Posted: 3/1/2012 1:43:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Shucks, just bought a psa upper a few days ago wish I would've waited now
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
PSA 16" 6.8 SPCII, 1/11, Mid-length, Lighter profile, MP Upper

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/_/6.8_classic.jpg
As low as: $409.95
Price as configured: $507.90

Barrel: 16" Chrome Moly Vanadium mid-length, special lighter profile barrel, chambered in 6.8 SPCII, with a 1 in 11" twist, chrome lined bore and M4 barrel extension. Barrels are high pressure tested, mag particle inspected and finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post, standard handguards, and an A2 flash hider. Barrel profile starts out as an A2 and then in relieved between the FSB and muzzle. This is not a "pencil" barrel profile.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer, and are marked with the Palmetto State Armory logo on the left side, up front, just below the rail.

Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec Carpenter 158 steel, Shot peened, and MPI. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside, chrome lined inside, and laser engraved with the Palmetto State Armory logo

Each upper is assembled to order with care, and test fired.

*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*

Shipping labels are created shortly after orders are placed. Shipping labels update when the product leaves our facility and are en route to their destination. You will be emailed tracking information when the order leaves our facility, however if you receive one shortly after you place your order and it remains dormant, don’t be alarmed. Your tracking information will be updated when it leaves our facility and is still subject to the aforementioned lead time. If your tracking number goes beyond the listed lead time please get in contact with us via email or phone and we will look into your issue.

Signature required on delivery.

Click HERE To Order!

Who produces a 6.8 SPC Proof round??

And what is the chamber pressure?

Link Posted: 3/22/2012 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For those who do not know, Badazzar15 is Spikes Tactical.  

As much as Spike's would like us to reveal the sources that allow us to provide quality products, at competitive price points, in a public forum, we decline the invitation.  However, we understand that this is a small community that sometimes helps each other out when supplies get tight.  

If Tom needs a source for proof rounds, he should contact us privately.

It's called backing up your claims. You'll be the first company (as far as I know) to ever offer a High Pressure Tested 6.8 SPC or 300 Blackout barrel.

We don't need help with anything, we do our own testing and have sufficient resources to produce a superior product, regardless of cost. :-)
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those who do not know, Badazzar15 is Spikes Tactical.  

As much as Spike's would like us to reveal the sources that allow us to provide quality products, at competitive price points, in a public forum, we decline the invitation.  However, we understand that this is a small community that sometimes helps each other out when supplies get tight.  

If Tom needs a source for proof rounds, he should contact us privately.

It's called backing up your claims. You'll be the first company (as far as I know) to ever offer a High Pressure Tested 6.8 SPC or 300 Blackout barrel.

We don't need help with anything, we do our own testing and have sufficient resources to produce a superior product, regardless of cost. :-)

+1

I don't really see where Tom asked anything out of bounds there, or where he was asking you to give out proprietary data.  It seems to me that the information he asked about shouldn't be anything that would impact you to share with the rest of the class and if anything would be helpful information for the community to know.  

You seemed to jump to another level here when all that was asked was some clarity on the methods involved in testing.

I like you PSA, I really do, and I have sent dozens if not hundreds of orders your way through advice and recommendations on this site and at the same time I have shopped with you for years.  As a customer I wouldn't mind knowing your source for proof rounds and the pressure proofed too as well.  As Tom has pointed out not many (if any) companies offer what you are claiming to offer, and having a bit more information on those claims would go along way to cementing your marketing position.  This is a technical forum afterall, we like technical data.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I will say this as a dealer with Spikes Tactical and PSA both are great quality. But PSA didn't go out and cut a deal with wholesale distribitors and throw the dealers who made them who they are to the wind. PSA takes care of their customers first then dealers Spikes can't seem to be bothered with the smaller dealers and would rather send everything to wholesalers. So who is commited to the customer?
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
S$@t just got real!

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
lol at spikes trying to figure out how PSA does it better for cheaper without a 3 month wait.

Why does it seem that the 6.8 is catching on better than the various 6.5 offerings?  What are the pros of the 6.8?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol at spikes trying to figure out how PSA does it better for cheaper without a 3 month wait.

Why does it seem that the 6.8 is catching on better than the various 6.5 offerings?  What are the pros of the 6.8?

It doesn't seem like Spikes was trying to figure out anything, only calling BS on PSA
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't seem like Spikes was trying to figure out anything, only calling BS on PSA

besides the fact that he asked who produces the test round, yeah sounds to me like hes wanting to get some as well
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#12]
PSA, that upper looks sweet.  You guys are killing me.  I just got done paying for the last three uppers from you guys.

