BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Went looking for retro parts at the gun show today and look what followed me home. I know almost nothing about these rifles but this thread had gotten me pretty excited about them.

Came with (1) 20rd Armalite magazine, (2) 30rd IMI magazines for an AR15 but they have the right side magazine catch cutout, sling, and an Armalite marked 2.75x optic.

Can anyone shed some light on when this bad boy was manufactured? Original sling? The internals look brand new and the glass is super clear. This rifle is awesome!

How did I do?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You did excellent, it looks like new, getting the ArmaLite scope is a bonus since they rarely show up alone. The sling isn't original, should be black canvas web sling ends tabbed with two keepers, the USGI sling is still in keeping with the time period.  Original 20rd black alloy mag is correct for the Sterling AR180 . Roughly 12,000 were mfg between 1975 to 1983, based on the serial # I'll take a stab at 1979. Not connected with the seller, a few days back on EE AR15 mags a member had four Sterling parkerized steel mags listed, a 40rd and three 30rd listed for a very fair price.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Scope and rifle both appear to be in great shape. Tell us about your scope. Does it have the fine cross hair, duplex or inverted post reticle?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scope and rifle both appear to be in great shape. Tell us about your scope. Does it have the fine cross hair, duplex or inverted post reticle?
View Quote

I think that it's an inverted post reticle. The 12 o clock reticle is thicker than the rest. The base is marked Japan with No. xxxxx. The optic is marked ArmaLite 2.75x20mm. Glass is super clear. I like the see through optics mount. I can get more pictures up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You really lucked out if you have the inverted post scope. The numbered inverted post scopes were originally sold by ArmaLite with the Costa Mesa AR180 and probably into the Howa series. The first two digits of the serial number will tell what year the Hakko Japan scope was mfg, the complete scope serial number would also be of interest to us. It should also have a Japan optics inspection sticker on the underside and the range marked in meters, later versions changed to yards. I didn't see them pictured so I'll assume you didn't get the leather look black lens caps.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You really lucked out if you have the inverted post scope. The numbered inverted post scopes were originally sold by ArmaLite with the Costa Mesa AR180 and probably into the Howa series. The first two digits of the serial number will tell what year the Hakko Japan scope was mfg, the complete scope serial number would also be of interest to us. It should also have a Japan optics inspection sticker on the underside and the range marked in meters, later versions changed to yards. I didn't see them pictured so I'll assume you didn't get the leather look black lens caps.
View Quote

No. 711079

Range adjustments in yards

Has what looks like a proof mark inbetween the serial and JAPAN.

No leather scope caps and no inspection sticker.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Went looking for retro parts at the gun show today and look what followed me home. I know almost nothing about these rifles but this thread had gotten me pretty excited about them.

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s26.postimg.org/tf8mftvgp/Armalite_AR180_2.jpg</a>
View Quote

The e-clip area isn't welded around like they usually are? Is that a sterling mfg thing? Also looks like it may have suffered from wobbly trigger pins/holes someone (mfg? seems unlikely) peened around them to snug them up.

Jealous of the scope.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
KCGewehr  thanks for posting the full serial number that dates the scope to 1971 and confirming it's marked  yards not meters. A number of owners have posted the serial number on their scopes to give an idea of how many were mfg. The sticker and black leather look lens caps have gone missing on a number of the AR180 scopes so your not alone, otherwise the scope looks to be in excellent shape.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#9]
No pics of the other Sterling but I did snag a pic of the goodies that came with.

Duplex reticle scope, no serial.

Single point scope, no serial.

Original sling. I guess these are hard to find. I'd like to find out more about them. Any cleaning tips for these? Soap and water?

It also came with a 20 round steel Sterling mag. Unfortunately I also discovered the one downfall to steel mags, RUST.

I'm oiling it up and trying to rub some of the surface rust off, it's looking better already.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Came with (1) 20rd Armalite magazine, (2) 30rd IMI magazines for an AR15 but they have the right side magazine catch cutout, sling, and an Armalite marked 2.75x optic.

