BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2016 11:06:27 PM EDT
I am looking to start stocking up on some decent ammo for 3-Gun matches and was curious if you guys purchase reloads? I'f so where do you order from? If not what & where do you buy quality new brass casing ammo that you dont have to sell a kidney for?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Only reloads I trust are mine.  Bulk ammo prices are getting lower all the time, check wideners, aim surplus, sg ammo, etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#2]
NEVER BUY RELOADS!

They are Russian roulette with ammo.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing close to reloads I buy is Black Hills with used brass .  The second choice is my own loads . My experience with local commercial reloads from a local company that claims to load all sorts of match ammo was a stage ending primer falling out into my lower . Never again
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing close to reloads I buy is Black Hills with used brass .  The second choice is my own loads . My experience with local commercial reloads from a local company that claims to load all sorts of match ammo was a stage ending primer falling out into my lower . Never again
View Quote

Black Hills only.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Egads no!

The only stuff to trust right is the Blackhills Blue line of re-manufactured fodder.

Roll your own, it will be much safer after you've learned a thing or two from the reloading forum. In fact, stop by to say hello and read the FAQ's before making your own thread asking the pertinent stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I do not buy reloads. No idea how many times the brass has been fired, or how it has been treated. Might as well just pick up and load random brass from public ranges as use commercial reloads.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#7]
No. Never. Used to manage a gun store w/range. We stopped selling reloads. Too many blown up guns over the years and people bitching about guns not functioning. plus unless you send the blown up gun and cases..parts and pieces to a very expensive lab you can not tell if it was a reload purchased in the store or one the customer reloaded.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
For killing paper I get most of my reloaded ammo from Freedom Munitions. Can't beat the price and as far as reloaded ammo short of reloading your own I'd say it's excellent.  
The company started out by making the actual machinery used to reload ammo, then started selling their own ammo.  They design and make their own machinery so as far
as whether or not the used brass is good...well they've got very sophisticated machinery that determines that.  I've picked up bags of reloaded ammo at Dick's Sporting Goods
and Gun shows, and just by eyeball, NO WHERE near the quality of F.M. If you're a competition shooter or hunter, you'll probably either
reload your own or buy specific loads of HQ ammo.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]
absolutely not.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For killing paper I get most of my reloaded ammo from Freedom Munitions. Can't beat the price and as far as reloaded ammo short of reloading your own I'd say it's excellent.  
The company started out by making the actual machinery used to reload ammo, then started selling their own ammo.  They design and make their own machinery so as far
as whether or not the used brass is good...well they've got very sophisticated machinery that determines that.  I've picked up bags of reloaded ammo at Dick's Sporting Goods
and Gun shows, and just by eyeball, NO WHERE near the quality of F.M. If you're a competition shooter or hunter, you'll probably either
reload your own or buy specific loads of HQ ammo.
View Quote

There are also lots of rifles blown up by Freedom Munitions ammo too.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Have purchased cases of Freedom Munition's .223 remanufactured,
and several hundred rounds of their .32 acp and .380.

Excellent prices and sometimes free shipping.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
hell no

I make my own

work some overtime, and buy a Dillon

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I quit buying reloads ACROSS THE BOARD when my wife's uncle's Steyer blew up in his face. Permanent damage to right eye. Gun show reloads.

Buy some Wolf gold, cheap and RELIABLE.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Have purchased cases of Freedom Munition's .223 remanufactured,and several hundred rounds of their .32 acp and .380.
View Quote

there are two kaboom thread currently running on this site about their awesome kaboom ammo

BH is the only reloads i buy
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Never. Ever.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Black Hills only.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black Hills only.

I'll fourth Black Hills. Only reload I would consider, and even that said, I haven't bought any yet.

As others have said, too many good options at bulk prices right now to worry about it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]

There are also lots of rifles blown up by Freedom Munitions ammo too.  No thanks.
View Quote

Example 1.??....2.??....3.??.   Not too much to ask for "LOTS of rifles blown up".  Actually I'll settle for
just one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I buy reman only from Ventura munitions of laxammo.  Thousands of 9mm and .223 with zero issuers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Example 1.??....2.??....3.??.   Not too much to ask for "LOTS of rifles blown up".  Actually I'll settle for
just one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

just one.

Since you've only had that account since March you may have missed some of the threads. It's not just kabooms, but light primer strikes, primers falling out, bad brass....

People can buy whatever they want, but it's not a risk many of us want to take; especially with prices being what they've been. Man asked us our opinion. We replied. It's up to the individual to verify and complete the research if they want. It's as simple as: ar15.com: Freedom Munitions Kaboom or Freedom Munitions Kaboom.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

just one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

just one.

