Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2015 8:55:43 PM EDT
LGS has a Saiga with rear half conversion but the front half is untouched.

It comes with a few Tapco mags and is in excellent shape. I noticed however that there is no bullet guide installed. This gun shop doesn't allow test firing so I'm going to assume it won't cycle out of the mag until I fix this.

Is this costly to do?  Is it worth buying to try and finish the conversion?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Decide for yourself.  Saiga conversion tutorial here, including bullet guide install:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/152759_SAIGA_full_conversion_tutorial.html
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely do the bullet guide.  I installed mine myself and it was very easy to do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Its not hard. You can get everything you need in a kit from carolina shooter supply. Thats what I did on my s223 and everything went smoothly. Get good tap oil though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't break the tap. Having said that, I weld them in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It would depend on the price.
Your assumption about the Tapco mags not feeding without a bullet guide is correct.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]
a bullet guide is about 18 bucks, and comes with the guide, tap, bit, and hex wrench.
how much is this LGS saiga?

the BG is very easy to do.  when you thread the hole, turn 1/4 turn, back off, turn 1/4 back off, turn 1/4 etc until its done.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would depend on the price.
Your assumption about the Tapco mags not feeding without a bullet guide is correct.
View Quote

All depends on the price !
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top