Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 5:27:23 PM EDT
I know these are rare, but one is going on GB for almost $3k! He claims new old stock, but no box or bayonet. Not mine, although it makes me want to sell! Search for Type 56-3, auction is still going.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost all of the Chinese AK's are going for big bucks now.

Hell Mak 90's are selling for $1000+ on gunbroker if in good shape and with a thumbhole stock on them.

I grabbed a unfired Polytech Legend underfolder in mint condition last week locally for a great deal,going to sit on it and watch the value go up

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Iv got a caught in transit mak that has the barrel threaded and the front fangs. Accepts the original bayonet which took me a year to find a chinese one in new condition to put on it. I picked the thing up for 500 bucks when i went to the local gun shop to watch the Russian AK's which had been banned the day earlier fly off the shelves. Nobody was even looking at the mak. It looked like it was brand new, when i took it home i did a cleaning, i didnt pull a dirty patch out of any crevice on the thing. It had never been fired.  The original importer was lined off on the receiver, from what i can tell and this is going by memory as i researched this quite a while ago, Mitchell arms was the original importer it was destined for. I guess they were going to have a line of chinese AK's they were going to offer. But the ban happened before they could get them in country.

Still bone stock except for the slant muzzle brake i put on it and the bayonet. I expect if i decided to sell it on gun broker it would bring 1200 or more though who can say, iv seen very few examples talked about on the web and its the only one like it iv ever seen, could be more. Gun broker is definitely the place to get the most for what you want to sell. I sold a Keltec sub 2000 for 1200 bucks on there once
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
i just looked at that auction, the tooling marks on the barrel look extremely fishy to me. Iv not seen a preban with a barrel like that, only the maks that were thrown together asap towards the end. Seems really fishy
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i just looked at that auction, the tooling marks on the barrel look extremely fishy to me. Iv not seen a preban with a barrel like that, only the maks that were thrown together asap towards the end. Seems really fishy
View Quote
Nope, they are fine, like mine.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_78/151300_My_Norinco_Type_56_3.html

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope, they are fine, like mine.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_78/151300_My_Norinco_Type_56_3.html
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/lugerman_album/Type%2056/barrelmark_zps975428c6.jpg

The machining lines are common,nothing out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I stand corrected
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Iv got a caught in transit mak that has the barrel threaded and the front fangs. Accepts the original bayonet which took me a year to find a chinese one in new condition to put on it. I picked the thing up for 500 bucks when i went to the local gun shop to watch the Russian AK's which had been banned the day earlier fly off the shelves. Nobody was even looking at the mak. It looked like it was brand new, when i took it home i did a cleaning, i didnt pull a dirty patch out of any crevice on the thing. It had never been fired.  The original importer was lined off on the receiver, from what i can tell and this is going by memory as i researched this quite a while ago, Mitchell arms was the original importer it was destined for. I guess they were going to have a line of chinese AK's they were going to offer. But the ban happened before they could get them in country.

Still bone stock except for the slant muzzle brake i put on it and the bayonet. I expect if i decided to sell it on gun broker it would bring 1200 or more though who can say, iv seen very few examples talked about on the web and its the only one like it iv ever seen, could be more. Gun broker is definitely the place to get the most for what you want to sell. I sold a Keltec sub 2000 for 1200 bucks on there once
View Quote

What type Bayo are you using? the 47 type that locks on the fangs, or did your mak's gas block lug survive the making it safer for the children process? Pics or it didn't happen
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
fang attach point    http://imgur.com/a/hRYj3
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 2:09:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Bulgarian type one bayonets fit on my line-out maks. I detest the machining marks left on some the chicom barrels..
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Bulgarian type one bayonets fit on my line-out maks. I detest the machining marks left on some the chicom barrels..
View Quote
Do remember they were only like $300 retail back then and we had no idea what a "nice" looking AK was. Hell even the Steyr Maadi's were cosmetically inferior to a Century Arms gun today.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Goes to show you how much the value of the dollar has fallen since then
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Goes to show you how much the value of the dollar has fallen since then
View Quote
I think there is another bad economy coming and people are still buying tangible goods as a hedge against inflation.

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top