BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Checking the mail so I can do a .458" SOCOM test.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Longziz:
Looks like not many people have updates of their test results recently, while I am not standing still in this.

I have heard some mis-hap from various tester, along with more positive results of course. We found out that the sample we sent you guys are still not perfect, so we went along and did some teak of the magazines, and the new results are promising.

Here is the sand test result I did today for 7.62X39 with Wolf WPA ammo! Yes, right, Sand TEST, 7.62X39, bare magazine, weaker spring!

https://youtu.be/1Sh4xbSOUVA
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#3]
No issues with 5.45x39 so far.  I've used the mag in 16", 10.5", and 7.5" guns.

ETA:  A pic of the 10.5" gun...

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:58:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SC-Texas] [#4]
Okay.  Had this for a awhile,  kids work, etc.

Went to the range today.

Ran 400 or more rounds from the unimaginable on my m16 and Adams arms 10.5" upper

ZERO malfunction.

It inserts, fully loaded with a closed bolt with an appropriate amount of force.

It held the bolt back on the last round every time.

This is a short video.  The long video will be out next week.

And another one . . .at 56 if you don't like the watches

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#5]
I had a malfunction with 5.45x39 today.  This was on, I believe, the 14th cycle of the mag.  Nose down failure to feed on the third shot from the fully loaded mag (29rds).  That said, I paid no attention to how I loaded the mag and this may have occured just because of that.  Loading 5.45 into any mag requires a little attention as they feed best when you make sure they're all sitting all the way toward the rear of the mag.  Other than this one incident, no other issues.  Locks back reliably so far even on configurations that I know are pushing bolt carrier velocity too high.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't forgotten about you. Just been really busy with a job change and a new baby girl being delivered tomorrow or Friday. I will be getting to the range as soon as I can and will review my mag with 7.62X39 and 5.56.

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Wessinger03r6:
I haven't forgotten about you. Just been really busy with a job change and a new baby girl being delivered tomorrow or Friday. I will be getting to the range as soon as I can and will review my mag with 7.62X39 and 5.56.

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Dave
View Quote

Congratulations! No hurry, take you time!

Jing
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
I had a malfunction with 5.45x39 today.  This was on, I believe, the 14th cycle of the mag.  Nose down failure to feed on the third shot from the fully loaded mag (29rds).  That said, I paid no attention to how I loaded the mag and this may have occured just because of that.  Loading 5.45 into any mag requires a little attention as they feed best when you make sure they're all sitting all the way toward the rear of the mag.  Other than this one incident, no other issues.  Locks back reliably so far even on configurations that I know are pushing bolt carrier velocity too high.
View Quote

Yeh, I always tap the mag on the back just to make sure.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#9]
After cleaning the house today I noticed the box with magazine.  No idea how long it has been here.  I'll bring it out next weekend and will provide a review.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
the rain has finally stopped here in Texas, Ill try to get out to give it a test asap.  the ranch I shoot at has been flooded, but will post results when i get a chance to test it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Redraider1:  the rain has finally stopped here in Texas, Ill try to get out to give it a test asap.  the ranch I shoot at has been flooded, but will post results when i get a chance to test it.
View Quote

Totally post pics of you in your snorkel shooting it underwater.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#12]
My apologies if I missed this, but any chance of a 10 or 20 round magazine for shooting prone?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#13]
So here is the quick and dirty. This mag has been tested against around 12-14 different cartridges with an average of 200rnds from each. We have had no hick-ups yet but didn't get the upgraded spring. This thing is especially fun with the 7.62x39! I would love to see a larger cap mag that can get most of the cartridges to 30rnd load cap excluding the big bores.

This has been all with factory loaded ammo. We were wondering what max COAL this mag was designed for so this way we could whip up some hand loads and load some long and see how it does. Either way, very impressed with the magazine! Extremely awesome and well done!
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Finally able to post a range report for 5.45x39.  Went out to a friend's property today and put 10 magazines, loaded to 29 rounds each through a S&W 15R, with no malfunctions at all.  Fully loaded magazine was able to insert and lock in on both an open bolt, and a closed bolt.  No feeding problems at all, during slow fire and rapid fire both.  No ejection issues, no problems with the bolt locking open, and no problems dropping free after use.  I think I remember you suggesting 27 rounds be loaded, but I was able to load 29 each time, and wanted to see if those extra 2 rounds would cause any problems, and they did not.

