AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 957 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
FYI - I just spoke to Daniel Defense and the guy there said, as far as he knows, all of the Socom barrels have a .071 gas port no matter when manufactured.
View Quote
I bought one of the SOCOM uppers from brownells back in late 2016 and it seems pretty over gassed. Ejection at 2:00 unsuppressed and 1:00 suppressed. Plenty of gas in the face. This is with an H3 buffer too. I did just buy another one last month with an inspection date of October 2017 so i guess I'll find out if there's a difference when get a chance to shoot it
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

Really? I've always found that vert grips (held like an AFG) work better on short and light guns, and actual AFG's work better on long and heavy guns.
View Quote
Absofuckinglutely.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Really? I've always found that vert grips (held like an AFG) work better on short and light guns, and actual AFG's work better on long and heavy guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Im with you there man. Waste for sure. Which is why I also stick with the B5 grip stop and the AFG. Both of those give me a solid purchase on a Mk18 RIS II anyways so there's no need to bother with a 10.3 pin/weld. I just stick with vert grips on longer/heavier guns.
I should add my only current long guns are/were ones with an M4 RAS. That's why.

On my block II 14.5s, the AFG was nice. But not on a long gun with M4 RAS
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By krdt:

All of the "SOCOM" labeled DD Mk18 uppers should be .070, but you could confirm that with DD. Popping the block to measure is the only way to be 100% sure without shooting it. If it's the old .080+ port, you should be able to tell pretty quickly just by how it behaves when shooting.

ETA: Top o' the page. Came across these the other day that I took while painting the NQR Mod 0 (NQR as in Not Quite Right).

All the supplies necessary for a proper rattle can job: parts, paint and single malt scotch.
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/paint/mod0.paint-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/paint/mod0.paint-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/paint/mod0.paint-04.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/paint/mod0.paint-08.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/paint/mod0.paint-11.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/paint/mod0.paint-14.jpg

And a little more current:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/Mk18.All.The.Paint.jpg
View Quote
Cool. Looks good
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone confirm if the Surefire UE pressure switch tailcap is compatible with the m300c 500lumen weaponlight?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By prodigy808:
Can anyone confirm if the Surefire UE pressure switch tailcap is compatible with the m300c 500lumen weaponlight?
View Quote
UE is the one you want for a scout light, m300c included.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ninjasteezify:

I bought one of the SOCOM uppers from brownells back in late 2016 and it seems pretty over gassed. Ejection at 2:00 unsuppressed and 1:00 suppressed. Plenty of gas in the face. This is with an H3 buffer too. I did just buy another one last month with an inspection date of October 2017 so i guess I'll find out if there's a difference when get a chance to shoot it
View Quote
Just called them again, talked to a different technical phone person, and she said if it has an inspection date prior to June 2017 then it wouldn’t have the smaller gas port.

Well, this is fun.  I’ll just shoot it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#8]
Just called them again, talked to a different technical phone person, and she said if it has an inspection date prior to June 2017 then it wouldn’t have the smaller gas port.

View All Quotes

I would seriously just either get one of those gas port shrink fitting dealio's, or an adjustable gas block that will fit under a Mk18 RIS II.

Or you could try to get it exchanged. Tell them its unfired and you don't want their gaping ass gas port? Its worth a try
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dudemanbro:

UE is the one you want for a scout light, m300c included.
View Quote
Ok awesome. Thank you. I’ve read that the newer m300c 500lumen light has a new release body supposedly and the UE tailcap is not compatible which sucks because I got mine with only the clicky tailcap that comes with it. Thanks again
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:

Not sure if you're referring to the "regular" KAK tube or their Super Sig, but here is a picture of the APF vs regular KAK and some measurements.  As you can see, the APF extends to the end of the SBM4. The tube was specifically designed to fit the SBM4 and has a shoulder to maintain a decent LOP.

APF/SBM4
View Quote
Thank's for that, I'm going to place an order for one of the APF tube's then. I have the regular KAK and the LOP on it is extremely short, barely half the stock sits on the tube for where I like it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]

I would seriously just either get one of those gas port shrink fitting dealio's, or an adjustable gas block that will fit under a Mk18 RIS II.

