User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Even in GD, no woman has ever been attacked, mocked, chastised or otherwise degraded for making a sandwich and doing the dishes.

True. Story.

TRG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Puhlease...

Try being a white male these days.   Find something that they are not blamed, castigated, pilloried and parodied about.

The War on White Males ... not as kitschy or catchy, you know?

I'm just thankful I'm black.

TRG

Oh, I agree absolutely: white males are contemporary western society's whipping boys which is why you'll seldom if ever see me criticize them, and, when I do, it's usually for putting up with that shit.

But this thread isn't about how white males are viewed by contemporary western society, rather how women are viewed by GD.  

Even in GD, no woman has ever been attacked, mocked, chastised or otherwise degraded for making a sandwich and doing the dishes.

True. Story.

TRG

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
This is in the Women's Shooters section. Can we act like it, please?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i think PMM told me that Jen had gotten married, moved, had babies, and is currently living happy ever after
View Quote

I love a happy ending.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
People lie on the internet?

It's like this:  Guns are mostly owned by men, therefore a gun forum will be mostly male.  Get a bunch of red-blooded men together, especially in the context of being mostly anonymous, and we're going to say some crude stuff about women.  Some of the stuff is real, but a lot of it is hyperbole because we're with guys.  Generally speaking, we act differently in real life because women smell nice.

GD isn't really a place for thin-skinned people, male or female.  Honestly, SPJ seems like a nice lady but if she's so sensitive about degenerate posters then perhaps sticking to Team, state forums, or the technical forums would be better.  Arfcom is full of great people.

JMHO

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1715587_Fat_women_are_not_curvy.html
Guess this is why I was warned not to venture into the GD.  Mouth breathers.  

Many of them aren't getting laid and it's making them angry.

And I doubt 80% of them are the chiseled gods they pretend to be.

People lie on the internet?

It's like this:  Guns are mostly owned by men, therefore a gun forum will be mostly male.  Get a bunch of red-blooded men together, especially in the context of being mostly anonymous, and we're going to say some crude stuff about women.  Some of the stuff is real, but a lot of it is hyperbole because we're with guys.  Generally speaking, we act differently in real life because women smell nice.

GD isn't really a place for thin-skinned people, male or female.  Honestly, SPJ seems like a nice lady but if she's so sensitive about degenerate posters then perhaps sticking to Team, state forums, or the technical forums would be better.  Arfcom is full of great people.

JMHO

I am in the women's forum.

Its not that I'm sensitive. I just know what wonderful amazing women we have on this site.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't think SPJ was using "we" to refer to the female members, rather to women in general.  As a group, I don't think the ARFettes are treated any differently than the men, but one can post things about women as a gender that wouldn't be tolerated for any other group, with the possible exception of homosexuals.

Disagree?  "Bitches be crazy" is a shibboleth in GD.  Make a habit of posting "N_____s be lazy" and see how long you remain a member.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really don't know why I'm still here. Everyone  is protected except women.

We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers. Single mom's are the devil and don't deserve happiness.

We are too old. We are too young. We will never make anyone happy.

I think I summed up this site.

You have your own forum here and specific rules to protect you in it.

Do we need to add a tampon avatar to the females on the site so we can know how to treat them in GD?

More than half of you I didn't even realize were women.

Up till now I thought Db8 was a dude.

Lumpy's always been transgendered in my mind though.

TRG

I don't think SPJ was using "we" to refer to the female members, rather to women in general.  As a group, I don't think the ARFettes are treated any differently than the men, but one can post things about women as a gender that wouldn't be tolerated for any other group, with the possible exception of homosexuals.

Disagree?  "Bitches be crazy" is a shibboleth in GD.  Make a habit of posting "N_____s be lazy" and see how long you remain a member.

Ta-Da! Thanks for putting it where you can understand it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers. Single mom's are the devil and don't deserve happiness.

Do we need to add a tampon avatar to the females on the site so we can know how to treat them in GD?

TRG

Men are pigs.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Men are pigs.

TRG

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Men are pigs.

