Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2016 9:52:57 AM EDT
So I'm quite excited to give the p320 a try but I've always been weirded out by plastic guns. What can I expect out of the p320?

Also anyone got recommendations for a good light to put on it and a holster that would accommodate the pistol with the light. And I've been having a hard time finding a threaded barrel for the fullsize all I can find is a threaded barrel for the compact configuration.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, and don't weird out, plastic guns have been serving for decades.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Streamlight for my 320.  Ebay has a bunch of kydex holsters listed for the P320 with a light.  Safariland also makes a 6390 for the fullsize with a light.  David
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Streamlight for my 320.  Ebay has a bunch of kydex holsters listed for the P320 with a light.  Safariland also makes a 6390 for the fullsize with a light.  David
View Quote

So you know if that light that sig makes is anygood?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
DSG alpha w/light holster?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no experience with Sig lights.  Most of the Sig stuff I have seen is just rebranded iTac.  You can search itac and decide for yourself.  Good luck. David
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

They look nice but idk what light I want lol. Streamlight or surefire.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone familiar with reign tactical?
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So I'm quite excited to give the p320 a try but I've always been weirded out by plastic guns. What can I expect out of the p320?

Also anyone got recommendations for a good light to put on it and a holster that would accommodate the pistol with the light. And I've been having a hard time finding a threaded barrel for the fullsize all I can find is a threaded barrel for the compact configuration.
View Quote

You should be happy with either SureFire or Streamlight. I have Streamlight, but I'm cheap(ish).

As for holsters, I always recommend BlackPoint Tactical. I have the Leather Wing (non light) for my full-sized P320. They make a standard Kydex holster and their Leather Wing for mounted lights.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Go custom kydex. Most decent quality makers make them now for that gun.

As far as lights go you need to get a Surefire or Streamlight or Inforce.  

I recommend the TLR-1 series of Streamlight for bang for the buck.  

Search NUoSU concealement (member here), Blackpoint Tactical, T.Rex Arms, Alabama Holster Compan, LFI Kydex, Raven Concealment.  

You will find something you like.  

Don't cheap out and buy quality proven gear to start.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm liking the tree holsters. They look pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#11]
1/3 of the guys at work use streamlight tlr-1(s)
1/3 use surefire
1/3 no light

No one has had any issues with either that I know of. I like streamlights switch so that's what I use. However surefires quick detach system is pretty awesome but for my duty gun I never take it off so I don't have a need for that. If it was for something I may conceal at some point I would go surefire for that reason.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1/3 of the guys at work use streamlight tlr-1(s)
1/3 use surefire
1/3 no light

No one has had any issues with either that I know of. I like streamlights switch so that's what I use. However surefires quick detach system is pretty awesome but for my duty gun I never take it off so I don't have a need for that. If it was for something I may conceal at some point I would go surefire for that reason.
View Quote

Have you had any experience with the inforce apl?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an x300 on my p226 and streamlight tlr-1 HL's on my p229 and p220, for the price I paid I'd go streamlight.. It's high quality, very bright and has the strobe feature. Amazon had them a few months ago for under $100 (HL model) shipped with an instant rebate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
My fullsize has been a tack driver. It's truly an excellent pistol.

I got my kydex holster for it on ebay. It's a pretty nice holster for 35 bucks. I don't intend to conceal it, so I just wanted something that worked. Got lucky with the ebay roulette!

Streamlight ftw. Hard to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm thinking my plan for my P320 carry is to eventually get an RMR on it, and an Surefire XC1 and use it as my dedicated bump in the night gun, and get a separate subcompact for carry. I'm having troubles concealing the carry model, even with the compact grip.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm thinking my plan for my P320 carry is to eventually get an RMR on it, and an Surefire XC1 and use it as my dedicated bump in the night gun, and get a separate subcompact for carry. I'm having troubles concealing the carry model, even with the compact grip.

View Quote

How would you put an rmr on it since the slide isn't cut out for it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#17]
send it to get milled, or wait for the RX slide to come out
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sig is gonna come out with a slide already cut? I also wish they would have a threaded barrel for the fullsize p320.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Streamlight vs. Surefire, I prefer the streamlight.  I don't like the momentary activation on the surefire one bit...though it's great on a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Stop it with the 320 threads already...you're making me want one really bad

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sig is gonna come out with a slide already cut? I also wish they would have a threaded barrel for the fullsize p320.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only already milled, but with their new "Romeo" sight already installed and co-witnessed tall sights.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not only already milled, but with their new "Romeo" sight already installed and co-witnessed tall sights.

http://www.sigaddict.com/images/2014/p320rx.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why can't I find just the slide for sale?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, I've got no interest in their proprietary chinese red dot
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't they make it have the same foot print of most other micro red dots though?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea when we will be able to purchase them?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I picked up a full size P320 today. It has the new generation frame.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice pistol. I have the compact version and it is becoming my favorite. I like the ability to be able to put a sub-compact grip on my compact slide/barrel for ccw. Longer sight radius and smaller package = win,win.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nice pistol. I have the compact version and it is becoming my favorite. I like the ability to be able to put a sub-compact grip on my compact slide/barrel for ccw. Longer sight radius and smaller package = win,win.
View Quote

Mine has become my favorite I have just under 1000 rounds through it and I love it. I just want to add a red dot to it and an extended mag and a beveled mag well if possible.

