Site Notices
GG-SAI thread... (Page 2 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:

what are you thinking here? jadm or moab?!?!

More like Tier3 aka Global Hawk
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok Guys,,,,,,i'll make this Short and sweet.

Ive at amost THREE YEARS waiting for one Krink build.  Apprarently trying to be patient and not "whine" on the boards  GOT ME KNOW WHERE.

Yes, this is the truth and here is My Email to prove im not a "troll"

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
hmm..the guy that was about to go to GG's place to pick up his stuff suddenly received his krink's. Maybe this is the only way to do it? Anyone got a number for their police department? It is only 12 hour drive from NY.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
3 rifles returned to a board member. Remember to post ALL info in this thread.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=55875&page=1
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:36:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Akruss35] [#6]
For the thread"Just received 3 Krinkov's from SAI/GG!!!Very good news for me and hopefully others too!"

First,my appologies to the moderators!

Well,i knew there will be some doubts about me,but like i said couple of guys knows me and know where i live.
Joezeta knows me pretty well,but actually it is up to You guy's to trust or not.I answered the question about why and how i paid half of the shipping on the AK-47.net,so i will not come back to that anymore.Why i did not ask Fedex when it will come,because Gary told me,when they will come(Saturday),but i did not know how much he paid for shipping.I realised it only after i received it,because it was on the Air bill.
I can understand why are You guy's so suspicious,but comon i'm not trying here to proove anything.
I'm just telling the truth.

Anyway just came back from the range and tested all three guns.They are worked like a dream!!!
My major concern was headspacing and that was fine on all three guns.Very accurate.I took the cases and there was no unusual markings on them or anything else.
Well,my next trip to the shooting range will be to take a pictures of the guns and targets also.
It will be probably next weekend.
Thank You all for a support on that board and other boards too!!!
I hope You will resolve the problems with Gary soon.
So far i love those guns and it was worth all my worries and the money i spended.
Tim.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, i know AKRUSS35 - Tim,,,,Ive been in contact with him since the very begining, in fact i told him he will love the guns when he gets them back,,BUT be prepared to WAIT along time after the quoted time,,,,

Unfortunately it had to come to him having to attempt to drive out there,,,,,

ive tried to be very patient, even spoke to GG on the phone, he came up with several ship dates/promises,,,,i dont know what to do,,,Do i plan a Day Trip to KC ?  i would have hoped it would not have to come to such a thing,,,its a real shame cause he is capable of very good work, and if he got his act together could have a VERY profitable Business.  This has been very frustating to say the least. 3 Years for a krink build?
Joezeta
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By joezeta:
he is capable of very good work,

He is  capable of very dangerous work. When I received my AK pistol back, it looked safe to fire. Inspection showed it was dangerous. Rivets poorly bucked against the barrel. A gap between the trunnion and the receiver. Lower trunnion rivets unsqueezed and held in place by the unauthorized paint job he did on the gun. It still might have been safe to fire if he had also not removed the welds from the trunnion, which he also was directed NOT to do. He also incorrectly installed the receiver rails with a skew.And of course, lets not forget the rust.

Here are some photo's of the "museum quality work" (must be Ripley's musuem)

First we have a poorly installed receiver rail, this should line up smoothly with the locking block, guess what? It does not
members.cox.net/br-25/badrail.jpg

Second, we have the barrel trunnion rivets, note how the gap between the trunnion and the receiver. Also note how the rivet is forced against the barrel.
members.cox.net/br-25/badbarrelrivet.jpg

Next we have a shot of some of the exposed rust, care to imagine why he painted the whole pistol even though he was not supposed to?
members.cox.net/br-25/badrust.jpg

Here is a shot of the lower rivet, note the gap I was able to create with finger pressure. It moves even easier now that the paint seal is broken.
members.cox.net/br-25/badrivet.jpg

Here is a shot of the back side of this very same rivet. Note how it was not squeezed. Also note where he removed the welding ( also against my directions) and just left a rebated area.
members.cox.net/br-25/badrivet2.jpg

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
There seems to be a marked difference in the quality of work done for "complainers" and those who ,in Garys words; "treat me right".

