BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Still loving mine.   The light reset is a bit odd, but you just can't argue with the results.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We argued about that reset ... in the end we decided if it got any louder it would draw fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still loving mine.   The light reset is a bit odd, but you just can't argue with the results.

We argued about that reset ... in the end we decided if it got any louder it would draw fire.

That's funny right there.

BC, did you try the heavy spring?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
318440 here, anxiously waiting to finish my first Grendel, also very much looking forward to chicken covered in dillo dust again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just put my order in for one tonight.  I've gotta find out what all the buzz is about.  Was always pleased with my Larue mounts I used on my ACOG's.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the 7-days-a-week daily new MBT orders would stop ... we'd get caught up.
View Quote

You're crying all the way to the bank....I would too

Apparently RRA 2 stage triggers are in high demand cause nobody has them in stock. So me, a capitalist at heart, have been selling mine on an undisclosed auction site for $125+ (good since I only paid 75 each for them) will have some $  to try this trigger out. Order being placed today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
3173xx just shipped!  Here we go!  I guess this means its time time to order another?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
316531 Shipped yesterday. Received today.

This one is a gift, so I can't open it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:33:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

316531 Shipped yesterday. Received today.

This one is a gift, so I can't open it.

View Quote

[Forrest Gump] "I got you some chocolate... I ate some."

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#10]
It a moment of stupidity I left my MBT hat a a local restaurant one day.  It was difficult explaining to my wife why that particular LaRue hat was was more significant than the several other ones

I have.  When I finally explained to her the only way for me to get another one was to purchase another trigger, (I have two triggers but only got one hat so far) she left and returned with my

hat in tow. (I'm still gonna get some more triggers as soon as a flat one comes out.)

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Speaking of the flat ones. Any word on a release date yet?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Mark, any updates on whether or not you would be doing a limited edition MBT in pink?  I know the question has been raised and was just curious as I would be in for one for my wife.  Also, I must say a thank you for doing the few for those who inquired.  You and your company always seem to be going to the next level......
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeppers we will, but not before getting caught up.

You should see the hell I've caught so far for "my stupid dog trick" , the "if you can wait price" idea.

ML

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark, any updates on whether or not you would be doing a limited edition MBT in pink?  I know the question has been raised and was just curious as I would be in for one for my wife.  Also, I must say a thank you for doing the few for those who inquired.  You and your company always seem to be going to the next level......

You should see the hell I've caught so far for "my stupid dog trick" , the "if you can wait price" idea.

ML

A mile high pile of orders isn't the worst hell I've heard of
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ML

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ML

I'll keep my eyes open for this, appreciate that you are doing this eventually.  Once they are out, my wife will have thus to go with the pink hat we received two weeks ago from you.  

That's funny, but it has created more orders than you can imagine which in turn is flooding the market and gaining serious ground on your fellow trigger makers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ironic too, cause when one unnamed trigger maker's triggers were breaking left and right,  I offered to fly in on my dime to assist and offer my expertise, but I got back a decline coupled with a  "But Mark, you don't understand."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ML

I'll keep my eyes for this, appreciate that you are doing this eventually.  

That's funny, but it has created more orders than you can imagine which in turn is flooding the market and gaining serious ground on your fellow trigger makers.

Ironic too, cause when one unnamed trigger maker's triggers were breaking left and right,  I offered to fly in on my dime to assist and offer my expertise, but I got back a decline coupled with a  "But Mark, you don't understand."

Hmmmmm, boy were they dead wrong, oh well.....l do know after I get my taxes back I'll be buying one to go into my next AR unless I get one of your complete rifles.  .300BO......nudge nudge.

I will admit that I do have said unarmed triggers if I am thinking I know who you are referring too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I just received mine, it shipped in about 8 weeks . I wasn't in a rush but what I wasn't expecting was the size of the package I received . I only ordered a trigger, the box seemed a little large. Once I opened it I realized why . I've never ordered anything directly from Larue but have owned a few mounts acquired from the EE . You guys go above and beyond and I just want to say thank you and I can't wait to try out the dillo dust. When the wife isn't looking I think I'll be ordering another trigger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Weight is pretty much identical to the SSA/SD-C.  The actual break is a bit more crisp, IMO it pops a little more like the high speed series, but with the heavier weight of the SSA. (This is with the standard spring, not the heavier spring.)  

The SSA/SSA-E has a bit more drag to the second stage, whereas the MBT builds and pops over very quickly.

FWIW, I have several MBT's along with a Geissele S2S, SD-C, B-GRF, and High Speed Match.