Or you could try to get it exchanged. Tell them its unfired and you don't want their gaping ass gas port? Its worth a try
View Quote
I used a black river tactical gas insert in a 10.3 and it worked fine.

i was a Dumbass and didn't specify the port size to adco so they opened it HUGE, I could fit a 3/32 punch in that bitch easily.

the insert worked great but at the end of the day it bothered me, so did the DD barrel. I got a colt barrel in the mail from adco right now coming back from adco.

also got an m300v, it kicks the shit out of the atpial c illuminator.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
also got an m300v, it kicks the shit out of the atpial c illuminator.
View Quote
In all fairness, ANYTHING kicks the shit out of an atpial-c illuminator, lol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]

In all fairness, ANYTHING kicks the shit out of an atpial-c illuminator, lol.
View Quote
Very true. Even the vampire leaves some to be desired. If only the mawl wasn't expensive and the d2 wasn't a pig. I think about picking up a full power from time to time but I really don't need that much for the shooting I do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By prodigy808:

Ok awesome. Thank you. I’ve read that the newer m300c 500lumen light has a new release body supposedly and the UE tailcap is not compatible which sucks because I got mine with only the clicky tailcap that comes with it. Thanks again
View Quote
No worries, you should be fine.  I pulled the clicky tailcap off of mine (new m300c) and threw on a UE tailcap and it's worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The UE- SR07-TN cap/switch I ordered from Optics Planet came in today and it works perfectly with my tan 500 lumen. Nothing changed on the M300C body between the 300 lumen and 500 lumen that I can see - they even use the same KE1F head, just with some tweaks to get more lumens. If you read the Q and A on Optics Planet for the UE-SR07, the "gear expert" says it won't work with an M300C, but that is totally incorrect.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#16]
The UE- SR07-TN cap/switch I ordered from Optics Planet came in today and it works perfectly with my tan 500 lumen. Nothing changed on the M300C body between the 300 lumen and 500 lumen that I can see - they even use the same KE1F head, just with some tweaks to get more lumens. If you read the Q and A on Optics Planet for the UE-SR07, the "gear expert" says it won't work with an M300C, but that is totally incorrect.
View Quote
Yeah optics planet is a bunch of fucking trolls. Its definitely externally the same light, and after seeing your comparison pics, it might even be internally the same light.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Very true. Even the vampire leaves some to be desired. If only the mawl wasn't expensive and the d2 wasn't a pig. I think about picking up a full power from time to time but I really don't need that much for the shooting I do.
View Quote
I really want a MAWL.  Damn that price.  
When you say, 'full power' do you mean a non-civilian model or what?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#18]
FYI - I just spoke to Daniel Defense and the guy there said, as far as he knows, all of the Socom barrels have a .071 gas port no matter when manufactured.
View Quote
Other members have called and have been told otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:

I really want a MAWL.  Damn that price.  
When you say, 'full power' do you mean a non-civilian model or what?
View Quote
Yea a non civilian model, class IIIb
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah optics planet is a bunch of fucking trolls. Its definitely externally the same light, and after seeing your comparison pics, it might even be internally the same light.
View All Quotes
Ha... if I found out tomorrow the old M300C is the same or even brighter than the new one, I wouldn't be completely shocked. If it weren't for the temptation of the tan, I actually prefer the old beam to the new one :\.

When I imagined what the new 500 was going to be, it was the same beam pattern of the 300 just with more throw. That isn't quite what I got, heh.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#21]
My 10.3 brownells seems gassy with the socom rc1.  March 24 inspection date.  However, a 5/64 (.078) drill bit definitely will not fit in the gas port.  This leads me to believe it is .07-.072 as the calipers appeared to show that diameter.  Just throwing this out there for the earlier urg’s.

Anyone else measure a March URG?

This is the only 10.3 inch I’ve ever shot suppressed.  Using the Geissele ach charging handle too. But probably gassy as hell regardless of CH being only 10.3.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Curious as mine is gassy but appears to be .07-ish.

