Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

So not 7.8 lbs? Does it have a Matech and side sling swivel?
View Quote
Sure does
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#2]
DUPE.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's keep this thread on topic guys. Clone photos only.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:08:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CoilCrafter] [#4]
EDIT - See below post
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember hearing about some Block 2's with FSP rails had their FSB shaved down. Anyone have those pictures?

Would like to see pictures of light's being used besides the WMX200.

Any pictures of 14.5" block 2's with risers? I'm sure it's been done, I just love seeing wild pics. I'm currently digging the internet for pics and would love to see what you guys have saved.

I'd love to see any pictures anyone has of FSP block 2's in use for some inspiration. Just bought a RIS II FSP, complete upper, and having braceman engrave an 80% for me right now. Basically just need optic and light. Leaning towards red dot and possibly magnifier..
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:35:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis202] [#6]
Deleted *double post*
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
I have a similar setup; KAC micro 2-6, acog in GDI mount, and RIS II.

How do you like the offset T1? Is there enough space with the two rail slots to mount the larue offset mount on the receiver? Maybe if it was switched around with the lever pointing forward?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:

Current Setup!! Soon to replace the Acog with a NF 2.5x10x24.

https://i.redd.it/kft4o3v9b6uy.jpg
I have a similar setup; KAC micro 2-6, acog in GDI mount, and RIS II.

How do you like the offset T1? Is there enough space with the two rail slots to mount the larue offset mount on the receiver? Maybe if it was switched around with the lever pointing forward?
There's just enough room to put it on the receiver. I really like the setup I think I'm gonna keep it permanent. My other block 2 is rocking a predator offset with an insight mrds. Used to mount my mrds piggy back style but offsets are now my go to way to mount secondary optics.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats hotter right now?  the M4A1 Block II or MK18?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JDangit:
View Quote
Do you want to stamp or no?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JDangit:
View Quote
Either. All the same cool accessories. Just 10.3 vs 14.5. A lil more velocity for more length and more weight.

I went M4A1 Block 2 because I'm not 21 for another month and can't stamp. Also I've used a 14.5 and acog in the army for the past almost 4 years. MK18 seems more practical but 14.5 can do everything a 10.3 can. Well except not be M16 like in length with a suppressor. I also just like the way the 14.5 and M855 line up with my ballistic reticle on my ACOG RCO-M150CP.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Either. All the same cool accessories. Just 10.3 vs 14.5. A lil more velocity for more length and more weight.

I went M4A1 Block 2 because I'm not 21 for another month and can't stamp. Also I've used a 14.5 and acog in the army for the past almost 4 years. MK18 seems more practical but 14.5 can do everything a 10.3 can. Well except not be M16 like in length with a suppressor. I also just like the way the 14.5 and M855 line up with my ballistic reticle on my ACOG RCO-M150CP.
View Quote
This statement is one of the things that pisses me off. The government trusts you with this weapon to fight & die for this country, but you can't have a NFA weapon at home because you're not 21

To keep this on topic...
Attachment Attached File

Thank you for your service 762hunter2
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
CQD mounts came today, sling should be here tomorrow as well.

I'm also trying decide between picking up an EXPS3 to replace my non-clone TA33, or getting a SOCOM556-RC2.

I'm leaning towards the RC2 ...
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
You can file a F1 at 18, just cant buy one from an SOT.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sbye:

This statement is one of the things that pisses me off. The government trusts you with this weapon to fight & die for this country, but you can't have a NFA weapon at home because you're not 21

View Quote
Or drink a beer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:
CQD mounts came today, sling should be here tomorrow as well.
http://i63.tinypic.com/148g56e.jpg

I'm also trying decide between picking up an EXPS3 to replace my non-clone TA33, or getting a SOCOM556-RC2.

