Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 12:15:18 AM EDT
Just thought I'd follow up on this since I've complained about my P320 a few times.

I sent my P320 back to SIG several months ago for a pretty bad case of trigger slap.   The thing was painful to shoot, and it was the first time I've experienced that particular problem with a pistol.

SIG sent me a mailing label and kept the gun for about 3.5 months.  I sent a follow-up email a couple weeks ago and they said they would get it out to me in a few days.  It showed up on my doorstep as promised.

The work order reads:

Replaced original trigger with updated adverse trigger
Test fired 75 rounds, no malfunctions
Cleaned pistol in ultrasonic cleaner, lubed to factory specs
There is a noticeable difference in comfort with installation of new trigger.  Original trigger included for comparison.
New magazine used for test firing has been included with an additonal new magazine.  
Cost to owner: $0.00

I was able to get it out and put about 120 rounds through it today.   No more trigger slap, and the trigger weight feels about a half pound lighter than it was.  No malfunctions and the sights were dialed in well enough for me.    It was pleasant to shoot and the gun came back down on target quickly, with less muzzle flip than I'd expect for such a high bore axis.

In addition to two new mags, they also included a swag pack with a hat, stickers, patch, etc. along with the old trigger.

I'm quite pleased with the service and won't even complain about the time it took them to get it back to me, since I really didn't miss it while it was gone.  I would encourage anyone with the same problem to call SIG and see what they'll do.  Apparently it's a real issue and they can fix it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the follow up...I missed your original posts about the issue but will be looking that up...the P320 has been getting my attention for some time but I have been resisting as I don't really need another pistol... ;)

Bill
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
the old trigger?  just the trigger right?  because the trigger mechanism is the serialized gun on these isn't it?  Are trigger swaps easy on these?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I've heard that about the P320, I think Hickok45 said it too.  It's nice to know it can be fixed.  It would be great if Sig would proactively fix the new ones before they leave the factory.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm still confused why you are calling it "slap".

That makes it sound like the trigger is resetting so fast and hard it is literally slapping your finger and causing pain. But it sounded like in your original post and what others have experienced on a variety of handguns is getting their finger chewed up a bit brushing the bottom of the trigger guard and maybe even being pinched in the process? Am I wrong here?

Just curious. Anyway, the fix for you is great news and hard to find mags thrown in is icing on the cake. Thanks for the update.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
While it is unfortunate that they kept your pistol so long I have to give them credit for fixing it on their dime, giving you a pair of mags, and throwing in some goodies. Excellent CS makes a good company great.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That makes it sound like the trigger is resetting so fast and hard it is literally slapping your finger and causing pain. But it sounded like in your original post and what others have experienced on a variety of handguns is getting their finger chewed up a bit brushing the bottom of the trigger guard and maybe even being pinched in the process? Am I wrong here?

Just curious. Anyway, the fix for you is great news and hard to find mags thrown in is icing on the cake. Thanks for the update.

View Quote

Slap is the correct term, at least in my case.  It wasn't being pinched or caught by the end of the trigger.  It was the same painful, numbing impact you experienced on certain AK triggers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Local GM running the 320 through its paces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsdMukgawJ0
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Slap is the correct term, at least in my case.  It wasn't being pinched or caught by the end of the trigger.  It was the same painful, numbing impact you experienced on certain AK triggers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran into the same disbelief when I posted about my VP9 having the same issues.  Difference is HK service won't admit anything is wrong with their precious guns.  Glad they fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I've heard that about the P320, I think Hickok45 said it too.  It's nice to know it can be fixed.  It would be great if Sig would proactively fix the new ones before they leave the factory.
View Quote

This is not a systemic problem with the gun.  It is a problem with a small percentage of shooters.

I have zero issue with trigger bite on the 320.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]
So is this a matter of where the trigger hits bone and all sig needed to do is lighten up the pull with a new spring? Or was something bad with your trigger? Just very curious if sig received the trigger and found something out of spec or have solutions that have a different pull for those that the stock trigger hurts. I read on some forum where sig was revising the trigger. I think it was pistol trainig forum. Who knows, I still want one bad in compact fde.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Trigger slap
It's right up there with "high bore axis"
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Trigger slap
View Quote

I've owned a LOT of pistols and currently shoot about 10,000 rounds a year of major power factor ammo in USPSA, and have been active in that particular discipline since 2003.   This is the first gun I've ever owned that has exhibited this sort of problem.  A problem that was demonstrably fixed by the manufacturer.

If you haven't experienced it and don't know what you're talking about, why bother saying anything?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Side-note: how does the felt recoil compare to a G17/G19?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Side-note: how does the felt recoil compare to a G17/G19?
View Quote

Pretty similar.  The Glocks rise a bit less and come down a bit faster, but the SIG settles right back down without excessive muzzle rise.  I'd say it rises less than the Walther PPQ.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know what hes talking about. Sometimes a gun's trigger can reset with so much force it actually hurts. Considering it's not present on most of the line it's a flaw that needs to be fixed.

Bore axis I'd agree with you on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger slap

I know what hes talking about. Sometimes a gun's trigger can reset with so much force it actually hurts. Considering it's not present on most of the line it's a flaw that needs to be fixed.