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Stumbled across this old pic today. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TNW:
Stumbled across this old pic today. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/385055/30715313-9EE4-432A-A085-688D3E835FAC-435659.JPG
View Quote
Awesome pic, but does your hand block your PEQ15 when activating the pressure pad?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Ha... if I found out tomorrow the old M300C is the same or even brighter than the new one, I wouldn't be completely shocked. If it weren't for the temptation of the tan, I actually prefer the old beam to the new one :\.

When I imagined what the new 500 was going to be, it was the same beam pattern of the 300 just with more throw. That isn't quite what I got, heh.
View Quote
The new one is definitely brighter but the new one is also more yellowish verses the old one being more white. The white is perceived as being brighter by the eye but out in the woods the newer 500 throw much farther, took it out hiking at midnight the other night! ;P

I've got one of the old M300C's in black to compare it to. Also have an M600U and M600P, the new M300C 500 is good to go.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:51:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Core] [#26]
Originally Posted By purevl2:

Other members have called and have been told otherwise.
View Quote
DD MK18 barrels are .070" according to the tech specs. Colt under 14.5" carbine length systems are .070" recommended. 14.5"-16" are .062" from the factory. Many commercial 10.3-10.5" barrels are way over .070" Windham Weaponry 16" carbine barrels are .062" I verified this via a call in and measurements. They also said the heavy carbine barrel I was working on and the M4 milspec contour barrel they sell are both .062" gas ports. I would think when you take a .062" 14.5 or 16" barrel and re-port it to .070" and cut the barrel down to 10.3/10.5" you would need to hard chrome the port otherwise it will erode uber fast? I would rather leave it at .062" and run a lighter buffer. I never asked Ken Elmore if he chromed his ports after opening them up? Maybe someone here knows. So if you have a DD MK18 barrel you should be GTG. For this reason I believe I would prefer to purchase a carbine barrel that has a chromed gas port .070" in 10.3"
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
The new one is definitely brighter but the new one is also more yellowish verses the old one being more white. The white is perceived as being brighter by the eye but out in the woods the newer 500 throw much farther, took it out hiking at midnight the other night! ;P

I've got one of the old M300C's in black to compare it to. Also have an M600U and M600P, the new M300C 500 is good to go.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Oh, I know. Partially joking, but also really wouldn't be surprised if they were both independently tested and the old one was the same brightness, lol. Of course, that gets into how we perceive lumens and lumen increases in the first place. All else being equal, it takes 4 times the lumen increase to be perceived as twice as bright. When we hear our favorite light has gone from 300 lumens to 500 or 600, we naturally expect it to be around twice as bright, when in reality it would need to be 1200 lumens to appear "twice" as bright as 300. The human eye isn't really going to find much of a difference in 300 vs 500 lumens - it really comes down to the beam pattern, density (lux) and reflector at that point (and user preferences in those departments).

I posted some comparison shots between the old and new M300 several pages back. I personally don't think the new M300C is particularly worth upgrading without the reintroduction of tan (which is probably why Surefire made that move). If someone already has an M300C they're happy with, the new one is only worth upgrading if having it in tan is important IMO. Myself, I slightly prefer the whiter and cleaner beam of the old M300C; it's not a big difference, but the old one wins out by a nose. I honestly don't notice much difference in throw between the old and new M300C at the outside distances I've used them both thus far (around 30 yards), but more spill with a yellowish beam on the new one. If I had to guess, the SF engineers were looking to add more spill with the extra 200 lumens without degrading throw at all. Not a terrible idea, just not what I expected.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By M4A1:

Awesome pic, but does your hand block your PEQ15 when activating the pressure pad?
View Quote
I run mine the same way, the thumb will block the illuminator. You can just activate it constant on and move thumb and no issue.

i don't care because on the civi models the illuminator is literally worthless anyway.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Oh, I know. Partially joking, but also really wouldn't be surprised if they were both independently tested and the old one was the same brightness, lol. Of course, that gets into how we perceive lumens and lumen increases in the first place. All else being equal, it takes 4 times the lumen increase to be perceived as twice as bright. When we hear our favorite light has gone from 300 lumens to 500 or 600, we naturally expect it to be around twice as bright, when in reality it would need to be 1200 lumens to appear "twice" as bright as 300. The human eye isn't really going to find much of a difference in 300 vs 500 lumens - it really comes down to the beam pattern, density (lux) and reflector at that point (and user preferences in those departments).