Completely worked 100% in my 5.45x39 gun, with 3 different types of 5.45 ammunition.

I've also been lax in reporting that I have used it for 223/5.56 and 300 blackout previously, but since it's an AR mag, I figured reporting it as 100% in those conditions was kind of anti-climatic.

I have noticed the finish is showing some discoloration, from the bottom area of the magazine, and also on the baseplate.  I will try to get some pictures when it's daylight again and post them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:14:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longziz] [#15]
Originally Posted By Cag40Navy:
So here is the quick and dirty. This mag has been tested against around 12-14 different cartridges with an average of 200rnds from each. We have had no hick-ups yet but didn't get the upgraded spring. This thing is especially fun with the 7.62x39! I would love to see a larger cap mag that can get most of the cartridges to 30rnd load cap excluding the big bores.

This has been all with factory loaded ammo. We were wondering what max COAL this mag was designed for so this way we could whip up some hand loads and load some long and see how it does. Either way, very impressed with the magazine! Extremely awesome and well done!
View Quote

Thanks and great to hear, can't wait to see the picture or video, if you do have them. The OAL you should be able to achieve is 2.31" at least, with possibility of going to 2.32". Try it and let me know!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CA_TX-Cop:
Finally able to post a range report for 5.45x39.  Went out to a friend's property today and put 10 magazines, loaded to 29 rounds each through a S&W 15R, with no malfunctions at all.  Fully loaded magazine was able to insert and lock in on both an open bolt, and a closed bolt.  No feeding problems at all, during slow fire and rapid fire both.  No ejection issues, no problems with the bolt locking open, and no problems dropping free after use.  I think I remember you suggesting 27 rounds be loaded, but I was able to load 29 each time, and wanted to see if those extra 2 rounds would cause any problems, and they did not.

Completely worked 100% in my 5.45x39 gun, with 3 different types of 5.45 ammunition.

I've also been lax in reporting that I have used it for 223/5.56 and 300 blackout previously, but since it's an AR mag, I figured reporting it as 100% in those conditions was kind of anti-climatic.

I have noticed the finish is showing some discoloration, from the bottom area of the magazine, and also on the baseplate.  I will try to get some pictures when it's daylight again and post them.
View Quote

Can you post a picture of showing the discoloration? The QPQ processing suppose to have hardness that is greater than the blade of knife, but I have found that extremely high heat can discolor it.

Thanks,

Jing
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Can you post a picture of showing the discoloration? The QPQ processing suppose to have hardness that is greater than the blade of knife, but I have found that extremely high heat can discolor it.

Thanks,

Jing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
<SNIP>.

Thanks,

Jing

I didn't get to before I left town for a couple of days, but I will be back in a few and will try and get some good pictures.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]

I didn't get to before I left town for a couple of days, but I will be back in a few and will try and get some good pictures.
View Quote

What I think might happened is that is not a discoloration at all. The coating is very tough and it most likely abrade something off from the stuff it made contact. You can wipe it off from magazine it will be new again. However, since this batch has the "two tone" effect, I am not sure the rough part of it is the same as the smoother one does.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
How long do you think it will be, before these get mass produced and put on the market?  Kind of anxious, based on all these reports, to get my hands  on a bulks supply.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jdimitri:
How long do you think it will be, before these get mass produced and put on the market?  Kind of anxious, based on all these reports, to get my hands  on a bulks supply.  
View Quote

We are about to release this magazine in a week or two. It will be first able to be ordered from our company website only, and we are looking for retailers and distributors. Right now marketing people is still busy to get the web store function running, looking at the first week of July for pre-order information.

Best,

Jing
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mak91:
Looks like 4 rounds is about max on the Beowulf after that the rounds start tilting up allowing the bolt to ride over the rim and hit the round past the base and jam. A few pictures to show what is going on.  The right mag is a .223 mag, the center mag is a Alexander Arms Beowulf mag.  http://my-stuff.us/mag-beowulf-issue-2.jpg

and a side view. http://my-stuff.us/mag-beowulf-issue-1.jpg
View Quote

I finally got some 50 Beowulf ammo but still no 50 Beowulf upper. It looks to me that I can put in 10 rounds of the ammo from AA before it tilted like in your picture. Somehow the 458 Socom have similar base case as 50 Beowulf but the performance are quite different.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay, here are the pics of the discoloration on the mags.  I've tried wiping it off, and using an oily rag on it, but the color is still different.  I could try some oil and steel wool, but there is no roughness to the discoloration, it feels the same, just looks different.  I was also able today to put another 200-300 rounds through it full auto of 5.56.  Ammo used was Federal M193 ball.  You can see a video sample of just running a 30 round mag on full auto.  Excuse the shooting stance as I don't normally run a full mag, it's normally 2-3 round bursts with movement in between, so I had to adjust to the full mag.

