Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2017 6:43:06 AM EDT
Both my P2000 and SK models have the standard Meprolight 3 dot night sights installed from the factory.  I'm seeing a lot of guys running 3 dots but with a bright colored dot on front sight.  Is this the preferred setup for defensive/CCW use?  Assuming it is easier to pick up on the front sight post than the standard night sights.  I've also seen the "dot the I" style.  

I used Trijicon sights before but prefer the brightness of the Mepros.  What are my options?  What do you prefer..."3 dot setup" or "dot the i" setup?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mepro's are great. no need to spend money. When I don't have night sights I put on XS Big dots. I am 55 and older you get the harder it is to see smaller things. They work good for their intended purposes but don't expect precision shooting with them. If I were you I would leave the Mepro's alone unless they no longer illuminate
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I will second the "leave the Meps" sentiment. I looked at other options but none were worth the extra cash. I can pick up the stock Meps on my SK as well as the Pro I-Dots I had on my G19 in all light conditions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
My SK came from the factory with HK's glowy "sorta" night sights.  Same as my HK45. Only my VP9 came with factory tritium night sights.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Trijicon HD sights better than the standard 3 dot Meprolights, but not enough to swap out a functioning set.  I have them on one pistol, the standard mepros on two others, and standard trijicons on another.  I shoot fine with all of them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd leave the stock night sights.  If you can't see the front, paint it bright orange.

Trijicon HDs are ridiculous sights.  They make the back end of the pistol a hazard to your skin and they chew holes in shirts.  About like the Warren Tactical sights.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to get a pair of the new Trijicon HD XR's when I can find them in stock.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top