I posted some comparison shots between the old and new M300 several pages back. I personally don't think the new M300C is particularly worth upgrading without the reintroduction of tan (which is probably why Surefire made that move). If someone already has an M300C they're happy with, the new one is only worth upgrading if having it in tan is important IMO. Myself, I slightly prefer the whiter and cleaner beam of the old M300C; it's not a big difference, but the old one wins out by a nose. I honestly don't notice much difference in throw between the old and new M300C at the outside distances I've used them both thus far (around 30 yards), but more spill with a yellowish beam on the new one. If I had to guess, the SF engineers were looking to add more spill with the extra 200 lumens without degrading throw at all. Not a terrible idea, just not what I expected.
View Quote
I would agree with all of that. The only reason I bought one was that I wanted a M300C in TAN, I only had Black for the 300 series.

I do think I prefer the older M300C indoors though but outdoors, I think I like the new one better. That said realistically, I'd not use the M300 outdoors, I'd probably use one of the 600 series lights I've got.

Really hoping that new SF Scout that uses 18650s comes in TAN, I'd be using that for outdoors!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Got my APF tube today and mounted it up with the SBM4 :D.

First of all, this combo is a great big heaping helping of awesome with a side of snazzy sauce. IceAuger wasn't kidding about no wiggle on the APF tube: I could barely get the thing seated, lol. Once it's on there, it's not going anywhere. The APF tube seems to be maxing tolerances on pretty much everything because my CQD endplate barely fit. I ended up skimming some of the anodizing off in the process of getting it on the tube. I didn't want to have my new tube missing anodizing along the top of the threads, so I stopped with about an 1/8" of room to force the detent spring under the endplate and didn't move it any further back.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about the SBM4. It's FAR more comfortable than the Blade, it looks good and the gun balances better. The APF seems like the perfect tube to pair with it. The OAL is a little over 27", so it's VFG time :D!

I put on the SR07 last night and that's pretty spiffy as well. Anyway, enough talk... pics!

SR07 action!

This shot shows the similar cheek profile to a SOPMOD. Now that it's actually on the gun, I can confirm the cheek weld is very similar.

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#31]
My Socom RC came into my FFL this weekend.
Now the wait in jail begins...

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#32]

First of all, this combo is a great big heaping helping of awesome with a side of snazzy sauce. IceAuger wasn't kidding about no wiggle on the APF tube: I could barely get the thing seated, lol. Once it's on there, it's not going anywhere. The APF tube seems to be maxing tolerances on pretty much everything because my CQD endplate barely fit. I ended up skimming some of the anodizing off in the process of getting it on the tube. I didn't want to have my new tube missing anodizing along the top of the threads, so I stopped with about an 1/8" of room to force the detent spring under the endplate and didn't move it any further back.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about the SBM4. It's FAR more comfortable than the Blade, it looks good and the gun balances better. The APF seems like the perfect tube to pair with it. The OAL is a little over 27", so it's VFG time :D!

I put on the SR07 last night and that's pretty spiffy as well. Anyway, enough talk... pics!

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SBM4-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SBM4-07.jpg

SR07 action!
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SBM4-04.jpg

This shot shows the similar cheek profile to a SOPMOD. Now that it's actually on the gun, I can confirm the cheek weld is very similar.
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SBM4-05.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SBM4-06.jpg
View Quote
Needs more gear sector
how you liking the raptor? I just put a standard latch in my gas buster and it's much more solid then the big mil latch. I love  my raptor sd but it dosnt do much for gas face.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#33]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:
My Socom RC came into my FFL this weekend.
Now the wait in jail begins...
https://i.imgur.com/nx2erQk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Zzws8rL.jpg
View Quote
Sweet! Damn man that upper needs to be broken in! Thing looks minty.

