Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 142 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 7:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#1]

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What was the correct USMC issue sling for the A4? I think I saw Blue Force Gear mentioned in a post some pages back, but can’t find it again. If this is correct can any one tell me the name of this sling and any attachments/adaptors, or provide any NSN for them. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eyesky31:
What was the correct USMC issue sling for the A4? I think I saw Blue Force Gear mentioned in a post some pages back, but can’t find it again. If this is correct can any one tell me the name of this sling and any attachments/adaptors, or provide any NSN for them. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

In 03-07, we were issued the green web sling.  People purchased CQB Solutions/Specter gear 3 point slings and that was the preferable choice.  Sometimes if we couldn't get that, we used the Mamba sling, which sucked on the heavier A4, and was marginal on the lighter A2.

Venture surplus is selling some, but it looks likey they don't include the front and rear straps that go on the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on the unit 2 pts were still being issued back in 07. Hell some were still fielding A2s. When I got deployed in 07, we were issued brand new A4s. Several of us bought 3 PT slings of varying brands. I ended up with a Blackhawk 3pt which served me well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By usmc_noma:
Depending on the unit 2 pts were still being issued back in 07. Hell some were still fielding A2s. When I got deployed in 07, we were issued brand new A4s. Several of us bought 3 PT slings of varying brands. I ended up with a Blackhawk 3pt which served me well.
View Quote

I had an A2 with a 3 point sling in 07.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been searching through this thread and know that the TA31 and Aimpoint PRO are clone correct.

Can someone tell me if there are other aimpoint models that are clone correct? I want a red dot but don't like the PRO due to the obscure battery that it takes.

Is the COMP M4 or M5 clone correct?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Nintendo64:
I've been searching through this thread and know that the TA31 and Aimpoint PRO are clone correct.

Can someone tell me if there are other aimpoint models that are clone correct? I want a red dot but don't like the PRO due to the obscure battery that it takes.

View Quote

PRO was never an issued optic.

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 4:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#10]
Originally Posted By Nintendo64:

View Quote

I’m guessing you’re thinking of the CompM2 as opposed to the PRO. Lots of cloners get the PRO and change out a couple of caps to make it look like a CompM2. While I prefer the original, almost-antique CompM2, some guys like to go the PRO route, as the newer optic has better battery life, dot, & surely other upgrades/improvements too.

But, you already said you don’t like that optic.

While you’re mainly going to see the usual suspects, the ACOG and the CompM2, you could also use a carry handle, an EOTech, the CompM4 you asked about, and I’m sure there are others I am unaware of as well. I’ve also seen all kinds of variable magnification glass on A4s, most of which was probably privately purchased.

Here are a few pics I found from a very limited search:

A4s w/carry handles:

A4s w/EOTechs:

512 above? hard to tell, but looks like it

A4s w/CompM4s:

and don’t forget your toothpick!

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#11]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

I’m guessing you’re thinking of the CompM2 as opposed to the PRO. Lots of cloners get the PRO and change out a couple of caps to make it look like a CompM2. While I prefer the original, almost-antique CompM2, some guys like to go the PRO route, as the newer optic has better battery life, dot, & surely other upgrades/improvements too.

While you’re mainly going to see the usual suspects, the ACOG and the CompM2, you could also use a carry handle, an EOTech, the CompM4 you asked about, and I’m sure there are others I am unaware of as well. I’ve also seen all kinds of variable magnification glass on A4s, most of which was probably privately purchased.

A4s w/EOTechs:

https://i.imgur.com/l43gEZt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vgPjIp2.jpg

View Quote

552 most likely.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#12]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

552 most likely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A4s w/EOTechs:

https://i.imgur.com/l43gEZt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vgPjIp2.jpg

552 most likely.

Yeah, that’s very possible - especially if they were outfitted w/nods. Then again, I have seen service photos of different units in different branches using actual 512s. I’m guessing the guys using the 512s probably didn’t have NV. I emphasize the ‘guessing’ part of my statement. I’m just a civvie that loves all things AR.

ETA: Pic Thread (reminiscing - she was still a virgin - brings a tear to my eye)

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#13]

I’m just a civvie that loves all things AR.
View Quote

Same  man.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Would the LaRue LT799 be the correct aftermarket QD mount for the ACOG?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have a source on reasonably priced m5 RAS? Looking to stay around $250.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By elementfreak431:
View Quote

I only see a few on gunbroker for $300
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

EE had one go for $220 and a new one with all the rails and grip for $350.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:

Thoroughbred Armament now.

