Page / 189
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your patient and astute, you can get a very nice seekins lower for $130. Or if you just wait 3 more months lowers will be $90 again. I refuse to pay $200 for a lower.

Just come in here and check on this thread in the mornings between 9:00-11:00 AM thats when most shit gets put up. but check it periodically through the day youll get a deal eventually. Took me about a week to finally get a smokin deal on the $130 seekins lower. (smokin for todays market)

100% agree.  DSGARMS is where the $130 Seekins deal usually happens.  You can input your email and they will notify you when they come back in stock.  That's how I got the 2 I ordered this week.

That's how a get a Seekins a couple days ago from DSG. Their email notification is quick, I got the email while on the shitter. Finished up and still got the order in!

i didn't pull the pin on the DSG seekins deal and had one in the cart twice.  i am looking for a gopd .308 lower and didn't want to get another lower.  if they come back i'm sure i won't be able to hold off a second time.  on that note anyone know what a good .308 lower went for pre panic?

You can still get in on the .308 lower from Shadow Ops pre-order. They only have 40 slots left though. They will ship by April according to the site. They are really good about keeping things posted on their Facebook page.

i have that page open in a tab on my computer.  i like the look of it but have been kinda stalking it.  i have some time on that one so i keep watching it.  anyone know any good or bad about the shadow pops?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Why did the other thread get locked?????   /sarcasm off
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Never bought a lower from them but they were a pleasure to deal with on mounts and rings.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It said because of whining.  I think some people being idiots over reviews and off topic posts.  They seemed to have an issue with scrolling
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Fyi
When I talked to swfa they had 120 people on backorder for billet lowers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Anyone know if they charge when you order or when it ships?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It said because of whining.  I think some people being idiots over reviews and off topic posts.  They seemed to have an issue with scrolling

I don't mind the comments between links, at least it's something to read between refreshes usually good information is provided by contributors about the quality of the lower and info about stores that don't have a live inventory.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Never bought a lower from them but they were a pleasure to deal with on mounts and rings.

Those Billet lowers are freaking Gorgeous. This will be my next lower, far far in the future.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I DO

I placed my back order on 1/13/ with SWFA.
It has not be fulfilled yet. I am order #2191XX

So im sorry to say there is a line way ahead of you.
Between the 1/13 and now maybe 3 dozen have poped up else where for sale.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No they do not. Not a cent till it ships, and they will most likely call you first if it has been greater than 30 days tho.
My experience with back orders is this.

If the order was 30 days or more ago. They need to call you to get the back 3 digits of your card again. To re-authorize your card.
That was my experience with my Mega Maten 308 yesterday.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Seekins forged lowers are going in and out of stock on Rainier, stay frosty.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3446

$179.95
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#14]
oos already
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think there was trash talking about a couple paid sponsors.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to tell since the last comment was cryptic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$179.95

Any insight on why I never get the notifications I asked for when items come in stock?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$179.95

Any insight on why I never get the notifications I asked for when items come in stock?

I'd imagine they sell out before the mail server has time to process the full notification list.  They were up for less than a few minutes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$179.95

I'd imagine they sell out before the mail server has time to process the full notification list.  They were up for less than a few minutes.

I also believe that unless they get a certain number in stock, they don't send out a notification because it won't matter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$179.95

I also believe that unless they get a certain number in stock, they don't send out a notification because it won't matter.

Both make sense thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you read the first post on this thread it should give you an idea of why the last one was closed.

Now something on topic, anyone seen any YHM lowers anywhere?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Keep in mind that you're in a technical forum, not a general discussion forum. Slasher isn't gonna allow much slack for non-technical discussion.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you read the first post on this thread it should give you an idea of why the last one was closed.

Now something on topic, anyone seen any YHM lowers anywhere?

Last place for YHM was JoeBobOutfitters.  I snagged one and it is NICE.  Great finish.  I snagged a Seekins from Rainiers the same or next day and it's finish is so so...........has some blemishes on it. I would jump on another YHM w/o hesitation.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got a Seekins lower from Rainier arms. Dont rely on their email notification, they will be sold out by the time you get there. Use a page moniter on your chrome browser. They have been going in and out of stock today so stay on it and you could get lucky!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Anybody notice that Rainier adjusted the price on their Branded Forged Lower today??  It was and has been $159 but now is showing $179, could be that they are going to be putting them up soon????
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anybody notice that Rainier adjusted the price on their Branded Forged Lower today??  It was and has been $159 but now is showing $179, could be that they are going to be putting them up soon????

