User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 907
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Guy far left is French SOF. Guy next to him is US.
View Quote
So who's the dude with the m4A1?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:27:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#2]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Yep. That pic was taken in Africa last year or the year before.
View Quote
It's from Burkina Faso last year during the mall attack
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw you glitch.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Glitch
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:02:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#5]
Page 700!

Placeholder potato pic for when I get my KAC 200-600m micro and GDI mount on.

Next step will be Geissele SSA-E and a surefire m600u on a LT752 mount so I can switch it between the Block 1 and Block 2
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Posted my FSP upper in the EE for anyone looking.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Having had a couple of ELCANs and bounced between Eotech's and ACOG/RMR/JPoint combos... I go back and forth on what I like best...

But damn it if an FDE ELCAN and Doctor reflex doesn't look at home on Block IIs.... nice boom stick dude
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

Having had a couple of ELCANs and bounced between Eotech's and ACOG/RMR/JPoint combos... I go back and forth on what I like best...

But damn it if an FDE ELCAN and Doctor reflex doesn't look at home on Block IIs.... nice boom stick dude
View Quote
Agreed:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Thanks!

The optic set up is amazing and feels very balanced.

I have an exps3 I will be putting on my second block II that I'm building.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally. Better pics to come, this is probably my most correct build to date.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By K_weez:

Thanks!

The optic set up is amazing and feels very balanced.

I have an exps3 I will be putting on my second block II that I'm building.
View Quote
Was about to tell you to go with a 553... but just picked one up and its another lemon... reticle fade and cant see it at all under sunlight... soooooo.... EXPS's for me as well... bummer, love the form factor of the 553... but the 2017 EXPS's seem to be the best so far...
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Question: anybody have an ris nut wrench they would let go by chance?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Love the build guys, these are always so catchy and the attention to detail is amazing! Great work!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Current Setup!! Soon to replace the Acog with a NF 2.5x10x24.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Offset aimpoint.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Page 700!

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u613/SKSh762hunter/IMG_0581_zpsbwjdj8hx.jpg

Placeholder potato pic for when I get my KAC 200-600m micro and GDI mount on.
View Quote
Well I really like the KAC 2-6 micro and GDI mount so far. Looking forward to putting some lead down range with them
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]
So i'm considering moving towards a 1-4/6x variable from my current exps and 3x combo.  I have an astigmatism, so the holograph is just too blurry for me to use as effectively as i thought.  I've tried to ignore it, but it's just too much.  I had a SpectreDR before the Eotech that i liked a lot, but I think I can get a much better optic for $2250.  Optics on the table are:

SB PMII 1.1-4
NF NXS 1-4
Kahles K16i

Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
So i'm considering moving towards a 1-4/6x variable from my current exps and 3x combo.  I have an astigmatism, so the holograph is just too blurry for me to use as effectively as i thought.  I've tried to ignore it, but it's just too much.  I had a SpectreDR before the Eotech that i liked a lot, but I think I can get a much better optic for $2250.  Optics on the table are:

SB PMII 1.1-4
NF NXS 1-4
Kahles K16i

Any other ideas?
View Quote
K16i!!! I used it once and was floored by the clarity!! I'm waiting for my bday to put one on my fsp block 2, also look into the vcog.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:

K16i!!! I used it once and was floored by the clarity!! I'm waiting for my bday to put one on my fsp block 2, also look into the vcog.
View Quote
If you don't mind it not being clone correct, the new trijicon 1-8 accupower can be had for as low as 1200-1300 if you shot around... I picked one up to run on my SPR (replaced a 2.5-10) and the thing is incredible... Best bang for the buck variable optic if you don't mind the weight

I have an ELCAN on my SCAR17 and was considering selling it and getting another accupower 1-8 and mount for the money
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis202] [#22]
If you don't mind it not being clone correct, the new trijicon 1-8 accupower can be had for as low as 1200-1300 if you shot around... I picked one up to run on my SPR (replaced a 2.5-10) and the thing is incredible... Best bang for the buck variable optic if you don't mind the weight

