BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait until there is a school shooting...

BUT...BUT...BUT...they're gun free school zones.

Yes it is spring when a young (psycho) man's mind turns to love.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't trust the bitch.  There are rumors of a plan to ban the importation of assault weapon type ammo (.223, 5.56 x 39, .308 etc) through an Exceutive Order.  The gun grabbers wouldn't need an ASB bill then because with ammo at $2-3 a shell nobody could afford to shoot or stockpile ammo.

That cannot legally be done....

File that under 'Alex Jones-type bullshit'

why... explian your reasoning.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
She must have read the DU thread that someone here posted a link to in our topic about Lou Dobbs and Eric Holder.

I suggest everyone find that link and check out what DU's response was - it was amazingly against another AWB with many posters even sounding like Arfcommers by defending the US Constitution.

Go over DU and take a look.  Holder is going to be pissed, and we can see nancy pelosi is the one really running this country, and based on DU feedback.

You will also see many DU posters very pissed at obama - and the fun has just started.  Buyers remorse has set in, and DU is poking obama with pointy sticks.

Go look here...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3756439

That was a VERY interesting conversation over at DU, thanks for posting the link.

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL. You guys still refuse to use logic and reason. I've been saying this for awhile, the Dems have no interest in this issue right now. Even right after the big tragedy of Virginia Tech, Harry Reid said that gun bans are OFF the table.

You my friend are in lala land.And Harry aint in charge.Pelosi owns that guy-fuggetabout it!

Pelosi doesn't own shit. What more do you need to stop the paranoia? Do you need to see a video of Nancy Pelosi at a gun range shooting an AR15?

Every corner and shadow, lurks an enemy for most of you all.

I like the enthusiasm to protect gun rights, but schizophrenic paranoia greatly displayed be members in this thread and others is unfounded. I almost wonder if many members WANT and AWB just so they can tout how right they were and how foolish we all were for not believing them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iv'e said it before....

I bet Nacy was a sexy little thang 25 years ago.

Looks like she probably had really nice tits back in the day.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]

I've been telling you guys for ages that it simply isn't probable that the Dems would enact assault type weapon legislation in the short term.  It would be a terrible move politically.  Yeah, there are vocal anti-gun elements of the left that are screaming for new bans, but there are also elements in their party that are fervently AGAINST those bans.

Don't you think they learned their lesson with the Clinton ban?  Come on, they are smarter than that.  They will pursue their core agenda...wealth redistribution through tax and spend, big government, expansion of social services, and only approach politically sensitive items like gun bans, gay marriage, abortion, etc. with great care.  They don't want to give the Republicans a cheap victory by touching, let alone enacting, these politically controversial measures.

Smart politicians mobilize the radical elements of their party to get elected and then steer to the center to stay in power.  Bush 1 did this, Clinton did this, W did this, and now Obama will do it.  I'm not saying a new ban can't happen, I'm just saying that it really would be a dumb move on the Dems part, and they are smart cookies.  Should you continue to buy?  Absolutely, why not?  Only approach the issue of buying as insurance, not as imminent loss of liberty, and continue to stay politically active.

If we continue to yell and scream loud enough, I think the odds are in our favor.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't trust the bitch.  There are rumors of a plan to ban the importation of assault weapon type ammo (.223, 5.56 x 39, .308 etc) through an Exceutive Order.  The gun grabbers wouldn't need an ASB bill then because with ammo at $2-3 a shell nobody could afford to shoot or stockpile ammo.

I'll file it with my Norinco SKS* which can't be imported anymore because of an Executive Order.

*Note: that would be at the bottom of a lake, the boating accident still haunts me to this day.

I think Dave is right. FOPA prevents the EO banning ammo import. There is sufficient room in GCA '68 to ban import of your SKS, and the AP pistol ammo ban allowed the banning of steel core 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 via EO.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I am actually surprised that the dems didn't wait until after the house and senate elections to bring this up.  That's how the conservatives were able to take control when Bill Clinton made that mistake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If Pelosi is throwing cold water on it then it means she does not have the votes.

