BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 397
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Once every two weeks is way too far apart.  The half life I think is six days.  I do .5 ml (50mg) twice each week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By TexasDoubleTap:

I've been doing 1 CC of (200mg/ml) every 2 weeks for the last 5 weeks.

I first tested before we went through invetro and I was in the low 300's (312 IIRC)

Fast forward 8 months and I start my IM regimen of 1cc every 2 weeks.

Doc wants me tested after week 4 and my number dropped to the mid 200's. 236 or so.

My schedule is a little hectic as I'm only home from Friday evening until 4am Monday morning, so I essentially called and set up the blood test myself and only had total Test measured instead of a comprehensive blood panel.

Should I have another blood panel run with more data? I expect my doc to contact me tomorrow and I'd like to have a plan of attack to offer her.

Should I suggest 1cc every week instead of every 2 weeks and then run a comprehensive panel after a few weeks?

Once every two weeks is way too far apart.  The half life I think is six days.  I do .5 ml (50mg) twice each week.
Me too, sometimes I do .5 ml every 4 days

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cptx123:
I have tested on my own t and its been low for the last year around 300 total. My doctor kept kicking the can down the road, so last week I stopped by the low t center and tested at 156. They gave me my first shot of 200mgs test cyp, but now Im having second thoughts. Im 44 and not sure if I want to be on trt from here on out. Since I only had one dose I was thinking of stopping and trying retsart/pct of clomid, but Im afraid it may be to late if Im testing as low as 156-which was at 3pm btw. Thoughts?
View Quote

Clomid may or may not work depending on whether your low T is caused by a primary or secondary issue. If your system can still function but something's out of whack that's keeping it from working right, Clomid may help to reset your system to produce an appropriate level of T, often without the Estrogen problems that go along with injections. On the other hand, if it doesn't then you are stuck with having to take exogenous T to feel better. However, it's a cheap thing to try first and it generally isn't harmful, according to my endocrinologist. If it were me and my T was that low, I'd try the Clomid for a month or two and if it didn't get me going in the right direction at least, I'd be doing the shot thing.

Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#3]
Originally Posted By jrzy:

View All Quotes

I first tested before we went through invetro and I was in the low 300's (312 IIRC)

Doc wants me tested after week 4 and my number dropped to the mid 200's. 236 or so.

My schedule is a little hectic as I'm only home from Friday evening until 4am Monday morning, so I essentially called and set up the blood test myself and only had total Test measured instead of a comprehensive blood panel.

Should I have another blood panel run with more data? I expect my doc to contact me tomorrow and I'd like to have a plan of attack to offer her.

Should I suggest 1cc every week instead of every 2 weeks and then run a comprehensive panel after a few weeks?

Half life of cyp is 12-14 days unless your like the one guy who "metabilizes" things faster than normal. Your script calls for 100mg/ml?

I do 140mg every 3.5 days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:38:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#4]

View Quote

Sounds like you should have seen some increase.

Have you actually observed the T-C being drawn from the vial?

Why not inject yourself?

[My regimen is .35 cc T-C every 4 days and 625 IU HCG staggered every 4 days, 1/4 mg Arimidex loosely every week and 1/2 or whenever I seem to need it.

[Admin Sub-Q  either side of BB and an inch or so below, sometimes I feel nothing, but usually a sting cause the alcohol hasn't dried. Alternate left and right. Very easy.

[Cost for 10 ml vial of T-C last week was $48 with GoodRX coupon, 5000 IU HCG powder abt $14. Arimidex is too cheap to even mention.

With this dosage, I can easily exceed 1000 on LabCorp's scale for serum T and 25 or more free T.

Sometimes I reduce dosage to .3 cc T or increase it to .4.

After abt 2 years of struggling to find what works for me, this seems to work OK.

ETA, I wouldn't even CONSIDER not self-injecting, unless it were the very last option. I'd have no way to control and QC the dosage.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]

You're doing 280mg per week?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

Half life of cyp is 12-14 days unless your like the one guy who "metabilizes" things faster than normal. Your script calls for 100mg/ml?