I find it funny that the most mass produced battle rifle in the world, capable of being assembled in third world countries by unskilled labor, can't be assembles in Kansas for an average customer in less than two years.

This has gone from absurd to Kafkaesk
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CAMPYBOB] [#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I could have done a MUCH better job with a screw driver and duct tape. The problem is that the "master builder"  probably worked on my gun, no telling who does the ones that come out looking okay. I would like to see some recent photos of his "good work". I suspect he probably has saved a buck or two to free some of the "good guns" from whom ever he has subcontracted them out to. The best way to keep a scam alive once it has been discovered is to dangle some hope infront of the remaining victims. Its a concept that is part on parcel of a PONZI SCHEME.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Hello!
TKMT
I don't know who did Your rifles he or one of his builders.Yes i agree on the photos which You are posting there is a lot of trouble,but non of my rifles has the same problems.And it is 3 rifles.I spoke with Joezeta on the phone iand he said he has some of the rifles,which was made by Gary and they are very best quality.And trust me if Joezeta tells me they are the first quality i believe him,because that guy has a pretty good collection of the AK rifles.
I was one of the complainers too and well i managed to get my rifles back.I did not recieved the special treatment.
Thank You!
Tim.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:16:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cinci] [#13]

Originally Posted By Akruss35:
Hello!
I did not recieved the special treatment.
Thank You!
Tim.

Tim,

No offense, and don't take this as a personal attack cause it's not.  But the hell you didn't receive special treatment.

I'm sitting on over 28 months waiting for my simple Bulgarian assembly.  I don't know why you got special treatment from GG, don't care and am glad you got your rifles.

All I can say is if I had a mad as hell Russian driving from Cleveland to Kansas to pick up $1000's of AK's I might get off my ass and do what I'd promised to do as well.  whatever you do in life don't piss off a Clevelander ;)

At best I'd say the return of your rifles is a welcomed footnote to this otherwise disqusting situtation.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Akruss35] [#14]
Well,yes You could think it that way;),but i think that happened because i was on the phone for last month at least 3-4 times per day trying to call Gary and at least 2-4 e-mails per day also.And finaly i just tried to drive there and i informed Gary,that i'm coming in.
That's probably it.
Thank You!
Tim.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Hello!
i agree on the photos which You are posting there is a lot of trouble,but non of my rifles has the same problems.And it is 3 rifles.

Tim, if you don't mind, I would like to see some photos of the "quality" work that comes from his "shop". Specifically, if you could photograph the rivet job.

Thanks

Thomas
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Akruss35] [#16]
Well i will try to do that,but i don't think i can do such a close up.I looked at the rivets on the barell after You posted pictures and they are looked OK,but rivets in the magwell are not pressed in all the way.I tried to move them with a fingers and using tools ,but they are not moving at all.But they are done differently,then Yours.They look like they pressed,but not all the way.From outside there is no gap or anything like that.Yours was not pressed for sure.
Tim.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#17]

I hope You will resolve the problems with Gary soon.
So far i love those guns and it was worth all my worries and the money i spended.
Tim.

I struggle with this type of platitude regarding our favorite smith from Kansas.  It worries me anyone could accept the level of treatment delivered by this smith and feel it was a worthwhile experiance.  Denial is not just a river in Egypt!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Lastdefender,
what is interesting is that this is exactly the "type" that Gucciano has been returning weapons too. Like I have said before, if you get in his head and figure out whats going on you can get him to give you your stuff back.
The one I am waiting on is to see if he rewarded 19 Delta for his death threat against me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been puzzling over this question for awhile.
Let's see, if you take your car in to be worked on and the mechanic takes your money and lies to you repeatedly then finally gives you your car back half finished or completed with questionable quality, you learn your lesson that this guy is a lier and unethical so you never go back to him.