I'm leaning towards the RC2 ...
View Quote
I'd definitely get the process started on the suppressor out of the two choices since you have a serviceable optic and just save up for the EXPS. Or you could sell the ACOG and use those funds towards the EXPS and suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

I'd definitely get the process started on the suppressor out of the two choices since you have a serviceable optic and just save up for the EXPS. Or you could sell the ACOG and use those funds towards the EXPS and suppressor.
View Quote
I think I'm going to pick up the Socom can. My wife and I are expecting a child at the end of July, so $600 will be easier to swing than the $1200 for the can and stamp once our daughter is born.

I know everyone goes through it, but the wait is going to suck .
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sbye:

To keep this on topic...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/M4A1-204105.JPG

View Quote
It's my pleasure.

I was able to get a concealed carry license at 18. But less than a month before I can start filing for cool stuff.

Would like a RC/RC2 and to stamp my colt lower. My dad used to always say "you got the wants"
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:50:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#19]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

If you don't mind it not being clone correct, the new trijicon 1-8 accupower can be had for as low as 1200-1300 if you shot around... I picked one up to run on my SPR (replaced a 2.5-10) and the thing is incredible... Best bang for the buck variable optic if you don't mind the weight

I have an ELCAN on my SCAR17 and was considering selling it and getting another accupower 1-8 and mount for the money
View Quote
I really like the one I picked up. It's a tad heavy though. The glass very nice. The only thing that I don't like are the turret adjustments mushy. I am far sighted and I can't see shit with a RDs at 100. So I am going LPVs on all my guns.

I actually listed my mk18 & M4A1 in the market. I was thinking if I have to deviate that much maybe just sell the block 2 stuff. Then I said screw it and decided to keep em and run what ever glass I want on it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm going between the ACOG / Doctor and the AccuPower now.  

The weight is really noticeable but I do like the feel of the AccuPower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:
I really like the one I picked up. It's a tad heavy though. The glass very nice. The only thing that I don't like are the turret adjustments mushy. I am far sighted and I can't see shit with a RDs at 100. So I am going LPVs on all my guns.

I actually listed my mk18 & M4A1 in the market. I was thinking if I have to deviate that much maybe just sell the block 2 stuff. Then I said screw it and decided to keep em and run what ever glass I want on it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0929-205515.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0920-205514.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

If you don't mind it not being clone correct, the new trijicon 1-8 accupower can be had for as low as 1200-1300 if you shot around... I picked one up to run on my SPR (replaced a 2.5-10) and the thing is incredible... Best bang for the buck variable optic if you don't mind the weight

I have an ELCAN on my SCAR17 and was considering selling it and getting another accupower 1-8 and mount for the money

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0929-205515.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0920-205514.JPG
I'm really liking the Trijicon 1-8 Accupower as well. I've also considered selling my Mil overrun SU230 to fund one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#22]

The weight is really noticeable but I do like the feel of the AccuPower.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0930-205517.JPG
View Quote
Love the speed and weight of an acog/RMR combo for a carbine or field expedient recce rifle, but the accupower is wayyyyyy legit for seeing at distance and shooting things far away.... Trying to find some time to head out west and shoot critters with my SPR and block 1.5 clone to stretch out the ACOG and accupower...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#23]
DUPE
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Everyone has their own use-cases, but for me, I've found the Docter to be damn near useless on my Elcan when the sun is anywhere in front of me.  My red dot becomes 5 red dots due to the glass quality.  Obviously nothing that happens with Aimpoints or EotTechs.  In a perfect, free-product world, I'd love to have a RMR RM-06 on top of my Elcan, and maybe that will happen eventually, but the Docter's light dispersion qualities have been less than desirable (read:  unusable).
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By gatordev:

Everyone has their own use-cases, but for me, I've found the Docter to be damn near useless on my Elcan when the sun is anywhere in front of me.  My red dot becomes 5 red dots due to the glass quality.  Obviously nothing that happens with Aimpoints or EotTechs.  In a perfect, free-product world, I'd love to have a RMR RM-06 on top of my Elcan, and maybe that will happen eventually, but the Docter's light dispersion qualities have been less than desirable (read:  unusable).
View Quote
Maybe the Insight MRDS?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Maybe the Insight MRDS?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Back in the block 2 game. Excuse the 16" barrel. Form 1 in process.  All colt

