Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 28
Posted: 4/8/2014 7:49:43 PM EDT
Some people have asked Bill Geissele about the possibility of engineering a trigger similar to the TacCon trigger, i.e. selectable where semi would be a two stage like the SSA and auto would be a very light single stage like the 3 gun trigger.  See the thread discussing it here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_444/243034_Question_for_Geissele___This_trigger_design_would_be_awesome.html

Mr Geissele has questioned if there would even be a market for such a trigger.  Please vote "Yes" if you would buy and "No" if you would not.  For the sake of discussion assume the trigger would cost approximately $500.

ETA 4/9/14 @ 1345

Mr. Geissele has answered in this thread and estimated a rough cost if enough units were sold (all hypothetical of course!)

ASSUME A COST OF $325 EACH, NOT $500.

At the time of this edit the poll read:

Yes:  264   71.7%
No:    104   28.3%

ETA 2  4/9/14 @ 1925 Awesome video of SD3G capability.

ETA 3 BIG OL' TITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!  

http://geissele.com/

April Fools.  Now Bill needs encouragement.  

FTBATFE

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
SSA/S3G two-in-one combo unit?

You bet your ass I would buy that!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Full auto and anything simulating full auto is more of a novelty than actually something being useful to me. Hell no for $500.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
yes
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Not at $500.  $300 maybe.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. Full auto and anything simulating full auto is more of a novelty than actually something being useful to me. Hell no for $500.
View Quote

I believe the idea is to use the "auto" position of the selector to select the single stage trigger, not put the gun in full auto.

Seems like a neat idea.  $500 seems steep though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dear Sissy,

Not simulated full auto, two trigger functions in one gun, depending on the need at the time.  

Thanks Sissy

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe the idea is to use the "auto" position of the selector to select the single stage trigger, not put the gun in full auto.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Hells yes.  Id buy a few for sure.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell no. Fancy triggers are for sissies.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes but not for $500. It's a tiny piece of metal with springs... there's no reason it should cost that much. It's what... MAYBE $20 in materials?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Only if a bunch of shills show up pushing the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes but not for $500. It's a tiny piece of metal with springs... there's no reason it should cost that much. It's what... MAYBE $20 in materials?
View Quote

And maybe another $20 in R&D and engineering. Pfft!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like an awesome idea. I wouldn't pay $500 though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some people have asked Bill Geissele about the possibility of engineering a trigger similar to the TacCon trigger, i.e. selectable where semi would be a two stage like the SSA and auto would be a very light single stage like the 3 gun trigger.  See the thread discussing it here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_444/243034_Question_for_Geissele___This_trigger_design_would_be_awesome.html

Mr Geissele has questioned if there would even be a market for such a trigger.  Please vote "Yes" if you would buy and "No" if you would not.  For the sake of discussion assume the trigger would cost approximately $500.

View Quote

Fuck yes.  I actually bought 2 Aero lowers with the 3rd selector mark in anticipation of the Tac Con trigger.  Reviews were lousy enough that I figured I'd wait until a real deal pops up on EE to grab one and try it.

If Geissele made one, I'd buy two.  Tell  him I want to know where to pre order.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then you  build one.  Be sure to make a thread on it too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]
If geissele made it and it's as good as their other stuff, I'd gladly pay $500. They'd have to make it work with a battle arms safety though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And about $20 in equipment...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Would you buy one if its 2 stage/1 stage or like the TacCon?

BTW-the $500 is out unless the trigger was way, way complicated.  No way I can see it being that much unless volumes are really low.  More like $325ish
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yes.  I actually bought 2 Aero lowers with the 3rd selector mark in anticipation of the Tac Con trigger.  Reviews were lousy enough that I figured I'd wait until a real deal pops up on EE to grab one and try it.

If Geissele made one, I'd buy two.  Tell  him I want to know where to pre order.

BTW-the $500 is out unless the trigger was way, way complicated.  No way I can see it being that much unless volumes are really low.  More like $325ish

Do it G. DO IT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$325 for one of your triggers that has built in bump fire functionality and uses all 3 selector switch positions?? As long as it works like a SSA-E or SD3G in true semi mode and can handle hard primers, that is basically my dream trigger. $325 is a damned bargain.

Sign me up for two. Right now. Take my money.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand the costs other than materials are the reason why it is so expensive. I just cant justify paying $500 for a piece of metal with springs, that's all. $100 sure. $500 ... absolutely not.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll race you to preorder them.

Hell, for <$350 I'd standardize all of my guns on them. Geissele sweetness on semi, shit eating grin fun on pseudo-full. All the joy of a slide fire without the hideous stock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK, I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Well if it works LIKE the tac-con . . . . . . . .

Several tests I've seen you can shoot faster & consistently faster with several other triggers, at about half the price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#27]
It would be something I'd wish I had a spare $500 for.  It's an intriguing idea, and he's the right guy to do it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well if it works LIKE the tac-con . . . . . . . .

Several tests I've seen you can shoot faster & consistently faster with several other triggers, at about half the price.
View Quote

And I bet those companies had similar equipment, engineering and R&D costs... But they don't cost $500.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Send me one for evaluation please.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally would like the semi mode to be a more precision oriented setting so 2 stage SSA-E like, then the third position be a single stage for faster shooting.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I understand the costs other than materials are the reason why it is so expensive. I just cant justify paying $500 for a piece of metal with springs, that's all. $100 sure. $500 ... absolutely not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like your out then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#34]
In a heart beat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes to this! Make them super dynamic and we're golden.
Daniel
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#36]
SSA and switch to S3G I'm in!

I also have made a similar thread about this in the Geissele industry forum. I seen the tac-con was what seems to be a failure. So I was hoping that maybe Geissele would produce something that functions properly. It would be a basic necessity in all my rifles.

Please, please do it. I think it would become a big seller. Some of those who say not interested would change their minds after seeing demonstrations.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#37]
With the flat bow please
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes and make an SD version!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#39]

$31,000.00 worth of triggers would have sold in the last 40 minutes...imagine if they were cheaper than $500 and over time...

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#40]
SSA-E and an S3G with a flick of the safety?  Yeah I would do that at 325.00 in a heart beat
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#41]
We could all skip arm and arm at the shooting range with our new triggers to Mary Hopkin.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not the cost of materials, it's the cost of the genius to design it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I would buy either an SSA/SD3G or an SSA/bump fire simulator. I'd sell an upper if I had to, that would be on its way ASAP. Please make that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Do it G!  I'd definitely be in for a few.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I personally would like the semi mode to be a more precision oriented setting so 2 stage SSA-E like, then the third position be a single stage for faster shooting.
View Quote

Make it like this and I'm down for 2.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#49]
after what they did for a member and his family here?  yes.  yes i would.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Only reason you'd need a really high end trigger is for precision work at distance. You don't particularly notice the grit and grind when you're putting pairs in center mass at fifteen yards, especially not if you're wearing gloves. Those $300 triggers may feel nice, might even shrink your groups by a quarter inch at a hundred yards, but that's over half the price of an Aimpoint. No, thank you.

I prefer the thousand-round trigger job, myself. Nice, smooth and predictable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top