BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 4:45:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a little more expensive than the cree lights you wanted. But streamlight polytacs hold up well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm wanting to add lights to 3 rifles (5.56, 9mm, .22).

I have a TLR-4 on another rifle and I love it, but I don't want to drop ~$350 on 3 lights for rifles that won't see much hard just. I just want to make sure they have a light on them.

I'll take the weight/size penalty.

I'm wanting to maybe use 1" scope rings to mount them and I have a bunch of 18650's so it would be preferable if they took those batteries.

Any cheap chineese CREE-like lights that have simple an On/Off button with no strobe/dim? All I can find is lights with too many features.

Thanks!
View Quote

Thishttp://amzn.to/2beNFGO might work for you.  Simple on\of, Cree bulb, comes with mount
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Streamlight polytac for sure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm liking the NightStick 300 Tac. Comes with a forward clicky and remote pressure pad tailcap, 1" ring for a picatinny rail and batteries. The beam is nice and average in spill/throw and the emitter color isn't garish either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a TLR-4 on another rifle and I love it, but I don't want to drop ~$350 on 3 lights for rifles that won't see much hard just. I just want to make sure they have a light on them.

I'm wanting to maybe use 1" scope rings to mount them and I have a bunch of 18650's so it would be preferable if they took those batteries.

Any cheap chineese CREE-like lights that have simple an On/Off button with no strobe/dim? All I can find is lights with too many features.

Thanks!
View Quote

I ended up going with Surefire G2X tactical lights based off of Mrgunsngear's advice on this forum. It was a good decision. 51$ shipped per light on amazon. 350 lumens I believe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the 2 Polytac suggestions.

I have dozens of 3500mah 18650's. Looks like Polytac will be the ticket!
View Quote

Last I heard the Polytac doesn't fit 18650.  You might want to confirm before you order them if you ONLY want to power them using your existing lithium ions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I ended up going with Surefire G2X tactical lights based off of Mrgunsngear's advice on this forum. It was a good decision. 51$ shipped per light on amazon. 350 lumens I believe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The Night Evolution Surefire M300 copies are good lights. Solid enough, good waterproofing. Glass lens. The clicky tailcaps are reverse clicky, and retrofitting a forward clicky switch is more trouble than its worth, Pair it with a real Surefire pressure switch (they fit a slight loose, a new O-ring in the tailcap might help) and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]

I say don't add lights honestly every gun you own does not need a light in 9 years active duty army nearly monthly force on force training I learned playing with lights gets you killed quick

they are toys the only time I ever needed one was searching closets and water tanks  in Baghdad in 03 in 9 years that is a pretty limited window.

now night vision whole different game
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Streamlight TLR1S for $89.99 at PA.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I say don't add lights honestly every gun you own does not need a light in 9 years active duty army nearly monthly force on force training I learned playing with lights gets you killed quick

they are toys the only time I ever needed one was searching closets and water tanks  in Baghdad in 03 in 9 years that is a pretty limited window.

now night vision whole different game
View Quote

Were you using night vision the entire time?  

Most people using guns for self/home defense need lights on them for good reason.  You might be able to keep NODs by your bedside for that bump in the night, but out and around town (date night, late night grocery store run, coming home from a concert on public transit or walking back to your car in a dark parking lot) NODs aren't exactly convenient or socially acceptable.  Not to mention the cost of a flashlight is 2% of the cost of NODs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Solarforce L2, 26 dollars a piece, ships from Taiwan but I have used them for years, both weapon mounted (on ARs and shotguns) and handheld and never had a failure. The one I am carrying today has got to be 5 years old, well worn but still works 100%.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like the Solarforce lights. I've had a L2 mounted on my AR for 6 or 7 years and it's great. I don't know how many lumes it is but if you shine it in someones eyes at 15" in broad daylight it will make you see spots for a while. In the dark the strobe will freak out anyone you point it at.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#17]
ProTac rail mount 2. You can find 'um for right at $100.

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=346
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top