Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both- got the SLR because of the variety of lengths they have it's nice
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
SLR Has awesome customer service  I had an issue back when gen -1's were out and they were great to deal with. However I currently sold the upper that had the SLR rail because I have moved onto SBR's. I have an MK8 now but do miss the lightweightness of the SLR may build another since G doesn't make a 11" rail. But the ruggedness of the G rail is hard for me to get into building something else. Unless I get a free SLR rail ha.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious, why isn't Daniel Defenses rail on this list? Seems every bit as durable and costs the same. And how do you guys think ALG stacks against these 3?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Geissele and Daniel Defense your paying for the name. I have a couple SLR's and their fit and finish is flawless. As for durability I might not put my ultralight slr helix (13.7" is only 8.6 oz with hardware and barrel nut) against them, but my SLR Ion Light all day long and they are priced a good few pennies less. Over the years I learned that on certain things paying for a name means squat. I am not condoning paying for bottom of the barrel. But don't spend the change for just a name. There is plenty of quality out there without the yuppie/gottta have contractor B.S.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I payed 180.00 for my Geiselle( 225.00 on sale sold the gas block for 45.00) And 220 for my SLR at the time? The prices are very close.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top