Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:13:55 PM EDT
So I'm needing some mags for my new HK Mark 23 and was wondering will my HK USP 45 mags work in a pinch if I change the floor plates or is the body,follower,spring different ?
Or is just the bottom floor plate different?

The left is a Mark 23 mag the right is a USP 45 mag.

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mk23 mags are different. They look really similar, but they are slightly different and they don't work.

If I remember right the Mk23 mags have longer feed lips. I'd have to check my Mk23 mags against my USP Tac mags when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember right the Mk23 mags have longer feed lips.
View Quote
You are correct, sir.  The OP is also correct in that the floor plates are different.

I have used Mark 23 magazines in my USP 45s with no issues.  I have not yet tried USP 45 magazines (with Mark 23 floor plates) in my Mark 23.  I have read that the USP 45 magazine bodies will work, but they are not optimal.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
MK23 magazines are very similar but have longer feed lips and obviously a slightly different baseplate.  Supposedly they work ok if you swap the baseplate, but we can presume HK made them with longer feed lips for a reason, so stick with genuine MK23 mags.

MK23 magazines will however work perfectly in a USP 45, so if you add a Tactical down the line, you'll be all set.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top