Wow Spike's Tactical, what an awesome display of professionalism and adherence to the New Products forum rules.  Guess how much of your stuff I'll ever buy or recommend.

Stay classy.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
PSA, that upper looks sweet.  You guys are killing me.  I just got done paying for the last three uppers from you guys.

Wow Spike's Tactical, what an awesome display of professionalism and adherence to the New Products forum rules.  Guess how much of your stuff I'll ever buy or recommend.

Stay classy.

Have you ever seen a High Pressure Tested 6.8 SPC?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why does it seem that the 6.8 is catching on better than the various 6.5 offerings? What are the pros of the 6.8?

Can't speak for anyone else but I recently ordered a PSA 6.8 upper to use as hunting rig because it had the options I wanted for a solid price. Not as cheap as their initial offering last year but still a bit less then ARP, Bison or Stag, and again configured how what I wanted.

From my research the 6.8 & 6.5G have a LOT more overlap then differences in performance. Basically a marginal, and for my purposes (hunting medium game under 200yds) insignificant, difference. Seems very similar to the '.270win or .280rem' articles that were standard in gun mags when I was a kid, there is no wrong or right answer really. I chose the 6.8 because of the success it's had as a hunting round and all my prospective shots will be under 200yds- negating the Grendels better performance at long distance. Since I intend to use it only for hunting the cost of ammo is not very important to me.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#15]
PSA is the only company to produce a HPT 6.8 SPCII?

I am in the market for a 6.8 Upper? Why are you guys the only one doing it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They have a proof fired 300 Blackout as well..

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/565632_PSA_16_300_AAC__Hammer_Forged__Chrome_lined_Upper.html
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
TAG
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/565632_PSA_16_300_AAC__Hammer_Forged__Chrome_lined_Upper.html

why dont you quit trolling them. its very unprofessional
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy.

Have you ever seen a High Pressure Tested 6.8 SPC?

Have you?  You're the one making insinuations with zero to back it up against a competitor that is kicking your ass business wise.  Finally realizing you're getting squeezed out of the marketplace between awesomeness of PSA selling to consumers and huge distributors on one end and folks like those air boat boys at CORE15 aggressively marketing to consumers and dealers on the other end?  I bet $5 you're finding it a good bit harder to keep up lately.  

Other than the inherent variety in the worn out lameness of your lower's rollmarks, why should we prefer your product over PSA's?  Are your QC measures better?  Why? Do you batch test or test every one?  Do you test the metal from every lot like BCM?  Are your proof rounds proofier?  How?  Prove it spider boy.  If you can't are you going to come out with a bejeweled Zombie Liberace' wearing a Spike's Logo T-shirt while playing a grand piano rollmark on a lower as your "Neva Been Done Be Fo" game changer comeback?

Free advice:  If you find yourself in a hole the 1st thing to do is stop digging.  The second thing to do would be to stop trolling your winning competitor's new product announcements.  Start paying attention to YOUR business by truely advancing the state of the art in the industry.  Fruity looking rollmarks on lowers don't count.  You could begin by reading carbine class AAR's where Spike's Tactical products are mentioned with less than favorable results.  Then you should politely and professionally attempt to contact the owners of said products in an attempt to find out why your guns failed to complete a 2-3 day course of fire and FIX the problems.  But hey, if you want to continue to put out "me too" cheaper knock off products *cough* dynacomp *cough*  and catering to the "I'll never shoot more than 200 rounds through it in my life crowd but hey, look at the cool WTF ever poserific rollmark on my lower" feel free to keep plowing the fields of mere mediocrity.  

Hey PSA.  Is it possible to custom order one of these 6.8 uppers with a low pro gas block and that sweet looking rail you have on that .300 blackout upper in your other thread?  If so, do we call it in or order it online somehow?

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they do. But my question was directed at PSA.  

Why aren't more companies high pressure testing? And/or why did PSA decide to do it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I assume that they did the barrel proof test one time, for each barrel chamber/profile combination, probably from the initial shipment.
Doesn't Hornady make proof ammo?  I have seen pics somewhere of it (in 6.8 SPC at 70Kpsi I think).
PSA, please feel free to chime in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#22]
just another reason not to buy ST. Good luck PSA you put out a great product at a great price.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume that they did the barrel proof test one time, for each barrel chamber/profile combination, probably from the initial shipment.
Doesn't Hornady make proof ammo?  I have seen pics somewhere of it (in 6.8 SPC at 70Kpsi I think).