Can anyone shed some light on when this bad boy was manufactured? Original sling? The internals look brand new and the glass is super clear. This rifle is awesome!

How did I do?

http://s26.postimg.org/d43gmecnd/Armalite_AR180_1.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/tf8mftvgp/Armalite_AR180_2.jpg

View Quote
Beautiful "Widow maker"

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Rick the ArmaLite scope and the SinglePoint sight with the ArmaLite 1" mount look excellent. That's the correct Sterling sling, not sure if that's a rust stain on it or not, if your going to wash it I'd do the entire sling just not the stained area.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#12]
If you think it the AR180 looks great, wait till you shoot it!  You won't want to fire an AR again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]
BigRix when you get finished cleaning/oiling the 20rd Sterling mag lets see a photo of it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Some pics of the Sterling 20 rounder.

Rubbed as much as I dare with gun oil and steel wool.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Ah....    The elusive curved 20 round Sterling mag. That is a nice find.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I have a problem. But you guys can understand I'm sure.

Just picked up an AR-180B. Looks unfired as well.

I really want to turn this into a pistol/sbr on my NDS-18S lower.

Now I'm conflicted because it's so nice.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#17]
OP

Something I learned the hard way - don't allow the hammer to drop with the upper open/off or you will be looking for a new bolt catch.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The e-clip area isn't welded around like they usually are? Is that a sterling mfg thing? Also looks like it may have suffered from wobbly trigger pins/holes someone (mfg? seems unlikely) peened around them to snug them up.

Jealous of the scope.
View Quote

Took it to the range tonight and after 50 or so rounds the hammer pin started to walk out. No issue with the trigger pin. Very accurate (25yd indoor range). Noticed it got pretty warm after rapid strings of fire. No mag issues with the provided Armalite magazine. Used M193, Wolf steel, and brown bear with zero issue. The optic is clear but I don't know what increments are used for windage or elevation. I cranked the elevation clock wise until it stopped and was fine at 25yds. Some more info on the scope would be appreciated.

Sweet shooter!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked up another Sterling and it's the painted variety.

It's got a broken lower hand guard that cost me a pretty penny but it is pretty clean other than having a scope mounted and marring the finish.

Finally something I can shoot. It will be fun to compare this one to the 180Bravo.

I can tell right away that the trigger is way heavier on this one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Hello all I have an ar180 question,  I have Sterling 180 with serial starting with # 232xx  aprox when was it made, and my gun has hammer and trigger pins with locking circlips,  I don't see any others is this factory.  Please beware that the recoil spring plate locking plungers are prone to fall out never to be see again,  ask me how I know..... tx. for any info on this subject...
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't believe those hammer and trigger pins are factory.

None of the ones I own are like that but they sound like just what KCGewehr needs.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#22]
BigRix the latest "painted" Sterling looks good, the triggers were known to be on the heavier side but with more use might lighten up. KCGewehr re the 2.75x20 scope I'm having the ArmaLite scope manual copied and should have the scope manual available soon along with NOS uncirculated original AR180 manuals.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I have been doing a lot of digging through old auctions to try and piece together a small database of unique features. Along with my own guns and those that have been posted here I have determined that a change was made to the bolt hold open "Bung" in the Sterling guns.

There were three finishes during the production run, with the painted variety considered the most common, followed by the blue, then the parkerized.

I believe this may be incorrect.

A post by secondgen about this bung area is what prompted my research and this is what I have discovered.

Sterling production started at serial S15001, I have found examples from S1507XX to S19827 which are painted or parkerized and all have no welds holding the bung in place.

This one example of a parked gun I think clearly shows that the bung is brazed in place.

I have found examples of blue guns from S20151 on up and they all show that the bung is welded in place.

The conclusions I have drawn from this are twofold.  

The transition from painted to blue took place right around the 20,000 mark which means only 5,000 of the 12,000 were painted or parkerized. Leaving the blue version as the most common variety with over 7,000 produced. I believe all parked guns were made in the first 5k but I have only found one example, so my data may be flawed.