TRG

Bullshit. Stop just posting cop outs  

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Men are pigs.

TRG

Cop outs?

You've obviously not spent much time as a man.

I speak from first hand experience here.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:37:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cop outs?

TRG
View Quote

I'm going to see if I can translate SPJ and the other ladies here.

They're complaining about what is said about women in general in GD, not the real world. I've only been on the site a few years, but I have never seen a thread in any section of this vast forum mentioned "men are pigs" or anything to that effect. However, on any given day of the week or hour, you can step into GD and see a thread about how women are crazy, "guilty or not", etc.

That said, I don't really give a shit what the men on here think of women, or what whoever thinks of whomever about whatever. Opinions are as abundant as assholes, and unfortunately, we can't live without them.

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They're complaining about what is said about women in general in GD, not the real world. I've only been on the site a few years, but I have never seen a thread in any section of this vast forum mentioned "men are pigs" or anything to that effect. However, on any given day of the week or hour, you can step into GD and see a thread about how women are crazy, "guilty or not", etc.

That said, I don't really give a shit what the men on here think of women, or what whoever thinks of whomever about whatever. Opinions are as abundant as assholes, and unfortunately, we can't live without them.

Edited for clarity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop outs?

TRG

Edited for clarity.

You mean to tell me that on a male dominated website, populated by men who have problems with women (Bronies, Neckbeards, Chronic Virgins, Fat Bodies, White Knights, Teenagers, Mid-Life Crisis Survivors, Divorcees, Anti-Abortion, et al) that there is a base level of misogyny and sexism and an undercurrent of fear and resentment of women?

Shocked, I say.

Shocked.

This is not an Arfcom issue.  

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

TRG
View Quote

Perhaps not.  But it is patently an ARFCOM characteristic.  And when that dysfunctionality manifests itself as egregiously offensive sexual comments directed toward Second Amendment supporting female legislators, all but the most abysmally clueless recognize the behavior as self-defeating in terms of defending gun rights.

Not that they care, obviously.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Perhaps not.  But it is patently an ARFCOM characteristic.  And when that dysfunctionality manifests itself as egregiously offensive sexual comments directed toward Second Amendment supporting female legislators, all but the most abysmally clueless recognize the behavior as self-defeating in terms of defending gun rights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

They don't care because they don't see the problem.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers.
Single mom's are the devil and don't deserve happiness.

View Quote

So, if I went to a site where 95% of the participants were female, what would I find?  We're too controlling, we aren't ambitious enough.  We let ourselves go.  We don't have common sense.  We're too close to our mothers.  We're too old.  We're too young.  We will never make anyone happy....

And in terms of attractiveness, women are often persuaded by that more than any other factor.  I remember discussing Clinton with middle aged women, and all they could say was "He's easy on the eyes..."

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

Then it is incumbent on those of us who do to lead them into the light.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So, if I went to a site where 95% of the participants were female, what would I find?  We're too controlling, we aren't ambitious enough.  We let ourselves go.  We don't have common sense.  We're too close to our mothers.  We're too old.  We're too young.  We will never make anyone happy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers.

So, if I went to a site where 95% of the participants were female, what would I find?  We're too controlling, we aren't ambitious enough.  We let ourselves go.  We don't have common sense.  We're too close to our mothers.  We're too old.  We're too young.  We will never make anyone happy.

So you're telling me y'all act like a bunch of women?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm telling you that lots of complaints are merely projection.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, guy.  Sounds like you're saying men here act just like the women they bitch about.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So in other words, you're just giving them another excuse?

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

I gave up trying to explain to my dog that licking his butt, while pleasurable, was unhygienic.

It was simpler to just not let him lick me on the face.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't know, guy.  Sounds like you're saying men here act just like the women they bitch about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I gave up trying to explain to my dog that licking his butt, while pleasurable, was unhygienic.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

TRG

In truth, I can't fault you for this.  I just have a weakness for lost causes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

I didn't judge him either.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you care?

