Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
And don't want to send your slide out to have it modified?

The M9A3 decocker will work in your 92FS!!!!

Too bad Beretta doesn't just sell the decocker...YET! Hopefully they will.

I know...this video is a huge tease but there is hope.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag

I paid $150 for WC to G convert my 92A1. My PX4 I did myself.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've wanted a decocker too but don't want to send the slide out for modification. Right now im running a low profile Wilson Combat safety but if Beretta drops the M9A3 decocker for sale as a parts kit I'm going to buy it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks so complicated
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not that complicated to take the safety off the 92FS. You just have to be mindful of the detents and springs. When I changed my ambi-safety out for the Wilson low profile one I just put the slide in a 1 gallon sandwich bag.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's really not that bad to remove and replace the decocker. I did my PX4 in only a couple minutes.

G Beretta is best Beretta.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I am very interested in this, has there been any kind of announcement about if or when this will be available?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am very interested in this, has there been any kind of announcement about if or when this will be available?
View Quote

None. I wish Beretta would add the thing to their website. I find it amazing you can't buy any parts for the M9A3.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Be a pretty cool conversion if the parts came available!
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe Wilson will put something out with their low pro and single side safeties.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe Wilson will put something out with there low pro and single side safeties.
View Quote

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's really not that bad to remove and replace the decocker. I did my PX4 in only a couple minutes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could buying G parts for the decocker and carry it over, or is there more?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the PX4 you just remove the decocker, push out a detent ball, and put it back together. No extra parts required. There's how to's on YouTube.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#14]
They even sell a THREADED 22LR conversion barrel for the 92FS.  But not a regular threaded 9mm barrel.   It's like Beretta loves not making what people want.......so I wouldn't hold my breath for a G decocker.  

Almost like it's GLOCK......they do the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I've wanted a threaded barrel for my 92FS.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Admittedly I'm new to Beretta, but looked into this briefly when I got my first 92 recently.
If this works then why are people paying $150+ for conversions when that same or some other company could make a part like this?
This doesn't look like a hard part to make (and yes, I'm a machinist).
Only reason I can think of is a lack of perceived demand, but if WC and others are offering the service that doesn't seem reasonable.
What am I missing?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Admittedly I'm new to Beretta, but looked into this briefly when I got my first 92 recently.
If this works then why are people paying $150+ for conversions when that same or some other company could make a part like this?
This doesn't look like a hard part to make (and yes, I'm a machinist).
Only reason I can think of is a lack of perceived demand, but if WC and others are offering the service that doesn't seem reasonable.
What am I missing?
View Quote

Beretta just moved factories to TN, is backlogged trying to make guns, and the part just isn't available.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, but what I mean is if this simple of a part can effect the conversion, why hasn't someone else been making them for years?
I started reading about g conversions shortly after getting mine and the consensus seemed to be that machining of the slide was required. I'm curious as to how it can go from that to a drop in part.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes, but what I mean is if this simple of a part can effect the conversion, why hasn't someone else been making them for years?
I started reading about g conversions shortly after getting mine and the consensus seemed to be that machining of the slide was required. I'm curious as to how it can go from that to a drop in part.
View Quote

From my understanding until the M9a3 was released the part wasn't available because it wasn't even around. So WC was making the conversion themselves and required machining the slide. Now that the M9a3 is out the part is there just not available to buy unless you buy an M9a3. Hopefully Beretta starts producing the part by itself for purchase.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

From my understanding until the M9a3 was released the part wasn't available because it wasn't even around. So WC was making the conversion themselves and required machining the slide. Now that the M9a3 is out the part is there just not available to buy unless you buy an M9a3. Hopefully Beretta starts producing the part by itself for purchase.
View Quote
The G conversions that already existed used either a factory Beretta G decocker, or a Wilson Combat or Allegheny Gun Works decocker that was made to factory Beretta specs. In order for them to function the milling was required. 

This decocker came around, from what I gather, when Beretta was pitching the M9A3 to the Army as well as conversion parts for existing guns in inventory.  

Why the G versions weren't built this way from the start, or why 92 series guns aren't convertible like other Beretta G models I don't know. 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Just noticed the kits are out. Went to order it from Beretta and they're sold out. Should've paid more attention.

Hopefully they get them in stock sooner than later.  Guess is should've read THIS thread sooner as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top