Typo. 140mg week 70 every 3.5 days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

See this is where some of us get confused

I do one Mil per week, in that mil is 200 mg of Test C right?

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#8]

View All Quotes

I never do any recommendations in m/cc. Everything is calculated in mg so there's no miscommunication. I have some Test that is 200mg/ml and I have some that's 250mg/ml.

It's then up to the person to draw the correct mg.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
All depends on the concentration.  My bottles are 100mg/ml.
View Quote

I had heard the drug mfg's had discontinued that concentration all together.  Are you getting small 1mL vials or 10mL vials?

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#12]
The $48 Watson bottle last week was 10 cc [ml]  for 2000 mg.

In a 10 cc [ml] bottle around here for 2 yrs, I've never seen a different concentration. [See GoodRX for different ones]

I did get ---at the very beginning when I had no idea what was going on, a couple 1 cc [ml] bottles with 200 mg in them  ---the same concentration as the common 10 ml 2000 mg vial.

Expensive vs the 10ml bottle.

Look on GoodRX, there you will find a variety of dosages and the local prices.

They show 100 mg/cc T-C in a 10 ml bottle, lowest price  ~$29 per vial

And they show:

200mg/ml in 1 ml and 10 ml vials, lowest price is abt $44 for the 10ml vial.

I've cut my treatment costs to practically nothing, the consultation visits at my specialty doc cost about $75 per 1/4 hour and I like the NP that she and I wind up talking for 1/2 hour+ so I regularly pay $150 every 3 months or so.

Since I almost died in February [lost abt 2/3 of my blood volume and the ER didn't start a transfusion until I insisted while I was losing my vision but was still conscious] from a GI bleed, they wanted to see me a little more often but we're back on track now.

Since I bled out then, my hematocrit has struggled to get back up to 50%, yesterday it was still only 48%. I spin a sample myself.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

Why not inject yourself?

[My regimen is .35 cc T-C every 4 days and 625 IU HCG staggered every 4 days, 1/4 mg Arimidex loosely every week and 1/2 or whenever I seem to need it.

[Admin Sub-Q  either side of BB and an inch or so below, sometimes I feel nothing, but usually a sting cause the alcohol hasn't dried. Alternate left and right. Very easy.

[Cost for 10 ml vial of T-C last week was $48 with GoodRX coupon, 5000 IU HCG powder abt $14. Arimidex is too cheap to even mention.

With this dosage, I can easily exceed 1000 on LabCorp's scale for serum T and 25 or more free T.

After abt 2 years of struggling to find what works for me, this seems to work OK.

ETA, I wouldn't even CONSIDER not self-injecting, unless it were the very last option. I'd have no way to control and QC the dosage.

View All Quotes

Why not inject yourself?

Some of this depends on when his blood labs are being taken in relation to when the injections are given.  If his blood is being drawn 13 days after the last injection, I wouldn't be surprised at all if his T levels show low even if they were high on day 2.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:56:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#14]
Originally Posted By Shane333:

Some of this depends on when his blood labs are being taken in relation to when the injections are given.  If his blood is being drawn 13 days after the last injection, I wouldn't be surprised at all if his T levels show low even if they were high on day 2.
View All Quotes

Why not inject yourself?

I agree, however, I would expect it wouldn't be LOWER.

I'd personally be WONDERING what they were injecting me with....

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#15]

I agree, however, I would expect it wouldn't be LOWER.

I'd personally be WONDERING what they were injecting me with....

View Quote

If the T injections shut down his residual native production it could go lower.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:59:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AnvilUSMC] [#17]
Got my labs back from 8 days after my second injection (I was on 200mg once every two weeks). The T numbers were:

Total T: 682.9  348-1197
Free T: 23.5  9.3-26.5

I was riding the roller coaster pretty hard though. I felt great the first week and that slowly degraded until I felt awful by day 12. So now I am doing 100mg once a week and I am going to be injecting at home. I did my injection today at the office to see how that went. It was easy. I'll do another blood draw in 5 weeks where we will also check my estrogen then follow up the week after with the doctor to see how everything is going.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
Got my labs back from 8 days after my second injection (I was on 200mg once every two weeks). The T numbers were:

I was riding the roller coaster pretty hard though. I felt great the first week and that slowly degraded until I felt awful by day 12. So now I am doing 100mg once a week and I am going to be injecting at home. I did my injection today at the office to see how that went. It was easy. I'll do another blood draw in 5 weeks were we will also check my estrogen then follow up the week after with the doctor to see how everything is going.