But if a gunsmith does the exact same thing to you, all is forgiven.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Well,TKMT,i understand Your agenda with Gary and probably i would do a same after receiving the guns in that condition.And i know what makes You feel like i'm different then you.I don't know for how long you are waited for your pistol.Some of you wanted to know when i shipped the guns and how long i was waiting.
Ones again i did not pay upfront and we agreed,that i will not pay untill Gary will finish them and i told him not to rush,because for me the quality was the first issue.I shipped them on July 10th 2002 overnight to Gary.Somewhere in the beginning of October of 2002 he informed me that my rifles will be ready somewhere around October 21st.Well,at the time i was in Russia and of coarse i could not pay to him from there.I was there for a long time and he kept my guns for as long as i was there.Then in April of 2003 i e-mailed him and told him that i'm ready to pay and he replyed to me i can send a payment and he would ship the guns after 2-3 days of the receiving the funds.Well i mailed it to him,but well.... You know the story after that. Yes he did not ship a guns for a month,but i don't think he shipped them,because i was going there.For me it was just that i e-mailed to him couple of times a day and tried to call him also every day.Sometimes i had the answer,sometimes not.But well,guns are here.
The only question i have for TKMT is that.Did You requested Your pistol in AS-IS condition or how it was.Because i know from the posts on the websites some people requested to stop all the work and send their guns in AS-IS condition.So,what was Your case?
Tim.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think i can forgive anything.I questioned the quality of the guns,because of some posts here and other boards too and thats why i tried to move those rivets with a tools and thats why i was going to the range very next morning in 7A.M. in the morning to test those Krinkovs.I could not find anything wrong with them so far.And i don't know what is wrong with You guy's.You know,give me a brake. Are you just trying to make accusations that i'm working for Gary and don't want to tell You the truth?Or is it realy strange,that some people receiving a good guns?Comon,i even was reading the post of that gun magazine writer ,who received the Krinkov from Gary and seems to me he was very happy about the quality.Then i was reading on other board,that if he will say something good about the work of Gary he will be sorry about it.And that's just because you don't like to hear,that Gary is can do a good job?Anyway,i'm planing to go to the shooting range realy soon and make some pictures of the targets wich i will shoot using those krinkovs and also the guns.Who will be interested will read that review,who will be not,just don't read it.I realy appreciated support from the people of that board and other boards too,when things was not good for me,because of the problems with Gary.But i can not appreciate that some people trying to accuse me of something,that never happened.And also i don't like to be in defensive position for nothing.Just because i received the gun's earlier,then others.If You have a problem with that or want to say i'm working for somebody,just try to say it in the face to me and we can try to resolve that face to face.
Tim.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:05:23 AM EDT
[#22]
AKRUSS35,
I had some problems with your story due to some of the inconsistentency in your earlier posts, you even admitted yourself that you understood why people would question your story.
If I am wrong I am sorry and I look forward to the pics you will post from your range trip
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I am in Kansas right now. I have seen Gary this morning. I was able to see his shop and tools. There are a lot of projects he's workin on right now. I was able to gather some of my parts and will return tomorrow to get the rest. I have seen to it that I post here tonight to let everyone know that I am here and I will give a better report when I get back to Montana. I am at a "charge by the minute" internet machine so I'm typin as fast as I can. $5 for 20 minutes but it took 5 minutes to get to the board.

It does look like he is tryin to get caught up!

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tktm] [#24]
Tim, nothing personal I am not accusing you of anything. I take you at your word. What I do point out is that Gary plays favorites. And that if gary did play favorites with you he did it because of what he thought he could get out of you. That is not to say that you agreed to anything, its more so to say that he summed you up well. Like I said I do take you at your word, but I must also tell you there are little things that make me suspicious. But that is certainly not unreasonable when dealing with Gucciano.

As far as my pistol, I directed him to get it back to me by Jan 21 2003, completed or not completed. He gave me his "word" I would have it by that date. He did not keep his word. What he did say was that he did complete it on the jan 22 or the 23. I eventually got the pistol back through my KAG action.