Different people here have different opinions. Don't like a certain topic? Exit out of it, or create your own. You have a Woman's section here, no? How's it? Filled with disgusting male stereotypical nonsense? No? Looks pretty civilized.

There are sections of ARFCOM that are excellent, both in terms of technicality and FAQ's, or social networking. Then there is GD where people mostly BS, and don't take each other seriously, or they do.

I think most men here would treat a woman with respect, including myself, on ARFCOM, or outside of it. The times you see us, including myself, act foolish, or post ridiculous stuff is mostly done for entertainment in the appropriate sub sections. Relax. You are welcome here.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

TRG

Actually, I suspect you did, but by your expectations of canine intelligence. Obviously, would be inappropriate to have the same expectations of a dog as for a human being.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually, I suspect you did, but by your expectations of canine intelligence. Obviously, would be inappropriate to have the same expectations of a dog as for a human being.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

Frankly, I just assumed that if my tongue was long enough I might see his point.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Frankly, I just assumed that if my tongue was long enough I might see his point.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

TRG

That makes me sad.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That makes me sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

TRG

That makes me sad.

Me too.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Its seems I've touched a nerve. With the guys. In the women's forum.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#29]
if this forum and the ham radio forum were excluded from the default "Active Topics" button search,
y'all might be a tad more peaceful
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
if this forum and the ham radio forum were excluded from the default "Active Topics" button search,y'all might be a tad more peaceful
View Quote

FWIW,  I used to keep up with my friends in other states until they removed the Hometown Forums from the Active topics.

It sucks.  

It turned the HTFs in to backwaters.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would like to apologize for the ding dongs of which you speak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to apologize for the ding dongs of which you speak.

And I also. I have on occasion commented on a womans beauty in what was not a respectful manner.
I do not look down on women or think of them as something less than any other person,
but to me a woman is one of the most beautiful creations God graced the planet with.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#32]
TBH, I really wish the rest of the threads in the women's forum had as many replies as this thread addressing the goobers over in the GD does.  Ammirite?

Guns! Girly things! Pink camo BS!  Menopause...Anything...c'mon ladies!

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've seen Christians say that on the site.

I've seen fat people say that.

I'm pretty sure a Mormon or two has said that.

I've seen smokers say that.

I've seen people claim that Muslims are a protected class, yet I've seen Muslims get themselves banned from the site on at least one occasion.

Etc., etc.

For almost every woman hating Neanderthal there's a leg-humper on the site as well.  In fact, I believe that we've had a female arfcommer or two leave the site because the leg humpers became too overwhelming.  We've even had clubs of "minions" for particular female site members.  So obviously women aren't as persecuted and downtrodden on the site as it might appear at a glance of a "hot or not" thread.

I am sad, however, that some arf-women who I really appreciated have left the site or otherwise don't post nearly as often anymore.  PlaymoreMinds, DaisyWench, Psyops4Fun, and Bedhead come to mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen Christians say that on the site.

I've seen fat people say that.

I'm pretty sure a Mormon or two has said that.

I've seen smokers say that.

I've seen people claim that Muslims are a protected class, yet I've seen Muslims get themselves banned from the site on at least one occasion.

Etc., etc.

For almost every woman hating Neanderthal there's a leg-humper on the site as well.  In fact, I believe that we've had a female arfcommer or two leave the site because the leg humpers became too overwhelming.  We've even had clubs of "minions" for particular female site members.  So obviously women aren't as persecuted and downtrodden on the site as it might appear at a glance of a "hot or not" thread.

I am sad, however, that some arf-women who I really appreciated have left the site or otherwise don't post nearly as often anymore.  PlaymoreMinds, DaisyWench, Psyops4Fun, and Bedhead come to mind.

Also, SP1Girl. Can't remember if that is how you spell it but I used to read her posts.

MissMagnum? Titiana? Catsclaw?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Edited for stupid.

I'm not seeing the reason for Site Staff to be insulting in a tech forum.

I think Staff should have more class than to make this kind of edit/insult.  Especially in a technical forum.