View Quote

To even out the roller coaster even more, split up the 100mg into two weeks injections. You're on the right track!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]

To even out the roller coaster even more, split up the 100mg into two weeks injections. You're on the right track!
View All Quotes

I was riding the roller coaster pretty hard though. I felt great the first week and that slowly degraded until I felt awful by day 12. So now I am doing 100mg once a week and I am going to be injecting at home. I did my injection today at the office to see how that went. It was easy. I'll do another blood draw in 5 weeks were we will also check my estrogen then follow up the week after with the doctor to see how everything is going.

I am thinking about doing that. I just want to see how this goes at first. When you split your injections, how much does it affect how high your T gets? Like will it just be more stable, but at a lower number or does it just wear off more quickly from the higher level?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#20]

I am thinking about doing that. I just want to see how this goes at first. When you split your injections, how much does it affect how high your T gets? Like will it just be more stable, but at a lower number or does it just wear off more quickly from the higher level?
View All Quotes

It becomes more stable overall. It's more of a steady flow than surges. My numbers didn't move much if any going from 1x per week to 2x per week.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#21]

It becomes more stable overall. It's more of a steady flow than surges. My numbers didn't move much if any going from 1x per week to 2x per week.
View All Quotes

Ok cool, thanks. I will see how once a week feels, then go from there. I am pleased that everything is moving forward nicely and my Dr. isn't giving me a hard time like I have read about others.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Ok cool, thanks. I will see how once a week feels, then go from there. I am pleased that everything is moving forward nicely and my Dr. isn't giving me a hard time like I have read about others.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:20:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#23]

View All Quotes

I cut way back about a month ago to see if I could and everything was OK until about the 5th day or so and my body started aching like I had gotten the flu.

Took a 1 1/3 dose and after a couple days everything was OK again.

I'd hate for the med to become unavailable at my age.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#24]

I cut way back about a month ago to see if I could and everything was OK until about the 5th day or so and my body started aching like I had gotten the flu.

View All Quotes

I'd hate to see it become unavailable at any age. I'm 28 and I'm not sure how I'd like life if I didn't have access to it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd hate to see it become unavailable at any age. I'm 28 and I'm not sure how I'd like life if I didn't have access to it.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't want to go back to dying in slow motion again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
This is not a joke, If you think you're E is going , you'll get oily skin, maybe acne, a good indicator is emotional response.

This is the no joke part:

Find some lifetime series called "intervention" , it's on free on demand cable

Watch a few , near the end when they do the intervention if your E is up theres a good chance your eyes will tear up watching all that pain.

A good friend told me about that and damned if it didn't work.

If my E is on target no watery eyes

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yep, since I split my dosage into 2 weekly shots I am almost at a perfect balance, numbers still great too, 640 in the trough and 950 a day after the shot

I actually feel better the day of my shot before the shot libido wise

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Thats for DAMN SURE!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I think I'd start studying Chemistry real quick

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Are you going to shave your head and wear a fadora?

Science bitches!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#31]
This is not a joke, If you think you're E is going , you'll get oily skin, maybe acne, a good indicator is emotional response.
Watch a few , near the end when they do the intervention if your E is up theres a good chance your eyes will tear up watching all that pain.