It's not just on this forum where he ridicules anyone who says the P320 is anything but perfect.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's not just on this forum where he ridicules anyone who says the P320 is anything but perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger slap

Just trying to call it like I see it.  I have no axes to grind in any direction.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Trigger slap
View Quote

Only people I hear complain about people who mention bore axis are Sig owners.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#21]
They really went all out to satisfy you...I hope that you let them know...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I experienced said pain as well my first few hundred rounds, but have not had an issue since, that or my finger is used to it now. I can't wait for Grey Guns to release their DIY trigger kit though, that will make all the difference to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I experienced said pain as well my first few hundred rounds, but have not had an issue since, that or my finger is used to it now. I can't wait for Grey Guns to release their DIY trigger kit though, that will make all the difference to me.
View Quote

I just looked up their stuff and I'm fairly excited. I've gotta think that with a removable trigger pack that tuning it would be easier. Not to mention, you can move it from one set up to the next and still only pay that one fee instead of every damn gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just thought I'd follow up on this since I've complained about my P320 a few times.

<a href="http://s241.photobucket.com/user/kemays/media/p320_zpsby2hid9y.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/p320_zpsby2hid9y.jpg</a>

I sent my P320 back to SIG several months ago for a pretty bad case of trigger slap.   The thing was painful to shoot, and it was the first time I've experienced that particular problem with a pistol.

SIG sent me a mailing label and kept the gun for about 3.5 months.  I sent a follow-up email a couple weeks ago and they said they would get it out to me in a few days.  It showed up on my doorstep as promised.

The work order reads:

Replaced original trigger with updated adverse trigger
Test fired 75 rounds, no malfunctions
Cleaned pistol in ultrasonic cleaner, lubed to factory specs
There is a noticeable difference in comfort with installation of new trigger.  Original trigger included for comparison.
New magazine used for test firing has been included with an additonal new magazine.  
Cost to owner: $0.00

I was able to get it out and put about 120 rounds through it today.   No more trigger slap, and the trigger weight feels about a half pound lighter than it was.  No malfunctions and the sights were dialed in well enough for me.    It was pleasant to shoot and the gun came back down on target quickly, with less muzzle flip than I'd expect for such a high bore axis.

In addition to two new mags, they also included a swag pack with a hat, stickers, patch, etc. along with the old trigger.

I'm quite pleased with the service and won't even complain about the time it took them to get it back to me, since I really didn't miss it while it was gone.  I would encourage anyone with the same problem to call SIG and see what they'll do.  Apparently it's a real issue and they can fix it.
View Quote

Also, quick question. On one of the Sig forums, I just read that a guy has two seperate P320s. They have two different triggers. One has the #1 on the backside while the other has the #2 on it. the trigger with #2 has what looks to be a guard on the top to help with pinch or black finger. Does your new and old trigger have any of this? Is there a visible difference between the two?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also, quick question. On one of the Sig forums, I just read that a guy has two seperate P320s. They have two different triggers. One has the #1 on the backside while the other has the #2 on it. the trigger with #2 has what looks to be a guard on the top to help with pinch or black finger. Does your new and old trigger have any of this? Is there a visible difference between the two?
View Quote

ETA: the old trigger has #1, new trigger has #2.  

#2 has a "shelf" at the top of the trigger shoe.  The bottom rear of the trigger is also solid, where #1 is hollowed out at the rear of the tip.  Other than that, they look alike in shape.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Ken, sorry for de-legitimizing your problem in that post, glad it's been resolved.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trigger slap
View Quote

Not sure why you are trying to make it seem like he doesn't know what he's talking about. The OP is a respected member of this forum.

Trigger slap is a real issue and is most often found on cheap AK style rifles. I had a WASR that would do it. Trigger finger would hurt pretty bad after 50 rounds. Not an uncommon problem.

Glad they fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ken, sorry for de-legitimizing your problem in that post, glad it's been resolved.
View Quote

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Trigger slap is know to happen with certain guns, and the P320 is one of them. Hickok45 speaks of it in his P320 review, and in his recent review of the P320 Compact at about the 4:10 mark.

I get trigger slap from XD triggers, depending on where I place my finger on the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for posting the picture.  I spoke to Sig Customer Service today.  Mentioned that the trigger on the P320-9mm pinched my finger between tip of trigger and the trigger guard.  I believe this is called "trigger bite".

Have you experienced this?

I haven't experienced trigger slap so I do not know what occurs.  Does the trigger snap forward past reset striking your finger pad?  Or...something else?

Thanks!
Julian
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for posting the picture.  I spoke to Sig Customer Service today.  Mentioned that the trigger on the P320-9mm pinched my finger between tip of trigger and the trigger guard.  I believe this is called "trigger bite".

Have you experienced this?

I haven't experienced trigger slap so I do not know what occurs.  Does the trigger snap forward past reset striking your finger pad?  Or...something else?

Thanks!
Julian
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#32]
It was definitely not a case of my finger getting caught between the trigger and trigger guard.  The trigger would reset with enough force to impart a nasty sting to my finger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top