Here are the graphs from Mark's testing of the MBT back to back with the SSA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/Page2_zpspypqihcb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/Page1_zpsbqw1tnjr.jpg
Here is Geissele's graph of the high speed series.

http://i.imgur.com/gt76U.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like a no bullshit comparison to a similar Geissele model, please
Weight is pretty much identical to the SSA/SD-C.  The actual break is a bit more crisp, IMO it pops a little more like the high speed series, but with the heavier weight of the SSA. (This is with the standard spring, not the heavier spring.)  

The SSA/SSA-E has a bit more drag to the second stage, whereas the MBT builds and pops over very quickly.

FWIW, I have several MBT's along with a Geissele S2S, SD-C, B-GRF, and High Speed Match.

Here are the graphs from Mark's testing of the MBT back to back with the SSA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/Page2_zpspypqihcb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/Page1_zpsbqw1tnjr.jpg
Here is Geissele's graph of the high speed series.

http://i.imgur.com/gt76U.jpg

That graph just sold me

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ML

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ML

Sorry Mark's employees.  Just ordered another one!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Thinking about ordering one to compare to my three Geissele's. I'm gonna have to skip the "I can wait" pricing, though. I'm not waiting 12 weeks when I can have it in one. Yes, I'm impatient when it comes to waiting for AR parts to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The status of your order (318086) at Larue Tactical has been changed to "completed".
To view your updated order, please click your order number above.
Thanks again,
LaRue Tactical
The Dead Center of Precision
View Quote

Celebratory post!  Also an update on where orders are for others
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Mark,

Now might be a bad time to ask, but are the MBT flat triggers anywhere on the near horizon.  I've already got an order in for MBT #4 and am debating on #5.  Really wanting to try a flat trigger.  
If it's a few months out, I'll wait for them to come online.  If it's next year, I'll probably just go ahead and pile on in the order craze again and then pick up a flat trigger from you later.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey Mark,

Now might be a bad time to ask, but are the MBT flat triggers anywhere on the near horizon.  I've already got an order in for MBT #4 and am debating on #5.  Really wanting to try a flat trigger.  
If it's a few months out, I'll wait for them to come online.  If it's next year, I'll probably just go ahead and pile on in the order craze again and then pick up a flat trigger from you later.  
View Quote

I want a LT variant of the S3G or SD3G trigger.  You could buy number #5 keep it on hand and if they come out with a flat you could sell the #5 to fund the flat.  I would buy it from you for half price of what you ...... you know because it is "used"
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi, first post here.

I ordered one on 2/15 and it arrived today.  I'll put it in my MCX this weekend.  An interesting bit of odds and ends to be sure.  I like the "entry tool" and will use the rub this weekend
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I ordered mine Mid-February and received it Tuesday.  I do like the feel of the wider bow compared to my SSA-E and the trigger has an excellent, crisp feel to it. Considering all the hubbub about hammer spring strength when the MBT was released, my MBT hammer spring is stiffer than my SSA-E hammer spring .

I need to get on ordering another on for my 6.5 Creedmoor build

Mark, I know y'all are assholes and elbows right now trying to get caught up with orders right now, but are there plans on a lighter pull weight version? You could have:

5 lb:     MBT- Texas Spec

3.5 lb:   MBT - Austin Precision (or just Precision)

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Just received my second trigger...I will be ordering a third next week.  Very nice and if you are not in a hurry...heck of a deal
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered 4.  Too many problems with my Rise triggers -- time for something reliable.  The others will get sold with builds around election time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Shot mine yesterday...fantastic! 20 & 40 rds of Wolf Gold from 100yd on a windy Sat morning. A great trigger definitely makes it easier and more enjoyable! That's a 6" sticker, so the majority were hitting in about 3".

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just ordered 4.  Too many problems with my Rise triggers -- time for something reliable.  The others will get sold with builds around election time.
View Quote
What issues have you experienced with Rise?

I've had ignition problems in my .308. I also had one start dropping the hammer when I released the trigger, I had to adjust the disconnector.

I wouldn't use one in a serious build though they feel nice for the money.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've had ignition problems in my .308. I also had one start dropping the hammer when I released the trigger, I had to adjust the disconnector.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought 3.  2 started failing to reset, one started firing on reset, like yours.  I was able to fix the ones that weren't resetting by adjusting the set screw and using red loc-tite on it (it appears the problem was caused by the set screw loosening on its own), but wasn't able to fix the one that fires on reset.  The fact that all 3 of the triggers had problems does not inspire confidence.  A friend who has one of their triggers also had the same thing happen with it failing to reset.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Have you disassembled the rise that fires on release?