Staff edit reported for COC violation:

6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

You made that edit to intentionally insult me and elicit a negative response.

TRG

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Take notes the next time there's a "What ARFCOM member do you most respect" thread.  Then bounce that list off the one of the guys who made junior-high-school-boy's-locker-room comments about Noem.  Highly instructive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's so good to know the men have so much respect towards female political allies. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1714211_Kristi_Noem__SD_Congresswoman___Hot_or_Not_.html&page=2

Take notes the next time there's a "What ARFCOM member do you most respect" thread.  Then bounce that list off the one of the guys who made junior-high-school-boy's-locker-room comments about Noem.  Highly instructive.

I think your statement about the comments being locker-room-esque points to the real problem.  I personally don't have a problem with rough language in a locker-room, or with a group of guys in one discussing their sexual attraction to a woman in the bawdiest of ways.  It becomes a problem when that same language is used in an inappropriate environment, such as in public.  It's easy to forget that GD is the internet equivalent of a public space.

A second problem is that with such a very small percentage of the forum being women, it's easy to forget that we are in mixed company.  I think that some of the ideas and sentiments you hear about your gender are being said by men who would never say such in a room full of women.  This next sentence might make a feminist pull her hair:  I personally try not to use foul language in front of females I don't know well.  It's not because I think they are delicate flowers who need to be protected or in some way weaker than men.  My mother broke horses for a living, and was a black belt.  She's a tough lady.  I dated a woman who served in the army.  While she generally comported herself like a lady, on certain occasions, like hitting her thumb with a hammer, she could string curse words together into what I swear was iambic pentameter.  In that context I found it endearing.  Nor am I Ned Flanders.  I have no problem telling one of my welders or mechanics that I'll stomp a mud puddle in his ass if he @#$%s with me.  Yet, that same language wouldn't be appropriate in a meeting with one of our corporate clients.  I choose not to use that kind of language in front of a female I don't know, not because I think she's delicate, but as a way of showing how much I respect and cherish ladies.  They're one of the best things we have.

Finally I think you're running up against the anonymous nature of the internet.  Look at the comments section of youtube videos or the latest news articles and you'll find people speaking to each other, and expressing opinions in ways most wouldn't dare do in person.  A certain large and miserable portion of every internet forum is composed of people who spend great amounts of time on it, because they are too socially dysfunctional to operate in the real world.  On the anonymous internet, their lack of tact and manners do not result in any repercussions.  They get to be the cool kids online with their snarky jokes, feigned detachment or juvenile shock tactics  when in real life the same would result in any decent man popping them upside the grape.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Sexism is like racism.  We all have it to some degree.
Speaking for myself, I sometimes parrot the jokes about women ("Make me a sammich!") for humor's sake, not for a moment really believing that any woman I associate with is consigned to the role of servant.  The older I get, though, the more I realize that racist or sexist jokes are, in and of themselves, racist and sexist, and that no amount of deflection ("C'mon, get thicker skin...) changes that fundamental fact, or the fact that telling them perpetrates the sexism and the racism.
An anonymous forum is a place where real sexists and racists can hide behind the jokes.  It's not really hard to sniff them out, and it's easy to just ignore them.  Women are not immune to this.
Sometimes in the 'type first, think later' world of an internet forum, people say things that paint them in a certain light.  It takes time to discern the nature of a man, or a woman.  I remember my very first interaction with PlaneJane.  I made a comment, and she blasted me for being a typical member of the He-Man Woman Hater Club.  I shot back that she didn't know me at all, and to her credit, she knew that she'd been reactive and judgemental.  Since then we've never had any bad words for each other.  In fact, I think of Jane as one of the more interesting and intellectually capable members here.
The world is full of stupid bigots, and people who are not stupid bigots.  After twelve years here I believe that the stupid bigots filter themselves out as time goes by.  It's not worth it to focus on the haters, and I really believe that this place is worth sticking around because of the good people who remain.  Yeah, there's always a fresh crop of stupid people coming in. Call it a target-rich environment, if you will...

