Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2014 1:29:15 AM EDT
So I finally had the opportunity to pic up a Mak 90 and I jumped all over it. Was getting pretty annoyed with my mini 30 light striking hard primer 7.62 and seeing that I have a sh* t load of it I figure it was a good excuse to dump the mini and pick up a mak. I got it shipped to my FFL for $700 and given the state I am in I thought that was a pretty fair price.

Basic run down its a stamped slant cut receiver pretty clean and in a thumb hole stock. I have researched the crap out of the gun and hit all the basics, and of course the " what stock can I put on my slant cut" question. I am waiting to see what I can get a barely used set of IW furniture through a friend of a friend so that is covered. My issue is I am a big fan of the classic ak style but also a fan of the tactical style AK's I have seen. That being said I want to find something that gives me the option to interchange my ar stocks etc, I see it as the best of both worlds ha.

I know they won't fit but I refuse to even consider Tapco, ATI etc. I'm just not a fan of their fit and finish, just my personal opinion. Was wondering if anyone has attempted to use the Vltor ak buffer on a slant cut, if so did it work and would you recommend it. my first choice is the bone steel setup but it looks like they are on back order for a while.

Also saw this and was wondering if anyone has used it or heard anything about it.

http://www.desertfoxoutfitters.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=729

Also any guys who have made their own adapter feel free to chime in pls, or anyone who wants to sell their bone steel haha. I Do Not want to modify my receiver in anyway I.e. welding it or cutting rear tang. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont know much about modifying stocks to fit the slant cut recievers but if you are ever interested in (debanning/ making a 56 clone) adding a cleaning rod and a slant break let me know. I have done a few of them recently and have the tools necessary to do it. The parts needed can be had for cheap from Apex Gun parts, they are also a great resource for any parts you may need. You may want to check with CTHTF about modifying the stock to fit a slant cut, ALOT of the guys there are big into AK's and may have some ideas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That adapter should fit the bill nicely.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top