View All Quotes

I have been thinking my baby daughter is cuter than normal and feeling a bit bloated... Maybe I'll check that show out when I get back from the gym tonight and wife and baby are sleeping... Hahaha. But I feel like a million bucks right now from my shot this morning.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#32]

I have been thinking my baby daughter is cuter than normal and feeling a bit bloated... Maybe I'll check that show out when I get back from the gym tonight and wife and baby are sleeping... Hahaha. But I feel like a million bucks right now from my shot this morning.
View All Quotes

Why do I picture a dude sitting sitting cross-legged on a couch with a 1/2 gallon of pre ban blue bell, a spoon, and a box of tissues balling his eyes out in the dark?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Why do I picture a dude sitting sitting cross-legged on a couch with a 1/2 gallon of pre ban blue bell, a spoon, and a box of tissues balling his eyes out in the dark?
View Quote

Hey stay out of my living room
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not due for labs until the beginning of June but I think my E is creeping up.  I've been pretty moody and my face is really oily.  Been a little more tired lately.  Not sure if that is lower T or something else.  

Disappointed that 12 weeks in on injections I'm not losing any weight.  My activity has certainly increased.  I've modified my diet to boost up my protein and I've cut most sugar and carbs as well.
View Quote

Don't get discouraged. I've gained weight and broke 250lbs.(up over 20lbs) since starting. I'm wearing the same size pants at a 34/34.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Dude, I was looking at myself in the mirror when I said that. Knowing this is the last of my blue bell is heart breaking.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Don't get discouraged. I've gained weight and broke 250lbs.(up over 20lbs) since starting. I'm wearing the same size pants at a 34/34.
View All Quotes

I'm not due for labs until the beginning of June but I think my E is creeping up.  I've been pretty moody and my face is really oily.  Been a little more tired lately.  Not sure if that is lower T or something else.  

Disappointed that 12 weeks in on injections I'm not losing any weight.  My activity has certainly increased.  I've modified my diet to boost up my protein and I've cut most sugar and carbs as well.

Who's eating that Ice cream?

The HCG knocks the fat off fast.

I'm 6'2"  & 225 lbs

If I stop HCG for 2 weeks I put on 5 to 8 pounds

I feel best and flat stomach at 220 lbs

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#39]

I'm 6'2"  & 225 lbs

View All Quotes

I'm 6'2"  & 225 lbs

Easy now... I'm full of ice cream and a tad emotional.

Eat big to get big and lift big.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Fortunately I'm not gaining, just hoping that my gut would start to disappear.
View All Quotes

Fortunately I'm not gaining, just hoping that my gut would start to disappear.

Any additional exercise added? Even just 30 minutes of brisk walking to start will get the ball rolling.

My dad started going to to the track and walking for 45 minutes which was about 1.5 miles for his short legs. He started that a month ago and is now up to three miles in an hourish. He's dropped 10 lbs and weighs 234 but is a 42" waist. He's lost a total of 60lbs in the year he's been on TRT. Dont give up man, 12 weeks is a drop in the morning bucket and your just now getting things squared away.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 39texan] [#42]
I have enjoyed reading in this thread over the last two days. So here is my situation. I am a 38 yr old guy that recently was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism by my new primary care dr at my last physical mid April.. I had been hitting crossfit since January and went from 230lbs to 210lbs at 5'11.5. I was on a 20mg dose of Lipitor and a low dose blood pressure med. My dr was pleased with my progress when she got my blood work back and took me off both medicines. But she saw a 158 t level and normal fsh and lh. I was surprised since I have gained a great deal of muscle and strength in the last couple months.She recommended a sleep study and I completed it and I do have moderate sleep apnea. I have been on cpap the last two weeks. I have noticed morning wood 5 out of 7 nights.This was rare before. I also have more energy although I didn't feel bad before just prone to an afternoon nap on weekends and a cup of coffee at 3pm at work. I have a follow up with sleep dr in 2 weeks and an endo appointment the week after. What should I expect? I have read statins, weightloss, and apnea can lower your t levels. Is it possible I will rebound without trt? Any suggestions or advice? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toddrick] [#43]
You know you have Low T if there is never morning wood...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Ok, I didn't put it on last night. But I did just put it on now, so far it's just a couple chicks with bad skin smokin ice and I can't stop thinking about the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia were they do interventions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 39texan:
I have enjoyed reading in this thread over the last two days. So here is my situation. I am a 38 yr old guy that recently was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism by my new primary care dr at my last physical mid April.. I had been hitting crossfit since January and went from 230lbs to 210lbs at 5'11.5. I was on a 20mg dose of Lipitor and a low dose blood pressure med. My dr was pleased with my progress when she got my blood work back and took me off both medicines. But she saw a 158 t level and normal fsh and lh. I was surprised since I have gained a great deal of muscle and strength in the last couple months.She recommended a sleep study and I completed it and I do have moderate sleep apnea. I have been on cpap the last two weeks. I have noticed morning wood 5 out of 7 nights.This was rare before. I also have more energy although I didn't feel bad before just prone to an afternoon nap on weekends and a cup of coffee at 3pm at work. I have a follow up with sleep dr in 2 weeks and an endo appointment the week after. What should I expect? I have read statins, weightloss, and apnea can lower your t levels. Is it possible I will rebound without trt? Any suggestions or advice? Thanks
View Quote