Now Tim, what does make me suspicious about you is that your question about my pistol is very similar to some disinformation put out by Gucciano. But to clear things up once and for all, just look at the work; it speaks for itself. He refinished the entire pistol in black spray paint. The refinish job is the LAST PART of the processs, one refinishes a gun when all the rest of the work is complete. You don't refinish the gun and THEN work on the trunnion. Look at the way the barrel rivets are bucked. Whats left to be "finished" in that process, what step is his missing in that process? What is missing is that he did not do it the right way. He said his method was to pull the barrel and then use a specially built jig he has to squeeze those rivets. Then he would "laser align" the barrel and press it back in. Instead it appears that what he did do was drill out the old rivets and beat the new ones against the barrel with a mallet. So again, did he "complete" my pistol? The answer is- oh yes he completed it. And once he completed it, he spray painted the whole pistol black. Like I said the work speaks for itself, it does not take too much effort to determine the truth.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I've only got a couple of minutes left. It does look like gg is tryin to get caught up. I will know more tomorrow and post when I get back to Montana.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#26]
AKRUSS - I am happy for you. I don't know who really built you rifles, but you were real lucky.

GG has told so many lies and returned such half-assed screwed up projects that it is difficult for many of his victims to believe he is capable of decent work. I personally do not believe he is.

My project was returned after over two and a half years missing parts, the correct trunnion was never installed etc etc.

Also GG has no shop, he must do his "good work" some where else, or farm it out to someone who can do good work.

By my estimation his Shit work to Good work ratio is at least ten to one.

You are real lucky, by a lottery ticket :)

I am not jealous or upset with you about you getting good work - so don't take any of my comments the wrong way.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Econfina:
I am in Kansas right now. I have seen Gary this morning. I was able to see his shop and tools. There are a lot of projects he's workin on right now. I was able to gather some of my parts and will return tomorrow to get the rest. I have seen to it that I post here tonight to let everyone know that I am here and I will give a better report when I get back to Montana. I am at a "charge by the minute" internet machine so I'm typin as fast as I can. $5 for 20 minutes but it took 5 minutes to get to the board.

It does look like he is tryin to get caught up!

Come on now, it is just getting stranger by the second.
This guy is pissed off enough to drive all the way to Kansas from Montana because that is the only way he feels he will get his stuff back, he has to either take time off work or take some vacation time because it is in the middle of the week, he has to spend money on gas food and lodging because he can't pick up all his parts at one time for some reason so he has to stay over night.
But when he gets there he is no longer mad, he talks about Gary's shop (hmmm?) and tools and how hard this swell guy is working to get the projects done.
Gary at SAI could not have written this any better himself.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Econfina is on the level, WichKans - I know him and have spoken to him a few times on the phone.  Until proven otherwise I believe him.  He may not be telling us the full story, and I'm sure he IS pissed about a few things, but until he gets back to MT and can tell the full story why don't we all reserve our comments and judgement until then.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#29]

I am at a "charge by the minute" internet machine so I'm typin as fast as I can. $5 for 20 minutes but it took 5 minutes to get to the board.

There are usually computers with internet connections in public libraries....and you can use those for FREE!  As a matter of fact, I used one last year in Gettysburg, PA, while on vacation with my family, to reply to a scathing e-mail from Bowhunt.  Why was he writing to me?  Because I had posted a "review" of my dealings with SAI in the REVIEWS section of HIS web site.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got off the phone with the sheriff of GG county and he said that they had one guy from Wiskonsin(?) there. He was able to pick up some parts from Gary.
The reason i called was not to check on this though. I thought i'd have to make a road trip and told Gary about it, in reply he said that he can easily say he did not want me there and i'd have to leave,even if accompanied by law enforcement. So i called to ask, and they said they dont have any problems with that, i juust should warn them few days in advance
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Well I guess there is sort of a "rush to judgement" on my part, I guess I have spent to much time on AK-47.net and listened to Bowhunts heavy handed propaganda and all the other clones over there so I wouldnt put it past any of them to try and influence opinion on this site.
I was wrong to jump to conclusions with not all the facts, but my gut was talking to me and it is usally right.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By akruss35:
I shipped them on July 10th 2002 overnight to Gary.

