User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Just found this web chatter from 2010 mentioning that Magpul discontinued Foliage Green. Back then. I'm beginning to wonder if this is true. All the colors seem pretty plentiful still. Clever marketing ploy or ?
LINK
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just found this web chatter from 2010 mentioning that Magpul discontinued Foliage Green. Back then. I'm beginning to wonder if this is true. All the colors seem pretty plentiful still. Clever marketing ploy or ?
LINK
View Quote

Considering magpul said the following (not a direct quote)....

Currently Gen 3 Mags are ONLY made in Black.

All Mag SKU's being made in various colors will cease production after December.

No plans to add Gen 3 Mags to Colored options.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I always use black anyhow.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My Daniel Defense rifles don't like M3 PMAGs. They won't drop free. So I am confined to Gen 1 straight PMAGs for 20 rounders. Plus they look a whole lot better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you guys like straight-bodied 20s? Anti-tilt followers are the bees-knees.

My Daniel Defense rifles don't like M3 PMAGs. They won't drop free. So I am confined to Gen 1 straight PMAGs for 20 rounders. Plus they look a whole lot better.

My DPMS and Palmetto blem lowers won't let M3 mags drop free either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ehh, i buy mags based on their quality not color.  There is always cerakotekrylon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Man that sucks.  I just got an ar in 556 and wanted fde for night vision hunting.   Oh well
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
A few weeks ago a site was selling the FDE's for $7.99 apiece. I snagged half a dozen.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
One of Magpul's distributors has over 66,000 G2 non window and over 30,000 G2 window, both in FDE.

There's plenty available.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am dissappointed to hear that DSG would have no problems shipping them if your were LE though
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh well.  I just got a call back from DGS Arms.  My order for the Magpul mags has to be cancelled to a banned state.  They were asking for my LE #.  Unfortunately, I told them that I am not LE.  But would they accept military.  My request was in vain.  So, my order has been withdrawn.

BTW, Quantico Tactical online sells the Magpuls way cheaper.  I think 10 for $90 for windowless.  And they have Foliage Green.  Again, I still cannot purchase from them.

I feel like you should have known this before placing the order...

I am dissappointed to hear that DSG would have no problems shipping them if your were LE though

I agree. If manufacturers would hold politicians feet to the fire by denying LEO's in ban states access to the same weapons and mags they deny to civilians, maybe some of these stupid laws could be repealed or never passed to begin with. Even if they have access to 30 round mags for work, they should not be able buy them privately.

I am a big fan of the colored Pmags, hopefully they bring them back in the M3 line eventually, especially in grey. That would be a cool color for a build. I know, it is all cosmetics but how else am I going to dress up all my bARbies for boys? I have 6 of 'em, 7 if you count the PLR, I need to be able to tell them apart somehow!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
That would be an issue for the legislators of the individual area.  If the law states they can only be sold to LE/MIL/GOV agencies, that's the only ones they'll sell it to.  Likewise, if individual LE/MIL/GOV personnel are allowed to purchase them, they'll sell to them.  There are a few companies like LaRue who won't sell to agencies or individuals in restricted areas, but there are very few.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I only have a few pmags,all black, and mostly use metal mags or lancers so I have no real dog in this fight but it was nice to see a mfg offer a few different colors.

I do find it funny that people are having a melt down over this though, I was at a gun show and overheard two guys talking about it and the one guy had a meltdown and looked like he could cry. He was bitching that he had to get new colored stocks and stuff since it won't match his mags and when his friend said he could rattle can them he responded that it would ruin them and they wouldn't be the same.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top