The one thing that was a negative today, was when another shooter was loading the mag, he has a tendency to tilt the mag forward, with the bullets facing downwards at a 45 degree angle, and when he would load more rounds than 3, the 3rd round down into the mag would have tension released on it and would slide forward in the magazine, preventing him from loading another round after it because the bullet tip would come out farther than the front of the mag.  I don't load mags that way, so I didn't discover the problem myself, I normally load them level to the ground, or with the bullet tip actually pointing up at about a 15-25 degree angle.

Okay, I'm having trouble getting the video to upload, so I'll just post the pics for now.  But the magazine worked fantastic with full-auto and 5.56.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Had problems yesterday with a brand new 16" 5.56 upper. The first round from open bolt loaded ok, but subsequent rounds would get hung up.  Previously it had run fine in my 11.5" SBR, but this new upper cycles much softer than the short one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longziz] [#24]
Okay, here are the pics of the discoloration on the mags.  I've tried wiping it off, and using an oily rag on it, but the color is still different.  I could try some oil and steel wool, but there is no roughness to the discoloration, it feels the same, just looks different.  I was also able today to put another 200-300 rounds through it full auto of 5.56.  Ammo used was Federal M193 ball.  You can see a video sample of just running a 30 round mag on full auto.  Excuse the shooting stance as I don't normally run a full mag, it's normally 2-3 round bursts with movement in between, so I had to adjust to the full mag.

The one thing that was a negative today, was when another shooter was loading the mag, he has a tendency to tilt the mag forward, with the bullets facing downwards at a 45 degree angle, and when he would load more rounds than 3, the 3rd round down into the mag would have tension released on it and would slide forward in the magazine, preventing him from loading another round after it because the bullet tip would come out farther than the front of the mag.  I don't load mags that way, so I didn't discover the problem myself, I normally load them level to the ground, or with the bullet tip actually pointing up at about a 15-25 degree angle.

Okay, I'm having trouble getting the video to upload, so I'll just post the pics for now.  But the magazine worked fantastic with full-auto and 5.56.

<a href="http://s463.photobucket.com/user/TXCop/media/81F1BD3B-0715-40B1-808A-CCD2B4CB1B98_zpsu6mxtcgf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/TXCop/81F1BD3B-0715-40B1-808A-CCD2B4CB1B98_zpsu6mxtcgf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s463.photobucket.com/user/TXCop/media/364DE85E-B155-4823-B40A-33DD884DE2A3_zpsyc0l2b1p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/TXCop/364DE85E-B155-4823-B40A-33DD884DE2A3_zpsyc0l2b1p.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s463.photobucket.com/user/TXCop/media/CC7141E1-C685-4C59-AFD3-EC5BFA31C60E_zps7hkiyffb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/TXCop/CC7141E1-C685-4C59-AFD3-EC5BFA31C60E_zps7hkiyffb.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s463.photobucket.com/user/TXCop/media/7BDD51E0-32B5-4DE1-90B8-4C54E70D54A6_zpsz8bxr7ra.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/TXCop/7BDD51E0-32B5-4DE1-90B8-4C54E70D54A6_zpsz8bxr7ra.jpg</a>

View Quote

Don't do it. This is not a de-coloration, it is a coating defect of this batch, which I stated in my post a few pages back. The actual surface should be like the shiny one. The second/third round slide out is also not a defect, but an inherent "feature" of this design, unfortunately. Load the mag level, or use a finger to stop the round in the front, are the necessary "evil" of loading this mag. I have this covered on my instruction video as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay, good to know you are already aware of the round dropping out.  Like I said, I hadn't had it happen to me, but then my friend loaded the mag and he loads differently, so I figured I would report back on it anyway.

