BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#1]
Scope is fine, black. Needs a long collar and SOPMOD stock, though.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K_weez:
LT111 showed up! F1 fits great in there and the eye relief is perfect.

Now I gotta decide if I want to paint my nightforce or not

http://i.imgur.com/cAFGh1h.jpg?1
View Quote

EDIT:
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]

View Quote

It's ok black, but if you paint it do it rattlecan so it can be removed easily
You have too damn many clones.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

That's a good looking Mod1 I like the camo pattern.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bayrunner] [#4]
I want one of those M110 so bad!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Scope is fine, black. Needs a long collar and SOPMOD stock, though.

EDIT:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/496/32090384271_b19a1b973a_o.jpg
View Quote

I'm so wet right now.. Nice rifles man!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Piecing together my Mod 1 right now, got almost all the hard stuff out of the way, now I'm nitpicking on the small stuff.

If I roll with a SOPMOD, does anyone know if there's a standard end/sling plate? I was gonna roll with a standard QD, but then I started thinking, and shortly after that, overthinking, and few beers later, fretting it.

I know most M4s just sling through the CAR stock, but I was curious if there was typically a specific endplate guys used when they couldn't loop through the stock. Any help is much advanced. Here's hoping my CLE barrel gets in before schedule. Can't believe I found a KAC!

I blame all of you guys/this thread for giving me a swift shove down the slippery slope that is Mk12 builds. Let's just hope I don't hate myself for rattlecanning over this KAC rail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Piecing together my Mod 1 right now, got almost all the hard stuff out of the way, now I'm nitpicking on the small stuff.

If I roll with a SOPMOD, does anyone know if there's a standard end/sling plate? I was gonna roll with a standard QD, but then I started thinking, and shortly after that, overthinking, and few beers later, fretting it.

I know most M4s just sling through the CAR stock, but I was curious if there was typically a specific endplate guys used when they couldn't loop through the stock. Any help is much advanced. Here's hoping my CLE barrel gets in before schedule. Can't believe I found a KAC!

I blame all of you guys/this thread for giving me a swift shove down the slippery slope that is Mk12 builds. Let's just hope I don't hate myself for rattlecanning over this KAC rail.
View Quote

lol, if that happens, you just give ol' Utah a ring. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

lol, if that happens, you just give ol' Utah a ring. 
View Quote

LOL! I've been reading through this entire thread in my spare time. I'm on page 160-something outta 787. I'm glad to see you're still on the paint train after all of these years. A buddy of mine sent me an image of his Mod 1 and it sold me. This'll be my first paint job. Seeing his broken in so nicely made me wonder why the hell people even Cerakote.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#9]
Not sure the wife would approve of my use of our daughters birthday backdrop

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By chenault:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG-1112-152829.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Man, that looks sharp. How are you enjoying that RDS up that high? Was contemplating one on a 45 degree on half of a Larue ring.

On an unrelated note since I'm full of questions tonight. Does anyone know which Ops Inc/Allen Engineering collar is correct for the Mod 1. Is it the short or long? I know some combination of the mod 0 and a short/long can be problematic. I'm assuming the Mod 1 can run with either, but what's correct.

Also, can anyone confirm that the AEM5 comes with a collar? I heard this and it sounded too good to be true, but if I can save $25, I'd be glad to once I get my paperwork in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Man, that looks sharp. How are you enjoying that RDS up that high? Was contemplating one on a 45 degree on half of a Larue ring.

On an unrelated note since I'm full of questions tonight. Does anyone know which Ops Inc/Allen Engineering collar is correct for the Mod 1. Is it the short or long? I know some combination of the mod 0 and a short/long can be problematic. I'm assuming the Mod 1 can run with either, but what's correct.

Also, can anyone confirm that the AEM5 comes with a collar? I heard this and it sounded too good to be true, but if I can save $25, I'd be glad to once I get my paperwork in.
View Quote

Lol thanks I think the pink puff really sets it off.

The correct collar for both is the long
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#13]

LOL! I've been reading through this entire thread in my spare time. I'm on page 160-something outta 787. I'm glad to see you're still on the paint train after all of these years. A buddy of mine sent me an image of his Mod 1 and it sold me. This'll be my first paint job. Seeing his broken in so nicely made me wonder why the hell people even Cerakote.
View Quote

That is precisely the attitude the rattle-can inspires.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#14]

That is precisely the attitude the rattle-can inspires.
View Quote

Oh, I know I've already got the bug bad. I can't bring myself to paint the Nightforce, but the rest is easy. Just gotta get over the rail. I wish they were more readily available so I didn't feel so bad!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Oh, I know I've already got the bug bad. I can't bring myself to paint the Nightforce, but the rest is easy. Just gotta get over the rail. I wish they were more readily available so I didn't feel so bad!
View Quote

