Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2016 1:15:02 AM EDT
Leaning toward the Draco because the rear sight can be swapped for a RPK sight for windage adjustment.
Like that the PAP is closer to a Krink though.
Are there windage adjustable rear sights available for the PAP?
Hate it when the front has to be pushed way out of center, so I like a non-gun smithing option.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen folks do an A2 rear sight in the M92.

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=4&f=98&t=161037
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the PAP, as it's a Krink, but the Draco has a chrome lined barrel. The choice is your's.  GARY
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I decided to go with the draco, Got it today.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer the PAP, as it's a Krink, but the Draco has a chrome lined barrel. The choice is your's.  GARY
View Quote

I'd disagree, but I've argued that in other threads already.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Does any one know the sight radius difference between them?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#6]
About 1.5". Measured my Draco at 11" and on AK files a user that the m92 is 12.5"
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
About 1.5". Measured my Draco at 11" and on AK files a user that the m92 is 12.5"
View Quote

Mine measured at 11.5" when dropping a rod on a closed bolt.  Neither the PAP nor the Draco are Krinks so I don't know what the whole "the PAP is a krink" deal is... the barrel length is off, handguards and other parts aren't interchangeable, it isn't really the right caliber, ect.  They are probably great but I'm just completely turned off to yugos.  I'm honestly not sure what I would list as an advantage for the M92 when comparing it to a Draco other than the shorter OAL which is really an inch or less i think.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]
He was asking about the sight radius, not barrel length
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He was asking about the sight radius, not barrel length
View Quote

Makes sense considering the M92 barrel is not 12.5" .  Definite fail on my part... sorry about that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right on!  I grabbed one today, Classic had a good enough deal and the FFL selection was easy. I have some take off furniture and muzzle device from my WASR I'm going to switch to. I've heard all Draco's have at least a virgin under folder rear trunnion. Leaning toward that once I get my stamp, but I'm also intrigued by a storm works folder.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Right on!  I grabbed one today, Classic had a good enough deal and the FFL selection was easy. I have some take off furniture and muzzle device from my WASR I'm going to switch to. I've heard all Draco's have at least a virgin under folder rear trunnion. Leaning toward that once I get my stamp, but I'm also intrigued by a storm works folder.  Thoughts?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it was just the "C" models that were equipped with the under folder trunnion. I think the regular models just have a basic rear trunnion specifically for the pistols. I could be wrong though
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I believe it was just the "C" models that were equipped with the under folder trunnion. I think the regular models just have a basic rear trunnion specifically for the pistols. I could be wrong though
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your right, anyways. Excellent choice !

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they all had underfolder trunnions, the only thing that the "C" model has is the holes already in the trunnion for the UF stock.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No they all had underfolder trunnions, the only thing that the "C" model has is the holes already in the trunnion for the UF stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Learned something new.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#15]
So the ones currently  at Atlantic have underfolder trunions?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

All AK pistols imported are going to have underfolder trunnions, I very much doubt they're going to tool up and make a pistol specific trunnion when all they got to do is chuck an un-drilled UF trunnion in the receiver. That being said If you want an underfolder stock on it just send it to an AK smith to get the holes drilled, after you get your F1 back of course.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

All AK pistols imported are going to have underfolder trunnions, I very much doubt they're going to tool up and make a pistol specific trunnion when all they got to do is chuck an un-drilled UF trunnion in the receiver. That being said If you want an underfolder stock on it just send it to an AK smith to get the holes drilled, after you get your F1 back of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.... exactly what I did with mine.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did not. Early model C's had the underfolder trunnion WITH the holes drilled. Later versions of the C's had a "underfolder trunnion" un-drilled. Must have looked at 30+ C's before I found the one below (with the trunnion and holes)

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top