Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 12:10:33 PM EDT
Who has a red dot mounted on your dust cover ?
Is it holding zero ?
Did you have to do anything to help it maintain that zero ?
What accuracy are you getting at 50 to 100 meters ?
Anything better than the drill and tap mounts ?
I do not want a gas tube mount.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Is it holding zero ?

View Quote
I hope so because I just ordered one.  No range report for a while because I still have to send the gun off for engraving.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it holding zero ?
View Quote

I have the Stormwekz rail with a Bushnell FastFire III. Maintains zero and I've removed and lifted the cover numerous times. I also have one of Ronin's top cover pull pins and no issues with zero.

That being said, as soon as Manticore gets their top plate for my handguard finished, I'll be running that. I don't like the gas tube idea but the Manticore with the Fastfire may be the ticket. Rumor has it TWS is making a M92 top cover and that would be my ideal, so I'm really hoping that comes through.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Vortex Sparc on mine. Holds zero. I have it mounted on the stormwerkz rail.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine works fine/no POI shift.

Keep in mind the sights are mounted to the same platforms so you'd assume it's somewhat feasible unless you mount something really heavy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#5]
can you run a side mount on a pap ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can you run a side mount on a pap ?
View Quote

Doesn't have mounting plate already, if that's what you mean.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the RapidFireTek mount.  I like it since it comes with the jig.  I don't like their prices to ship such a small item.

I have T1 with ADM mount.  No issues thus far.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]

What can you tell me about that charging handle?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Tromix purchased from Mississippi auto arms, I love it :)
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#11]
What mount is that ?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What mount is that ?
View Quote

For the dust cover? Stormwerkz, perfect fit
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like one of the Tromix bolt-on units
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

How did you get the extra length of pull on your SB47?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

yes what did you use ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Took it out and put a few hundred rounds through it this evening, first time since many upgrades. I LOVE IT. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

Zastava M92 PAP
Century Arms SB-47 Brace
Stormwerkz Dustcover picatinny rail
CNC Warrior Muzzle detent kit
Manticore Nightbrake
Midwest Industries railed handguard
KAK Industry Pistol Tube
Top Cover takedown pin <-not in pictures, just added
Magpul AK47 Grip
Primary Arms Micro Dot Removable Base with Flip Caps
Magpul AFG <-swapped from AFG2 in pics
Romanian 75 Round drum
Yugo BHO 30 Round mags
Tromix Knurled Bolt Handle
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Your links dont work...but I was able to find the tube.
How did you attach the KAK tube to the SB47?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:14:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How did you attach the KAK tube to the SB47?
View Quote

Buffer tubes screw into the SB-47 mount like they would on an AR-15 for the most part. The SB-47 uses a roll pin (drilled through the tube) instead of a castle nut for retention.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Good to know, thank you.

So the KAK tube needs a hole drilled into it so that it can be secured to the SB47?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#20]
SB47 required zero modification, the KAK tube does not NEED to be drilled, I drilled it to prevent rotation to match the original sb47 tube. You tap a roll pin out of the SB47 mount/tube, unthread the tube from the mount, screw on kak tube, drill and pin if desired
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Gotcha...thanks for posting that.

Any chance you can start a thread on how you did that? The tube that comes with the SB47 appears to be made of plastic so I was kinda loathe to mess with it too much for fear of breaking it.
Seeing how you have modified it makes me more adventurous though....Especially since I see that you can add what appears to be 2 inches or so to the length of pull.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gotcha...thanks for posting that.

Any chance you can start a thread on how you did that? The tube that comes with the SB47 appears to be made of plastic so I was kinda loathe to mess with it too much for fear of breaking it.
Seeing how you have modified it makes me more adventurous though....Especially since I see that you can add what appears to be 2 inches or so to the length of pull.
View Quote

My SB-47 tube is aluminum as are the rest I would assume. I pulled the brace back an inch and a half or so and wrapped that area with electrical tape. Not as pretty as a purpose made tube but it works.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have the RapidFireTek mount.  I like it since it comes with the jig.  I don't like their prices to ship such a small item.

View Quote

I just ordered the RFT rail.  I don't want to drill my dust cover, but I also prefer to keep my wood handgaurds - but Im having no luck with these irons.  Short sight radius, distance to rear sight, or both, I just can't use the things accurately.  Also $60 for something that is easier on the eye (to me) vs $100+ for a MI forearm is a no brainer.   I'll probably throw a PA micro on it.

FWIW, I ordered a sling mount, other odds & ends and shipping stayed at $10 for me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just ordered the RFT rail.  I don't want to drill my dust cover, but I also prefer to keep my wood handgaurds - but Im having no luck with these irons.  Short sight radius, distance to rear sight, or both, I just can't use the things accurately.  Also $60 for something that is easier on the eye (to me) vs $100+ for a MI forearm is a no brainer.   I'll probably throw a PA micro on it.

FWIW, I ordered a sling mount, other odds & ends and shipping stayed at $10 for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a fixed based PA micro on a RFT rail and its a good budget combo. I can co-witness using the 400m rear sight which I have zeroed for 50 yards.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top