Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 5:24:39 PM EDT
I'm in the early stages in building my first AR pistol. 7.5" Accurate Armory barrel w/ 10" Samson Evolution rail and Noveske Pig. I have a lower already built but with standard LPK. What triggers are you guys using in your builds?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have milspec, Jard, and Geissele FCGs.  I prefer the Jard and Geissele...
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a SSA in a 14.5 build that I have. I have heard good things about the ALG triggers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What triggers are you guys using in your builds?
View Quote

I put in the ALG QMS AR-15 Trigger Set - for $45 it's an incredible deal IMO.  NOT a drop-in module, and it's NOT a target trigger - mine measures 6.5-7lbs, but it's staggeringly smooth and crisp.  My buddy's stock LPK trigger measures lower weight (5.5-6) but we both swore up and down that mine was lighter until we measured them.  So the feel is great, the weight is to my mind nearly perfect for a pistol.

You might also check out the POF drop-in module - JoeBob's and PrimaryArms both had them recently for $170 - which includes a set of KNS anti-rotation pins ($30 separately).  That's supposed to be more like a 4-4.5lb trigger if you're after more of a target trigger.

HTH,
Richard
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
SSA-E
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the ACT'S myself...

ACT w/ JP yellow springs in one of my new handguns

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a SSA in a 14.5 build that I have. I have heard good things about the ALG triggers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Accuracy Speaks (3.5lbs), Geissele SSA (4.5lbs), and PSA mil spec with lightened springs and hammer (4.0lbs).

The PSA took some work to make a "speed hammer" out of the standard item, but it ended up damn good a $35 trigger. Wouldn't use such a thing on anything serious, though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I've become partial to the ALG combat trigger. VERY good trigger for the price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
CMC drop in 3.5lb. Like butter.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Lot's of choices out there I know. I haven't decided as of yet. Not really looking for a target trigger. I might stay with the SSA or the ALG ACT. Thanks for all the replies. Big difference in the prices too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a spikes battle trigger but I prefer the g2s in my m4
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a RR 2 stage, Geissele S2S, SD3G, SSA-E, JARD adjustable and a bunch of stock triggers.  I really want to try an AR-Gold.  They have .03 reset so they should be a lot of fun.

The real question is what do you want your trigger to feel like?

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#12]
ALG ACT with supplied springs in my non-precision builds, ALG ACT with JP red springs for a 4# trigger for my wanna be SAPR.   I find the trigger very smooth on each of them and the SAPR will shoot 3/4 MOA for me with reloads (non-free floated mind you). Would a $200 trigger help me personally?  Maybe, maybe not, but $200 is 3 ACT triggers which helps 3 systems versus having one system that probably would end up shooting better than I can so what's the point.  

If I had the money though... for a 3 gun set up I wouldn't mind a CMC or Timney trigger.

But for less specialized needs I'd rather have something in everything I can have spare parts for or mix and match parts if needed to keep something running.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Geissele SSA-E in the 6921 SOCOM, the 6940 and the A4
Geissele SSA in the 14.5 HD
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

^--- these are on my "to buy list"
Pretty Flat Bow Trigger.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
There are pretty much 2 price points.
$45 ALG genre

$150-$250 genre
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

How was the fit?  I've only seen them in pictures, but the sideplates look like sheet metal where Timney, Wilson, POF look a lot more substantial.  That gave me pause quite honestly.

With that said, I probably won't do another Timney - whether the module or my receiver, I had a helluva time "dropping" it in  Then the whole double set screw bit was just more than I cared for.  </FirstWorldProblems>
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Fwiw, my CMC 3.5lb flat blade fit absolutely perfect. Dropped right in with zero lateral movement. Took about 3 minutes total to do the whole thing. And 2 of that was f'n with the little clips. Zero takeup or creep. Light and clean break. I couldn't be happier. Mine was $145 on sale.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How was the fit?  I've only seen them in pictures, but the sideplates look like sheet metal where Timney, Wilson, POF look a lot more substantial.  That gave me pause quite honestly.

