BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2014 9:02:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I will believe it when I find it on the shelf...
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
CCI reports making 4,000,000 rounds per day with no plans or capability to increase that number. People are still hording the crap out of 22's
and there are hundreds of thousands of new 22 shooters. Stores here report record sales of AR Style 22's. What the point with no ammo??????

Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CCI reports making 4,000,000 rounds per day with no plans or capability to increase that number. People are still hording the crap out of 22's
and there are hundreds of thousands of new 22 shooters. Stores here report record sales of AR Style 22's. What the point with no ammo??????

Dave in Florida
View Quote

Exactly, Dave!  A rancher who lives about a mile from me bought his wife and kids each
a S&W M&P15-22 from the local Walmart. It was four months before they got to
shoot because none of the stores had ammo. They bought the guns without ammo
in hand!
I showed them a few ammo-bot web addresses but the good ammo is running around 26 cents a shot.

Not good.

Ted
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I will believe it when I find it on the shelf...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Chicken in every pot and a brick of .22 in every closet...
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
with cci at 4 million rounds a day that is 1600 rounds for every walmart a day, just walmart.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly, Dave!  A rancher who lives about a mile from me bought his wife and kids each
in hand!
I showed them a few ammo-bot web addresses but the good ammo is running around 26 cents a shot.

Not good.

Ted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave in Florida

in hand!

Not good.

Ted

You could get all you wanted for $0.10 a round at the last gun show I was at. I get email alerts every day for 5 to 8 cents.
Two weeks ago I got two of the nitrogen sealed cans for 8 cents a round.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
with cci at 4 million rounds a day that is 1600 rounds for every walmart a day, just walmart.
View Quote

Stats like this are why I like ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
CCI mini-mag is my favorite. Sure wish they would increase production. I haven't been able to buy any for almost 2 years now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Ammunition Depot has CCI mini-mag at $0.12/round...
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

And that could be easily bought up by the same asshole everyday who waits until it's put on the shelf and then will turn around and sell it for twice what he paid.  Unfortunately this is going to continue as long as it remains profitable for these people to do so.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CCI mini-mag is my favorite. Sure wish they would increase production. I haven't been able to buy any for almost 2 years now.
View Quote

My LGS had it in stock today for .10 round. Five box limit (100/box). That is still to much $$$. Hopefully it will come down some more because the last I bought there was .12/round, so it is trending down.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Week before last, local FFL put up on Facebook they was putting out (100) boxes (10 case) starting Saturday,  for 7 days,, I was there that Saturday and owner handed me 1st box out of 1st case.. went back Monday, got another, Thurs I scored another.. They posted they was putting out (150) box this past Saturday, I was there and got box #6 out of the first case..

I had to check bank acct,, 4 boxes this past week.. son getting fired up to hit Fish & Game and blast some 22LR suppressed since we have 22LR now.

*** NOT A FOR SALE AD ***   This is for me and my kids to shoot

---------------------------------------
Aug 1 :
BIG NEWS! We just got the first big shipment of .22LR ammo in a while! In an effort to share this with as many people as possible, we are going to sell 100 boxes per day for the next 7 business days. We will start this on Saturday August 2 and go through the following Saturday. The limit will be 1 per household per day and when 100 boxes are gone, we will start over again the next day. That's 7 separate chances to pick up some .22's! (Remember we are CLOSED on Sunday, so that doesn't count as one of the days) Price is $29.99 for a box of 525 rounds.

See you this week!

Aug 8 :
DON'T MISS OUT! We still have boxes of .22LR ammo! There are a number of boxes still available for today and we will be putting out 150 boxes on Saturday. The limit will be 1 per household per day. Price is $29.99 for a box of 525 rounds.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Its out there.  There is a higher demand now then ever before.  We have over a million new shooters in the last 4 years.  If they all bought a 22 firearm and shot 1 round of 22 a day, just 1 round every day, that is a 365 million round increase in demand of just 22.  I have never shot less then 100 rounds during any range trip I took with a .22 firearm, I usually go at least once a month.

Like I said it is out there, you just need to look to find it at decent prices.

MAHA

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

in hand!

Not good.

Ted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave in Florida

in hand!

Not good.

Ted

The neighbor kid (actually 21 now) bought a 10/22 with some kind of fancy stock that had a pistol grip and picatinny rails all over.  He had two 25 round mags, but no ammo.  I gave him a box of federal bulk.  My 8 year old daughter saw me getting 22lr out of the stash, and made sure it wasn't any of hers.    When I gave it to him he, he got all choked up, and offered to change the oil in my truck the next time.   Apparently he's had the gun for almost a year, and has only managed to shoot three fifty round boxes out of it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You could get all you wanted for $0.10 a round at the last gun show I was at. I get email alerts every day for 5 to 8 cents.
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/773/773108.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave in Florida

in hand!

Not good.

Ted

Where are you getting the email alerts from? Also, what are the good ammo-bot websites?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where are you getting the email alerts from? Also, what are the good ammo-bot websites?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave in Florida

in hand!

Not good.