Don't sweat it.  Look at mine it was fully painted a month ago, stripped so well you can't even tell.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Don't sweat it.  Look at mine it was fully painted a month ago, stripped so well you can't even tell.
View Quote

Say whaaaa?! You just sold me. I knew you could strip em, but I assumed once the deed was done, there was never really going back to totally black again. Thanks for letting me know that! I was just getting ready to paint it black if I hated it. Hahaha
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Say whaaaa?! You just sold me. I knew you could strip em, but I assumed once the deed was done, there was never really going back to totally black again. Thanks for letting me know that! I was just getting ready to paint it black if I hated it. Hahaha
View Quote

Yep shed a whole lb and a half doing it.  If you don't like it by this stuff.  I've tried everything else and this is by far the best.

If you do decide to ever do it I suggest you strip the lower all the way down, makes life easier and lets the parts dry so they don't rust.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Sticks out like a sore thumb. Get busy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sticks out like a sore thumb. Get busy.

Scope is fine, black.

Lol exactly

Needs a long collar and SOPMOD stock, though.

speak of the devil my friend.

Used to rock the sopmod when it was black and shared a lower with my other rifle. Definitely thinking about putting one back on it.

Originally Posted By ghicks80:

That's a good looking Mod1 I like the camo pattern.

Thank you.

Originally Posted By exhogflyer:

It's ok black, but if you paint it do it rattlecan so it can be removed easily
You have too damn many clones.....

It's been a long winter. One on the end will end up a block 2 clone hopefully.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
http://i.imgur.com/HgusgWO.jpg
View Quote

Long arm of the SPR

Looks great. I like the lower.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:27:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#21]

View Quote

Just do it.

My Holland with painted NF scope

I'll admit, I was a bit hesitant at first but now don't regret it all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Lol thanks I think the pink puff really sets it off.

The correct collar for both is the long
View Quote

Not being an ass, but why is there even a short collar of long is spec?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I'm using a gen 1 SOPMOD with some 550 cord through the sling loops and an HK hook on my sling... I like having the sling back at the end of the stock.  I bought a 6920 and parted it out but kept the upper, lower, bcg, etc and don't really care enough to tear it apart.  

A lot of people use this CQD Sling Plate and it's what was on one of the rifles in the Lone Survivor movie.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By airman23:
I'm getting ready to complete the  assembly of my MK12 Mod0 upper. I've got the Allen engineering AEMB Muzzle brake and SPR collar. I got mine from ADCO but it didn't come with any instructions on how to install the brake as far as making  sure it's clocked correctly etc. Does anybody out there know or can point me in the right directions as far as installing the Muzzle brake

Thanx.
View Quote

Had the same issue in October, just an empty box from ADCO with the brake/collar taped to the inside.  I know you probably don't need this anymore a week later, but here's a (less crumpled ) PDF that Ron Allen sent me when I emailed AE if anyone wants it.  Ron even offered to walk me through it over the phone.

http://i.imgur.com/nYaBku8.png
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#25]
http://i.imgur.com/HgusgWO.jpg
View Quote

There's the arm and garage door thing again
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:53:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ghicks80] [#26]

I think I'm happy with the paint. Tried for a nothing fancy green and brown.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Operation parts has Ballistic Advantage MK12 barrels for 210.00. 6 in stock. Average deal for a solid barrel.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got her together. She will definitely get a proper paint job when I find some correct glass.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:

Just do it.

View Quote

Haha, love that you painted the scope, but left some other things black. I'm still not sure I have the balls to do it. Especially if I end up swapping the glass later. I'm leaving my barrel black, as well, so it won't look 100% out of place. Everything else is getting painted, though.

And hopefully it'll come out half as nice as yours is!

View Quote

Also curious as to this.

Originally Posted By KavonTN:

I'm using a gen 1 SOPMOD with some 550 cord through the sling loops and an HK hook on my sling... I like having the sling back at the end of the stock.  I bought a 6920 and parted it out but kept the upper, lower, bcg, etc and don't really care enough to tear it apart.  

A lot of people use this CQD Sling Plate and it's what was on one of the rifles in the Lone Survivor movie.
View Quote

Oooh, buying a 6920 and piecing it out for all the Colt stuff. That's something I hadn't considered. We all know how hard it is to get a Colt lower.... As if my wallet wasn't thin as it is...

Thanks for addressing the end plate question! I was worried that had gone by unnoticed. I've always been a QD guy, but this is making me branch out a bit. I know Lone Survivor is Mk12 heavy. I haven't seen it in a while, but I'll have to look up those rifles. They're all HCS, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:23:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#30]

View Quote

Watch out.  Your daughter might see that pic and think it's her Birthday present!!!!!!  LOL.  