The second conclusion is that something with the blueing process required them to weld the bung in place. Is it possible the hot blue is too hot and loosened the braze? I don't know the temps that either one use so that is a WAG on my part.

I would like to ask if anyone has serial numbers between S19827 and S20151 so that we may pin down when this change over was made.

I would also like to ask if anyone would like to contribute your serial and a few details about your guns to my database, I would appreciate it and I think we can pull more info from this data.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Here are a couple numbers for your data base.  A black one S162XX without the weld
and a blued one S220XX with the weld.
I also noticed that the early Howas and Costa Mesas have the weld
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure what your calling a BUNG but I think you mean bolt hold open opening that is reinforced with a bushing, and my gun is welded in, but I also think Sterling made other changes to the hammer and trigger pins, as in  using pins that accept circlips to prevent walking out, I saw a 180 on gunbroker in the 242 range that has these clips as my gun does serial 232xx , might be a good topic to investigate,  I think only later guns had this mod as this was a problem as in migrating pins.   Now you got me wondering,  my 180 is blued.. lets keep going..
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes the bushing is what I am referring to.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes I think there are calling these pins ANTI-WALK pins may be a factory mod at the time,    Happy  VETERANS day to  the vets......
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks to ameiro's link to the Small Arms of the World I found out I got one of these with my last Sterling.

I didn't know what I had and I'm glad I didn't toss it out.

I'll get pics of mine soon.

Anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Rick I'v been watching for years and I'v never seen a sharp shooters kit show up for sale, that kit was only available with the Sterling rifles. Many years ago on the old AR180 website a member was selling reproductions made of neoprene. I'd be interested to see photos of the set you have, hopefully it wasn't used much and is still in good shape. If in the slightest doubt I found never to toss anything even if it seems trivial or bordering on junk, I keep old wrappers, boxes, paperwork, receipts.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll get some pics tomorrow. It's been messed with, unfortunately.

It's had a bunch of holes cut in it for the vent holes and some velcro stripes on the left side.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Sharpshooter Kit? Maybe?

Along with some other hard to find items I got with the gun.

Singlepoint, Sterling 20 round curved mag, Sterling sling

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Sweeeet! Too bad about the holes in the front neoprene. Love the singlepoint look on that rifle. I'd totally be in for a replica set of that kit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Rick I checked out all the photos of the Sterling AR180 and the Sharp Shooters kit that was modified with the ventilation holes and Velcro, even if not being in perfect shape it does have character from being modified and used. All the prior photos I'v seen of the kit were never as sharp and detailed as yours, it still looks very functional, with so few around in any condition you did great to get it with the Sterling. My guess is that the kit was initially designed for the Sterling AR18 military purposes and like the steel magazines later also offered to the civilian market.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Y'all better hurry, there won't be any left.

Picked up another Costa Mesa today.

Cleaner than my first one.

Inverted post marked in Meters

Pretty low number for ya Rich.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]
BigRix, the vent holes in your Sharpshooters kit are factory original. I had not seen the hole in the bottom before but every other sharpshooter kit I have seen has had the holes in the top. If the bottom hole is symetrical it is probably factory also. Congratulations! The sharpshooter kit is a relatively rare accessory for the AR-180. Great find!
  The Costa Mesa looks good too. The serial number on your scope is the earliest I have seen yet.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the info. I'm happy to hear that it's original and that make sense.  How else could the heat escape.

Now I'm hoping to stumble across one of these.

Anybody got one?