Ted

Check out the Gander Mountain Thread.   Easier than getting up super early to beardneck 3 boxes at WM.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And that could be easily bought up by the same asshole everyday who waits until it's put on the shelf and then will turn around and sell it for twice what he paid.  Unfortunately this is going to continue as long as it remains profitable for these people to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES!  -  The way this craziness will stop soon is if everybody starts refusing to pay anything over retail price for 22LR ammo. There is a now a cottage industry that has sprung up of people who have dedicated all of their spare time to waiting outside Wal-Marts, Gander Mtns., etc. and using web bots to snatch up all available 22LR and reselling or hoarding it. This leaves the shelves bare and creates a feeling of panic to the rest of us and the desire to buy or hoard whatever we can find, further contributing to the problem. If people would just stop buying 22LR from the scalpers, they will have no reason to continue this practice, supply will start to come back, and the market will settle back to normal. I predict that there will be a glut of 22LR in the next year when the hoarders come to their senses and realize that they probably don't need 50,000 rounds of 22LR in their basement getting stale. It is a great example of a free market at work, however this self-fulfilling artificial scarcity will only be temporary and consumers can end it quicker by their actions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Jeez, federal.  Just imagine how nice it would be if you did this two years ago.  Or five years ago.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I predict that there will be a glut of 22LR in the next year when the hoarders come to their senses and realize that they probably don't need 50,000 rounds of 22LR in their basement getting stale. It is a great example of a free market at work, however this self-fulfilling artificial scarcity will only be temporary and consumers can end it quicker by their actions.
View Quote

i was hearing this same thing being said over a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#22]
It does not really help too wait outside of Walmart. Atleast in my case. My walmart puts the .22 out at the same time everyday. They will not sell it till 9:00 AM rolls around.

Last .22 my Walmart had was Remington 225 packs two days ago at 11.17 a box. I never bothered to go grab any but it did last on the shelf for over two hours. Usually it is gone in 20 minutes.

I know when Walmart gets 22 in the store the night before. I have not bothered to go buy any though as I have a plenty. All bought at regular price. It is there at normal pricing if you put in the effort. If you cannot go to the store yourself when it comes in, send a surrogate.

To those that say they just cannot beat the flippers to the store . If you want the ammo, put in the effort or pay the price to the flippers. I can get .22 at Walmart atleast once every two weeks if I put in some effort to do so. Usually once a week if I try. I just have enough so I do not bother.

As someone said, stop enabling the flippers and you will be rewarded

I have not seen any CCI for quite a spell at Walmart though, around two months or more. I have heard that crap
about 4 million rounds of .22 from CCI a Day and I think they are full of crap. It would be showing up if that was the actual truth. I know exactly what comes into my Walmart and my share of that 4 million CCI is nearly non existent
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Do all Walmats get ammo shipments the same day/time, or do I need to try to figure out when mine will get it in?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do all Walmats get ammo shipments the same day/time, or do I need to try to figure out when mine will get it in?
View Quote

The one's around here put new ammo out in the morning.  1 at 7am, and the other 3 at 8am.  There is a line that forms an hour or so before these times.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave in Florida

in hand!

Not good.

Ted

http://www.wikiarms.com/
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#27]

I predict that there will be a glut of 22LR in the next year when the hoarders come to their senses and realize that they probably don't need 50,000 rounds of 22LR in their basement getting stale..
View Quote
 Oh crap...it goes stale?  Why didn't some body tell......dang
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#28]
What's a neck beard?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#29]
An A$$H@lE ammo hoarder/price scalper.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What's a neck beard?
View Quote

All you ever wanted to know about neckbeards and probably even more that you didn't want to know can be found here
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

http://www.wikiarms.com/

http://www.luckygunner.com/

I've posted these here many times and usually get bitched at because
the prices for premium ammo run high. No good deed goes unpunished.

Ted
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:38:19 AM EDT
[#34]
%Scalpers %Hoarders %Flippers
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#35]
[The local Dick's Sporting Goods had several of these yesterday . Federal 525 round boxes for $24.95. My neighbor called me to tell me he had just bought a box and there were two boxes left on the shelf. (I have a new Sig 1911-22 coming in Friday and had nothing in the cupboard to feed it). I drove to the store right after we hung up. No 22 on the shelf.. Sales guy asked what I was looking for and I told him "22s". Be right back. I have one more case. 525 rounds at a price that makes sense to shoot .22. Hopefully we are starting a trend.

Aug 8 :
DON'T MISS OUT! We still have boxes of .22LR ammo! There are a number of boxes still available for today and we will be putting out 150 boxes on Saturday. The limit will be 1 per household per day. Price is $29.99 for a box of 525 rounds.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p480x480/10570384_10152567575792332_2371770475755174023_n.jpg
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
An A$$H@lE ammo scalper.
View Quote

I much prefer the term asshole ammo scalper to neckbeard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#37]
It's getting much better here. I see 22's regularly for normal ($25/brick) prices. Even the 300 round choot em mini mag boxes are 28-29 bucks.

IMO those are new normal retail store prices.

If it was easier for me to ship ammo I would combat the neckbeards by purposely buying it when I see it and selling it to people for the same price. Shipping would cost too though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I predict that there will be a glut of 22LR in the next year when the hoarders come to their senses and realize that they probably don't need 50,000 rounds of 22LR in their basement getting stale. It is a great example of a free market at work, however this self-fulfilling artificial scarcity will only be temporary and consumers can end it quicker by their actions.

So was I. It is out there, you have to look for it and order it up. Hopefully soon, it will become more plentiful but it won't be priced down like it used to be because to many people are shooting it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Have bought over 1300 rounds at Walmart over the last week. Wheres the shortage   Two Federal 550s and one dreaded Rem 225.

It is spotty but it does come in periodically. I have not seen online pricing that is not a ripoff for many years. Even before the shortage I could not buy online cheaper than local after shipping charges.  Maybe in huge quantitys online occasionally. But buying one box online has always been cost prohibitive.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top