Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:29:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HAMMERF0RGED:
minor updates to the CQBR
http://i.imgur.com/3LkiEnI.jpg
View Quote
Sex machine! I dig that setup.

Even if the timing of your SF3P gives me OCD. That setup is dope.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote
come to butthead
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Sick... forgive me if ive asked you this before but that's a Wilcox riser right? I dig it
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, dont bash me but...

is 10.5 Kosher in here????
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By myopic:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
im struggling with what optic i like better. obvious choice is exps3-0 because clone but ive used aimpoints most of my life. also its just so much lighter

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1qsb28] [#8]

View Quote
Some of the blackest high speed cats you've never heard of are issued LMT 10.5 barrels  on their CQBRs because they will gobble any ammo suppressed or unpressed right out of the shoe box, no fucking with gas ports or buffers necessary....since they are shy about cameras the photographic documentation is very light but its out there.  They are also issued M720V raid lights which is something else that seems to not be on the approved list for some reason.  Both of these are issued items, not "seen in the wild" bs like has been used to justify some of the more egregious deviations from the acceptable standard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#9]
Originally Posted By 1qsb28:
Some of the blackest high speed cats you've never heard of are issued LMT 10.5 barrels  on their CQBRs because they will gobble any ammo suppressed or unpressed right out of the shoe box, no fucking with gas ports or buffers necessary....since they are shy about cameras the photographic documentation is very light but its out there.  They are also issued M720V raid lights which is something else that seems to not be on the approved list for some reason.  Both of these are issued items, not "seen in the wild" bs like has been used to justify some of the more egregious deviations from the acceptable standard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

See in the title where it says (10.3")?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#10]
View All Quotes

So basically what you're saying is.....my ops will be blacker, and my speed to drag coefficient will be higher and lower...if I weld .2" barrel onto my 10.3 and I won't need to run a buffer or a gas port?

I'm sold man. Sign me the fuck up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Shogek:
im struggling with what optic i like better. obvious choice is exps3-0 because clone but ive used aimpoints most of my life. also its just so much lighter

http://i.imgur.com/LdGDnBY.jpg
View Quote
T1's are gtg. Defintely been seen in the wild and I prefer mine over the eotech I also have. Sweet rifle btw!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

See in the title where it says (10.3")?
View Quote
Yup, do you also see where it says CQBR?   Not all CQBRs are issued with 10.3" barrels.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

So basically what you're saying is.....my ops will be blacker, and my speed to drag coefficient will be higher and lower...if I weld .2" barrel onto my 10.3 and I won't need to run a buffer or a gas port?

View Quote
funny, I dont see any of that written in my post.  I was answering the OPs question about the validity of a 10.5" barrel with relevant information, something your post lacks.  I don't give a shit what you or any one else does with your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Shogek:

http://i.imgur.com/LdGDnBY.jpg
View Quote
I love the reticle of the Eotech but I am used to the T1 since that's what I've run since they came out. I love the battery life, light weight, and they are nearly indestructible. I think the T1 is approved for Block 2 as they have been seen used in the wild.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Just posted this MK18 upper in the EE

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
funny, I dont see any of that written in my post.  I was answering the OPs question about the validity of a 10.5" barrel with relevant information, something your post lacks.  I don't give a shit what you or any one else does with your rifle.
View All Quotes

99 percent of my posts lack relevant information. We have all known this for years.

The OP is TinyCrumb and he hates LMT 10.5's BTW, but I do know who you're referring to. But I'm just curious, do you have a CQBR with an LMT 10.5 barrel? Your post seemed to me like possibly trying to validate your own setup, being upset that it isn't really accepted in this thread.

If it was just based off of experiences youve had and you don't own the above setup than disregard, but I think we all felt it was a personal validation type post. Hence the rib jabbings.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
working up some loads using 75gr hornady for my CQBR, so  far its loving the heavy pills.

Also scooted the peq back even further. Amazing what a few rail slots does for the balance.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#20]
https://flic.kr/p/RSNfQ1 CQBR

https://flic.kr/p/U2CWNP

Recently scored this colt lower, it has restricted markings on the other side, now the question would be should I form 1 this sucker and make it my CQBR lower? Or possibly take my colt M4A1 upper and have it chopped to 10.3 and do a MK18? I guess both would require that this colt lower get a form 1
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I would say 10.5" would be acceptable.  We all don't have the time or means to get them shortened to 10.3" right away.  Same thing on M4A1 carbines, you can get correct 14.5" get the tax stamp if your state allows or 14.5" perm fixed FH, but some go 14.7" with a standard A2 flash hinder go make ATF happy.  Some people like other rails like HKs here as exceptable as some units have them.  I disagree as that is no longer a Mk18/CQBR but a different variant.

