Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:59:09 PM EDT
Here is a small review of this rifle. This is the one Atlantic Firearms sells HERE

Mine unfortunately had to be NEUTERED to comply with NJ law which means bayonet had to be removed and compensator had to be perm attached. Also any mags you see in these pictures are 15 rounders permanently blocked, not 30 rounders.

As it says:

"AK 74 Rifle POLY Waffen Werks 5.45 x 39 High Quality Semi Auto Rifle , These are Premium AK 74 rifles built using 100% new Bulgarian parts kits and required US parts. The rifles are beautifully finished with KG Gun cote . They are backed up by a 1 year factory warranty from Waffen Werks.

All NEW parts metal parts
New Chrome lined barrel
Bayonet lug
Removable AK74 Brake/ Flash hider
Beautiful KG Gun Cote finish
G2 Fire control
Side rail for scope mount
Comes with 1-30 round mag
Ships in padded rifle case for safe transit & storage
Military Surplus Poly stock set Plum or Black color , no choice of color rated excellent."

Quality: Bulgarian Matching parts kit on a NDS receiver. Everything is matching as it should be. Action is smoooooooth. There are no hangups at all. There is slight mag wobble but then again i havnt seen an AK that doesnt have that. Front sites are perfectly and has no cant at all. The gas tube lever was extremely tight and needed a wooden mallet to get all the way out. Im pretty sure it just needs to wear in because from the looks there werent many marks on the finish. Tapco G2 trigger is nice and smooth as always. Chrome lined barrel which i guess is US made

Finish: The finish of the rifle is fantastic. The Gun Cote finish is excellent and well done. Personally i think it is done better than most Arsenal and SGL rifles. Its a really durable finish and i dont see it wearing down anytime soon as well as any of my other rifles with this finish,

Furniture: It says it comes with Poly in either black or plum and you dont have a choice. I got the plum but at first look it looks black. My FFL even thought it was black until i pointed it out to him. Its a very dark plum and its alot darker than what you see in the pics. I believe it is Bulgarian furniture since its a Bulgy kit (no shit?)
The condition of it is pretty decent. It DOES have some cosmetic flaws as you can see in some of the pictures. There is a few dents and some very loooong scratches. It looks someone took a knife and make some slashes across the buttstock. Everything else is 100% thought. The blemishes on the other hand dont really stick out that well so its not that bad. I cant speak for the other stock sets on these rifles since i only have 1 so this could only be something you see on mine. Others might be better who knows.

It also comes in a hard case. It comes with 1 mag which is a ProMag

Overall i am satisfied once again from Atlantic Firearms. I used the layaway program on this one. Payed half one week and half the next. Literally within a few hours of me paying off the second half, they shipped it to my FFL. It arrived in less than 2 days.

Now here is the big question. Would i recommend one of these over an Arsenal? Absolutely

Also incase you are interested here is a review i did on my Polish UF by RJ HERE

Pics arent the greatest but:

And i replaced the Poly with this. I need to get a proper buttstock and PG for it thought. Ive been looking and no luck so far.

And of course my NEUTERED AK Family. All folders are fixed/pinned, n o bayo lugs and every muzzle brake is pinned. Magazine is 15 rounds, not 30

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice; very nice. Every time I see a new 74 posted here, makes me wish i had my SLR105 already out of the shop and in my hands (getting debanned and returned to SLR105A1 status).

Wish mine had the Plum furniture (mine is black), but is no biggie for me anyways.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
What' the middle underfder? Where did you get it and how is it pinned? I'd love to see more detailed pics!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your NJ incarceration. Been there, and done that in spades.

On the bright side, even though crippled by ignorant crybaby bureaucrats, your woodys look goodys.

Edit: Shame, shame, shame. Your new 74 needs a 74 butt stock. Oh the Horror
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What' the middle underfder? Where did you get it and how is it pinned? I'd love to see more detailed pics!

Its a Polish kit build by Red Jacket Firearms. I posted a link to the review i did on my first post above. I bought it from Atlantic Firearms and i believe its still listed on their page but they have been out of stock for a long time. Not sure when they are getting more, or if for that matter.

There are more detailed pics in the link i posted above. As far as pinning it goes, it looks like this

It was done by Sean at CDI Custom in Chalfont PA. He does all my work. That pin is next to impossible to get out. The swivel is blocking any access to tools to might use to pull it out and even then the pin is extremely tight in there. Shit is not coming out anytime soon. Perfect job imo

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry for your NJ incarceration. Been there, and done that in spades.

On the bright side, even though crippled by ignorant crybaby bureaucrats, your woodys look goodys.

Edit: Shame, shame, shame. Your new 74 needs a 74 butt stock. Oh the Horror

Yeah i know, ive had an Ad up for a while now and had no hits. The one on there now is actually a refiished Romanian buttstock that happens to match a little
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
looks good. Sell me the UF!
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
yet another entry on a long list of weapons I'd own if it wouldn't result in my balls getting chopped off in my sleep when the mrs. saw the credit card bill.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yet another entry on a long list of weapons I'd own if it wouldn't result in my balls getting chopped off in my sleep when the mrs. saw the credit card bill.....

lol sorry i had to. You should own a separate checking account or something and save up and use that. Just gotta hide it

Link Posted: 8/15/2011 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__Spgzbuk4ME/TJvcTYzLGxI/AAAAAAAAABg/OL8VecHBoKU/s1600/manup.jpg

lol sorry i had to. You should own a separate checking account or something and save up and use that. Just gotta hide it

Like all petty dictators I have hidden slush funds, but I have too many covert ops to fund

But she who controls the poonanny controls the universe
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__Spgzbuk4ME/TJvcTYzLGxI/AAAAAAAAABg/OL8VecHBoKU/s1600/manup.jpg

Like all petty dictators I have hidden slush funds, but I have too many covert ops to fund

But she who controls the poonanny controls the universe

truth
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The Waffen 74 looks like a nice rifle, better than many kit guns I see floating around. I want to get a few more 74's but have yet to buy a kit built rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:14:31 AM EDT
[#12]

I've got a Plum Waffen Werks...sitting at my FFL right now.  They open in 2 hours, and I'm going to be there when they open!  Not real thrilled about the mag being a Pro Mag though. I was under the impression I was getting a Bulgarian mag.

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I got mine.  I didn't get mine from Atlantic Arms, but from another seller.  Mine did come with a Bulgarian "slab side" mag.  Some wear, but no where near what that OP has.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#14]
The rifle looks sweet.  WW has a good reputation.  I'm still waiting for some high round count reviews on these US made barrels though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The rifle looks sweet. WW has a good reputation. I'm still waiting for some high round count reviews on these US made barrels though.

I wouldn't wait too long.  The guy I bought mine from said there will probably be another price hike coming up shortly.  He already swiped my credit card, so he had no reason to lie.  Take it for what its worth, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:43:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Any interest in getting rid of the stock set you removed?
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes i am, throw me a reasonable offer
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

upon second review I see that it's a plum set, I'm looking for black.  Sorry to waste your time

nice rifle by the way
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

upon second review I see that it's a plum set, I'm looking for black.  Sorry to waste your time

nice rifle by the way

not a problem, thanks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top