I have an ELCAN on my SCAR17 and was considering selling it and getting another accupower 1-8 and mount for the money
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm willing to let some things slide if they are better but I'm also more open to "in the wild" builds which honestly some look pretty badass like the 1st group southeast Asia block 2 (the one with the Kahles k16i) or Stukas87 FSP block 2 with the vcog and the offset MRDS I can't decide which one of those I wanna clone so I'm most likely gonna combine em Stukas rifle with the K16i and the surefire fury, I'll decide when my birthday comes around. I plan to splurge on a new optic!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
The USO SN8 is another non clone correct optic that is amazing. I have one on my 13.7 mini recce and it's one of the best scopes I've owned.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#24]
The USO SN8 is another non clone correct optic that is amazing. I have one on my 13.7 mini recce and it's one of the best scopes I've owned.
View All Quotes

Any experience with the sr8c? You don't see to many out there but I usually only hear good things, the dot in the second focal plane and the reticle in the first always got me curious. The only other company that does that in a lpvo is Schmidt and Bender.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:28:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K_weez] [#25]

Any experience with the sr8c? You don't see to many out there but I usually only hear good things, the dot in the second focal plane and the reticle in the first always got me curious. The only other company that does that in a lpvo is Schmidt and Bender.
View Quote
That's the scope I have. Derp I was looking at a SN3 and and got the names mixed up.

The Sr-8c is a great scope. Crystal clear and very bright dot and the second focal tree is great.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#26]
I've had this gun set up for about 6 months or so but finally got a chance to start shooting it about a month ago.  I'm really digging it, but couldn't bare to post pics of her "naked".

Mostly Block 2 inspired

Sorry for the crappy potato pics, but I have no real camera.

"Naked"

Not Naked

ETA:  I was using a MRDS on a Knights offset 45* mount, but really didn't use it much so I decided to take off what little extra weight it was.  Also waiting going on 6-8 months for my NT4.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#27]
That's the scope I have. Derp I was looking at a SN3 and and got the names mixed up.

The Sr-8c is a great scope. Crystal clear and very bright dot and the second focal tree is great.

http://i.imgur.com/LL7nwhV.jpg?1
View All Quotes

http://i.imgur.com/LL7nwhV.jpg?1
What's the battery life?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:24:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis202] [#28]
My "level zero heroes" recce block 2 is almost done, I added some none kosher parts like the afg and the strap that's holding my surefire lights wires(also a place holder for the PEQ) and the gat cat aka precious. Larue bi pod on its way!! Not sweating the peq 15 too much I'll eventually pic one up. The NT4 will have to wait till I move to a free state .

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#29]

What's the battery life?
View Quote
Haven't used it enough to go through a battery yet. The dot is very crisp though. Not much refraction in the glass.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Straight forward BolckII. Acog in a GDI mount(seems like its the flavor of the month). B5 grip stop is more comfortable then I thought it would be. And I know its not clone correct, but I decided to give the KAC QDC can a whirl and so far I like it. Feels about the same as the Surefire Socom as weight and length goes on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#31]
Originally Posted By N2CH_556:

Yup.  They're drying up, becoming harder to find.  Google VCAS-PB-200-OA
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Lets review sling options. What are you guys using?  
Vickers padded VCAS with QDs.  Don't think they make this one anymore, though I can't understand why; great sling.

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Lets review sling options. What are you guys using?  
Vickers padded VCAS with QDs.  Don't think they make this one anymore, though I can't understand why; great sling.

Trying to do some research and there just doesn't seem like there is any information out there. I knew when I bought this sling, there were people paying upwards of $200 dollars (I remember one selling for closer to $300 even) because it was AOR1 which, I believe, Blue Force Gear does not offer anymore. Does anyone know if these slings are still desirable or sought after? TIA...

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked up an ACOG for my Block II to replace the T1.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Picked up an ACOG for my Block II to replace the T1.  

http://i.imgur.com/VktGk7Sh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AEBVfXDh.jpg
View Quote
What ACOG and mount is that? Looks good!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Raptor83:

What ACOG and mount is that? Looks good!
View Quote
TA31RSR, limited edition model from 2012.  It's basically a green TA31H reticle (horseshoe and dot) in an anodized FDE TA31ECOS body.  The mount is a Geissele in DDC.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone with a Block 2 and the A1 contour barrel please tell me what it weighs with no mag and just the flip sights please?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#36]

Current Setup!! Soon to replace the Acog with a NF 2.5x10x24.

https://i.redd.it/kft4o3v9b6uy.jpg
View Quote
I have a similar setup; KAC micro 2-6, acog in GDI mount, and RIS II.