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Rick like I said all the photos of the SharpShooters kit I have seen were never detailed and I'v never seen one in person so I had no idea the holes were part of the design which makes sense for ventilation. I agree with AR-10er that 0037 is the lowest serial number so far on AR15 since members have started posting them. You made another teriific 180 purchase of an excellent+ example.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Dam , bigrix you have one great collection of 180s  I hope you save some for the rest of us, I don't see many Costa Mesa guns around  mostly Sterlings,   I had better start looking.......
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Re the early inverted post AR18/180 scopes BigRix just bested me by having the lowest #37 on AR15, I have #38. I'd be interested to hear what other members think of my take on these scopes, my "guess" is that the 1967 dated metric scopes were intended to accompany each of the first 1,000 Howa AR18 mfg in 1967, each scope was numbered to its accompanying 1,000 Howa AR18 rifle. All the 1967 scopes havn't been accounted for but so far I havn't seen the serial numbers go over 1,000 unless I missed it which is possible. ArmaLite was able to import the 1967 scopes in the late 1960s but not the Howa AR18 which was later converted to AR180 in the early 1970s. The 1967 dated metric scopes were first sold in no particular order with the Costa Mesa CA mfg AR18/180 rifles since the scopes were an optional accessory. The bulk of the scopes dated 1971 were probably sold with the Howa AR180 when they finally arrived from Japan. The scopes with no serial numbers and date are probably mostly from the Sterling period.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Everytime I click on this thread, the AR-180 keeps getting bumped up on my short list. Where are you guys finding these? I've only been looking on Gunbroker but I've never really seen what I wanted and don't know what I should be paying. Also, for some reason I want a Howa manufactured one (not sure why, but I do) and those seem to be the hardest to come by.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#41]
http://
Quoted:
Everytime I click on this thread, the AR-180 keeps getting bumped up on my short list. Where are you guys finding these? I've only been looking on Gunbroker but I've never really seen what I wanted and don't know what I should be paying. Also, for some reason I want a Howa manufactured one (not sure why, but I do) and those seem to be the hardest to come by.
View Quote

There are like 17 on Funbroker at this instant including one Howa at around $1700 which seems excessive to me, considering the a$$-backwards safety on those guns, and this Sterling at what looks like a fairly attractive price:

Bring your checkbook

There's also a 3-gun set including all three manfacturers for $4500 if you want an instant collection.  The set has been on there for a while.

Not mine; not associated with seller;  etc.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are like 17 on Funbroker at this instant including one Howa at around $1700 which seems excessive to me, considering the a$$-backwards safety on those guns, and this Sterling at what looks like a fairly attractive price:

Bring your checkbook

There's also a 3-gun set including all three manfacturers for $4500 if you want an instant collection.  The set has been on there for a while.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring your checkbook

It might be an a$$-backwards safety, but at least it rotates all the way 180 degrees- just like the AR-18.  Sterling doesn't.  Neither does Costa Mesa (AR-180's that is).
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It might be an a$$-backwards safety, but at least it rotates all the way 180 degrees- just like the AR-18.  Sterling doesn't.  Neither does Costa Mesa (AR-180's that is).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring your checkbook

I don't see any advantage to a$$-backwards 180-degree rotation for a semi-auto rifle when most folks are used to the 90-degree AR-15 rotational direction.  Perhaps you could elaborate.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
They didn't change their stamping die for the lower receiver when they converted the AR-18's they made into AR-180's.  I agree, no advantage, but they didn't design them that way.  The stops are like the AR-15 stops, at 180 degrees.  Howa just eliminated the "Auto" marking and made it read "Fire".
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sharpshooter Kit? Maybe?

Along with some other hard to find items I got with the gun.