I paid Gary over $600 in November 2001 (8 months before you) and am still waiting. It's quite obvious that Gary does projects in whatever order he pleases. I've seen too many people who were in line after me get their projects back already. And, yes, Gary and I were on good terms and he called me numerous times on the telephone in the last year and a half. So no one can say I've taken a back seat due to complaining. I was promised that me rifle would be completed in December 2001 (3 weeks from my order date), so I don't think filing with the KAG after 18 months is being a whiner (as Gary would say).

Akruss35, I'm truly glad to hear that you've received your rifles back and are satisfied with the workmanship. You are one of the lucky ones.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:25:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: operatorerror] [#33]

sigh

Sent my new milled Bulgarian receiver, new K-Var Bulgarian kit and payment in full to him for a kit build and refinish in March, 2001.

Yeah, I have serial numbers, receipts and confirmation e-mails.

I also have my required California State Assault Weapons Registration on file with the CA-DOJ.

I now have a tentative delivery date for the week of June 23, 2003.

That will be about 28 months if delivered on time.

And I have not complained (much).

I will post digital photos when (if) I receive my rifle.

Hoping for the best.

Edited for lousy math skills.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I have the exact same job at GG's.  I sent my kit, milled receiver and a cashiers check a couple months ahead of you in january 2001.

I have been very nice and patient as well.

I'm now 4-8 weeks past the last tentative lie, ah I mean delivery date that GG gave me.

I wouldn't wait til June 23, I'd send my paperwork into the KAG now and let them know the full extent of the mess GG has created.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Say Cinci, when (if) you get your rifle back and the serial numbers ain't right, let me know. Maybe we'll get lucky and I'll get yours. We could do a swap.

I'm only suggesting that this could be a possibility based on previous posts about receiving the wrong serial numbered receiver in a parts return.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#36]
won't be a problem I'm sure the KAG/BATF are going to check serial numbers before they send back the parts.  You don't really think GG is going to return completed rifles anytime soon do you?

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#37]
FYI..... SAI/Gary has return my parts (bolt carrier assembly and bolt) for the rifle he refinished. I'm still awaiting the reciept of my compensator which I purchase from SAI. The quality of the work is fine but definitely not worth the trouble.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#38]
well, hopefully its a good turn of events and atleast some people will not have to wait till the feds shut him down to get their stuff back.
If your lucky he will not have touched your stuff.

Ecofina, did you ever get any sort of explanation out of him why he would not send people their stuff back?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Finally!! I made it back.

I started plannin this trip some time back. I contacted all lawenforcement and got a proceed. I told no one my intended date because I knew someone would rat me out. I've been in this deal with sai for sometime now and delt with a few back stabbers (who wouldn't stand on their word).

I don't give a rats ass about what anyone has to say about me or what I'm gonna say. I have been in contact with only 3 members of this board. I only told one of my INTENDED arrival date and he's a TRUE Southern Boy.

I arrived at the Sheriffs office on Monday 12:20pm (my time) after travel'n 1220 miles, weird huh? I have to say these are great guys to work with. A time was made to meet the next day and a Deputy would go with me. I did have to bring 3 of 6 young'ns with me, 3 year old twins a boy and a girl and a 1 year old girl. It was a great trip. I got a room and enjoyed my children. The next day started out rainy, I thought "Now ain't this great!" Went back to the Sheriffs office and spoke again with the Undersheriff. What a great guy, we talked about huntin and some other things. He told me the turkey there have been causin problems because there are "so many". I later found that to be true. Met with the Deputy and went on our way.

