Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2014 11:32:41 PM EDT
Gents,

I am looking to add the final piece to my home defense rifle. That missing component is a weapon mounted light. I am running a Spikes lower, a PSA upper with 5.56 chamber 1/7 chrome lined cold hammer forged M/P inspected govt profile barrel and mid-length gas system. The rifle  currently sports a Magpul CTR stock, mil spec buffer tube, Magpul ambi sling plate, Magpul sling, Magpul MOE pistol grip, Magpul enhanced trigger guard, Magpul rear BUIS, KNS anti walk trigger pins, Anderson Mfg LPK, T marked flat top upper, AIM surplus M16 bolt carrier with chrome lined gas key and HP/MPI bolt, Magpul MOE hand guards, a Primary Arms Md-06 micro red dot, and a standard A2 birdcage FH.
 I am wanting to add something to the existing MOE hand guards with a section of rail added to them on the left side with a pressure switch on the opposite side to activate it. I would like to keep cost as low as possible while still getting a decent quality light. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm saving up for this one

they also make a mount so you can use a light of your choice

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out primary arms their lights are reasonably priced and as far as budget items go I think they offer some of the best stuff on the market in that category. I've never used their lights but I researched them a little when I was in the market for one. They also have a few other lights you can take a look at and compare prices to decide what's in your budget. Most will recommend surefire but they're way to expensive IMO unless you use your rifle for duty use or have money to burn. Lots of options fish around. Lots of nice mounts. Elzetta makes a cool mount that attaches to your FSB at the 6 position if you want to free up rail space.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You can find a Surefire G2X Tacitcal for $50 on Amazon.  For a mount, I like the IWC on your Magpul handguards but there are lots of options for around $50.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a G2X Tactical stuffed into an https://www.arsonmachine.com/product/m-lok-light-mount-2/]Arson Machine MOE mount.  Works great.  I put the MOE VFG on it and use it as a hand stop more or less and run the light on the shooter's left in the 11 o'clock position.  Works perfectly for me.  Tucks the light into the front sight really tight.  I am not a big fan of tape switches so this is my preferred set up.  That said, if you are wanting a pressure switch, the G2X doesn't have a pressure switch compatible tail cap.  I know Manticore Arms just released a 1 cell, 320 lumen light with both a clicky and a tape switch tail cap and its like $40.  Not a bad option if you are looking for a small light with a tape switch.  If weight is not a concern, the old Surefire M951's can be had for under $100 bucks usually and you can tape switch those.  But you would also want to get a 300-400lumen LED drop in for it as well and by the time you are done you will probably be at 2x the weight of a regular light.  Overall, if I were you, unless you absolutely have to have a tapeswitch set up, I would just run the light at 11o'clock with a push button switch with a hand stop, a VFG or an AFG.  Its a cleaner, simpler and less complicated solution IMO.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That mount plus a P2X Fury looks like just the thing.
I like my WMLX but really prefer the Surefire mechanical pushbutton switching.

ETA: Nevermind, it says lights with  up to an 1.25" bezel and the Fury lights are larger than that.
ETA #2: They said it is good to go with a Fury.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can find a Surefire G2X Tacitcal for $50 on Amazon.  For a mount, I like the IWC on your Magpul handguards but there are lots of options for around $50.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Inforce WMLx (500 lumens) on the Magpul MOE cantilever rail:

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Inforce WMLx (500 lumens) on the Magpul MOE cantilever rail:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tomac/media/P9220007.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/P9220007.jpg</a>
Tomac
View Quote

Thank you all for the responses and input. I believe I will be grabbing one of these. Looks like a nice light for the money.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top