What I would like to see someone make for it is an aluminum frame for those of us who want one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I got mine milled. Four week turn around for around $150ish at Suarez International.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there any other good options other than the rmr for red dots?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

the 320rx is suppose to be out any day now with their romeo red dot

no experience with it, but supposedly sig upped their optics game from their previous rebranded chicom dots
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

no experience with it, but supposedly sig upped their optics game from their previous rebranded chicom dots
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well hopefully I can just buy the slide.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Your 320 has the newer take down lever AND slide lock lever. Mine has the slimmer takedown but not the smaller slide lock. I wonder how they name these frame modules so I can be sure I get the correct one when I order another? It looks to me like my larger slide lock lever would not fit onto your frame module with the extra bit of plastic underneath it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got mine milled. Four week turn around for around $150ish at Suarez International.

View Quote

Did you purchase the rmr from them too? Did they install it after they milled it? Happy with how it turned out?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did you purchase the rmr from them too? Did they install it after they milled it? Happy with how it turned out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I bought it separate during the great Amazon Fire Sale of 2014 when even ACOG's were going for around $200

J&G mounted it for me for free.

I am very happy how it turned out. 25 and 35 yards was no longer a struggle anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No, I bought it separate during the great Amazon Fire Sale of 2014 when ev en ACOG's were going for around $200

I am very happy how it turned out. 25 and 35 yards was no longer a struggle anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I bought it separate during the great Amazon Fire Sale of 2014 when ev en ACOG's were going for around $200

Cool. I have only shot an optic equipped pistol once so really never tried it out seriously, but have been getting the itch to try one out for real.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cool. I have only shot an optic equipped pistol once so really never tried it out seriously, but have been getting the itch to try one out for real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be an expensive itch, but it's well worth it in the end
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Your 320 has the newer take down lever AND slide lock lever. Mine has the slimmer takedown but not the smaller slide lock. I wonder how they name these frame modules so I can be sure I get the correct one when I order another? It looks to me like my larger slide lock lever would not fit onto your frame module with the extra bit of plastic underneath it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And the new trigger, too. It's fully upgraded, put together in December. The frame also has some small changes, such as the size is no longer labeled on the side of the frame near the rail. Instead, they put a little M on the back of the grip. But, no, I don't believe the old slide lock will work with the new frame because of the additional material.

I can take pics of the changes if you'd like.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ffffaaawwwkkk...

That's sexy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm liking the tree holsters. They look pretty damn good.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And the new trigger, too. It's fully upgraded, put together in December. The frame also has some small changes, such as the size is no longer labeled on the side of the frame near the rail. Instead, they put a little M on the back of the grip. But, no, I don't believe the old slide lock will work with the new frame because of the additional material.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen the new triggers mentioned a couple times, but I haven't seen anyone discuss what's different about them?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone familiar with reign tactical?
View Quote

Those look pretty cool...
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've seen the new triggers mentioned a couple times, but I haven't seen anyone discuss what's different about them?
View Quote

Check out this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/158362_P320_back_from_SIG_for_trigger_slap_issue.html

The new trigger has a "shelf" above the trigger to block off the gap in the frame. That shelf is actually part of the trigger. I'll take a couple pictures later to illustrate it.

It also has a more obvious curve to it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Check out this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/158362_P320_back_from_SIG_for_trigger_slap_issue.html

The new trigger has a "shelf" above the trigger to block off the gap in the frame. That shelf is actually part of the trigger. I'll take a couple pictures later to illustrate it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the response!
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:24:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago, so it should have been put together recently. Ill have to take a look at mine when I get home and see which trigger it has, as it definitely has the larger slide locks, but the slimmer take down. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#46]
So anyone got any new info on the romeo slides for the p320?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#47]
So got home and checked my 320 over, and found out I do have the newer: trigger and takedown lever. Looks as though my frame is the older generation as it has the size printed on the frame, and it has the larger slide lock levers. So apparently its 50/50 as far as the new parts go.

So heres my question, if I order more frame modules how do I make sure I get the correct one? Is there a way to swap out the older slide lock levers so that the newer frames will work with mine?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So got home and checked my 320 over, and found out I do have the newer: trigger and takedown lever. Looks as though my frame is the older generation as it has the size printed on the frame, and it has the larger slide lock levers. So apparently its 50/50 as far as the new parts go.

So heres my question, if I order more frame modules how do I make sure I get the correct one? Is there a way to swap out the older slide lock levers so that the newer frames will work with mine?
View Quote
The old and new slide locks will work in either or. Me, I trashed one and am giving the other to a local member for him to grind down and use for his own 320.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top