Got to the place, the Deputy went to the door and told him that I came to pick up my stuff. We were told it would be about an hour to gather it up. The rain slowed and then the clouds started breakin up. The Deputy waited about 30 minutes and had to leave. Boxes started to be pulled and placed at the steps. It was takin a while for April to gather the things so I started ask Da Gucc some questions and we started to talk about his shop. I asked to see his lathe and mill which he did show me along with his other various tools, enclosed blaster, press w/various jigs, stamping tools etc. He does have a large lathe and mill at his Grandpa's place right up the road. I did see alot of jobs that he was workin on. An hour went by and my kids were climbin out the window of the car. I left them inside the car because of it bein wet and muddy, anyone that has kids knows THAT is the first thing they find, the mud! We agreed to meet the next day. That would give them time to gather all my things and then we could go over them. I went back to the Sheriffs office and let them know, contacted KAG etc.

This time I went to Topeka to stay so I could let the young'ns go swimmin. I could have hunted a library, but I knew that I would not have a good time tryin to tell what I could and chase kids all over. Fortunatley(?) the hotel had a rip off internet machine.

The next day came, I went back there without the Deputy. This time I was able to gather the rest of my things. I did leave a few projects there because he was so close to finishin them and they did look good. We agreed on a date...now hold it...don't forget, I've been here before so I know... this time April was there and she said that "HE WILL" make those dates that were set. The list;

Preban Bwest 762x39 reciever that had the ejector rail changed to 5.56 and was just needed to be remarked. I prefer 7.62x39 but I love the 5.56 AKs.

Model A UZI reciever that needed repair and have the marks changed from "9mm para" to ".45 acp" HEEHEE!!

Preban Bulgy 5.56 Krinkov on a Norinco reciever w/scope rail. This one had the rail changed and was almost to the finish stage. I have to say that the rail changes he did were REALLY good, you can't tell they were changed out.

Preban AK101 clone from a Bulgy 5.56 AK74m1a1 parts set on a Norinco reciever.

Rivet barrel assembly to a Bwest reciever. Yeah I could have done it but what the hell.

I can't say this was a wasted trip. I retrieved ALL my parts and saw all my projects. I had thought many times that my parts were used to finish someone elses build. This wasn't the case. I recieved all my recievers and comfirmed my serial numbers along with all my parts still in the original boxes that they were sent in.

I'm some kinda tired right now so I'm goin to hit the hay. I will be very busy these next few days and won't be able to get online unless I am around a computer and have time. Gotta get caught up here.

Good luck with everyones projects!

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#40]
i know i will get beat up around here for saying this but....
Econfina,
 thank you for the reassurance, and the first hand,eye witness account. i have been getting very worried about my projects that gary has. now i just wish he would get our stuff done.
                later  jay
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#41]
man ya shoulda got some pics of gooch's place.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#42]
ecofina,

Can you give me/us some idea of how old GG is?

Is he a younger guy just getting started that got in over his head or is he like middle aged and searching for a new career?

From what you saw does it look like he can and does do all his own work?  Does he have a workshop that can kick out good work when he wants to?

Does he seem reasonably neat and organized or was the place a chaotic mess?

thanks

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cinci] [#43]
This is the opening line of an e-mail I received from GG about an hour after I posted the above.

I saw your flame, allegations, etc. that were posted on ar15.com.

I guess I didn't realize stating that my rifle was weeks overdue from the years overdue delivery date was flaming.  I guess I also didn't realize that asking questions to try and figure out why the hell mine and others rifles are over due and whether or not GG is a crook, a liar or just a poor unfortunate soul who needs our pity would also be considered a flame.

[Email removed. Please don't post private emails without the author's consent. -- GB]

( GG's entire e-mail to me that answered the above questions was posted here but at his request was removed shortly thereafter by the admin. I could repost parts of it here but really why bother?)

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#44]
"I don't give a rats ass about what anyone has to say about me or what I'm gonna say. I have been in contact with only 3 members of this board. I only told one of my INTENDED arrival date and he's a TRUE Southern Boy."

Heh heh - why thank you, Hector!  I'll take that as a compliment, even though I don't have a southern accent and don't really consider myself a Southern Boy - :)  But yes, I am true to my word and wouldn't have told a soul.