Impatiently waiting for my barrel to come in.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Needs more gear sector
how you liking the raptor? I just put a standard latch in my gas buster and it's much more solid then the big mil latch. I love  my raptor sd but it dosnt do much for gas face.
View All Quotes

SR07 action!

Needs more gear sector
I haven't had a chance to shoot my Raptor-SD suppressed yet, so I don't really know how it'll compare to the GB. As far as function and regular use, I love it. If the gas turns out to be too much when suppressed I think I'll give RTV a shot before I swap back to the GB. Any experience using RTV with the SD to see if it helps?

Speaking of GB latches, have you tried the Combat Latch? That's my favorite by far. I like to palm charge and the Mil/Big Latch sucked for that. Course, even with the Combat Latch and solid pin the Raptor is still way better for that purpose. Hopefully the gas isn't too bad suppressed, or that RTV will make it tolerable, because I'd really rather stick with the Raptor-SD over the GB.

You're telling me, I've been waiting on my backordered FDE Gear Sector since the end of fucking November, lol. I was told it would be two weeks back in early December when I was still expecting a 4 week wait on my tan M300C and figured, "Oh, no big deal." Two months later... heh. I actually emailed them just the other day to find out what the hell the deal is. They said they'll contact their Gear Sector rep and get back to me :\. At least now that I have a pressure switch it isn't so annoying to not have an offset mount.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#35]

I haven't had a chance to shoot my Raptor-SD suppressed yet, so I don't really know how it'll compare to the GB. As far as function and regular use, I love it. If the gas turns out to be too much when suppressed I think I'll give RTV a shot before I swap back to the GB. Any experience using RTV with the SD to see if it helps?

Speaking of GB latches, have you tried the Combat Latch? That's my favorite by far. I like to palm charge and the Mil/Big Latch sucked for that. Course, even with the Combat Latch and solid pin the Raptor is still way better for that purpose. Hopefully the gas isn't too bad suppressed, or that RTV will make it tolerable, because I'd really rather stick with the Raptor-SD over the GB.

You're telling me, I've been waiting on my backordered FDE Gear Sector since the end of fucking November, lol. I was told it would be two weeks back in early December when I was still expecting a 4 week wait on my tan M300C and figured, "Oh, no big deal." Two months later... heh. I actually emailed them just the other day to find out what the hell the deal is. They said they'll contact their Gear Sector rep and get back to me :\. At least now that I have a pressure switch it isn't so annoying to not have an offset mount.  
View Quote
I actually tried to rtv the raptor and made a huge mess so cleaned it all off and said screw it.

the only latch I tried was the big mil latch, I don't have enough faith in it to spend anymore money on it. The latch is just so wobbly it's asking for broken roll pins, the standard latch fits really tight and feels solid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#36]

SR07 action!

View Quote
Nice build.  I like the look of the Blade but it can't be comfortable in any way.  I'm debating whether to go this route or a mini, after seeing your pics I believe the SBM4 is the way to go.  GJ
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Glad you like the APF.

Regarding the light mount, I ordered directly from Gear Sector and got it right away. Yeah, I probably paid more than if I had ordered it from another source but I'm impatient like that.

I still need sling mounts and BUIS and then I'll be close to where you're at with your setup.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Core:
Nice build.  I like the look of the Blade but it can't be comfortable in any way.  I'm debating whether to go this route or a mini, after seeing your pics I believe the SBM4 is the way to go.  GJ  
View Quote
Thanks. I'm sure you won't regret going with the SBM4. I hesitated getting one because my Form 1 is already pending, but I'm glad I did. The Blade is functional, but not optimal by any means. It was especially annoying when shooting with a plate carrier because it was easy to slip off and out of position. Plus, if you're wearing just a t-shirt and catch your collar bone it can give you a pretty good bruise. The SBM4 doesn't feel like a compromise like the Blade did.

Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Glad you like the APF.

Regarding the light mount, I ordered directly from Gear Sector and got it right away. Yeah, I probably paid more than if I had ordered it from another source but I'm impatient like that.