With that said, I probably won't do another Timney - whether the module or my receiver, I had a helluva time "dropping" it in  Then the whole double set screw bit was just more than I cared for.  </FirstWorldProblems>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fit was perfect.  In an Aero Precision lower.  We're seriously talking about less than 2 minutes to "drop in" and set the pins.  I only use KNS pins as well.. Also made that super simple.  

The entire drop in unit is solid... Side plates too. Trigger pull is incredibly smooth.  I've never tried a Timney and quite frankly have no desire to after running with the CMC.

YES they're $160...  However buy once cry once right?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pretty Flat Bow Trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty Flat Bow Trigger.

Fulfill that list!  It's awesome!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#20]
RRA 2 stage National Match with reduced effort trigger spring.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The fit was perfect.  In an Aero Precision lower.  We're seriously talking about less than 2 minutes to "drop in" and set the pins.  I only use KNS pins as well.. Also made that super simple.  

The entire drop in unit is solid... Side plates too. Trigger pull is incredibly smooth.  I've never tried a Timney and quite frankly have no desire to after running with the CMC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want that dam trigger.
They were on sale at PA and missed it but i'll get it the next go around.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I have an SSA ... amazing trigger
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I have 5 Wilson TTU triggers and love them.  I also have 1 ALG defense that I bought for my home defense rifle that I keep "bedside".  
Its great trigger as well and its better suited for home defense that the "crispy" Wilson TTU's.  Accuracy and crispness don't really
apply to a self defense situation.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I only run Cmc on builds now. Still have some guns with milspec triggers but I've fallen in love with the Cmc 3.5 flat

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:30:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I only run Cmc on builds now. Still have some guns with milspec triggers but I've fallen in love with the Cmc 3.5 flat

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140407_184808_RichtoneHDR_zpsdmlgwkre.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140407_184808_RichtoneHDR_zpsdmlgwkre.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131230_213253_RichtoneHDR_zpsajfoktpl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20131230_213253_RichtoneHDR_zpsajfoktpl.jpg</a>
View Quote

How well does it cycle with that buffer? I am running one on a 16" mid length upper. Every 5-6th shots when I start ripping it jam. It's always well lubed I use fireclean on it. I have completely rebuilt my bolt I hopes to fix it. The only thing I can think of now is the buffer isn't capable of handling the fire rate I am laying down. Currently I am putting my lower together for my pistol. I really want to run another CMC in it just scared history will repeat itself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:40:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How well does it cycle with that buffer? I am running one on a 16" mid length upper. Every 5-6th shots when I start ripping it jam. It's always well lubed I use fireclean on it. I have completely rebuilt my bolt I hopes to fix it. The only thing I can think of now is the buffer isn't capable of handling the fire rate I am laying down. Currently I am putting my lower together for my pistol. I really want to run another CMC in it just scared history will repeat itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140407_184808_RichtoneHDR_zpsdmlgwkre.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140407_184808_RichtoneHDR_zpsdmlgwkre.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131230_213253_RichtoneHDR_zpsajfoktpl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20131230_213253_RichtoneHDR_zpsajfoktpl.jpg</a>

Describe the jam.  Are you getting hammer follow?  Is it failing to load or eject?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Two Jard triggers and the rest are worked over stock triggers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
JARD adjustables or non adjustable?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#31]
the hyperfire looks nice. I tried one at the shop and quick reset and light pull
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I am running AR-Gold and Geissele SD3G triggers. There is a thread in GD asking Geissele to build a new trigger with an SSA type action and flip your selector to get a 3G type super fast reset action...

The thread:
NSFW, maybe... THREAD HERE
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I use the non-adjustables, as the adjustables are a pita...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1.. love the CMC trigger in my pistol. Very short, smooth as glass and very predictable
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a bit of work setting the adjustable.  I've got the 2lb spring in mine and its too light, I need to order a heavier spring.  On the other hand they can be setup with a super short reset.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a few update triggers running, but generally try to avoid them if possible since they can quickly bring performance down if misused and are easily overlooked when diagnosing issues.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top