I should have gotten you to check on my project - it is almost 3 weeks overdue now and I haven't received any emails or contact from Gary about it.

Gary, if you are reading this board . . . . . .

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Under 35 explains a lot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wichkans] [#46]

I'm hopeful that ecofina after visiting has now at lest told the FACTS and that the people who have lied will be seen for what they are... liars.

What's soooooo crazy and literally insane is ..... will I get an apology for the lies that have been told by people who have an agenda??? Will people post corrections concerning the truth or facts?

Or what about the people who have knowingly lied about the above things.... I bet their actions are of course "okay" for some reason, right? :) Its okay to lie and make up things whenever.

GG

Can you believe this guy, if this is not the worse case of the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what it is.
This Knob has repeatedly lied and mislead people and he has the nerve to try and come off as the VICTIM!!!

Yes Gary people do have an "Agenda" it is to get there property back
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rw66] [#47]
Wow! I don't think I have ever been flamed before online - definitely not in an e-mail to someone else (at least not that I know about :) ). I don't think I ever accused Gary of "stealing" my parts but holding them back as retribution for me filing with the KAG. I did mention that it seemed like other folks claimed they were missing parts also.  

The FACT is my rifle was returned without the bolt carrier, bolt, gas piston and SAI compensator. There was no reason given, I e-mail Gary a polite e-mail. He apologized for not including a note, but gave no reason why the parts were not returned. I waited 10 days and e-mailed him again. He then claimed he had to have KAG approval before he could ship anything! So I called Mr. Howland at the KAG and asked him to give Gary permission to ship my parts - Mr. Howland didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Gary did not need permission from anyone to ship anything.

Then, a few weeks later April posted here and I took her up on her offer to send my parts - and she (and Gary) kept their promise and returned my parts with the exception of the compensator. I posted that info. both here and on the FALfiles. I also let the KAG know.

Gary states the compensators are being made and will be shipped shortly. When mine arrives, I will report here and let everyone know.  

As for Gary's work - The finish is very nice and I'm very happy with the way it looks. Now I await the comp. to complete my rifle.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#48]
ECOFINA,

A couple of questions.

1 Did he ever explain why he would not send people's stuff back when they asked?

2. How NEW or RECENTLY purchased did his equipment look to be?

3. Any Idea where he got the capital from to purchase this equipment?

4. How could you trust him to send you your stuff back when his track record is so poor?

Thanks for the information so far, it does tend to shine the light a little more on what the big picture is.

Thomas
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:37:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cinci] [#49]
This is part of GG's request to have the above post deleted.  I received it about an hour after it was posted.

A member of your board "Cinci" has deliberately posted a private email of mine without my consent. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=55825&page=4 I would appreciate it if it was removed immediately and action be taken as it has already been stated by ar15.com that posting personal email messages is against the rules

GG

Must have been pretty bad to want to have it removed from public view.

[Edited to remove private email. Please don't keep doing this as it makes more work on my end. -- GB]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:44:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bulletslap] [#50]
Sounds like good news for you Econfina, you were due for some good news after nearly three years of getting smoke blown up your ass by the likes of GG. I hope the Boy Wonder AK smith finishes up your projects soon.

If Econfina says Gucci Goo has equiptment and a shop then its true, you can take Econfina's word to the bank.

So Gucci Goo, I was wrong. You or your Grandpa do have a shop and tools. I know I didn't see a shop at your place. But you are still lied to me dozens of times, and conned me me on the "work" you did on my project, and you often turn out shit work. Like you did for me.
And if your not a thief where is my '74 bulgarian trunnion ?

I wouldn't piss in your ear if your brains were on fire. Thats what I think of you.

I hope Valmet was wrong and this is not the beginning of an effort to rehabilate GG's reputation underserveadly ( if GG earns it over a long period of time that would be ok), but time will tell I suppose.

BTW GG appears to be in his early thirties, for those who care.  
Page / 5
GG-SAI thread... (Page 2 of 5)
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top