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis202] [#28]
I think I'm gonna call this one my "I hate money build"

And for my Block 2 FSP I scooped up this bad boy!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
I get it, but really the DR was added for CQB situations and most times put them in the window a pull the trigger. I think we as consumers look for the perfect world and in reality it's always a compromise. I had elcan 1-4 and loved it but the eye relief when switched sucked for me and then you still add the RDS to the system. If I needed the RDS then why do I need the 1X.  So I ended up selling it and going back to the ACOG system.  My buddy donated the DR so I added it. Basically I get the 4x in a proven system and still have the piggyback that I had with the Elcan but half the weight. I really need magnified optics now, my eyes are really going and being far sighted seemed to make it worse. On the RDS I here from people that the DR has a better dot quality but the rmr has a better dot brightness and the MRDS is the worst of both worlds. I think for me I will look at the 1-6 and 1-8 for my 14.5 and a ACOG piggyback on my CQBR / 18 rifle. Although for what distances I shoot that rifle my 553 will do. On that note I love the challenge of thermal drift????????! I live in TX and never had a issue though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I wanted to lighten my SOPMOD up a bit.  I originally had an Eotech 556.A65 on it, and I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 2x, but I won a Vortex Viper so I figured I'd try this and I'm really enjoying it.  I'm going to take it up to a 600-meter steel range next week and run some 62g and 77g through it. 

I have two potentially dig deep questions that I started a thread for and wasn't able to get answered, so help a brother out:

1.  The original McFarland one piece gas rings that temporarily replaced the three rings for the SOPMOD program, why did they switch back to Colt's three pieces?  Did they modify the milspec rings to make them better and what (if anyone knows) did they do to them to improve them? All I can find is that Colt improved them, with no explanation to detail etc.?

2.  Does anyone know why the LMT enhanced bolt that was slated for SOPMOD program seems to have been dropped versus the milspec Colt bolt?

TIA - I'm trying to add some more info to my SOPMOD knowledge base...   And thanks to Andrew (ANKRATZ) for matching my Colt grip to the DD FDE for the RISII FSP. 

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]

I get it, but really the DR was added for CQB situations and most times put them in the window a pull the trigger. I think we as consumers look for the perfect world and in reality it's always a compromise. I had elcan 1-4 and loved it but the eye relief when switched sucked for me and then you still add the RDS to the system.
View Quote
All good points, and like I said, we all have our usage requirements.  For me, for this gun, I wanted a clone (or something close enough...the Elcan is actually on a CQBR B2), but then I also wanted to have the ability to compete with it, so I threw the Docter on it because my buddy gave me a super price on it.  A RDS on top, for me, is faster than an Elcan at 1x, but the Elcan at 1x is still faster for me than a MK6 or ACOG, so the math seemed to add up...until I started shooting into the sun (which is how the range I practice/compete at is set up).  It's not the end of the world, but something to be aware of.

Currently I have an RMR on an ACOG for my M4B2 and I like the setup.  I don't like the ACOG eye relief, but that's just a given.  The combo works very well for me on a timer or just plinking, so seems like a great way to go if that's what you're looking for.  And like you said, a RM-06 is plenty bright.

If only we could get some traction on that NF 1-8..........
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
5th and 6th SOCOM lower in the pony stable

http://i.imgur.com/loq5vRR.jpg
View Quote
Curious -- where are you finding these, and how much is it setting you back?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By nate_the_great:
Cross post from IG and Facebook, Got it where I like it as well as having all the essentials for an HD rifle, now I just need to rezero the optic, and swap the buffer for an H2 and start focusing on the Block 1.
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q780/natesarfcom/47A1F986-650E-4F31-B7BD-EC720B480F57_zpsfzbzlcrv.jpg
View Quote
what flash hider are you using ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#34]
question for all you guys that picked up CQD mounts, where? i tried going on CQDs website and all i got was.