I haven't been able to make the mag fail in .223/5.56, 300blk, or 5.45x39, so as far as I'm concerned you have a winner.

I haven't been able to scare up a 6.8spc or a 7.62x39 yet, but if I do, I will test those calibers and get back to you as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I had surgery last week and am laid up for another 3 weeks.  Once I'm off crutches I'll get a report back to you on how 6 BRX performs.  Initial playing around with it looks good so far.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#27]

I finally got some 50 Beowulf ammo but still no 50 Beowulf upper. It looks to me that I can put in 10 rounds of the ammo from AA before it tilted like in your picture. Somehow the 458 Socom have similar base case as 50 Beowulf but the performance are quite different.
View All Quotes
Looks like 4 rounds is about max on the Beowulf after that the rounds start tilting up allowing the bolt to ride over the rim and hit the round past the base and jam. A few pictures to show what is going on.  The right mag is a .223 mag, the center mag is a Alexander Arms Beowulf mag.  http://my-stuff.us/mag-beowulf-issue-2.jpg

If you can get 10 rounds of Beowulf in the mag without them tilting then I must have a bad mag. I've had nothing but issues not only with the Beowulf but with all rounds of any caliber. The only rounds that I got to feed well were .223 and 300 Blkout and that was only after downloading the mag to 26 rounds. Loaded more than that and rounds would not strip from a open bolt when hitting the bolt release. Even with .223 I had rounds fly out of the mag and ended up with rounds missing in the stack meaning round 2 from the top flew out and left round 1 and 3 double stacked on the same side.I've watched your vid on how to load them multiple times, If the mags are truly this hard to load properly with run of the mill .223 I'd never consider them for purchase.   With the 7.62x25 I ended up with rounds coming out of the mag low and pushed into the receiver just low of the feed ramps. I even had one nose dive into the front of the mag leaving it between the tip of the remaining bullets and the front wall of the mag bullet tip facing down. I finally gave up and decided to wait to see what others experience with the mag before reporting the issues I've had. I've run mostly g i mags with the calibers I have some going back nearly 20 years without seeing some of these issues. Since no one else is really reporting serious issues I can only conclude that there must be issues with my mag or I should give up shooting
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#28]

If you can get 10 rounds of Beowulf in the mag without them tilting then I must have a bad mag. I've had nothing but issues not only with the Beowulf but with all rounds of any caliber. The only rounds that I got to feed well were .223 and 300 Blkout and that was only after downloading the mag to 26 rounds. Loaded more than that and rounds would not strip from a open bolt when hitting the bolt release. Even with .223 I had rounds fly out of the mag and ended up with rounds missing in the stack meaning round 2 from the top flew out and left round 1 and 3 double stacked on the same side.I've watched your vid on how to load them multiple times, If the mags are truly this hard to load properly with run of the mill .223 I'd never consider them for purchase.   With the 7.62x25 I ended up with rounds coming out of the mag low and pushed into the receiver just low of the feed ramps. I even had one nose dive into the front of the mag leaving it between the tip of the remaining bullets and the front wall of the mag bullet tip facing down. I finally gave up and decided to wait to see what others experience with the mag before reporting the issues I've had. I've run mostly g i mags with the calibers I have some going back nearly 20 years without seeing some of these issues. Since no one else is really reporting serious issues I can only conclude that there must be issues with my mag or I should give up shooting
View All Quotes

There are quite some changes applied to the mag since I mailed them to you and getting the feedback. One of which is that I managed to use less strong spring so the mag is not that difficult to load. This might be the reason the current one I think I can hold 10 of 50 Beowulf. Since I don't have the upper, it may be different in a cycling condition, so the actual count might be 9 or 8. The 7.62X25 issue is because the round is too short, especially the case. I am not sure if it is riding on the ridge of the two grooves on the mag or it may under the mid groove. Combining other possible reason that I don't want to reveal on the internet, your problem with 7.62X25 is not strange to us, we have seen it before. I can send you another one once the next batch is ready.

Thanks again for spending time and ammo testing for us. I appreciate!