CD
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Not all CQBRs are issued with 10.3" barrels.
View Quote
Prove it
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I would say 10.5" would be acceptable.  We all don't have the time or means to get them shortened to 10.3" right away.  Same thing on M4A1 carbines, you can get correct 14.5" get the tax stamp if your state allows or 14.5" perm fixed FH, but some go 14.7" with a standard A2 flash hinder go make ATF happy.  Some people like other rails like HKs here as exceptable as some units have them.  I disagree as that is no longer a Mk18/CQBR but a different variant.

CD
View Quote
Agreed, I think there's a tad too much "I know more than you about this topic" or "your shits not as good as it should be" in this thread. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#24]
I do remember hearing OGA were using LMT uppers back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

your such a fucking idiot!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tacticalmedic450:

View Quote
You're
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes

Pretty sure I ate paint chips as a kid.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Who peed in your tea?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Prove it
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#30]

99 percent of my posts lack relevant information. We have all known this for years.

The OP is TinyCrumb and he hates LMT 10.5's BTW, but I do know who you're referring to. But I'm just curious, do you have a CQBR with an LMT 10.5 barrel? Your post seemed to me like possibly trying to validate your own setup, being upset that it isn't really accepted in this thread.

If it was just based off of experiences youve had and you don't own the above setup than disregard, but I think we all felt it was a personal validation type post. Hence the rib jabbings.
View Quote
Bad use of OP on my part, I was of course referring to the guys post I quoted.  I actually sold my Colt Block II over the winter to fund a MK12 so I wont have any CQBR on hand until later this summer.  In a past life I did, however, work in a position where I was exposed to the LMT 10.5s.  I was impressed by their reliability, which I was told was the reason they were ordered.  After some issues I had with my old setup, I would consider using one in the next build...but no worries, no validation needed, just wanted to pass along some info the guy asking might not otherwise find on his own.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Prove it
View Quote
I might be able to do that, depending on what you would accept as proof.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:02:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1qsb28] [#32]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
I do remember hearing OGA were using LMT uppers back in the day.
View Quote
Not just back in the day....the 416 came on the scene too, but the DGIs with the 10.5 are still an option.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Bad use of OP on my part, I was of course referring to the guys post I quoted.  I actually sold my Colt Block II over the winter to fund a MK12 so I wont have any CQBR on hand until later this summer.  In a past life I did, however, work in a position where I was exposed to the LMT 10.5s.  I was impressed by their reliability, which I was told was the reason they were ordered.  After some issues I had with my old setup, I would consider using one in the next build...but no worries, no validation needed, just wanted to pass along some info the guy asking might not otherwise find on his own.
View All Quotes

I will tell you one thing, Karl Lewis knows how to make one reliable ass AR-15. Quality and reliability i would agree is higher than Colt's.

I actually just now got an email that his enhanced 5.56 bolt he submitted to the Army is finally back in stock. (And only $220)

This thread has made it fun to poopoo all over the 10.5 LMT guys, but you're spot on with the reliability aspect. LMT is the cats perjamas.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:13:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1qsb28] [#34]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1qsb28] [#35]

I will tell you one thing, Karl Lewis knows how to make one reliable ass AR-15. Quality and reliability i would agree is higher than Colt's.

I actually just now got an email that his enhanced 5.56 bolt he submitted to the Army is finally back in stock. (And only $220)

This thread has made it fun to poopoo all over the 10.5 LMT guys, but you're spot on with the reliability aspect. LMT is the cats perjamas.
View Quote
Where at?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:37:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#36]
Where at?
View All Quotes

Where at?
LMT's web store

http://www.lmtstore.com/556-enhanced-bolt-assembly.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#37]
LMT's web store

http://www.lmtstore.com/556-enhanced-bolt-assembly.html
View Quote
My god, I mean, im not beyond paying for quality... but that must be some bolt if it is really the cats pajamas for 220 bones...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Prove it
Photos would work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chincy] [#41]
Upper together with the new andro corp 10.3 group buy barrel.

I also enjoy the KISS stage of this.

Also changed the furniture again on my block 2.
And added an FDE gas buster

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#42]
You're
View All Quotes

You're

There has been some pretty decent comic relief in this last page!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
I know KAC and LMT had/have a pretty close working relationship, but I always wondered which company came up with, or was the first to utilize
the dual spring, Lobster Tail Extractor?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Switched from the Eotech HHS II set up for the Aimpoint Comp M2.  My Gen 1 Sopmod is home waiting on my porch and the M952 is in the mail to me.  Then, need the Peq2.  Where are you guys that have them finding them?

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
Photos would work.
View Quote
Nope. Because then they would go from being the camera shy blackest of high speed cats you've never heard of to the blackest of high speed cats that you have heard of.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Is this fuggin airsoft too?

I know this one isn't. You can barely see the rifle but I think it's a cool picture.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Smells like OGA/CIA with Afghan counterparts...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1566
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 884 of 1566)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top