Each individual barrel is proof tested and mag particle inspected.  

We strive to give our customers the best product at an affordable price point; proof testing and MP inspection ensures the customer that they are getting a quality product.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/Palmettostatearmory/Untitled.jpg

Boom.
Looks like another great upper from Palmetto.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#25]
PSA FTW!!!!

Why Spikes feels the need to "call people out" is a mystery to me.

If I owned a company I would be alittle more concerned about it, not someone elses.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We strive to give our customers the best product at an affordable price point; proof testing and MP inspection ensures the customer that they are getting a quality product.

Thank you, sir!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#27]
***SNIP***

If Tom needs a source for proof rounds, he should contact us privately.[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

I don't really see where Tom asked anything out of bounds there, or where he was asking you to give out proprietary data.  It seems to me that the information he asked about shouldn't be anything that would impact you to share with the rest of the class and if anything would be helpful information for the community to know.  

You seemed to jump to another level here when all that was asked was some clarity on the methods involved in testing.

I like you PSA, I really do, and I have sent dozens if not hundreds of orders your way through advice and recommendations on this site and at the same time I have shopped with you for years.  As a customer I wouldn't mind knowing your source for proof rounds and the pressure proofed too as well.  As Tom has pointed out not many (if any) companies offer what you are claiming to offer, and having a bit more information on those claims would go along way to cementing your marketing position.  This is a technical forum afterall, we like technical data.

Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

The make a great product. Most people will never know. You can't get your hands on one.
I had one. I liked it. I sold it to a Spikes-Aid drinking fool, like yourself, for a crazy profit.
I used that money to buy a MUCH less expensive, equally equipped PSA. I received it in a timely manner and am very impressed with it.
I won't say it is better than Spikes, just Equal and obtainable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
PSA FTW!!!!

If I owned a company I would be alittle more concerned about it, not someone elses.

Spikes suffers from little member syndrome, though i loved PSA's response
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA FTW!!!!

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA FTW!!!!

+1

I never really got into the whole Spikes thing, and now based on what has transpired here they will never see any of my business. PSA I wish you the best of luck, and kudos to you for handling this very professionally.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA FTW!!!!

+1

I never really got into the whole Spikes thing, and now based on what has transpired here they will never see any of my business. PSA I wish you the best of luck, and kudos to you for handling this very professionally.

If my spikes lower wasnt a registered SBR i would cut it up with a bandsaw and buy a PSA lower.

Sadly its a SBR.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA FTW!!!!

+1

This is actually a bit worrisome.  This is not just a regular user being schooled, but an AR Manufacturer.
I would almost begin to question their competency.

Thank you PSA for addressing our questions and concerns.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You can go swing off the nut sacks of all the Spikes employees for all I care.
The make a great product. Most people will never know. You can't get your hands on one.
I had one. I liked it. I sold it to a Spikes-Aid drinking fool, like yourself, for a crazy profit.
I used that money to buy a MUCH less expensive, equally equipped PSA. I received it in a timely manner and am very impressed with it.

Eh, I think you are taking this a tiny bit out of bounds here as well. I didn't say anything against PSA... I just said I didn't understand why PSA wouldn't just say "Yep, we get our Proof rounds from Remington and they are XX PSI... thanks for asking"

I frankly have no real brand loyalty here, I have purchased products from both companies, I have recommended both companies dependent on the situation, and I do not own currently any products with either companies name on it... I do not own a Spikes rifle or lower... nor do I own a PSA rifle or lower.  I think you are mistaking general even handedness with koolaid.  

Don't understand your insults towards me, but its whatever... GRR... ANGRY! yeah, ok.

Good on you PSA for providing more info on this, my own personal knowledge base is a bit larger now that I am aware of the existence of the proof rounds.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA FTW!!!!

+1

This is actually a bit worrisome.  This is not just a regular user being schooled, but an AR Manufacturer.
I would almost begin to question their competency.

Thank you PSA for addressing our questions and concerns.

Exactly, then again this isnt the first time Tom has called out PSA either, he practices very poor business manners i you ask me.

It does have me wondering now since he was so sure that no proof loads existed and called PSA out only to be schooled by them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can go swing off the nut sacks of all the Spikes employees for all I care.