Bingo!
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would find it surprising that Holder made a comment like that without having some idea that Obama was interested in reinstating the ban.  Or he could just be a complete idiot.

He is an idiot. He's a sheep of the gun control issue, "cop killer bullets" and "gun show loophole" are issues he believes are a problem.

He was going by what was said by Obama during the campaign regarding gun control. He probably read the "urban Policy" agenda too. By this he assumed Obama and the administration is on the same page right now. Which he is not, yet.

Obama is too busy figuring out how to make poor people richer and rich people poor.

I for do not think gun control is high on the Dems agenda right now(Holder is one man with no control). I'm not saying it won't be ever. We're foolish though, to think writing letters making phone calls will make any difference at all.

THEY ALREADY DON"T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT WE WANT OR HAVE TO SAY!

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gun prosecutions were damatically up during the Bush Administration. According to a local law enforcement administrator, if he handed a sawed off shotgun case to a Clinton appointee, five percent chance he would run with it. Bush appointee, 95% chance.

I seriously doubt that. Under Clinton, ATF was on steroids. The administration seriously went after gun dealers. Both via tort and via heavy handed enforcement.

Bush eased back on ATF enforcement against dealers and he ended tort attacks on gun manufacturers (to the extent he could). Even here in CA, the Bush administration opened up BLM land to CA defined "assault weapons".

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Iv'e said it before....

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If Pelosi is throwing cold water on it then it means she does not have the votes.

Huh?

So when the issues of national health care and global warming come up and she doesn't have the votes, she will just throw cold water on those as well? And Nationalize health care is more ideologically entrenching than an AWB.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#14]
"It's a TARP!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Okay, who was the arfcommer who had sex with her?  I seem to remember an old thread about this very subject.

I believe it was Feinstein.  And if someone had sex with the wrong politician atleast they could have done the one that actually looks somewhat okay......40 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll file it with my Norinco SKS* which can't be imported anymore because of an Executive Order.

*Note: that would be at the bottom of a lake, the boating accident still haunts me to this day.

I think Dave is right. FOPA prevents the EO banning ammo import. There is sufficient room in GCA '68 to ban import of your SKS, and the AP pistol ammo ban allowed the banning of steel core 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 via EO.

Right.

There never was a 1989 EO banning AKs, FALs, ETC.  It was all about the 1968 GCA and the "Sporting Purpose Clause."  I posted a thread about that last summer in which I challenged anyone to post the EO from 1989 that banned the import of assault weapons.  No one could deliver.  The truth is the ATF was asked to revisit their interpretation of the Sporting Purposes clause and they changed their view.  

FOPA protects ammo.  If FOPA was to go away buying ammo would be like buying a gun but we could build new MGs.  Yeah!  New MGs with no ammo!  

Obama cannot realistically ban the import of ammunition via EO.  ATF can make it tough but it can't do it without new legislation.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Regardless of the AWB, if you have an FFL, you will be inspected soon, and I advise adequate lubrication as well. BATFE is going to relentless under the Halfrican.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL. You guys still refuse to use logic and reason. I've been saying this for awhile, the Dems have no interest in this issue right now. Even right after the big tragedy of Virginia Tech, Harry Reid said that gun bans are OFF the table.

You my friend are in lala land.And Harry aint in charge.Pelosi owns that guy-fuggetabout it!

Pelosi doesn't own shit. What more do you need to stop the paranoia? Do you need to see a video of Nancy Pelosi at a gun range shooting an AR15?

I like the enthusiasm to protect gun rights, but schizophrenic paranoia greatly displayed be members in this thread and others is unfounded. I almost wonder if many members WANT and AWB just so they can tout how right they were and how foolish we all were for not believing them.

Thank you for confirming your troll membership credentials-"you all"? Definitely paranoid.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Harry Reid, the Senate Majority leader, is against an AWB.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holder fucked up and spilled the game plan;Pelosi is pissed and doing damage control.

