Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2016 8:16:31 PM EDT
I'm having a resurgence with my MAK 90 I've had since 1989 and am getting back into shooting it.
Looking for some experiences from others on stock options. I put an old Chinese stock on my MAK90 to replace the original thumb hole, but its kinda beat up and the Length of Pull is too short.

What are some low cost options. I've looked at the Ironwood stocks, too much for me (its an AK after all).

I'm not afraid to drill, grind/sand and use  some filler . I've been looking at the KVAR Warsaw pact length plastic stocks. Would those be fairly easy to make fit.
I liked the Magpul MOE AK stock, but not sure if I would be able to make it fit.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm actually looking at the same options you are. Mak90 slant. It's a super smooth AK but needs the real AKM look. Might try to butcher up some AK furniture
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two options for you. I have a black polymer with cleaning kit trap in butt I am not using. IM me. The other much better option.
I put a Magpul Zhukov side folding stock on my Mak 90 and it freakin rocks. It was as simple as unscrewing the polymer one and screwing the Zhukov on. It works great and I really like it.

Yeah I saw the video where the guy froze the stock and then broke it while mortaring the action. Well fuck that, I dont mistreat my fuckin guns like he does. If they get water in them, they fucking get cleaned and dried out immediately. Only an idiot lets his fucking gun freeze.

But I digress. The Zhukov is a very nice stock and can be found for around $95 at Primary Arms. Do a bing search and you may find it for less.

ETA: Mine is a slant cut receiver as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two options for you. I have a black polymer with cleaning kit trap in butt I am not using. IM me. The other much better option.
I put a Magpul Zhukov side folding stock on my Mak 90 and it freakin rocks. It was as simple as unscrewing the polymer one and screwing the Zhukov on. It works great and I really like it.

Yeah I saw the video where the guy froze the stock and then broke it while mortaring the action. Well fuck that, I dont mistreat my fuckin guns like he does. If they get water in them, they fucking get cleaned and dried out immediately. Only an idiot lets his fucking gun freeze.

But I digress. The Zhukov is a very nice stock and can be found for around $95 at Primary Arms. Do a bing search and you may find it for less.

ETA: Mine is a slant cut receiver as well.
View Quote

IM sent, I was looking at the Magpul AK MOE and was tempted to pick one up on the EE but was not sure how easy it would be to modify it to fit.

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics of a zukov on a slant cut... Let see it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a m4 stock adaptor from desert fox sales on mine. Currently I have a bcm gunfighter stock on it. If you don't mind going more tactical/practical I'd suggest one of those adaptors. It's made specifically for a slant cut mak-90.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics of a zukov on a slant cut... Let see it.
View Quote

I will try to post some up tonight.

Found the archived thread from my post when I assembled the stock on the gun.
And no I dont need any changes to my riser/sight combo. As stated elsewhere, I can see my irons under the rds if needed, and BECAUSE I PRACTICE A F$*&^%$N LOT with the set-up I am very accurate and fast with it.
There is a small triangle opening on the side of the stock tenon where it goes into the receiver, but it is not open to the elements and is not a pathway for dirt or debris to enter the action. This rifle is one of my most frequently shot, and most fun for mag dumps and plinking, as well as for HD and general riflery.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1756605_My_Zhukov_arrived______with_PICS_.html

Hope the link works, if not just cut and paste it.

Apparently one cannot link to an archived thread????   Anyway do an archive search using "My Zhukov arrived" with 44-40pro as poster and the thread should open for you.??

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Slant cut =Ironwood Designs NATO length.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top