Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2011 4:59:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks slick!

Mark
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks bad-ass!!!! with a great price point to boot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I like!

Any plans for a .30 cal variety?  Need something in 5/8x24 / 7.62

Link Posted: 9/17/2011 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks pretty awesome. I might pick one of these up this week.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Any reviews?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks neat, but why the asymmetrical ports?
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ports on top are designed to help minimize muzzle flip/rise.

Right, I understand that much. Wouldn't having two ports pointing top-right and one port pointing top-left create an uneven force, pushing the rifle slightly towards the side with only one port? Just want to understand this from a mechanical perspective.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, I understand that much. Wouldn't having two ports pointing top-right and one port pointing top-left create an uneven force, pushing the rifle slightly towards the side with only one port? Just want to understand this from a mechanical perspective.

In my experience, perfectly symmetrical comps end up pushing the muzzle slightly to the right for right-handed shooters.  It is a function of hold and stance, it seems.  Consequently, a lot of guys end up enlarging the ports on the right of the comp, or drilling another port laterally.  This comp seems to be designed for people who would otherwise open up the right side of their comp.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice and aggressive definitely pickin up one of these for my zombie hunter haha.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I love my XTC  and the fact that it's low snag. Are you guys planning a low snag version? (aka rounded or non-crenulated front)
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully it functions as good as it looks! Even if it doesn't, might just get one anyways! Super cool looking comp guys!
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any reviews?

if it works as well as the XTC Rainier sells then it will be a homerun, i have 4 of the XTC and all work as good as the PWS556 IMHO, i just ordered a RMC on thursday, i'll let you guys know how it peforms
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#19]
if a person runs out of ammo they can use it to stab them to death
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Beats using a bayonet
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We have an Introductory Special going on right now.  We only have about 250 left on this opening order but we are offering them at $29.95.  To purchase use coupon code MAP.  all in CAPs.

PS.  the compensating portion of the of the XTC and RMC is exactly the same and will give you similar results in the area of compensation.

I was eying this the other day. With the coupon code I couldn't pass it up. Just placed my order.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Same here. Being eye balling this since you posted it on here and the coupon code was just the push I needed to get it ordered.

Rainier FTW!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my experience, perfectly symmetrical comps end up pushing the muzzle slightly to the right for right-handed shooters.  It is a function of hold and stance, it seems.  Consequently, a lot of guys end up enlarging the ports on the right of the comp, or drilling another port laterally.  This comp seems to be designed for people who would otherwise open up the right side of their comp.

So would the RMC (and XTC which has the same holes on top) not be the best choice for lefties?  If the asymmetric holes push the muzzle in towards a right handers body then they would push the muzzle even further away from a lefty; similar to an AK slant brake which I believe can be reversed for lefties?  Very tempted to get one of these, especially with the great intro price, just want to make sure it provides good muzzle control for lefties.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm soo trying to justify buying one of each finish...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Ordered.

It's crap like this why my intended budget build of no more than $600 has turned into a $1k+ build.

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Fighting the temptation to order one of these with the discount.  I'm looking for other things I can get since shipping is flat rate

The Sparta patch made me laugh.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fighting the temptation to order one of these with the discount.  I'm looking for other things I can get since shipping is flat rate

The Sparta patch made me laugh.

I find it's best not to fight those urges...just give in to 'em.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#31]
I got mine in the mail today. Looks great and the shipping was super fast.

Question: Was it supposed to come with the washer as shown in the photos? Mine did not include the washer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Question: Was it supposed to come with the washer as shown in the photos? Mine did not include the washer.

FWIW...mine came with the washer.

Can't believe how fast I got this.

I ordered it on Friday at 12:30 PM and I got it Monday in the mail. They are in Washington State and I am in Florida. That's what I call good service right there.

Product looks great, Can't wait to get it on my rifle tonight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We have an Introductory Special going on right now.  We only have about 250 left on this opening order but we are offering them at $29.95 which is below Dealer cost.  To purchase use coupon code MAP.  all in CAPs.

PS.  the compensating portion of the of the XTC and RMC is exactly the same and will give you similar results in the area of compensation.

Convinced me to buy two. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered it on Friday at 12:30 PM and I got it Monday in the mail. They are in Washington State and I am in Florida. That's what I call good service right there.

Thanks. I'll send them an email.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have an Introductory Special going on right now.  We only have about 250 left on this opening order but we are offering them at $29.95 which is below Dealer cost.  To purchase use coupon code MAP.  all in CAPs.

Convinced me to buy two. Thanks

Still coming up list price with that coupon code.  ThankS!

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I'll send them an email.

I sent them an email earlier and just received a reply (less than 3 hours later). They said they would mail out the washer today. That's excellent customer service in my book.

This was my first order from Rainier.  I will definitely order from them again in the future.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I love the look of that comp.  I like the fact its short.  The deterrent prongs certainly have a purpose!

I have a couple questions for Rainier.
1.  Did you do any sound measurements with and without the comp?  I'd imagine it is louder as most are.
2.  Is your location a retail store?
3.  Do you offer gunsmithing services?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Coupon code worked as intended.

Just placed my order despite budget! haha
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Waiting for feedback on effectiveness...

I like the logic behind the design, I just want to hear if the muzzle rise reduction is worth it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered one...It took several tries before the coupon code worked.
JB
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got mine tonight. ordered at like 3:30 Tuesday and have it on Thursday........ wow

Just a quick question. after fully hand tightening i had a little more than 3/4 of a turn to get the logo back to the top. It was a complete bitch as i don't have a vice but me and my spanner wrench got it there....

does that sound normal or did I potentially screw up my barrel threads? I didn't hear any noises or observe any material coming off. I thought it was mainly because i had no vice and was holding the rifle between my legs and turning the wrench with one arm....
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Ordered mine on Friday and recieved it Monday. Now I just need a barrel to put it on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Got mine, damn fast shipping as always...

Got a rifle class starting on the 19th so I'll put it through the works.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Range report! Super fast shipping to Maui! Today was open day at the range and having received and installed my new mini comp yesterday.I was able to try the new comp.today.I started shooting from a rest on the bench. I was sighting in a Bushnell T-dot scope on my Colt SP-1.The first thing that I noticed is there was almost 0 muzzle rise and the recoil went from modest to super light! It felt like shooting with very heavy clothing absorbing the recoil.After getting the red dot sighted-in, I started shooting fast strings of 20 rounds offhand  trying to see how well I could hold my sight picture.The recovery between shots was very fast...fractions of a second,a major improvement over the comp that I was using before.My other comp is an aftermarket comp that was popular 30 years ago.lol The bottom line is that I am pleased with the new Rainier mini comp! JB
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry for the dumb question.
Will this extend a 14.5" barrel to legal non-NFA length?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Wow your shipping is fast. I saw this and ordered it on Thursday at 2:30pm. At the same time, I registered for membership on this website. Your product arrived on Saturday around 2pm. My membership to this forum wasn't approved until Saturday at 6:30pm. I'm pretty sure that makes your shipping faster than the internet! lol

As far as product quality, everything looks great. Finish is perfect, threads are cut straight and clean, prongs are spikier than expected. I'm excited to install it, but I've been having trouble finding a decent, and complete write up about installation of muzzle devices (specifically compensator) using a crush washer. Any insight or direction to an installation guide would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top