Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 1:24:47 AM EDT
I'm not at a point where NVG or other Nod will be purchased soon, but I do want a laser for quick closer range targets and would like to combine with white light. Is there anything similar that doesn't have the monster bezel on it like the Raptar Lite ES. Even if it were more of a navigation light than bright white, incase I chose to go with a dedicated light. The closest thing I find is sightmark combo but haven't seen enough solid reviews of it to commit though the price is hard to beat
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO you should run a separate white light to your LAM. Under NODs it's a good idea to have the ability to have your IR light/laser to come on at the same time while also having white light available on the fly should your lighting needs change in a dynamic scenario. IR and white light can be used for identifying, navigation, searching, blinding etc, so be sure they can be manipulated with either hand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm not at a point where NVG or other Nod will be purchased soon, but I do want a laser for quick closer range targets and would like to combine with white light. Is there anything similar that doesn't have the monster bezel on it like the Raptar Lite ES. Even if it were more of a navigation light than bright white, incase I chose to go with a dedicated light. The closest thing I find is sightmark combo but haven't seen enough solid reviews of it to commit though the price is hard to beat
View Quote

Holosun has several listed on their website, good luck finding one IRL.

ETA: insight, Surefire and Streamlight all make laser/white light combo packages.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: insight, Surefire and Streamlight all make laser/white light combo packages.
View Quote
Holosun looks like a Chinese owned company.  The grammar on their website looks like it was run through a crappy translator.  That reminds me of a crappy product I bought once from a company with poor English translating skills.  Not saying this one is bad.  

I would also like something similar to the Wilcox Raptar Lite ES, but without the half second delay.  And I would like to buy American.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holosun looks like a Chinese owned company.  The grammar on their website looks like it was run through a crappy translator.  That reminds me of a crappy product I bought once from a company with poor English translating skills.  Not saying this one is bad.  

I would also like something similar to the Wilcox Raptar Lite ES, but without the half second delay.  And I would like to buy American.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@spunk2
I can't blame you for wanting that.

You're going to have to wait for the DBAL A4 ($1600) to drop.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/478216_Press-Release-Steiner-DBAL-A4.html

ETA: OP was discussing Sightmark... Holosun looks like a BEMyers MWAL (quality wise) relative to any Sightmark product.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Raptar sucks.

There is a delay from the time you press the button to activate whatever it is you want to activate, and it actually coming on.

Pass, it a piece of shit.

DBAL A3 and a scout light.  TAPS if you're fancy, push button's if you're a minimalist like myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Raptar sucks. SNIP
View Quote
Disagree, been using one for a few years for hog and coyote hunting, really like it. Delay IRL is not noticable for 4 legged hunting. I wish the white light was brighter. Now jumping out of the A-Team van in front of twin peaks... that's a different story...
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Disagree, been using one for a few years for hog and coyote hunting, really like it. Delay IRL is not noticable for 4 legged hunting. I wish the white light was brighter. Now jumping out of the A-Team van in front of twin peaks... that's a different story...
View Quote
Well I like you far more than I dislike the Raptar so I guess there is that, and no comment about the latter half of your comment

The white light head it comes with is the M300B equivalent if I recall, maybe even the M300A.  Great news is if you can track down an M300C head, it will bolt right on and help with the lower lumen issue.  Overall quality is great, but the delay always bothered me.  I found the DBAL A3 to work better for me, but I also love green vis lasers
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I like you far more than I dislike the Raptar so I guess there is that, and no comment about the latter half of your comment

The white light head it comes with is the M300B equivalent if I recall, maybe even the M300A.  Great news is if you can track down an M300C head, it will bolt right on and help with the lower lumen issue.  Overall quality is great, but the delay always bothered me.  I found the DBAL A3 to work better for me, but I also love green vis lasers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if one of the Malkoff LED heads would work with the RAPTAR?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe look for an EOTech/Insight/L3 WL1-AA weapon light with the visible laser option?  It can be run white light only, laser only, or combo.  Tape switch activated, both momentary on, full on and strobe.  QD Picatinny mount.  Small, lightweight.  Only 150 lumens, though, so best for indoor or close range use.  Laser is not IR. Visible red.

Discontinued, but may find one in EE or other used sources or vendor close out of new in inventory.  Originally about $400, but I've seen new under $200 and used for less.

On my tactical 12 gauge:

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@spunk2
I can't blame you for wanting that.

You're going to have to wait for the DBAL A4 ($1600) to drop.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/478216_Press-Release-Steiner-DBAL-A4.html

ETA: OP was discussing Sightmark... Holosun looks like a BEMyers MWAL (quality wise) relative to any Sightmark product.
View Quote
@lilMAC25

Sweet.  Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top