User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
the smoothest, nicest trigger I have is my rifle with around 10k+ rounds through it. I have never bought into any of these aftermarket groups for anything other than 922r. I will wait for reviews though, not completely closed minded.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They'll dominate the AK trigger market with that.
View Quote

I seriously doubt that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I seriously doubt that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously doubt that.

For 20 bucks more than a Tapco?  I must be the only guy that hates Tapco triggers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For 20 bucks more than a Tapco?  I must be the only guy that hates Tapco triggers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously doubt that.

Well i'm sure you're not, but I believe you are in the minority based on a lot of empirical evidence. The AK is a far different beast than the AR, and so are the owners, they seldom jump en masse on a new product the way that a large portion of the AR crowd does just because somebody with a well known name makes something new. Kinda like Apple users vs. Linux users.

Not saying it might not be cool and work great, just disagreeing completely that they will "dominate" the market, Tapco probably has a 90% market share in aftermarket AK triggers, that's not gonna change radically any time soon.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
CMC will also be making a drop in AK trigger set.  I assume that they will have it at SHOT but do not know if that is the case.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously doubt that.

I don't think they will dominate.. as way too many AK guys are just incredibly cheap.  So many just browse around for the cheapest thing they can find that does works.

The guys who want something new and improved will jump on it, but the cheap types will just keep saying "who cares, its just an AK."

But I don't care for the tapco and am glad to see a new option entering the market.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't think they will dominate.. as way too many AK guys are just incredibly cheap.  So many just browse around for the cheapest thing they can find that does works.

The guys who want something new and improved will jump on it, but the cheap types will just keep saying "who cares, its just an AK."

But I don't care for the tapco and am glad to see a new option entering the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously doubt that.

This.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

because the G2 in most instances is just as nice as high end AR triggers.

no joke - all the AR shooters at the last TN HTF shoot were baffled by how nice the G2 was when they got behind the AK's - were shocked when I told em they are $30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there some quirk about the AK's trigger group that would stop someone like Giessele, CMC, Rock River, JP, Wilson Combat, Timney producing a "better" trigger ?

It seems like this is a massive void when it comes to aftermarket parts....

Heck even something like the ALG Defense would be great .

because the G2 in most instances is just as nice as high end AR triggers.

no joke - all the AR shooters at the last TN HTF shoot were baffled by how nice the G2 was when they got behind the AK's - were shocked when I told em they are $30.

Honestly the G2 is nothing to write home about. IMO
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#10]
G2's can be ground down and polished into a good combat rifle trigger but out of the box they are mediocre imo.  I'm looking forward to the ALG trigger, I expect it will beat the G2 and be reasonably priced.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top