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

When a significant proportion in the theads specifically intended to disparage women include a "In before PlaneJane" post or references to "the women here", or my all-time favorite, "ARFCOM's harpies", I'm confident that the men here are aware of women's presence on ARFCOM.  I'm equally confident the pleasure some here take in their flaunting sexism/misogyny is heightened by just that awareness.  In fact, you need not look far to see just such a case.

Otherwise, I see nothing in your post with which to take issue.

Quoted:
View Quote

Regarding our initial interaction, in my defense: if one would not be taken for a duck, don't quack.

Otherwise, I see nothing in your post with which to take issue and thank you for the kind words.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#39]
"ARFCOM's harpies?"

i had no idea some of the GD denizens were that literate
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

When a significant proportion in the theads specifically intended to disparage women include a "In before PlaneJane" post or references to "the women here", or my all-time favorite, "ARFCOM's harpies", I'm confident that the men here are aware of women's presence on ARFCOM.  I'm equally confident the pleasure some here take in their flaunting sexism/misogyny is heightened by just that awareness.  In fact, you need not look far to see just such a case.

Regarding our initial interaction, in my defense: if one would not be taken for a duck, don't quack.

Otherwise, I see nothing in your post with which to take issue and thank you for the kind words.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck.....

AFLAC!

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"ARFCOM's harpies?"

i had no idea some of the GD denizens were that literate
View Quote

I was impressed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

You opened a "hot or not" thread in GD hoping to find " a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature"?  Really?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the OP posted hot or not, I was kind of hoping to see a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature. A capability for critical thinking and action is probably the most attractive trait to be found in any male or female.

You opened a "hot or not" thread in GD hoping to find " a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature"?  Really?  

I didn't see the op's linked post before it was closed but I have to agree with this. Like XCR said everyone here has insulted another "group" of people at some point. No one makes you click on a thread and read it or post in it. You should have been able to tell by the title that it wasn't your kind of thread. If you couldn't then you should have been able to tell by reading some posts. That's when you choose to back out or post your opinion.

As for the treatment of women on this site, I think some of you want kittens and rainbows all the time and that's just not how the world works. It's absolutely false that women don't get special treatment here. We do. The regular COC applies plus many unwritten rules about how we are treated. It's evident in all of BOTD. If your surfing GD and you feel personally insulted by a member or members you have every opportunity to speak up right then and there. Or report it if you think it's a direct violation of the site rules. Taking up a cause for respect on a predominantly male board is a lost cause. What exactly do you want changed about how the men post? Like it or not arfcom is a business and they won't alienate there majority customer to please the minority.

Do I like reading threads that are insulting towards women as a whole? No. But I'm not going to punish everyone for a few posters ideals on women. Try not to take it personal unless it is about you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Beautiful_Stranger said it perfectly. Are there a few bad apples? Absolutely. Those few bad apples routinely say some pretty asinine, horrible things. My favorite so far has been the guys that have said, "if they didn't have vaginas, we'd hunt them with dogs," or "...there'd be a bounty on their heads." Site Staff can't be everywhere, monitoring everything, so there are a couple options.

1. Report button. If you truly feel it's a CoC volation, report it. If you want to report it to a specific member of the Site Staff, IM them a link.
2. Ignore button. If it's either not a CoC violaton, or you just don't report on people for whatever reason, ignore the asshole and move on.
3. Stay out of threads having anything to do with women. Ignorance can be bliss, and we can self select what we read bere.
4. Stay out of GD. We don't tell new women to stay out until they earn their Kevlar panties for nothing. There aren't many rules, and people go out of their way to be asshats. Sometimes they do it just to get a rise out of people.

I've been personally insulted many times in GD (just today, in fact). Yes, there's a pretty common attitude of misogyny and malcontent. There are also some great people there too. I really enjoy the 24/365 crew, and consider many of them to be friends.

I'm not keen on the anti-woman attitudes displayed by many, but I'm also not really in favor of further censorship. Either have some fun pointing out how shitty some people can be, report them, ignore them, or employ your own filters.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top