Singlepoint, Sterling 20 round curved mag, Sterling sling

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/3D0DE639-E77B-45C1-80AF-5650515F30C1_zpsm1e0kckj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/3D0DE639-E77B-45C1-80AF-5650515F30C1_zpsm1e0kckj.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/ADB2FEED-0CE5-479C-A38C-E4A0E5EDBFDA_zpsanw0jkju.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/ADB2FEED-0CE5-479C-A38C-E4A0E5EDBFDA_zpsanw0jkju.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/20CC9612-4D89-432F-B0BE-BFDC8C2900CE_zpsnymsbktf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/20CC9612-4D89-432F-B0BE-BFDC8C2900CE_zpsnymsbktf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/541F4B11-8303-4158-A4E1-4CE9E62F5F61_zpsim6raflk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/541F4B11-8303-4158-A4E1-4CE9E62F5F61_zpsim6raflk.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/FF9E5236-1484-469E-9F31-3CF751756F2D_zps15oahhcj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/FF9E5236-1484-469E-9F31-3CF751756F2D_zps15oahhcj.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/E707159A-FD68-46DF-B142-56D74A7AE31C_zpsz4haoo5w.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/E707159A-FD68-46DF-B142-56D74A7AE31C_zpsz4haoo5w.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/B7E9A31E-EA04-4537-B199-2520BEFF96E8_zpstdxo2r16.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/B7E9A31E-EA04-4537-B199-2520BEFF96E8_zpstdxo2r16.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/DB42CF00-C714-43CB-857B-C87736C3D4F5_zpsslpmyxbw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/DB42CF00-C714-43CB-857B-C87736C3D4F5_zpsslpmyxbw.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s576.photobucket.com/user/BigRix/media/Armalite%20AR-180/B0D77289-7354-4DFD-91BB-A85C4FBE09C1_zpsokyvurzn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss208/BigRix/Armalite%20AR-180/B0D77289-7354-4DFD-91BB-A85C4FBE09C1_zpsokyvurzn.jpg</a>
View Quote

Dude - you have all the cool toys. Seriously, that's a nice, rare accessory. I've never even heard of it. Very cool.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't see any advantage to a$$-backwards 180-degree rotation for a semi-auto rifle when most folks are used to the 90-degree AR-15 rotational direction.  Perhaps you could elaborate.
View Quote

Im not using mine a a SHTF gun, I really dont mind how the safety operates.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is the one I just picked up, It's a Howa, didn't come with a scope, but came with an aftermarket mount and aftermarket 30 rd mag. I probably overpaid, but I wanted it so. damn. badly. If any of you have a factory 20rd mag for it, I'm looking to purchase one.

Has some issues I need to resolve before I shoot it though. Took it apart after the trial to see if I could find what was going on. I suspect a previous owner either had a trigger job done, or attempted to do one themself and took too much off somewhere they shouldn't have. Occasionally, if you gently lift off to reset the trigger, the hammer drops. Seems people are always complaining of how badly the triggers are on these, and this one otherwise, is very short and crisp. Are parts available for these still anywhere or through Armalite?

Also found the firing pin has these odd marks and I have no idea what could have caused them, given the location. ideas?

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Can't help with your trigger problem and those parts are next to impossible to find.

Good thing is they are steel and you could probably weld up any problem areas and re machine.

Firing pin looks like the retainer made those marks.

180B pins are available but I don't know if they are the same.

Armalite Firing Pins

My 180B upper is off being shortened otherwise I could compare them for you.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

snip

Has some issues I need to resolve before I shoot it though. Took it apart after the trial to see if I could find what was going on. I suspect a previous owner either had a trigger job done, or attempted to do one themself and took too much off somewhere they shouldn't have. Occasionally, if you gently lift off to reset the trigger, the hammer drops. Seems people are always complaining of how badly the triggers are on these, and this one otherwise, is very short and crisp. Are parts available for these still anywhere or through Armalite?

View Quote
I had that issue with mine, the sear is worn out.

I couldn't find any parts, and really wanted the rifle safe again (It will get worse) so I turned it over to the gunsmith at the range I worked at, who's had a LOT of military firearm experience, as well as fabrication on race bikes.

He cut out the sear, and welded in a new piece of steel.   I figured the piece was already junked so there was nothing to lose.    To this day the gun runs fine, and shoots GREAT.

If you (or anyone here for that matter) feel like taking the plunge I can get you guys in touch with him.

He's the only person who had the sack to weld it up, every other smith I called and talked to said no... Guy MIGHT be able to fix broken  BHO's too.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the input, I'll call up armalite next week and see if they can confirm the firing pin.

I've got a few ideas for the sear/trigger. At least I know it not just mine that's done it.
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top