Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:29:52 AM EDT
I'm hankering for a new carry pistol, just wondering if those who carry a Beretta 92 compact are liking them?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm hankering for a new carry pistol, just wondering if those who carry a Beretta 92 compact are liking them?
View Quote

I have but not very often because I haven't found a holster I like for them yet.

I did a review on mine a while back: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_15/149830_Beretta_92FS_Compact_INOX___Full_Review.html
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote
I've got one and carry it once in a while.  I'd like to move it to my EDC, which was my plan, but I'm not getting enough time on the range in to practice with my DA shots.  SA is easy and it's a tack driver.

Size-wize, it's pretty much the same as my Glock 19.  I ordered a Theis IWB holster, but never really took to it.  I have a small, simple Kydex holster for my G19 that actually fits the 92c decently, so I carry it in that until I can find another, smaller dedicated holster.

Love the gun though.    (It's also the only gun my wife wants to shoot now.  Her EDC is a PX4sc 9mm.)  

Link to the holster I bought:  https://theisholsters.com/productDetails.php?pcID=1

ETA:  I put a "D" spring in, a Wilson Combat Low-Profile Safety, and some WC VZ grips.  It's slick.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses.  I'm a big Milt Sparks fan so I may just order up a Criterion for the 92FS and carry either in the same holster
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the responses.  I'm a big Milt Sparks fan so I may just order up a Criterion for the 92FS and carry either in the same holster
View Quote
Check to see if it's compatible with a rail though, depending on the gun you get.  Newer Compacts have a rail, but there are older models w/o.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry the 92a1.  Compact would be better.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 92 compact with a tlr1 mounted. Love the pistol and would edc but the custom holster I had made is pretty large with the light attached so it's more winter time owb carry under a coat. I want to pick up a Wilson combat leather holster soon to carry iwb without the light attached.

If you do get the compact just get the reduced power hammer spring too either the d spring or wolff 16lb, it makes the trigger in da lighter.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to get an Inox  compact.  BUT, I have seen several pictures of newer ones with the frames showing finish blemishes.  I have a line on getting the Inox at a great price, actually about $60 cheaper than the Bruiton finished compact.

Anyone else noticing these blemishes?  And what may be causing them?  This would be my first Inox Beretta and I would love it to be a compact.  But if I am going to have spots show up on the frame after a few months of carrying, what's the point?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#8]
ive got 2 of them, no blems
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be carrying one soon....in the mail as we speak!

Looking for good leather now...
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I fondled one last week at my LGS and I like it a lot.  It's smaller than I thought it would be.  Although I didn't have a fullsize sitting next to it to compare.  It seems way smaller though.  I could dig one of those.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought the hybrid holster that Beretta offers on their website.

I was pleasantly surprised.  I have A Lot oh holsters, and this one holds its own in comfort.

Can't comment yet on durability.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was pleasantly surprised.  I have A Lot oh holsters, and this one holds its own in comfort.

View Quote

The plastic on mine cracked in about 1 year of light use.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A little afraid that might be the case.  The leather is definitely thinner and more pliable that my MTAC's, Milt Sparks, Crossbreeds, etc.

We'll see, I guess.

Still a comfortable holster though, and not insanely priced, so if I get a year or two out of it, I guess I will be happy.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Any upshot to the Compact vs the Centurion? Plotting my next Beretta purchase prior to the APX coming out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.  You shoot it yet?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Haven't shot it yet!!

Soon, though.  I have a D spring, steel trigger, skeletonized hammer, and Wilson Combat single-sided safety that I want to install, but not before shooting it in stock configuration.

Will report back soon!
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Haven't shot it yet!!

Soon, though.  I have a D spring, steel trigger, skeletonized hammer, and Wilson Combat single-sided safety that I want to install, but not before shooting it in stock configuration.

Will report back soon!
View Quote

Thats a damn fine looking weapon.

To anyone with a compact: Whats the hight of it? Top of the slide to bottom of magazine?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine has done the same
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I use to carry a PPK for the small size. Then went out and got the 92 compact and berretta holster. Other then a few times a carry my FNX the 92 is with me at all times. Hiding it is pretty easy even for a man that is 6 foot and only 125 pound soaking wet. In fact I love the compact so much I have three because they were hard to find around here. Then they came out with a rail and had to have that one too . The mag in the gun is a thirteen rounder but the spears are 17.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

To anyone with a compact: Whats the hight of it? Top of the slide to bottom of magazine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't shot it yet!!

Will report back soon!

5.25 inches.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#22]
thanks
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Haven't shot it yet!!

Will report back soon!
View Quote

Are they making a "d" spring for the compact?  I would've thought the hammer spring would be different from a full sized 92.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are they making a "d" spring for the compact?  I would've thought the hammer spring would be different from a full sized 92.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't shot it yet!!

Will report back soon!

The spring is the same, but the hammer spring cap is shorter on the Compact...allowing for the same spring!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Aaah.  I don't remember what that looks like.   For some reason I replaced my hammer spring in my M9.  I think I did it out of precaution at like 2500 rounds.  But I guess that was probably overkill.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top