Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Log In

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 10/6/2008 5:33:59 PM EST
Is there an end cap for the pistol buffer tubes that cover the metal end with the threaded hole? Am I the only one that this bugs? If there is a product or of anyone has an idea pleas lmk!

Link Posted: 10/7/2008 7:27:42 AM EST

I borrowed this pic from ‘DOE’ here on ar15.com. You can see more pics on this page.

Evidently this rubber cap is a rubber foot for a cane. Supposedly one can also run to Lowes, Home Depot, etc… and pic up ‘rubber replacement feet for furniture’ which come in different colors.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 7:29:55 AM EST
I work right next to a medical supply store so I stopped in to check out the rubber part for a cane. They all appeared to have too small of an ID (inner diameter). I did not take accurate measurements, but it just looked way to small

Anyhow I'm gonna check out the rubber feet for furniture.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 11:44:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2008 11:46:18 AM EST by DOE]
The diameter for a snug fit for a M1 sales pistol buffer tube is 1 1/4" or 28mm. Some of the cane tips cover the complete cane diameter, others just cover the attachment point (wooden knob) and is smaller than the diameter of the cane.

ETA: You can pick it up at ACE hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Wal Mart, or any hardware type store.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 3:37:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2008 3:38:47 PM EST by tomesd]
I went to Lowes today and looked at the cane tips but was not satisfied with what I saw until I ran across the variable depth push fasteners. I guess they are used in the automotive industry- I bought the one listed for Chrysler. I had to do some trimming on the bottom but after that it screwed right in the threads at the end of the ACE pistol stock. The look is very clean- I am happy with it!

Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 10/7/2008 4:19:57 PM EST
That looks REAL slick!

I don't have a buffer tube with a hole in it, but if I did I'd do what you did

Link Posted: 10/7/2008 10:41:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 11:48:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By RandyStacyE:

I don't have a buffer tube with a hole in it, but if I did I'd do what you did

Top Top