Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I can promise that none of you know the inner workings of Magpul better than...Magpul.

They arent dumb.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Generally commenting.

Something I always appreciate is a "be real" review of a product, regardless of what it is.

No matter if you/they/whoever they are got suckered into reviewing/buying/trying it or not.

Just cut to the chase and give a straight up answer. If the product is shit, flush it!

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Generally commenting.

Something I always appreciate is a "be real" review of a product, regardless of what it is.
No matter if you/they/whoever they are got suckered into reviewing/buying/trying it or not.

Just cut to the chase and give a straight up answer. If the product is shit, flush it!  
View Quote

I have no idea what this means.

MagPul Magazines are a good product.
They have simply announced that they are discontinuing the folage green products and replacing with a new grey color.

As for the magazines...   they are doing a Henry Ford.
"You can whatever color you want.... so long as it's black."

I believe this idea may be subject to change.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They have simply announced that they are discontinuing the folage green products and replacing with a new grey color.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Generally commenting.

I think he was referring to the HK mags and the poster on page 4 who bought one and hated it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think he was referring to the HK mags and the poster on page 4 who bought one and hated it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Generally commenting.

Thanks
Don't know why I assumed he was talking about PMags in this thread....
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
so do we have any concrete or not evidence that the colored pmags are more brittle or prone to issues than the black ones?
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh I prefer the AWM anyway. Even more since I was told by magpul they can't ship a 20 round replacement mag to Maryland because you can cram a 21st round into it making it illegal....This way before then ban to 10 rounds BTW.

I love magpul for my other AR-15 parts though so I don't hate them at all. The M-3 seems to be solid I like mine. I still love my straight 20s for looks though...
The way I see it is, L5-AWM for colored mags and Magpul m3 for black IMO. I will always prefer colored mags because it saves me the time of painting them

I don't know if its a good idea or not Magpul colored mags are always first to go IMO.
Good luck I hope it doesn't prove to be a mistake.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:05:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well... this thread just made me add a set of 10 FDE mags to my last order.
View Quote

Yeah I just ordered a few more the other day because of this thread. Wifes not impressed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
where are the gray mags.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
where are the gray mags.
View Quote

I think I read somewhere that they will not produce gray mags
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where are the gray mags.

No gray mags
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
where are the gray mags.
View Quote

Get black mags and ceracoat.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems like a clever marketing plot to me.
View Quote

so should we be expecting them to come out with new magpul followed by classic magpul after people get outraged?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:30:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Meh.  I'm but a sample of one, but it wasn't at all a clever marketing ploy with regard to folks like myself.  I wanted FDE Gen 3s with windows.  I got tired of waiting, so I'm rocking Lancers now.  I was worried about "moving on", but I'm quite happy now.LOL

I wish Magpul luck, but I still think it's a dumb idea.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because of this news, I ordered a few more colored PMAGS as well.

However, it appears to me that the colored PMAGS will be available for a long time to come. For example, one vendor I saw with real time inventory status has all the colored mags listed in the tens of thousands. Thats only one vendor. On top of that, Magpul said colored Gen 2s will be in production until the end of the year.

I could be wrong, but even with an uptake in panic buying, it may be a while before supply is exhausted.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

However, it appears to me that the colored PMAGS will be available for a long time to come. For example, one vendor I saw with real time inventory status has all the colored mags listed in the tens of thousands. Thats only one vendor. On top of that, Magpul said colored Gen 2s will be in production until the end of the year.

I could be wrong, but even with an uptake in panic buying, it may be a while before supply is exhausted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I'm not worried at all. Ill rattle can those fuckers if need be.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
9.99 where the heck are you getting PMAGS
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

DSG Arms has a 10 pack for $99.95
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually paid 10.35 per for M2 non windows a couple weeks ago from midway, but i think that sale is over with. PSA still has the 25%off pmags.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I actually paid 10.35 per for M2 non windows a couple weeks ago from midway, but i think that sale is over with. PSA still has the 25%off pmags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You overpaid by $2.00
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also placed my order.  Hopefully they deliver to a banned state.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You overpaid by $2.00
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You overpaid by $2.00

I only ordered a few, not even a 10 pack, so no, i didnt overpay. If i would have paid that much and ordered more than 10, then yes you are right. I know you can get 10 packs of these for around 80 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh well.  I just got a call back from DGS Arms.  My order for the Magpul mags has to be cancelled to a banned state.  They were asking for my LE #.  Unfortunately, I told them that I am not LE.  But would they accept military.  My request was in vain.  So, my order has been withdrawn.

BTW, Quantico Tactical online sells the Magpuls way cheaper.  I think 10 for $90 for windowless.  And they have Foliage Green.  Again, I still cannot purchase from them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh well.  I just got a call back from DGS Arms.  My order for the Magpul mags has to be cancelled to a banned state.  They were asking for my LE #.  Unfortunately, I told them that I am not LE.  But would they accept military.  My request was in vain.  So, my order has been withdrawn.