It's a perfect background.  Tell her Happy Birthday for us all!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chincy] [#31]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:
Just got her together. She will definitely get a proper paint job when I find some correct glass.

http://i67.tinypic.com/4qo6si.jpg
View Quote

damn this is slick, straight 20 rounder just looks right at home.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Probably over thinking this, but what S lock do people use on the Harris bipod?
I see a few different ones @Midway, Brownells, and then Harris themselves.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Haha, love that you painted the scope, but left some other things black. I'm still not sure I have the balls to do it. Especially if I end up swapping the glass later. I'm leaving my barrel black, as well, so it won't look 100% out of place. Everything else is getting painted, though.

Also curious as to this.

Oooh, buying a 6920 and piecing it out for all the Colt stuff. That's something I hadn't considered. We all know how hard it is to get a Colt lower.... As if my wallet wasn't thin as it is...

Thanks for addressing the end plate question! I was worried that had gone by unnoticed. I've always been a QD guy, but this is making me branch out a bit. I know Lone Survivor is Mk12 heavy. I haven't seen it in a while, but I'll have to look up those rifles. They're all HCS, IIRC.
View All Quotes

Just do it.

Also curious as to this.

Originally Posted By KavonTN:

If he still has any left there was a guy selling complete 6920 lowers for $300 in the EE. I thought I saw some familiar names buying them
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

There's the arm and garage door thing again
View Quote

I'm gonna make this become trendy like MilSpec with his CQD pics .
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I got another clone rifle...a little different though.

Original issued M24 (w/Ultra M3A scope) will all original parts except for the barrel

Here is the thread if you're interested in the rifle/story.

I'm sure everyone has seen this before but came across it in another thread. It's some fridge magnet from Crane.
Notice anything about the Mod 1? haha
(Credit to usnguns for the photo)

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I got another clone rifle...a little different though.

Original issued M24 (w/Ultra M3A scope) will all original parts except for the barrel

Here is the thread if you're interested in the rifle/story.

I'm sure everyone has seen this before but came across it in another thread. It's some fridge magnet from Crane.
Notice anything about the Mod 1? haha
(Credit to usnguns for the photo)

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/0627151751_zpskztlj1vh.jpg~original
View Quote

I always wanted one of those!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#37]

I'm gonna make this become trendy like MilSpec with his CQD pics .
View Quote

I dig it
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]
My M24 rebuild and the MK12 mod 0, having a lot of fun with both.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:

http://i67.tinypic.com/4qo6si.jpg
View Quote

How are you going to justify taking that one to work with you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Daddy's getting closer!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:55:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCDXXV] [#41]
I've been trying to figure that out myself.

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

How are you going to justify taking that one to work with you?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:16:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ghicks80] [#42]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Thanks
View Quote

I use the kmw pod loc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#43]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Congrats on the can stamp clearing.

I have no idea. I literally went in the junk drawer in the kitchen, found a roll of twine and used it.

I would think any old twine would do.
View Quote

Finally got around wrapping up the Luttrell-like twine cover ;).  Came out pretty decent I think - threw some paint on it should be ready to go for tomorrow's range trip... Forgive the messy cell phone pic...

Also put the fixed stock back on - really would prefer to run the A1 but the ER just doesn't work for me... A2 will have to do.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#44]

I use the kmw pod loc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Thanks

I use the kmw pod loc.
That's what I used on both of mine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#46]
http://i.imgur.com/oxSD3jb.jpg
View Quote

Man I know that scope isn't really clone correct, but I love the look of it and for the prices they go used that is one heck of a scope for the money
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Can you guys post some pics of in the wild mod1s using the LaRue mount? Wanting to go a different route than the ARMS rings, but don't want to sacrifice clone correctness for comfort. Also, what mount yall using for the doctor on the trr?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
Can you guys post some pics of in the wild mod1s using the LaRue mount? Wanting to go a different route than the ARMS rings, but don't want to sacrifice clone correctness for comfort. Also, what mount yall using for the doctor on the trr?
View Quote

NF or Leupold scope? If you are going with a NF you could use NF rings too. As far as the LT-104, clone correct or not you know you will always feel a little ashamed and dirty for offending the Mk12 gods.

Docter mounts are hard to find or stupid expensive.  I am trying to find a 45* Matt Burkett mount for my holland and a low weaver or pic rail mount for a HK.  LMT makes a set of mounts for $200+ and Docter has mounts listed on their website here not sure of availability because I can't find that weaver mount w/o wings anywhere. I believe most or all JPoint mounts fit as well. I think there is a el cheepo NC Star mount for it too(the one they used in the Lone Survivor movie) maybe you could get that to hold you over and/or see if you like the Dr up there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone have a thread protector that they are never going to use again that they want to sell (or give away ) ??
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Anyone have a thread protector that they are never going to use again that they want to sell (or give away ) ??
View Quote

I think I may.  Let me do some digging.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top