A little more reading on Freedom for you....
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/702313_Freedom_Munitions_Accuracy_review.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Can you spot the industry shill in this thread?  
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
NEVER BUY RELOADS!

They are Russian roulette with ammo.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

just one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

just one.

You're about to feel dumb...
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

just one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

just one.

It's surprising that they're still in business to be honest.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell no.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Buy them? No.

But I shoot them all the time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Not only are they in business, they can't fill the orders they have.  With all those "blown up rifles" how do they do it ??  And in the most litigious society on earth?
Ignorance is just plain f-ing BLISS.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

You'll have to convince their tens of thousands of repeat customers how dangerous their rounds are in the most litigious society on earth.  Best of luck on the steep hill.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:34:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You'll have to convince their tens of thousands of repeat customers how dangerous their rounds are in the most litigious society on earth.  Best of luck on the steep hill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Feel free to shoot all of their crap ammo that I won't buy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not only are they in business, they can't fill the orders they have.  With all those "blown up rifles" how do they do it ??  And in the most litigious society on earth?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And you will probably be one of the first to cry foul when you and your AR detonate.

The ? wasn't "are they in business" or "do they have a customer base" ?
The fact is, there are  REPEATED failures with their ammo.

Blast away, it's your face.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

reload your own or buy specific loads of HQ ammo.   this guy is shilling  
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I buy reman only from Ventura munitions of laxammo.  Thousands of 9mm and .223 with zero issuers.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I buy reloads all the time....

..one component at a time
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

you're either a shill or a idiot, either way please keep shooting their ammo.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#36]
NEVER! Not even the so called "factory reloads".

Only reloads I use are the reloads when I personally check the charge. In other words, my reloads.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I frequently buy Atlanta Arms and Armory reloads when I'm at the range. No kabooms yet.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd buy black hills but otherwise.....Fuck no.  My face is worth more than the price difference for factory
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh hell no.  I buy Black Hills red box (virgin new) but would buy their blue box reloads in a pinch (a pinch I have never had happen).

I remember the old 3D brand reloads my BIL would buy.  .357 and .44 mag.   I remember his gp100 sounding funny when his factory 357 mag reloads were being used.  I looked through his box and empties and came up with a handful of 38 special casings.  The unfired ones still in the box had the bullet barely held by the case (seated to same oal as the magnums).   Good thing it was a Moderate load with LSWC bullets.  In all dirty shit garbage quality.

I am a long time reloader.  I roll my own and shoot little very center fire factory.  When I do I buy for the brass when it makes sense to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So which is it?#1, #2, or #3 BOTH? Hell, I'd  settle for one answer
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I think someone just had a Kb with Ventura in a thread this week
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#43]
The only reloaded ammo I would even consider buying would be Black Hills. I roll my own for everything that I own though so I have no need to purchase loaded ammo from anyone.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I reload myself, but there's no way I would ever buy reloads.

I don't want to jump into the argument but I would really suggest you do a lot of research before ordering reman ammo.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, quite regularly, BUT I don't shoot them.  I buy them for components at a reduced component price.  I generally throw the powder out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am looking to start stocking up on some decent ammo for 3-Gun matches and was curious if you guys purchase reloads? I'f so where do you order from? If not what & where do you buy quality new brass casing ammo that you dont have to sell a kidney for?
View Quote

I shoot lots of 45ACP reloads - I buy them from Freedom Munitions or LAX.  I have also shot 223 blasting ammo reloads from Freedom, and have match ammo from them as well (haven't tried that yet).  Both company's reloads are just as reliable as their new ammo, IMHO - they are loaded with the same components on the same machines with what appears to be once-fired brass.  That being said, I would buy their new stuff for any competition or if buying any type of match ammo, since if nothing else, the cases would all be the same.  My experience is mostly with 45 pistol ammo, but I've never had a dud or a bad round from either LAX or freedom, and I HAVE had duds come out of a Federal box.  Just sayin'.

Many folks will only buy ammo from the "big boys" such as Federal or Remington, and poo-poo the reloading companies at every opportunity.  In my experience, however, performance and precision from the bigger companies is generally abysmal with the exception of boutique ammo (like FGMM).  I find the "blasting" and practice offerings from the smaller companies to be generally better in terms of both precision and cleanliness.  I've also seen my fair share of defective ammunition such as cracked cases, loose bullets, and even squibs (THATs how you blow up a gun) in new ammo from the big companies.  Shoot a batch of Remington Golden Bullet 22s and tell me about them making quality ammo after 10% of them don't fire.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Have purchased cases of Freedom Munition's .223 remanufactured,and several hundred rounds of their .32 acp and .380.

View Quote

Excellent prices and free shipping are great when you are buying, but the only thing that truly matters is how it performs.  Have you shot any of those cases you purchased?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#50]
The probability of this deters me

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top