BTW, Quantico Tactical online sells the Magpuls way cheaper.  I think 10 for $90 for windowless.  And they have Foliage Green.  Again, I still cannot purchase from them.
View Quote

I feel like you should have known this before placing the order...
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. Why would you even waste their time?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

The Derp in this runs strong grasshopper.   Why in the fuck would you ask them to do something which is clearly illegal for them to do?  And after wasting their time, actually come here and post about how they wouldn't do it?  What in the hell did you think they'd say?

Holy shit man.  You live in California for fuck's sake.  Either move, fight, or quiesce to your overlords, but don't expect a lawful retailer of legal products to break the law in such a blatant manner for you (just for the hell of it).

I'd tell you what you ought to do, but it may be a violation of CoC. <Edited...........dpmmn>

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope your joking
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Ouch!  I just got flamed and burned.  And deservingly so.  Thank you sir.  Could I have another one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad you missed DSGs Memorial Day and Fathers Day sales @ $79.95/10  Personally I don't care about the color, but I do have some FGs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
all i want are some damn FDE 20 rnd pmags
View Quote

This for sure I can not find any anywhere and I ahve been looking for over a year now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This for sure I can not find any anywhere and I ahve been looking for over a year now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're now the unicorn of mags, some think they exist but nowhere to be seen...
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They're now the unicorn of mags, some think they exist but nowhere to be seen...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just want some straight body 20's instead of those half assed curved one they make now
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I just want some straight body 20's instead of those half assed curved one they make now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grabbed some last year for $15 each in black and ODG.

Haven't seen them in FDE for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#37]
DSG had the last known fde 20 rounders way back in december 2012 or january 2013 - I grabbed two - shoulda, woulda, coulda grabbed 100's
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a few, wish I had bought more when I could.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one each in FDE, OD, and Foliage, and 4-5 in black. I would love to find some more, especially FDE, as they are great for shooting from a bench or prone, or for storing the weapon with a mag where a 30-round mag is too big.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I liked the multiple colors.  I have some of each.  I have different brands/weights of ammo and like having the colors.

I won't lose any sleep, but I would have preferred they keep them.  I see the business decision, though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Straight bodied 20 rounders are now two generations out. Good luck finding any of them in any color anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Why do you guys like straight-bodied 20s? Anti-tilt followers are the bees-knees.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why do you guys like straight-bodied 20s? Anti-tilt followers are the bees-knees.
View Quote

My Daniel Defense rifles don't like M3 PMAGs. They won't drop free. So I am confined to Gen 1 straight PMAGs for 20 rounders. Plus they look a whole lot better.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, this news shouldn't surprise me. It's just about par for the course as far as my luck is concerned.
Just when I start thinking "Hey, you know that foliage green is kinda genius as a cross between grey and od green. I bet that would work well in a variety of urban and rural environments. I think I'll start buying that color."
Boom! No more foliage green bitches!
I am really surprised it is such a poor seller for them. But oh well, there's always paint.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am dissappointed to hear that DSG would have no problems shipping them if your were LE though
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am dissappointed to hear that DSG would have no problems shipping them if your were LE though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  LEO's are not the one that make up the stupid laws.  It's a business for them, not politics.  They do a lot of business with different dept.. that would be bad business to deny one just because they are from a ban state.

Any case that sucks that color PMAGs are going to be gone.  I've always heard that 80-90% of the sales are black magazines.  Also I've seen color magazines have cracked feedlips from usage.  My friend who use to make the cut PMAGs had told us that when he cut the colored ones, it would go through like butter when compared to the black ones.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I personally dislike the over insertion stop they put on the M3's and think it wasn't necessary and just causes compatibility issues with other platforms(and some AR lowers) for no reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
probably tired of MOE outselling the M3s which I think are a step backwards...

You are most likely the only one to think that

I have seen more than a few people who prefer the MOE over the Gen 3.

I personally dislike the over insertion stop they put on the M3's and think it wasn't necessary and just causes compatibility issues with other platforms(and some AR lowers) for no reason.

It's called a knife.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why?  LEO's are not the one that make up the stupid laws.  It's a business for them, not politics.  They do a lot of business with different dept.. that would be bad business to deny one just because they are from a ban state.

Any case that sucks that color PMAGs are going to be gone.  I've always heard that 80-90% of the sales are black magazines.  Also I've seen color magazines have cracked feedlips from usage.  My friend who use to make the cut PMAGs had told us that when he cut the colored ones, it would go through like butter when compared to the black ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because if they need 30rd mags for their job they will be given them. But to sit there and let them buy them for their private collection, as they arrest others for having them....

One could also say that the gun owners of CA didn't make the stupid laws either. But you know protected class has more rights and all that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[

View Quote

Hi,

I  agree with wshbrnger while Ford had the market they eliminated every color but black to maximize production.  General Motors came along with colors, new models, and new features and Ford started offering other colors than black, and other features like electric start.  I think the market will eventually make Magpul do the same.  

My personal experience with Magpul P-Mags is that they have some issues in hot humid weather regardless of the color.    I can't fault Magpul's engineering though, the FDE gen II mags my son a Sgt in the US Army used functioned flawlessly through several firefights in Afghanistan & Iraq were the humidity's lower.  

Best Regards:  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Need to buy Gen 2 fde windowed mags.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top