Have you done a second lab to confirm the numbers? Out of curiosity did your Dr. check your SHBG and Free T? When you see your endo, I would imagine they will do follow up lab work if you haven't already or if your PCP didn't order some tests the endo would like to see. I did 3 blood tests before we started treatment, 2 were with my PCP and 1 with the endo because the PCP didn't order Free T, SHBG, FSH, and LH.

What do you think you want to do? Do you want treatment? Are you experiencing symptoms of low T?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

This is a pretty good description of how severely low T feels.  

I go to the Low T Center this afternoon to get checked.  I haven't had any T since Tuesday of last week and it's been much easier than I expected.  My sex drive is absolutely ZERO right now, I mean it's like I've never even heard of sex, it's so far from my mind.   The other horrible symptoms I had several years ago when I went weeks without T are absent so far. Luckily I'm not at rock bottom levels like I was then.  I'll be curious as to my levels today.  I don't expect them to be super low.  I honestly think they were probably double digits several years ago when it was so bad I couldn't even sleep at night due to the irritability.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#47]

If it works for you and you feel better, good deal.

My first hrt doc was a "professional" and was up to date with the current methods. She also made me sterile at age 27 even after I voiced my concerns, didn't see a need for an AI, and all out refused to consider hcg to maintain testicular function. But she assured me she was a professional and knew what she was doing.

She's lucky I didn't turn her into the Texas state medical board and have her license revoked to practice medicine. I self diagnosed and self treated my way out of that hole she put me in. Which was not fun by the way.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Just had my first injection this morning. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, your knowledge and experience is appreciated.

Tested level - 203

1st injection - 1ML at 200mg Test Cyp/ML

2nd Injection in 2 weeks with a blood test 48 hours after the second injection. My doc wants to get a baseline before we switch to more regular doses that are smaller if needed. In his experience, he has seen people who do well with every two weeks and some who need twice weekly injections. He did the twice weekly until he had the pellets installed, he loves them so far.

If shooting myself in the but starts to be a pain (pun intended) I might look at the pellets in lieu of shots.

Thanks again.

No one does good with every 2 weeks, the T is gone by then or almost all out

Every week at the min, I split my dose into twice per week to keep almost a perfect balance.

Also if he checks your blood 2 days after injection you're gonna get a high reading, he is supposed to check in the bottom of the valley, the day of your shot before the shot.

This isn't conjecture, this is what almost everyone does I am pretty sure.

+1

Your doctor doesn't understand the half life of the drugs he's giving you. It's now your job to educate him or find another doctor.

I'll disagree based on the number of men he sees for this. I think he uses this baseline because of the variation in people that he sees. Some folks do fine with twice a month shots, some don't want to shoot for the 1000 points that he thinks is best. This way, based on his experience, he can work with me to find out what works and makes me feel best.

I'll update the thread to see how this works for me and share my experience with this method. The doc has earned my trust so I am willing to go along until I'm not.

If it works for you and you feel better, good deal.