Exactly, if they get to ambitious at once they are afraid of the backlash. Give it 6  months, one major AZ/Mexico border gang fight or a school shooting in a white neighborhood and it will happen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#22]
A little Cut & Paste:

tanngrisnir3 (166 posts)     Wed Feb-25-09 11:09 PM
Response to Original message
7. This confirms that Holder's head's up his ass.
Legislating restrictions on US citizens to help nationals of another country.

And, of course, they can always get them elsewhere.

What a disappointed tool Holder is turning out to be.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
saigon68  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-26-09 06:58 AM
Response to Reply #7
75. Holder was always a tool
Another individual with no understanding of the common person in my neck of the woods

I'm sure Chuck Scummer has his hand in this too

I could tell what I posted in that thread,but I'd have you Banned.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wrong.and BTW "Burris will not be seated!"-Harry Reid
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Holder fucked up and spilled the game plan;Pelosi is pissed and doing damage control.

THIS.

See also paragraph 5 under the turf wars part of the story here for Holder's fumble:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7911468.stm

Yep.... it is NOT going to die down. Fucking clueless libtards.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#25]

LEFT COLD.
http://www.cofc.edu/artsmanagement/photos/me%20with%20Pelosi.JPG
But.
she's got some knockers.  90% likely paid for with tax dollars.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for confirming your troll membership credentials-"you all"? Definitely paranoid.

Right... "You all" = All the paranoid ARFCOMMERs that think an AWB IS going to happen and we are all helpless to stop it.

You guys are so PATHETICALLY convinced that even after the TWO TOP people in Congress have been saying that an AWB is OFF the table, yet you still think there is some kind of dastardly scheme to take them away.

Just like "hope" is not a strategy, "despair" is NOT one either. Instead of saying "At any moment our guns will be illegal", you should be have a much more measured response. All of this "we are so fucked" garbage is hurting the will of people to fight for 2A rights, NOT help it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, who was the arfcommer who had sex with her?  I seem to remember an old thread about this very subject.

I believe it was Feinstein.  And if someone had sex with the wrong politician atleast they could have done the one that actually looks somewhat okay......40 years ago.

I wouldn't hit either one with a rented dick.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right.

There never was a 1989 EO banning AKs, FALs, ETC.  It was all about the 1968 GCA and the "Sporting Purpose Clause."  I posted a thread about that last summer in which I challenged anyone to post the EO from 1989 that banned the import of assault weapons.  No one could deliver.  The truth is the ATF was asked to revisit their interpretation of the Sporting Purposes clause and they changed their view.  

FOPA protects ammo.  If FOPA was to go away buying ammo would be like buying a gun but we could build new MGs.  Yeah!  New MGs with no ammo!  

Obama cannot realistically ban the import of ammunition via EO.  ATF can make it tough but it can't do it without new legislation.

And FOPA can't go away via EO. At least not legally (FDR banned gold via EO, in typical leftist disregard for the Constitution, but he was able to get away with it because most Americans didn't care).

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Iv'e said it before....

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why... explian your reasoning.

FOPA protects ammo imports, and legaly an EO can't change that.

The ATF can reinterpret GCA '68 to change which firearms are sporting arms and can be imported.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

He voted against it in 1994, did not support reinstating it in 2004 and still opposes it.

Thanks for trying, though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

She is full of shit

Or cunt juice.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

He voted against it in 1994, did not support reinstating it in 2004 and still opposes it.

But but but, he is not a republican, of course he would vote for an awb....
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

He is one vote.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

He is one vote.

So is Pelosi, but they are both against it. And they just happen to be MAJORITY leaders....
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

Also, Harry Reid has never tried to push any gun control legislation in Nevada.

What the hell does Burris have to do with it?

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I give Pelosi one banana sticker.   It's nice to hear that perhaps she has a brain and perhaps it has awoken out of its democratically-induced stupor, at least for one moment.

And, yes, according to unverified photos of Ms. Pelosi taken when she was much younger, she was indeed quite the hottie.   They can be seen if you choose to Google search for them.

So if she was so hot back then....WHAT HAPPENED?