How do you like the offset T1? Is there enough space with the two rail slots to mount the larue offset mount on the receiver? Maybe if it was switched around with the lever pointing forward?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Got rid of my aimpoint pro for a bushnell elite tactical 1-6.5.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Just threw this together.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

TA31RSR, limited edition model from 2012.  It's basically a green TA31H reticle (horseshoe and dot) in an anodized FDE TA31ECOS body.  The mount is a Geissele in DDC.  

http://i.imgur.com/bBaQxFNh.jpg
View Quote
THAT is fucking hot!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:27:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#40]
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Someone with a Block 2 and the A1 contour barrel please tell me what it weighs with no mag and just the flip sights please?
View Quote
@Combat_Jack

Need fuel to fight joglee? I was wishing I had exact numbers too. In the thread that got deleted about the IAR I posted the difference between an M4 and M4A1 MWS vs an M27.

I have:

M4A1 Block II M4A1 RIS II URG with sights and sling mount (these have a standard M4 profile barrel)- 4 lb 11.9 oz

M4A1 Block II M4A1 RIS II FSP URG with sights and sling mount (these have a M4A1 SOCOM profile barrel)- 5 lb 1.2 oz

I'm looking for the following weights:

M4 upper with Matech BUIS, M4 RAS and side sling swivel

M4A1 HB upper with Matech BUIS, M4 RAS and side sling swivel

M4 lower with new style stock and H or H2 buffer

M4A1 lower with new style stock, CQD plate and H or H2 buffer
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#41]
That's exactly why

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#42]
That's exactly why

Thanks!
View Quote
@Combat_Jack

The LRG is a little over 2 lbs and the M4 with regular hand guards is advertised as 6 lb 6 oz (not sure if that is with a carry handle or not). There's no way any naked M4A1 is 7 lb 13 oz vs the M27's 7 lb 15 oz like he said.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#43]
Originally Posted By Yankeefoxtrot:
Got rid of my aimpoint pro for a bushnell elite tactical 1-6.5.  

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/grantmadelineboss/Mobile%20Uploads/0BB699B5-D91E-48C6-BB2C-0A50104CA845_zpshpn01mfb.jpg
View Quote
what foregrip is that? been looking for something like this... thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, found its a wilcox
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

@Combat_Jack

The LRG is a little over 2 lbs and the M4 with regular hand guards is advertised as 6 lb 6 oz (not sure if that is with a carry handle or not). There's no way any naked M4A1 is 7 lb 13 oz vs the M27's 7 lb 15 oz like he said.
View Quote
Y'all do realize I read tech right? I mean I try to keep my replies technical as well.

My weight for the M4A1 came from PEO soldier, so take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By joglee:

Y'all do realize I read tech right? I mean I try to keep my replies technical as well.

View Quote
If PEO Soldier told me the sky was blue I'd go outside and check.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#46]

If PEO Soldier told me the sky was blue I'd go outside and check.
View Quote
Lol

I will attempt to weigh my clone tonight, however all I have is a bathroom scale, so it may not be perfect.

I have a A1 clone with Matech and the new ambi safety.

Only thing it doesn't have is an auto sear. It does have paint 3 layers of paint on it though so it may weigh slightly heavy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

@Combat_Jack

I have nothing to hide. I was surprised that I was agreeing with you about mrgunsngear's meltdown tests a week or so ago.

You have to admit that in an apples to apples comparison (i.e. same profile barrel and same hand guard), the 416 will be heavier than the AR15.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#48]

I have nothing to hide. I was surprised that I was agreeing with you about mrgunsngear's meltdown tests a week or so ago.

You have to admit that in an apples to apples comparison (i.e. same profile barrel and same hand guard), the 416 will be heavier than the AR15.
View Quote
Well I'll weight my rifle tonight, with that we should be able to extrapolate weights.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:34:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#49]
So my M4A1 weighs 3.2kg bare with just the KAC RAS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#50]
So my M4A1 weighs 3.2kg bare with just the KAC RAS
View Quote
So not 7.8 lbs? Does it have a Matech and side sling swivel?
Page / 907
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top