My first hrt doc was a "professional" and was up to date with the current methods. She also made me sterile at age 27 even after I voiced my concerns, didn't see a need for an AI, and all out refused to consider hcg to maintain testicular function. But she assured me she was a professional and knew what she was doing.

She's lucky I didn't turn her into the Texas state medical board and have her license revoked to practice medicine. I self diagnosed and self treated my way out of that hole she put me in. Which was not fun by the way.

That sucks man.

Fortunately Dr. Chopp here in Austin has already seen to my fertility.

OK, 4 weeks in and I got my first blood work back. Test was at 1358 (not unexpected due to the high dose and labs two days later) and all of my other numbers were good. I haven't gotten a copy of the labs yet, just got a phone call yesterday. I did notice a drop in the feel good at the end of the second week and since I am now in week two after my last shot I am starting to feel a little bit of a slide.

I spoke with the doc and told him and he said let's go to once a week to see if we can stop the swing and we can go to even shorter intervals as necessary. So I gave myself another injection this morning and will give myself another on Monday then go to an every Monday cycle to see how I feel.

I am very grateful for this thread and information it has provided, it allowed me to ask really good questions and gave me a template of what to expect which has made this process much easier.

Now for some questions:

1. I feel pretty good, but probably unfairly I expected to wake up to feeling 18 again. How big of a delta did you guys get?

2. Where do you inject? I have been injecting into the glutes and was wondering if it could go into any muscle or if there is some synergistic effect using the glutes.

3. My test cyp. came in little bottles with 1mL of liquid in them, kind of a pain to get it out accurately, does yours come differently?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#48]

How do you know how many men he's seen for this?

Has he talked about elevated levels of estrogen (Estradiol ) with you? If not or he does not know he does not know this protocol like you think.

Any Doctor can win your trust, he has not earned it.

2 weeks intervals ? <----------welcome to HELL!

Good luck, there are guys in this thread who are experts in this (I'm not one)

Disregard their knowledge at your own peril

View All Quotes

Just had my first injection this morning. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, your knowledge and experience is appreciated.

Tested level - 203

1st injection - 1ML at 200mg Test Cyp/ML

2nd Injection in 2 weeks with a blood test 48 hours after the second injection. My doc wants to get a baseline before we switch to more regular doses that are smaller if needed. In his experience, he has seen people who do well with every two weeks and some who need twice weekly injections. He did the twice weekly until he had the pellets installed, he loves them so far.

If shooting myself in the but starts to be a pain (pun intended) I might look at the pellets in lieu of shots.

Thanks again.

No one does good with every 2 weeks, the T is gone by then or almost all out

Every week at the min, I split my dose into twice per week to keep almost a perfect balance.

Also if he checks your blood 2 days after injection you're gonna get a high reading, he is supposed to check in the bottom of the valley, the day of your shot before the shot.

This isn't conjecture, this is what almost everyone does I am pretty sure.

+1

Your doctor doesn't understand the half life of the drugs he's giving you. It's now your job to educate him or find another doctor.

I'll disagree based on the number of men he sees for this. I think he uses this baseline because of the variation in people that he sees. Some folks do fine with twice a month shots, some don't want to shoot for the 1000 points that he thinks is best. This way, based on his experience, he can work with me to find out what works and makes me feel best.

I'll update the thread to see how this works for me and share my experience with this method. The doc has earned my trust so I am willing to go along until I'm not.

How do you know how many men he's seen for this?

Has he talked about elevated levels of estrogen (Estradiol ) with you? If not or he does not know he does not know this protocol like you think.

Any Doctor can win your trust, he has not earned it.

2 weeks intervals ? <----------welcome to HELL!

Good luck, there are guys in this thread who are experts in this (I'm not one)

Disregard their knowledge at your own peril

We actually did have an extensive discussion on estrogen and the aromatization of test in the fats cells of the body. E checks are always done with test cyp. at his office. To be fair, I did one two week cycle for baseline testing in his office. When I got the results, we immediately switched to weekly shots to smooth out the peaks and valleys. So far I would say that we are doing pretty good with this being four weeks in.