CJ
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hell just froze over!!!

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault weapon ban
By Mike Soraghan
Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.          

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

Why do I keep thinking:
"Trust but verify."

and

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance."
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

Do you think he cares about it enough to go against what the Kenyan wants?

ETA- and Pelosi never said it was off the table, all she said was she hadn't spoke to the administration about it.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think I may have to write a letter to Nancy Pelosi supporting her.

THIS

Got it right on page 1.

Guys, this is what we need to do, divide the democrats.  I'm sure Pelosi is suffering major butt hurt from having her approval ratings so low, and being totally overshadowed by Obama.  We need to call, write, and email her supporting her decision and hoping for her continued support.  Feed her ego and we might gain an ally against Obama.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

Also, Harry Reid has never tried to push any gun control legislation in Nevada.

What the hell does Burris have to do with it?

It means he does not control his own membership.Harry is on thin ice with the Obama admin.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right... "You all" = All the paranoid ARFCOMMERs that think an AWB IS going to happen and we are all helpless to stop it.

You guys are so PATHETICALLY convinced that even after the TWO TOP people in Congress have been saying that an AWB is OFF the table, yet you still think there is some kind of dastardly scheme to take them away.

Just like "hope" is not a strategy, "despair" is NOT one either. Instead of saying "At any moment our guns will be illegal", you should be have a much more measured response. All of this "we are so fucked" garbage is hurting the will of people to fight for 2A rights, NOT help it.

We are helpless to stop it. Right now the only thing preventing it is that the Democrats have higher priorities, and they have to consider the political calculus of pushing gun control.

Frankly, I'd rather have a face-on fight against another AWB than see them chip our rights out around the corners. Everyone was up in arms about the last AWB, few seemed to care about the tort attacks on firearms, etc.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iv'e said it before....

http://www.smolec.pl/kobiety/foto/nancy_pelosi3.jpg

Thats 45 years ago. At least.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are wrong.

Do you think he cares about it enough to go against what the Kenyan wants?

ETA- and Pelosi never said it was off the table, all she said was she hadn't spoke to the administration about it.

The Kenyan is trying to be a populist. And an AWB or any gun restrictions would be detrimental to that.

Would he sign an AWB? That's like asking if the Sun is coming up in the morning. However, I am highly skeptical that an AWB or any gun control is going to be actively sought after as of now. Holder is starting to become just as much of a gaff machine as Biden is. There is no way Obama said "good job" to his speech on cowards and the prospect of banning guns.

She said enforce the laws we have now.... pretty much its saying she does NOT want to take up the issue.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Mafia princess-dead president later?
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Moon bat in-fight will not save us.

She wants this law as much as he does,she just wants to get some of the credit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Politicians are a lot like rats.  By that I mean they will scurry before they go down with the ship.  Self-preservation is the name of the game in politics.  

It's not that Pelosi cares about our rights, or even if we keep on breathing for that matter, the only thing she's about is keeping what power she has.  Once you look at her in that light you can see that she needs all those Democrats in Fly Over Land who are vulnerable on 2nd Amendment issues if she's going to be the Grand Poobah.  

The way to protect our Constitutional Rights is to make her power contingent on her not messing with them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iv'e said it before....

http://www.smolec.pl/kobiety/foto/nancy_pelosi3.jpg

You know JFK hit that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun prosecutions were damatically up during the Bush Administration. According to a local law enforcement administrator, if he handed a sawed off shotgun case to a Clinton appointee, five percent chance he would run with it. Bush appointee, 95% chance.

I seriously doubt that. Under Clinton, ATF was on steroids. The administration seriously went after gun dealers. Both via tort and via heavy handed enforcement.

Bush eased back on ATF enforcement against dealers and he ended tort attacks on gun manufacturers (to the extent he could). Even here in CA, the Bush administration opened up BLM land to CA defined "assault weapons".

ATF doesn't prosecute anybody.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Iv'e said it before....

I bet Nacy was a sexy little thang 2500+ years ago.

There. Fixed it for you!  
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top