They won't last.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#19]

They won't last.
View Quote

KAC M5’s show to be out of stock, but just ordered a new P&S M5 with covers/grip for $225.00 shipped. I think that deal will be hard to beat. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#20]

They won't last.
View Quote

Thanks - Picked up a P&S rail with guards and foregrip for $225. Great deal!
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By eyesky31:

KAC M5’s show to be out of stock, but just ordered a new P&S M5 with covers/grip for $225.00 shipped. I think that deal will be hard to beat. Thanks for the heads up.
View Quote

Thanks - Picked up a P&S rail with guards and foregrip for $225. Great deal!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Free to good home, just pay shipping.  First person to EMAIL ME gets it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By officerX:
Free to good home, just pay shipping.  First person to EMAIL ME gets it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335460/483C472B-E257-440B-A1E8-2CFE4FD2C759-2729439.jpg
View Quote

Email sent
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Email sent
View Quote

Yours
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#26]
I went back to A2 handguards, I actually like the A2 handguards a bit more than the M5 ras. The rail covers are just dumb weight and the vfg is pretty useless, especially in prone position.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FlamingDragon:
I went back to A2 handguards, I actually like the A2 handguards a bit more than the M5 ras. The rail covers are just dumb weight and the vfg is pretty useless, especially in prone position.
View Quote

Couldn't agree more... The long rail on the A4 never made sense to me unless it's for a clone that you intend to hang on the wall as "art". It just makes it too heavy overall and even worse it makes it front heavy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't mind the RAS. **Brownells just had some in stock, don't know if they're sold out**.

We had Specter gear slings iirc in 2009. Switched over the BFG 2 point in 2011. I bought a specter sling just for the mounts. Instead of a 3 point I use an MS1. My BCM 20" was more so a loosely based A4gery.

I have a surplus FN A4 upper that I want built into an A4. I'm not going with the RCO though. TA11 because at the price that acogs go for I'm just going to get something with better eye relief.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Were A4s issued in the GWOT sometimes still outfitted with plastic A2 handguards or were all A4s issued with the M5 RAS, as seen in most pics from the sandbox?
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Were A4s issued in the GWOT sometimes still outfitted with plastic A2 handguards or were all A4s issued with the M5 RAS, as seen in most pics from the sandbox?
View Quote

I can't say definitively but in 04 all our new A4s came with rails.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Some documentation referred to the M16A4 as having the plastic handguard and detachable carry handle while the M16A4 MWS had the rail.

But as far as I can tell, it was mainly ordered with the rail installed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tengo1] [#33]
View Quote

Plenty of Guard and Reserve units in early 03-04 showed up with plastic handguards. Unsure on active.

*NEVERMIND. I’m picturing A2’s in my head.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By usmc_noma:
View Quote

I had an a2 until 2011.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:32:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#35]
View Quote

Seen many A2 and A4 with round handguards.  However, very few A4s in Army hands.  Seem most went from the A2 to M4s.

CD
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Seen many A2 and A4 with round handguards.  However, very few A4s in Army hands.  Seem most went from the A2 to M4s.

CD
View All Quotes

CD

Thanks CD, Postal0311 & 03RN.

I’m considering buying some plastic handguards for my A4 clone to switch things up for a while. Wasn’t sure if that would be clone kosher or just plain wrong. After seeing you guys’ responses, I’m assuming while it wasn’t seen often with A2 handguards, it would still be correct.

If I understood that correctly, any suggestions where I could find authentic Colt A2 hand guards?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#37]

I’m considering buying some plastic handguards for my A4 clone to switch things up for a while. Wasn’t sure if that would be clone kosher or just plain wrong. After seeing you guys’ responses, I’m assuming while it wasn’t seen often with A2 handguards, it would still be correct.

If I understood that correctly, any suggestions where I could find authentic Colt A2 hand guards?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Good-deal-A2-handguards/127-777330/

Good info here. ^^^
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

CD

Colt from Brownells or Windham Weaponry. They both use/sell the exact same authentic real mil-spec A2 handguards.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Good info here. ^^^
View All Quotes

Good info here. ^^^

You're always more on top of things than I am around here... Even if you only beat me by a couple of minutes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Some documentation referred to the M16A4 as having the plastic handguard and detachable carry handle while the M16A4 MWS had the rail.

But as far as I can tell, it was mainly ordered with the rail installed.
View Quote

My buddy confirmed his A4 had A2 plastic handguards and carry handle.

Army, Iraq '09
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Yeah we took some overseas when I deployed in that configuration.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks again to all who replied. I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Shlouf:
A4 lowers on sale at palmetto

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-m16a4-stripped-lower-receiver.html
View Quote

Thanks for this.. I picked one up before they are 2000 dollars each due to Communism
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Working on my clone now, but according to the original post M4 feed ramps are still in spec?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Working on my clone now, but according to the original post M4 feed ramps are still in spec?
View Quote

Actual M16A4s had rifle feedramps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Is anybody running a specter gear buttstock pouch with a USGI silent sling attached to it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Colt AR15A4. Fairly basic for right now except for the Geissele SSA-E, Colt CS stock and PRI Latch...

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:57:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#49]
Originally Posted By airgunner:
Colt AR15A4. Fairly basic for right now except for the Geissele SSA-E, Colt CS stock and PRI Latch...

https://i.imgur.com/crJBWsw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0l1vL88.jpg
View Quote

Nice!

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 3:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CATM] [#50]
Sorry the pic sucks. My phone has a crack across the lense and it doesn't focus worth a damn. My Colt A4.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 142 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top