Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2016 12:50:07 PM EDT
Nobody seems to have any Okay or NHMTG in stock.  Where do you get yours?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
44mag.com has some
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
BOy This cAn be a touCHy subject.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
lol ^
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Hahaha. You referring to 44mag?  I dont care for them and was looking for another source.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL   I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Academy sporting goods has them in my AO
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
They've rebranded their consumer magazines but the new name isn't coming to mind, which might be why you have a hard time finding the old brand names.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They've rebranded their consumer magazines but the new name isn't coming to mind, which might be why you have a hard time finding the old brand names.
View Quote

Okay Surefeed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-AR15-M16-M4-20-round-USGI-Aluminum-Magazine-p/sp62103.htm

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/colt/magazine-ar-15-5.56mm-20rd-gray/
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Stay away from ^^them^^ at ALL COSTS!  They took in a broken Kley-Zion barrel rod from me in May, now will not answer emails, nor phone calls.  I have contacted the US Postal Inspectors and the FTC both for mail fraud.

They are the most UN professional people I have ever dealt with.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Stay away from ^^them^^ at ALL COSTS!  They took in a broken Kley-Zion barrel rod from me in May, now will not answer emails, nor phone calls.  I have contacted the US Postal Inspectors and the FTC both for mail fraud.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are seriously the scum of the biz, that's for sure.  Somebody had to pic up the torch from Fat Bob at ASA.....this guys were definitely up to the challenge.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are seriously the scum of the biz, that's for sure.  Somebody had to pic up the torch from Fat Bob at ASA.....this guys were definitely up to the challenge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have ordered from them a few times (with caution from what I read of them), never any problems. Price was good & shipping fast. Experience must vary from person to person.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered things from them in the past, with great success even though a buddy warned me.  

This last time ... what a mess, the have my money and my part, wont communicate at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#14]
They charged my card and then I waited 4 months for them to ship. I guess I'm lucky they shipped at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I've ordered from them twice, both times went just fine. Shipping took more than a couple of weeks though.

It's worth the shot for $9 Okay mags..
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's worth the shot for $9 Okay mags..
View Quote
No it's not

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't order from those TACtical BOzos.

Because I'm a slow learner, I ordered from them twice. First time they never shipped it, contacted them, and they said "Oh, that's out of stock, the website is wrong." when I ordered via telephone. Issued a chargeback after they refused to refund me, and instead told me to wait.

Second time I thought it would have been cleaned up. So I ordered a bunch of 20rd mags back when they were legal in MD... They took my money, marked it as shipped in their system, couldn't provide tracking info for my big ol'box of mags, and then stopped responding to emails. I called, same deal, no tracking info was entered "it happens some times. Did you get the package yet? It says it should have been delivered three weeks ago sir." so after fighting them while they accused me of lying and committing mail fraud, I did another chargeback after they refused a refund.

Don't do it.

ETA: cleared up some things.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Is there anything wrong with the brownells straight 20rd mags?  Because they're under $10...
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is there anything wrong with the brownells straight 20rd mags?  Because they're under $10...
View Quote

There was a thread about them in the mag forum. Apparently some have cracked at the feedlips. I asked about it in their industry forum and was told if they have problems they will replace them.

I found this out after Id already bought 10 so I said fuck it, Ill keep them and use them for range mags.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
There was a thread about them in the mag forum. Apparently some have cracked at the feedlips. I asked about it in their industry forum and was told if they have problems they will replace them.

I found this out after Id already bought 10 so I said fuck it, Ill keep them and use them for range mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh no

Thanks for the heads up.  Is this a common issue?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh no

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/693270_List_of_Brownells_Bad_Batch_Date_Codes.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been using Brownells 20 rd mags for years and many many thousand of rounds.  Never one hiccup yet.  They are rotated but some have over 4K on them and still run like new.  Think the issue was with some of the thirty round mags not the 20's.  At least Brownells,  as stated will stand behind their products and give 100% quality customer service even if it cost them a coin or two which is a very rare thing today in America regardless of business and liability.  They are going to eventually wear out but who knows when.   Usually can't go wrong with new Colt's or NHMTG when available.

I've had much better luck with Brownells than I ever had with surplus 20 round purchases or C Products 20 rd stainless.   I log most every round I fire,  probably 98% and I've never had a C Products stainless make 1000 rds before having issues. Generally between 750-850 they start craping out and I don't drop mags or abuse them generally.   I've a few of them still mostly bought during mag shortages but I'd never buy another based simply on my lack of success using them.  Wnen they were around 500 count I raved of them.  Stainless bla! bla! then they started mucking up one after the next.  IMO  springs are Chinese junk or such,  definitely low bid.  Pay for a replacement spring and could have simply bought a decent mag to start with.

With the surplus mags in their defense most were well used (unknown probably very high rd count) when acquired and all still out lived any C Products mag I've used to date.  Is the nature of the beast.  If you shoot enough the mags are going to fail and it doesn't matter who makes them.  It's when they don't last but a couple shooting sessions before crapping out that's a little disappointing.  One generally gets what one pays for and Brownells mag for less than $10 is money well spent IMO.  I remember when they were closer to $15ea shipped.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-AR15-M16-M4-20-round-USGI-Aluminum-Magazine-p/sp62103.htm

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/colt/magazine-ar-15-5.56mm-20rd-gray/
View Quote

$20...ouch!  Just checked 44mag and their NHMTG 20s are also $20.  When did this happen?  Can't just be Hillary panic because the 30s are cheaper.  Are they being phased out by Okay or something?  Last NHMTG 20s I bought were $10, just a couple years ago at most.

I've had good luck with Brownells mags, both 20s and 30s.  Their 20s are cosmetically different than Colt/USGI, and as such won't satisfy the retro crowd too much.  But they do run, IME.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Okay's new commercial offering is called "Surefeed" and thas what's phasing out the NHMTG.

Same mag, different floorplate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Good company:

Weapons Outfitters
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#26]
was a guy on GB  squaredaway is his user name  not sure of the spelling.. but about 2 years ago he had brand new GI 20rnd mags still sealed in the foil wrappers.. i bought a bunch of them  they all had 1970 dates on the foil wrappers.. if i remember right they were 10 buks each.. and he wasn't afraid to send them to NY..
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Ive ordered from 44 mag many times they are local to me and a small business they are good to go.

As mentioned NHMTG has unfortunately been discontinued, Okay is just as good and I believe same manufacturer  as Colt and NHMTG anyway.

The one Brownells 20rd I have works well and is loaded with 69gr SMK sitting in one of my rifles right now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ive ordered from 44 mag many times they are local to me and a small business they are good to go.

As mentioned NHMTG has unfortunately been discontinued, Okay is just as good and I believe same manufacturer  as Colt and NHMTG anyway.

The one Brownells 20rd I have works well and is loaded with 69gr SMK sitting in one of my rifles right now.
View Quote

NHMTG was Okay's commercial brand name. They've discontinued that and are now selling their commercial sale mags as Okay Surefeed, marked Okay Industries.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

NHMTG was Okay's commercial brand name. They've discontinued that and are now selling their commercial sale mags as Okay Surefeed, marked Okay Industries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up I wasn't sure on the details.  

I have a few 30rd NHMTG with Magpul followers and Ranger plates they're my favorite mags.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top