Eh, I think you are taking this a tiny bit out of bounds here as well. I didn't say anything against PSA... I just said I didn't understand why PSA wouldn't just say "Yep, we get our Proof rounds from Remington and they are XX PSI... thanks for asking"

I frankly have no real brand loyalty here, I have purchased products from both companies, I have recommended both companies dependent on the situation, and I do not own currently any products with either companies name on it... I do not own a Spikes rifle or lower... nor do I own a PSA rifle or lower.  I think you are mistaking general even handedness with koolaid.  
Don't understand your insults towards me, but its whatever... GRR... ANGRY! yeah, ok.

Good on you PSA for providing more info on this, my own personal knowledge base is a bit larger now that I am aware of the existence of the proof rounds.

Ok, sorry to make it seem like I intended only you can hang. Should have stated Y'all can hang. I kid, sorry if you took it personal.
It is the same way with BCM, which I owed as well...and sold to a follower.
I hope this doesn't happen to PSA, but if it does, I'm ready with products to sell.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#37]
LOL

What was that saying...

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

Way to go Spikes...

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If my spikes lower wasnt a registered SBR i would cut it up with a bandsaw and buy a PSA lower.

Feel free to send any of your awful Spikes stuff to me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#39]
PSA you guys rock

Great offering...& thanks for it!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definition of pwnd right there folks.

ZA
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definition of pwnd right there folks.

ZA

ZA,

Reading is fundamental.  I wasn't bashing PSA.  They have been professional, courteous and provided proof......unlike at least one or two other posters.  Did you happen to have a technical question or comment?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Well it looks like Spikes is now officially off my recommended builders list.  Trolling another builder's ad with misinformation is the pinnacle of tackiness.

Palmetto State Armory for the win!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well it looks like Spikes is now officially off my recommended builders list.  Trolling another builder's ad with misinformation is the pinnacle of tackiness.

Palmetto State Armory for the win!

after reading this thread I ordered a PSA lower.now i need to figure out what upper to put on it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Until coming to ARFCOM I have never even heard of spikes.Along with many gun dealers , range members ,friends in the guard,and local police,in my area.That tels me they are just another company trying  to duplicate Colts design.I don't see any better quality coming from them, when supply from PSA,Rock River,Bushmaster ect... is as good or better, and can still handle their customer service.You could have the best product in the world but if the customer isn't taken care of don't expect your business to succeed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Wow that is probably the most unprofessional and childish thing i've seen on this board.  While it might seem like an innocent question when taken out of context, put into context of one company commenting on another and you have underlying agendas.  You basically tried to cut into PSA with 2 comments, 1. calling them out on not proof testing their barrels which backfired, and 2.  not manufacturing parts in house, implying inferiority and downplaying them as an assembler not manufacturer.  Even if they don't manufacture their own parts, that's ok because at least they test their products out to make sure it meets up with spec.  I'll take that with only a 2 week wait time instead of 2-3 months.  

PSA,
 When are you going to start making 6.5 Grendel uppers???    Seriously, Bill Alexander just released the Spec and trademark to SAAMI, and he just met with Wolf to finalize the steel cased version, meaning later this year 6.5 grendel is going to be way way more economical to blast than 6.8.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#46]
A 6.8 SPC , a 6.5 Brandy Alexander WTF... and a 300 Blackout ...FN Cold Hammer Forged, double chrome linedbarrels... made out of machine gun steel of various lengths from 8" - 20"
would sure be nice.....

I'd end up spending the summer out in garage for sure.....better than the winter so might be worth it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmm, and I haven't had a chance to break-in the 6.8spc upper I just received from PSA.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Is just the barrel assembly available separately?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PSA,
 When are you going to start making 6.5 Grendel uppers???    Seriously, Bill Alexander just released the Spec and trademark to SAAMI, and he just met with Wolf to finalize the steel cased version, meaning later this year 6.5 grendel is going to be way way more economical to blast than 6.8.

We are working on lengths, materials and profiles now.  This would be a good time to post any particular configuration preferences...

I am patiently awaiting my 6.8 upper to arrive that I ordered a couple weeks ago. Patiently...

In the meantime, if we are taking requests...

I am looking at a 300 whisper upper as my next toy. Primarily as a short (100 yards and in) hunting rifle. Would like 14.5" or 14.7 plus perm. attach flash hider option. More barrel doesn't seem to significantly affect velocity with this round very much. Standard FSB is great for me. Light, light, light profile.

In the meantime, crossing fingers for cheap 6.8 ammo to materialize.

Thanks,

- Z

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top