Jing
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
I had surgery last week and am laid up for another 3 weeks.  Once I'm off crutches I'll get a report back to you on how 6 BRX performs.  Initial playing around with it looks good so far.
View Quote

No worries! Take your time and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Jing
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:30:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mak91] [#30]

There are quite some changes applied to the mag since I mailed them to you and getting the feedback. One of which is that I managed to use less strong spring so the mag is not that difficult to load. This might be the reason the current one I think I can hold 10 of 50 Beowulf. Since I don't have the upper, it may be different in a cycling condition, so the actual count might be 9 or 8. The 7.62X25 issue is because the round is too short, especially the case. I am not sure if it is riding on the ridge of the two grooves on the mag or it may under the mid groove. Combining other possible reason that I don't want to reveal on the internet, your problem with 7.62X25 is not strange to us, we have seen it before. I can send you another one once the next batch is ready.

Jing
View All Quotes

Jing

Jing, I'd be glad to test a second mag. Also if you like I can send this one back to you for analysis.

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Had the opportunity to use this magazine with my .223 and 6.5 grendel today.  With the 223 I had no issues.  With the 6.5 grendel the magazine was hard to seat and I experience 2 fail to feeds with the 20 rounds I tested.  I would have tested a bit more with the grendel but didn't really see the point.  I took video of loading the magazine and firing.  I'll need to upload the video to youtube and post them.  I'll do it in the next few days.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:44:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: radian23] [#32]
Posted a video on youtube http://youtu.be/nekAb4pypTo

If someone wants to embed it that would be great.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#33]
Originally Posted By radian23:
Posted a video on youtube http://youtu.be/nekAb4pypTo
If someone wants to embed it that would be great.  

View Quote

ETA:  Fixed
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Forgot to click publish.  Should be live now.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#35]
So this is one mag that can be used with multi caliberz? Where can I get one. I'm building a 7.62x39 right now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AASG:
So this is one mag that can be used with multi caliberz? Where can I get one. I'm building a 7.62x39 right now.
View Quote

We are going to start pre-order soon. Please stay tuned the update on our website.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally got to the range this morning to try the unimag and barely got through one mag in the Sig 556 using Wolf 223 before the bottom fell out and it started pouring. What I can tell you is this the rounds do not sit in the mag correctly.
They are canted to one side and the second round below the first can fall out if the mag is tipped forward. I also had a bolt over round malfunction about every 8 or 9th round. This rifle has been flawless with everything from Pmags to Lancers.
Hopefully I can get to the range next week and try some 300 Black and 7.62X39 through it I will report back my findings when i do.Included a pic of the UniMag next to a Pmag to show what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By uniquesnd:
Finally got to the range this morning to try the unimag and barely got through one mag in the Sig 556 using Wolf 223 before the bottom fell out and it started pouring. What I can tell you is this the rounds do not sit in the mag correctly.
They are canted to one side and the second round below the first can fall out if the mag is tipped forward. I also had a bolt over round malfunction about every 8 or 9th round. This rifle has been flawless with everything from Pmags to Lancers.
Hopefully I can get to the range next week and try some 300 Black and 7.62X39 through it I will report back my findings when i do.Included a pic of the UniMag next to a Pmag to show what I am talking about.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/tgp8282/Mobile%20Uploads/4671F99E-0424-4F24-8D95-ABF4EB1B48FA.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the report. Actually it is known failure to us with the sig 556xi riffle. The time that we seems to be "idle" is used to solve all these issues. The new sample will be out in a week. Since you have a Sig 556xi, I can send you a new sample to be tried with it. Do you happen to have a 7.62X39 Sig as well? The second round fall out issue is also known, as I described in my previous video, it is an inherit inconvenience that when you load the mag, you need to point the mag upward somehow that the round would not slip out during loading.

I don't quite get the "bottom fell out and it started pouring" part, are you saying the bottom plate can not be retained in your case? Are any of the four lip on the bottom that holds the bottom plate bent or what?

Thanks,

Jing
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:35:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uniquesnd] [#40]

Thanks for the report. Actually it is known failure to us with the sig 556xi riffle. The time that we seems to be "idle" is used to solve all these issues. The new sample will be out in a week. Since you have a Sig 556xi, I can send you a new sample to be tried with it. Do you happen to have a 7.62X39 Sig as well? The second round fall out issue is also known, as I described in my previous video, it is an inherit inconvenience that when you load the mag, you need to point the mag upward somehow that the round would not slip out during loading.

