Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2014 11:23:29 PM EDT
Anyone ever seen this?  Is it a legit factory product?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=391506749

Link Posted: 2/20/2014 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's legit, Type 56-3 the 56S came later. Google it and you will find more info. Saw one sell for $1450 with no box on GB not long ago. I bought mine a few months ago at a local gun show for $750, like new but no box and only one mag.

Link to my gun thread here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_78/151300_My_Norinco_Type_56_3.html

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle and price you got it for!  Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What would be even more awesome about that rifle is if it came with the norinco bake light mags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What would be even more awesome about that rifle is if it came with the norinco bake light mags.

View Quote
Those only came with the side folders I believe. If you see pics of these they are all with regular steel mags.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]
its actually a good price!  when he first listed it he had 1600....couple days later raised it to 1650.   if i had money to burn and it was unfired...i would hit it!
also is has the rare little metal bayonette hook thingy...hard to find!   i really dont see many of the red 56's in the box!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently it was a "good enough" price, since somebody bought it.  Damn nice rifle, and I'm sure the new owner will be very happy with it.  A Type 56-3 is certainly on MY list as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one just like it, which I have been trying to get a positive ID on. I picked it up at auction some time back. It was identified only as a Chinese AK 47. The right side of the receiver has only S and C for the safe and fire positions. The left side is only marked with a serial number about 2000 under this one. The only other markings I can find anywhere, are the matching serial numbered internal parts, and the range designations on the rear sight. The import stamps are on both sides of the barrel, between the gas block and the front sight. They are extremely poorly stamped, and appear to be: "IA CO SAC CA", on the left side, and "NORINCO 7.62 MM CHINA" on the right. Mine is used, but still in nice condition. Nice to find another one similar.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is a good YouTube video about this rifle:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRDvrRyGk4I
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Very legit rifles. I picked mine up for $700 and still have it. Shoot it quite a bit, and love every minute of it.

Hard to go wrong with Chinese AKs.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top