A lot of folks here have a long history of therapy and have dealt with a lot of stuff and I am grateful for the advice and experience. But so far I have been pleased with my care and with my doc's attention to detail, his willingness to answer questions and willingness to allow me to change my dosing schedule to one that works for me. Like he said, what matters is how you feel, not following a protocol from a book.

To your point about two week intervals, I could feel a difference at the end of the cycle, but it wasn't a huge crash. Am I weird that I really had to sit down and think about how I felt? Different, yes. But not a huge Banner/Hulk difference?

Anyone have thoughts on this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Thanks for the reply. I'm not worried about it shutting down my normal production. I was just curious as to how quickly it would, like you said though it doesn't really matter.

As to the other poster who also just started on 200 mg/ml once every two weeks... I had my first shot last tuesday, so this is day 8. I felt pretty awesome mentally for the first 4-5 days. I had a sense of clarity I haven't had for a few years. Great stuff. Yesterday I felt like I was on empty and only wanted to sleep, I feel like garbage today as well. Next injection is on May 5th, then I get blood work the week after that, then see my Dr the day of shot #3. I will ask him to move me to weekly injections, which he is open to. I assumed I would want to do weekly, or even bi-weekly, injections. I didn't expect the low to be so low. I think it is probably due to actually feeling so good again, then going back to business as usual basically.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By THE-DET-OAK:

I have a few quick questions that I haven't really found answers to online yet.

How long after you start TRT (injections) does it take until your body shuts down natural production?

Does the first(or first few) injection cause erratic T levels, or is it just as stable as when you have been on it for awhile?

That's it for now. Like I said, I couldn't find answers for these online and was just curious. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about exogenous testosterone shutting down your endogenous testosterone.  First reason is because if your diagnosed with hypogonadism then you already have inadequate amounts of endogenous testosterone anyway.

Secondly although testosterone will shut down your endogenous T while your taking exogenous T after discontinuation it will come back to where it was previously 99% of the time.  I say this because of a few studies that tried to make testosterone a male birth control application.  The most recent one in 2011 (i believe) had to do with about 1,000 Asian men.  They gave them 3-400mg of testosterone per month for like 34 months.

While on the testosterone it was as effective as a condom.  Meaning 98% of them were infertile during this time.  After discontinuation though all of the men except for 2 regained their fertility within 6 months.  Keep in mind this was without HCG or clomid to stimulate the HPTA.

Now for those of you reading and liking the idea of T shutting you down so you don't get preggers keep in mind a study was done in the 1972 (i believe) on all caucasian men and the results were a little different.  Testosterone supplementation only worked 72% of the time at decreasing fertility.

I don't know why there was a difference but just FYI you can still get pregger on T supplementation.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I'm not worried about it shutting down my normal production. I was just curious as to how quickly it would, like you said though it doesn't really matter.

As to the other poster who also just started on 200 mg/ml once every two weeks... I had my first shot last tuesday, so this is day 8. I felt pretty awesome mentally for the first 4-5 days. I had a sense of clarity I haven't had for a few years. Great stuff. Yesterday I felt like I was on empty and only wanted to sleep, I feel like garbage today as well. Next injection is on May 5th, then I get blood work the week after that, then see my Dr the day of shot #3. I will ask him to move me to weekly injections, which he is open to. I assumed I would want to do weekly, or even bi-weekly, injections. I didn't expect the low to be so low. I think it is probably due to actually feeling so good again, then going back to business as usual basically.

That is incredibly interesting to hear. I was at the beach with the family at the end of my two week intro cycle and I did not feel that bad. I'm glad your doc is open to weekly shots like mine is. I would be interested to hear how you feel with the weeklies going forward.

Like I said in a previous post, I was expecting a huge delta in the feels and just got a generally feeling better sense rather than a puppy with two peckers feel.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#50]
1) delta?
2)ass, delts, calves
3)100‰ on how you feel. Numbers are numbers to me and are strictly baseline.
Page / 397
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top