Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2017 12:14:22 PM EDT
I think I have talked myself into buying a laser for my AR.  I know there are many options out there but I'm a buy once cry once kind of guy.  I think I saw some high speed guys with this Steiner on their rifles, so it must work right?
Steiner
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you considering buying night vision at a later date? If so look into a DBAL D2 or a APTIAL-C. If you want a laser only OTAL-C is a good choice for the money, but you have to either use a pressure pad or rotary knob.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think I have talked myself into buying a laser for my AR.  I know there are many options out there but I'm a buy once cry once kind of guy.  I think I saw some high speed guys with this Steiner on their rifles, so it must work right?
Steiner
View Quote

Do you have NODs?
What is your budget?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have NODs?
What is your budget?
View Quote

I'm interested in this also.  Thinking of buying an OTAL or DBAL (cuz i want it not really cuz i need it).  might add NV down the road for hunting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm interested in this also.  Thinking of buying an OTAL or DBAL (cuz i want it not really cuz i need it).  might add NV down the road for hunting.
View Quote

The minimum to fill your needs is a DBAL I2 IR/VIS laser although with NODs a DBAL I2 (9007) IR laser and IR Illuminator is a better option for NV. IMHO a visible laser is mainly useful when it's co aligned with a IR laser for sighting in. You might want to consider either a DBAL D2, A2, or APTIAL-C
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The minimum to fill your needs is a DBAL I2 IR/VIS laser although with NODs a DBAL I2 (9007) IR laser and IR Illuminator is a better option for NV. IMHO a visible laser is mainly useful when it's co aligned with a IR laser for sighting in. You might want to consider either a DBAL D2, A2, or APTIAL-C
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CQBL (buy it on sale) and your IR Illuminator of choice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Agreed: Steiner CQBL-1 for visible/IR laser co-aligned & an additional IR illuminator/white light combo. Buy once, cry once. However, it is less expensive than most DBALs. If you are really into quality and don't give a  you know what about price, check out the new B.E. Meyers MAWL-C1+ IR / Visible Laser at $2500.00 Now that will cover all your needs for some time.

Take a look at the Inforce WMLX white/IR Gen 2, for illumination (IR/Whitel ight). I have Streamlight TLR-2s and Surefire 952V, Surefire 720V and the Inforce WMLx white/IR Gen 2 unit. The Inforce WMLx white/IR Gen 2 model has many pro's
going for it with the improved Generation 2 model.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Agreed: Steiner CQBL-1 for visible/IR laser co-aligned & an additional IR illuminator/white light combo. Buy once, cry once. However, it is less expensive than most DBALs. If you are really into quality and don't give a  you know what about price, check out the new B.E. Meyers MAWL-C1+ IR / Visible Laser at $2500.00 Now that will cover all your needs for some time.

Take a look at the Inforce WMLX white/IR Gen 2, for illumination (IR/Whitel ight). I have Streamlight TLR-2s and Surefire 952V, Surefire 720V and the Inforce WMLx white/IR Gen 2 unit. The Inforce WMLx white/IR Gen 2 model has many pro's
View Quote

IIRC the MAWL is LE/MIL only, so it's not available  to most.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MAWL-C1+ is the civilian version. Just released (and shipping) last week.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/475258_New-BE-Meyers-MAWL-Class-1---PLUS--RELEASED---Reviews-and-Videos.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_209/282288_NEW-B-E--Meyers-MAWL-C1-.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the civilian model. Hence, the "C" designation in the model number: MAWL-C1+ IR / Visible Laser.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
B.E. Meyer MAWL C1+ if you have $2500
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#11]
OP

if you want a  red laser don't waste your money

If you want a green I like the TLR-2G

If you need an ir NVD laser get the DBAL

budget will define your choice. prices go from $280-$2300
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top