The front of the disconnector has a nub that controls how far forward disconnector can pivot. You can file it slightly to get more disconnector engagement.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Got my LaRue trigger, haven't had a chance to install it yet.
Going to throw it into my BCM SBR.
Was hoping for a hat, got a battle mixer - will not be deterred, going to wear the battle mixer on my head.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Was hoping for a hat, got a battle mixer - will not be deterred, going to wear the battle mixer on my head.
View Quote

Yeah, no cap but I did get a chance to put it in and it feels great.  The function-check was a success for the MBT and the entry tool :)

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, no cap but I did get a chance to put it in and it feels great.  The function-check was a success for the MBT and the entry tool :)

<a href="http://s778.photobucket.com/user/cdavis211/media/MCX%20MBT_zpsi7yzngla.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/cdavis211/MCX%20MBT_zpsi7yzngla.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s778.photobucket.com/user/cdavis211/media/MCX%20MBT_zpsi7yzngla.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/cdavis211/MCX%20MBT_zpsi7yzngla.jpg</a>

MXC looks great.
Nice beer choice too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I got my MBT!  Ordered on 2/18, delivered 15 mins ago and now installed.   It feels great.  Well done Mark and Larue.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I got my MBT!  Ordered on 2/18, delivered 15 mins ago and now installed.   It feels great.  Well done Mark and Larue.
View Quote

So 2 months and change seems to be the wait time give or take a little. Not bad
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine is still in the can. I need to put it in something to see if I like it better than my G2S units.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I got my shipping notice today. I can't wait to get it in my SBR.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Just installed my MBT which was ordered on 2/13 and received a few days ago. My initial thoughts are I'm very impressed and want another. It has a very good feel to it with a very clean and crisp break. I really dig it and for the $125 price it's a steal.....
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]
I installed mine in an unfinished ar10 project last night.

Compared to the G2S, because thats what we all really want to know, right?:

Shoe - LaRue. I like this shoe alot. It was the first thing I noticed. "Oh, hell. Thats nice"

Machining - LaRue. Put them side by side. Duh.

Takeup - Holy crap Larue. This is probably the best takeup (1st stage) Ive ever seen.

Break feel - Larue is sharper. G2S seemed softer. Preference thing. I think I prefer Larue.

Break weight -Similar. Slight edge to G2S. I wish the MBT was more like 4 pounds. In actuality, theyre probably very similar, but the larue feels heavier and more milspec like while the g2s feels lighter and more target like.

Reset - LaRue. The reset is shaper and crisper in the MBT. The re-take up to follow up break is a part of the reset cycle, and this clearly goes to the MBT on take up alone. Reset doesnt matter as much in a 2s trigger as it does in a 1s. (Imo)

Buying experience - Draw. Geissele wins out on delivery time. But the included stuff in the box with the LaRue was the showstopper. The armadilllo tool is cool. So is the paint can thing. But the one that got me was the three pocket constitutions. Seriously. They are probably a dime a piece but thats the coolest thing I've ever had tossed into a gun parts box. My wife just grinned and said, oh I like this company.

Price and how it's presented - LaRue. The 125.00 is it. And the explanation why.

Full disclosure - I own a G2S, and a couple other 1s triggers like cmc, BRO. I really like my Black Rain.
On the Geissele vs LaRue thing. I've bought 3 products from Geissele. One from LaRue. I still think Geissele makes the best rail in the SMR. I no longer think they make the best 2S trigger.

Would I trade my remaining g2s for a LaRue if offered one? I don't know. Maybe. I still like the g2s. And no one has offered me that trade. My g2s has only been around since december, so.....

But if I wanted another 2$s trigger and didnt need it now I'd buy the larue.

One thing - can we get Velcro patches in the swag? My rifle bag needs a larue patch now :)

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#46]

I installed another one yesterday.  These triggers are a super good deal for $125.

This time I put one in my 6.5 Creedmoor build.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I scored a brand new MBT off the EE for $125 SHIPPED, and I won't have to wait but a few days to get it. Beat that, Mark!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I scored a brand new MBT off the EE for $125 SHIPPED, and I won't have to wait but a few days to get it. Beat that, Mark!
View Quote

Is that the one Hickok45 tried to get the grittiness out of with a dremel?  
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I installed another one yesterday.  These triggers are a super good deal for $125.

This time I put one in my 6.5 Creedmoor build.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=87958

View Quote

boy have times changed. People buying LaRue Triggers and Geiselle mounts.
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top