Just saw that, kinda surprising. It looks like their complete lower is all gone now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saw that, kinda surprising. It looks like their complete lower is all gone now.

Noticed that also, usually when sites start changing prices or adding things to their site that means something is about go in stock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Good observation.  I noticed their "Zombie lower" is still at $135 though.  I wonder if there is any difference in the lowers besides roll marks.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#29]
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3402  

Looks like they are in stock for 195. Still too rich for me though
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quick question on the Seekins billets:  How does the ambi work? Do you need a special parts kit? Will my CMMG LPK work in it, basically, is the question.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quick question on the Seekins billets:  How does the ambi work? Do you need a special parts kit? Will my CMMG LPK work in it, basically, is the question.....

It comes with it's own ambi bolt catch. It's pretty cleverly done.  The rest of your LPK will work fine on the Seekins Billet kit, but you'll need to trim one of the springs.

Edit to add: You can also use an aftermarket extended bolt catch like I did on my Seekins - This one is a Phase 5. The stock ambi feature still works, as well as the Phase 5

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#32]
This is my first post, and thanks to everyone for the information.
To anyone who does not mind having the "pistol" on their lower, JSE just shipped my Mega lower today. I ordered it yesterday. It states that it is out of stock on their website, but I just followed the examples given by some of the other posts in the locked thread..

It should be in Alaska by the middle of next week..
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To anyone who does not mind having the "pistol" on their lower, JSE just shipped my Mega lower today. I ordered it yesterday. It states that it is out of stock on their website, but I just followed the examples given by some of the other posts in the locked thread..

How did you get one ?  Ive had a forge and a billet one on backorder since early Jan.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It comes with it's own ambi bolt catch. It's pretty cleverly done.  The rest of your LPK will work fine on the Seekins Billet kit, but you'll need to trim one of the springs.    

Edit to add: You can also use an aftermarket extended bolt catch like I did on my Seekins - This one is a Phase 5. The stock ambi feature still works, as well as the Phase 5

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Thanks for the info. I like the Phase 5 extension, been on my "parts" list for a while....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did you get one ?  Ive had a forge and a billet one on backorder since early Jan.

pistol or rifle forged lower? -- pistol lowers are the ones thats been shipping (although they are perfectly fine for rifles)
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#37]
It was the pistol..but its going into a complete rifle..

As far as I can tell, the only difference is the roll mark, but I am complete noob on builds..
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It was the pistol..but its going into a complete rifle..

As far as I can tell, the only difference is the roll mark, but I am complete noob on builds..

yes your correct my question was really towards DarkKnightWong -- should of edited out your quote (i hate the way it does that with quoting all and not just the one im replying too) -- reason i asked him is cause if his order was for rifle or non pistol mark then thats why he is still waiting
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I missed his post when I saw yours..

Hopefully, I should have a shooter by the middle of March, now all I have to wait is the weather to clear up a bit..so much snow I can't get to the shooting range..
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also backordered the 'regular' forged Mega earlier in Feb. No movement there, but placed backorder for 2 Mega pistol lowers two days ago. They're shipping today.
Mega forged 'Pistol'
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#42]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329792607

seekins forged Buy it Now $249  

6 in stock... not a great price but not terrible for the times, prices seem to be creeping back down on gunbroker
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also backordered the 'regular' forged Mega earlier in Feb. No movement there, but placed backorder for 2 Mega pistol lowers two days ago. They're shipping today.
Mega forged 'Pistol'

So you just place the order as if you were going to back order it, and it ships the next day?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mega forged 'Pistol'[/quote]

Are the pistol lowers only compatible with pistol uppers?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Seekins Forger lower order on February 12th was shipped out today. Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone else that ordered.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Are the pistol lowers only compatible with pistol uppers?

WTF is a "pistol upper?"
If its milspec and the lower is milspec, the two will mate.
For the 20th time in this thread (which is the wrong place to ask the question), it does not matter what the lower is marked if you want to build a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Woot!! Just got the shipping notice from Rainier Arms for the Mega billet lower that I purchased on Feb 12th! They are really on the ball getting the product to your door!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2124

Rainier Arms forged lowers in stock!

nm you got it active
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone know if Daniel Defense lowers ever come up?
Page / 189
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top