Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2016 12:46:05 AM EDT
The magazine safety acts as a trigger stop and the trigger suffers when it's removed. What about grinding the surface area that goes against the magazine to be narrower so that it still acts as a trigger stop, but doesn't have the surface area to prevent the magazines from dropping free?

Think it's worth trying?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You lost me at your first sentence.
1. The magazine disconnect/safety is not a trigger stop.
2. Removing the disconnect is almost universally acknowledged as the easiest method of improving the trigger. You are the first I've read that believes it makes it worse.
3. Polishing the front face of each magazine and the corresponding surface of the magazine disconnect is often used by those who don't want to remove the mag disconnect.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You can serrate the trigger safety and it helps or you can use phosphated mags and it's not an issue.  

The polished mags make the trigger feel rough if the mag disco is still there.   You also need a MK2 trigger return spring if you remove the disco from a MK3.  

I shot a Hi Power for a few years and the mag disco is not even noticeable if you don't use shiny mags.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can serrate the trigger safety and it helps or you can use phosphated mags and it's not an issue.  

The polished mags make the trigger feel rough if the mag disco is still there.   You also need a MK2 trigger return spring if you remove the disco from a MK3.  

I shot a Hi Power for a few years and the mag disco is not even noticeable if you don't use shiny mags.
View Quote

Shinny polished mags make a rough pull????  Parkerized mags that are rough make it feel smooth?????  

Hmmmmmmm?

Maybe you mean the rough surface of a Parked mag makes such a bad pull that the mag disconnector is the least of your worries???
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Shinny polished mags make a rough pull????  Parkerized mags that are rough make it feel smooth?????  

Hmmmmmmm?

Maybe you mean the rough surface of a Parked mag makes such a bad pull that the mag disconnector is the least of your worries???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmmmmm?

I know...made me go too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Magazine safeties are stupid.
/thread
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
True enough. I'll have to look into the mk2 trigger spring mentioned earlier. I was just wondering 'cause my trigger had a good bit of slack in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top