Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2013 5:08:12 PM EDT
I have a Serbian Zastava AK with a black synthetic stock with a thumbhole.  Not the typical AK look, but ergonomically nice.  Anyone have any info on how I can change out the stock and pistol grip. I have read that many of the typical AK parts are not compatible with the Zastava.    Probably going back synthetic, but the stock with thumbhole just doesn't look right.  Thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Ace makes a Yugo adapter that allows you to use any of their stocks or any other stock that uses the same bolt pattern.  See it Here.

Standard Yugo butt stocks (M70, M72, M76) will bolt right up to your rifle as-is, no adapter required.

Any AK pistol grip will bolt to your rifle as well, no issues there.  You may or may not have to trim the inside of the grip around the grip nut depending on the grip in question.  Minor thing.

If you have a slant-cut receiver, it's up to you how you want to handle it.  It's an aesthetic issue, not a functional problem.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it an angle cut rear? If so, here is a link showing what I did with my Zastava M77PS .308 Win. As stated above, I went with the Ace Yugo mounting block, folding mechanism, and skeleton stock. If it is not angle cut, I would add an Iron Wood Designs Yugo wood set.

Ace Folder on .308 M77PS

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It's straight cut. Does that get me out if the woods?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's straight cut. Does that get me out if the woods?

Doesn't change your options (or the lack thereof).  Just means you don't have to deal with the slant.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top