Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2015 11:31:13 AM EDT
Traded into a WASR this weekend at gunshow. Front sight badly canted.....it cost the "seller" dearly.....Has anyone sent one back to Century to fix? Did they fix it? How long did it take? Anything else I need to know?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with sending it back for warranty work if you're not the first owner.  I ordered a brand new CETME from one of my wholesalers for my Father in Law and the cocking tube was all jacked up.  Called up Century to find out about sending it to them to square it away and they said it was out of warranty and that it started when it left their warehouse.  After a lengthy conversation with them and several colorful words they agreed to accept it.  It was a pretty quick turn around on it and they replaced all the internals with what looked like all new parts for free.  Why they replaced the internals I don't know but it worked out great.  I'd still give them a call and BS them that you just bought it from XYZ Gun Shop and see where it goes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You could try fixing it yourself -

http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/fsbcantfix.shtml

I'm not that handy with tools, I'd just take it to a gunsmith..
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could try fixing it yourself -

http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/fsbcantfix.shtml

I'm not that handy with tools, I'd just take it to a gunsmith..
View Quote

Your hotlink is fooked.

AK Cant Repair
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it first and see if it is on. My WASR 10/63 has a canted front sight, but it has been dead on out of the box. I've only shot it out to 250 yards with irons, but its right on. My advice is leave it if its on target, but if it really bugs you, give century a call or try and find a competent AK smith if you aren't comfortable using a mallet/hammer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it first and see if it is on. My WASR 10/63 has a canted front sight, but it has been dead on out of the box. I've only shot it out to 250 yards with irons, but its right on. My advice is leave it if its on target, but if it really bugs you, give century a call or try and find a competent AK smith if you aren't comfortable using a mallet/hammer.
View Quote

Everything he said is right. Try shooting it first. CAI gave me the run around with FSB cant in their AMD65 build I bought. I don't know if they even took it out of the box.

The cant got fixed at work with a hammer and aluminum jaws in a proper vice. It took longer to figure out how to hold it than to hit it.

There's a video on YouTube of a cute Russian girl touring the state factory in Russia, and she tours the assembly line assembling "her" Kalashnikov.
It features a male worker using an optical alignment guide and a fixture to adjust the cant of the FSB.  The workman placed the barreled receiver in the fixture where it was held, looked through the optic to measure the angular deviation from the rear sights to the FSB and used a fixed wrench to strike the FSB. It was a serious setup that I bet Century doesn't have.

I
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The odds are very high your rifle is already out of warranty(even if it was, they wouldn't help you since you aren't the original purchaser).
Watch some vids and fix it yourself aor pay a gunsmith to do it.

AFTER shooting it first.  It may end up shooting fine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried sending my WASR back for jamming issues and they never returned any of my emails. I ended having to deal with it myself so hopefully your rifle's cant is user fixable or you may be on your own.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top