I still need sling mounts and BUIS and then I'll be close to where you're at with your setup.
View Quote
I'm a cheapass and wanted to save the $25 extra :\. It was $75 something shipped from Gear Sector directly and I got mine for $50.99 shipped - if I ever get it, that is, lol. I could've gotten one for $65 from a local place, but I figured since the M300C was also backordered at the time that it wouldn't make much difference. The local place was sold out last I checked.

At this point if I don't hear some good news I'll probably cancel my order and maybe pick up a Thorntail SBR. Although, now that I have a pressure switch I don't feel as much rush, so if they can give me a firm date I might just wait. When I was using the clicky cap on the left side the stock mount put it a bit in my way, but with it on the opposite side it's not that big of deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:07:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Difference between Crane's cut down 10.3" Govt profile and FN's new 10.3" SOCOM bbls.  Gas port is a measured .070"
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4690_rz-425197.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4693_rz-425202.JPG

The parts: FN bbl, upper, BC and bolt, DD RIS II Mk18, PRI CH, SF4P FH and KAC front sight.  Rest of parts are all govt contracted.  Only thing that's used was the Forward Assist, almost selected a teardrop M16.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4691_rz-425205.JPG

Assembled and installed on lower w/SSF trigger.  Second we built this week with FN bbl.  Bit heavier up front of course.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4696_rz-425206.JPG

CD
View Quote
Anyway for us to get those 10.3" FN SOCOM bbls civie side?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#40]
@krdt

Did you order a tan GS mount? If you want to buy a gently used one I can pull it off the Scout I'm trying to sell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
@krdt

Did you order a tan GS mount? If you want to buy a gently used one I can pull it off the Scout I'm trying to sell.
View Quote
That gives me an idea. I'm in need of a Scout light and since I'm going the KAC M4QD route.....I should throw this well loved SF4P of mine on the EE as a trade for a light.

@krdt your whore CQBR called me again. She says she wants Stevie's mount. Happy wife happy life and all that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:52:48 AM EDT
[#42]

That gives me an idea. I'm in need of a Scout light and since I'm going the KAC M4QD route.....I should throw this well loved SF4P of mine on the EE as a trade for a light.

@krdt your whore CQBR called me again. She says she wants Stevie's mount. Happy wife happy life and all that.
View Quote
How well loved are we talkin' here?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

Lots of carbon buildup thanks to stealthguy and his stupid Surefire can. other than that she's in good condition tho.

And I almost got this URG complete tonight......until my last fucking crush washer SNAPPED. YES, the fucking thing snapped. What in the ever loving fuck?

CQBR build on hold due to.......snapped fucking crush washer. god that's ridiculous

Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Lots of carbon buildup thanks to stealthguy and his stupid Surefire can.
View Quote
Do you guys clean your SF4P often or just let it cake up and clean it whenever you get around to it?  The training can did this, can't imagine how bad it would get with a real can on it:

Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
Do you guys clean your SF4P often or just let it cake up and clean it whenever you get around to it?  The training can did this, can't imagine how bad it would get with a real can on it:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ocaoRYfUdTg/WhpI7cVvpOI/AAAAAAAArNY/T_xpXDX279EEp1Zg9s_WwhEU5XRSCm5UACKgBGAs/s1600/PB252780.JPG
View All Quotes

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ocaoRYfUdTg/WhpI7cVvpOI/AAAAAAAArNY/T_xpXDX279EEp1Zg9s_WwhEU5XRSCm5UACKgBGAs/s1600/PB252780.JPG
Keep CLP/Fireclean/whatever you cleaning agent of choice on your muzzle devices and they won't cake up so bad - also a little easier to clean.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I scrape my 3ps with a flat head when I start noticing the can gets to fitting tighter.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
If you have a bench grinder, get a brass wire wheel. It'll look like new in 30 seconds, I do mine every few months.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool, thanks for all the replies guys.  Figured since these things are virtually impossible to get here, I'd better take care of it, lol!
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Real Operators leave it dirty.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#50]
The OAL is a little over 27", so it's VFG time :D!
View Quote
Dumb question, this OAL is measured with the flash hider removed (Unless pinned and welded) and with the brace in the "fully extended" position right? Or is it with bare buffer tube and no flash hider?

SBR/Pistol laws are stupid as shit.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 957 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top