"Access to cqd.net was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403"

does it now im canadian? am i now allowed to witness the treasures it keeps?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By frank4guns:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frank4guns:
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
5th and 6th SOCOM lower in the pony stable

http://i.imgur.com/loq5vRR.jpg
I've seen a few on GunBroker.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By White_knight:
question for all you guys that picked up CQD mounts, where? i tried going on CQDs website and all i got was.

HTTP ERROR 403"

View Quote
I'm no IT guy, but it could be the bagged milk...

I just ordered a forward and rear CQD mount in the past week straight from their website, good luck.

Treasures Here
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:

I'm no IT guy, but it could be the bagged milk...

I just ordered a forward and rear CQD mount in the past week straight from their website, good luck.

Treasures Here
View Quote
nope, just clicked the link again. UNAUTHORIZED!. just wanted to check out the tactical do-dads for my mk18, im not trying to hack NORAD here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#38]

HTTP ERROR 403"

View Quote
I've gotten that message before from here in the US. I assumed their site was just down because I went back a day or two later and everything loaded up without issue.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:39:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: White_knight] [#39]
Originally Posted By Raptor83:

I've gotten that message before from here in the US. I assumed their site was just down because I went back a day or two later and everything loaded up without issue.
View Quote
i've tried sporadically every now and then also thinking its down. but people keep saying that they just ordered stuff from there so i know its not. i don't know if its true that canadian ips are geoblocked or not. but i tried chrome, mozilla and even IE with no luck. then i plugged the site into an online proxy. set it to US and BAM, in. all want wanted to do was check the prices on what they go for new.

thanks guys.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#40]

i've tried sporadically every now and then also thinking its down. but people keep saying that they just ordered stuff from there so i know its not. i don't know if its true that canadian ips are geoblocked or not. but i tried chrome, mozilla and even IE with no luck. then i plugged the site into an online proxy. set it to US and BAM, in. all want wanted to do was check the prices on what they go for new.

thanks guys.
View Quote
Would using incognito mode work as well?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Would using incognito mode work as well?
View Quote
it does not. only a proxy worked
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#42]

it does not. only a proxy worked
View Quote
Weird. Guess they don't like Canucks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#43]
No problems here. I ordered my sling mounts Friday last week and they got here yesterday.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:
I remember hearing about some Block 2's with FSP rails had their FSB shaved down. Anyone have those pictures?

Would like to see pictures of light's being used besides the WMX200.

Any pictures of 14.5" block 2's with risers? I'm sure it's been done, I just love seeing wild pics. I'm currently digging the internet for pics and would love to see what you guys have saved.

I'd love to see any pictures anyone has of FSP block 2's in use for some inspiration. Just bought a RIS II FSP, complete upper, and having braceman engrave an 80% for me right now. Basically just need optic and light. Leaning towards red dot and possibly magnifier..
View Quote
No pictures, but I've seen it done.  And once one guy had it done, everyone wanted it done.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
No problems here. I ordered my sling mounts Friday last week and they got here yesterday.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/E1A3A87C-0C77-4717-88DD-9C6100BB3CA2.jpg
View Quote
Mmmmmm purple ano.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Mmmmmm purple ano.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/E1A3A87C-0C77-4717-88DD-9C6100BB3CA2.jpg
Mmmmmm purple ano.
Yeah bc I live in the land of nonsense, I had to get a pre ban lower to build my block 2 on. I not only got a sweet deal on this one but it had the dark purple ano which I totally dig
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATravis11b] [#47]
MK18 is DD upper and lower
M4A1 is pure Colt with a gen 1 LMT

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#48]
sorry for stupid clone question, :

Begin stupid clone question >>>

With all the FDE in the Block2, is anyone using something like a Magpul FDE pistol grip?  Any basis for this in theater, or is all A2 grips?

<<< End of stupid clone question.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:
MK18 is DD upper and lower
View Quote
Did you Cerekote over the DDMk18 billboard on the Starboard side, or leave it?  I am contemplating selling the DD upper, and replacing with a forged Colt upper.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#50]
CQD mounts and VCAS on.

Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top