I don't quite get the "bottom fell out and it started pouring" part, are you saying the bottom plate can not be retained in your case? Are any of the four lip on the bottom that holds the bottom plate bent or what?

Thanks,

Jing
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uniquesnd:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/tgp8282/Mobile%20Uploads/4671F99E-0424-4F24-8D95-ABF4EB1B48FA.jpg

Thanks,

Jing

I brought my Sig 556 with me as well as my SBR with a 7,5" 7.62X39 a 8" 300 Blackout and a 10.5" 5.56 upper and planned on shooting suppressed and unsuppressed with all the uppers and the Sig.
As i drove to the range which is 15 minutes away the weather started looking bad and I barely had time to unload everything and fire one mag before it started raining really hard. I plan on trying to go
back next weekend with these same rifles and uppers and finishing my testing suppressed and unsuppressed I will post the results asap. Let me know on the second gen mag and I will get it tested in the Sig.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, I got an update. We have continued testing the mag and gotten into reloads. We kept all rounds within SAAMI spec length and mag length. Anyways, we encounters some problems with the spring being tough and some FTF's. The FTF's were at least 1 per cartridge with the exceptions being .300BO, 5.56, and .277WLV. The most any mag had would be 3 and we did double check that the ammo was within spec. We also did some more testing with factory ammo and found that the results were the same except the most FTF's per mag were 2 so we suspect we might have has a longer bullet on some reloads to make that number higher than with factory ammo. Now only and average of about 1 out of 4 mags would experience a FTF or multiple FTF's through the many cartridges. Thought from reading the thread, most of the problems encountered are exactly as has been here In thread as well so there is nothing new to report. The only thing we could see that may be the problem is the stiffness in the spring but im not a engineer yet so I am not for sure. Hope this helps Longziz!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, I got an update. We have continued testing the mag and gotten into reloads. We kept all rounds within SAAMI spec length and mag length. Anyways, we encounters some problems with the spring being tough and some FTF's. The FTF's were at least 1 per cartridge with the exceptions being .300BO, 5.56, and .277WLV. The most any mag had would be 3 and we did double check that the ammo was within spec. We also did some more testing with factory ammo and found that the results were the same except the most FTF's per mag were 2 so we suspect we might have has a longer bullet on some reloads to make that number higher than with factory ammo. Now only and average of about 1 out of 4 mags would experience a FTF or multiple FTF's through the many cartridges. Thought from reading the thread, most of the problems encountered are exactly as has been here In thread as well so there is nothing new to report. The only thing we could see that may be the problem is the stiffness in the spring but im not a engineer yet so I am not for sure. Hope this helps Longziz!
View Quote

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you have a lot of calibers, right? Can you list the failure with the caliber you tested? For FTF, is it double feed or any other type?

Thanks again!

Jing
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I loaned my mag to a friend who has a 7.62x39 upper.  He ran several mags through and reported it ran fine with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:09:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#44]
Anyone fired 6.8 through one of these mags yet?
If you didn't get a volunteer for that caliber,  I'll do it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
View Quote

There are a lot of 6.8 reviewer. I had similar post here:

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?53275-Introducing-Unimag-(TM)-Calling-for-volunteer-tester
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you have a lot of calibers, right? Can you list the failure with the caliber you tested? For FTF, is it double feed or any other type?

Thanks again!

Jing
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Thanks again!

Jing

Yea. I think we have the source of the issue. Will post back when we are done today.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#47]

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?53275-Introducing-Unimag-(TM)-Calling-for-volunteer-tester
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 50cal:

Thanks. Will read the reviews there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:36:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Just to let you guys know that the new sample would come out in a week, and we are accepting pre-order through our company website, looking for ETA in a month. I hope by doing this the site would grant us an "industrial member" status.

Cheers,

Jing
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Just to let you guys know that the new sample would come out in a week, and we are accepting pre-order through our company website, looking for ETA in a month. I hope by doing this the site would grant us an "industrial member" status.

Cheers,

Jing
View Quote

Just an update for the new sample.

The new sample came in last Friday, our batch testing has revealed an anomaly with the shell that related to manufacturing process, which cause it not perform the way its prototype has promised us. We will resolve the matter and get back to you as soon as possible. We regret this happened and we greatly appreciate your patience with us. This may affect the ETA of pre-order as well. We will post progress as soon as we have something to update.

Thanks,

Jing
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top