Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 11/19/2006 5:32:29 PM EDT
From this thread: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=480431

For those who haven't read it, basically The_Beer_Slayer has something in his backyard.  He and others have seen red eyes, heard strange sounds, and all sorts of weird things.  Just recently, something screamed in his backyard and scared the holy hell out of his poor dogs.

As I said in that thread:

Ok, here's what I propose:

I will walk TBS's property to look for any sign of whatever started all this and scared his dogs. I will do this during the afternoon, and at night. I will take with me a couple of flashlights, my KaBar, a voice recorder, and a video camera. I will also pitch a tent and stay there overnight if I don't find anything.

All I need is for someone to let me borrow a tent.

If someone wants to loan me some NVG, I'll walk the woods with those and have a flashlight only as back-up.

I'm two hours away from TBS.  I'll go see what I can see, and even camp out overnight if I need to.

If I die, then TBS will get rich by writing a book and letting researchers come look at his property.  If I see something and live, he and I will be sharing the profits.  If I see or hear nothing, then it will just be a fun campout.

So what say you, ARFCOM, should I put my ass on the line to find out what is going on?

Update:

TBS is going to let me borrow the tent so it's on.  I will go hunt for teh bigfeetz.  I wish I could figure out a way to rig up a helmet cam like DVDTracker's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just a chupacabra.  Donde esta la Cerveza?
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it do it do it do it do it. I'd love to do it but they'd probably call the feds in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's just a Nancy Pelosi.  Donde esta la Cerveza?

You misspelled her name.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it's one of these things....

marauding ‘hybrid mutant’

Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Go but why in the night? Why not daytime? How come monsters and ghosts only come out at night? or is it peoples imaginations are more active then?
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go but why in the night? Why not daytime? How come monsters and ghosts only come out at night? or is it peoples imaginations are more active then?

That's when most of the activitiy has occured, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I approve of this idea.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe it's one of these things....

marauding ‘hybrid mutant’

msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/2006/August/060815/060816_beast_vmed_7p.widec.jpg

WTFS?

From the link :

"For the past 15 years, residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night."

It looked like "something out of a Stephen King story."
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I say do it, except bring a gun, you never know when you might run into a or even a
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I say do it, except bring a gun, you never know when you might run into a or even a

No firearms at night.  I'll take one during the day.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to a party that was being held at a farm about 18 years ago and they had an animal that was the result of a cat and dog breeding.

That thing was the most weird thing i have ever seen.

It had a dog body with cat hair, and it clumbsily rubbed up against my leg with the enthusiasm and neediness of a dog while making these weird dog/cat combo sounds.

The face was also a dog/cat combo.

People have said that i am a liar when i have told them... but i saw what i saw.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd donate a 20 rd box of 55gr FMJ..........just in case you need it!

Probably just one of these:
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's simply that monsters are nocturnal.

Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#16]

not my creation
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure, go for it.

Has it ocurred to anyone to maybe put out a couple of motion- or IR-triggered game cameras yet??
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I went to a party that was being held at a farm about 18 years ago and they had an animal that was the result of a cat and dog breeding.

It had a dog body with cat hair, and it clumbsily rubbed up against my leg with the enthusiasm and neediness of a dog while making these weird dog/cat combo sounds.

People have said that i am a liar when i have told them... but i saw what i saw.

Set down the bong.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Why not just COVER the property in game cameras?

Might be easier to borrow a bunch of them then one NVG =)
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's simply that monsters are nocturnal.

Then daytime would be the best time to get them. Blast them while they sleep. A monster has to sleep.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]
ummm yeah.....tag.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I went to a party once and watched a propane tank "breathe". Of course I was like 16 and on acid.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#23]
He's got great big pointy teeth......

Run away....run away.....

Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He's got great big pointy teeth......

Run away....run away.....

www.80stees.com/images/extraLarge/MONTY006_LG2.jpg

Shit... if it's a rabbit with big pointy teeth, I'm SO outta there.  He can have TBS and his dogs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to love doing shit like that with my friends.  If there was a place someone said was haunted, we were there.  Like the abandoned (mental?) hospitial in Morrilton, AR.  I got a lot of pie in that place  
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Do it!
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
He and others have seen red eyes, heard strange sounds, and all sorts of weird things.  Just recently, something screamed in his backyard and scared the holy hell out of his poor dogs.

He must live near my ex-wife........
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL I found a 911 call that some folks think is bigfoot.

In anycase its an interesting call
www.youtube.com/watch?v=axYHrFdh-rk&mode=related&search=
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm doing it.

TBS has given approval.

Now my greatest fear is being mistaken for a deer and getting shot by a Fudd.  I guess I'll have to wear my orange vest on the hunt.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
www.bigfootforums.com/uploads//post-2175-1163684872_thumb.jpg

WTF?

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went to a party once and watched a propane tank "breathe". Of course I was like 16 and on acid.

Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
ummm yeah.....tag.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#34]
So let me get this straight, your going to drive 4 hours round trip to camp out in Mike's back yard?
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So let me get this straight, your going to drive 4 hours round trip to camp out in Mike's back yard?

Well, actually, I'm driving 4 hours round trip to grudge fuck my ex-girlfriend and THEN camp out in Mike's back yard.

And possibly be eaten by Sasquatch...

Why do you ask?
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, actually, I'm driving 4 hours round trip to grudge fuck my ex-girlfriend and THEN camp out in Mike's back yard.

Why do you ask?

Just razin ya bro.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I just heard a report  of such an animal last week -- Inconcievable  Unbelievable!

"What's dat?"  "Yes, how did you know?"
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you ask?

Just razin ya bro.

Oh don't worry, I didn't take offense.  I think it's just as funny as you do.  I DO NOT expect to see anything "supernatural"... I'm just curious if anything will happen.

The main purpose of this trip is to see if TBS and I can locate any sign of a cougar or other animal that needs to be relocated.

The campout is just for the sake of being scared shitless.

Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:03:19 AM EDT
[#39]
TxL and I had planned to make the same trip, but it was a couple miles further for us.

Interestingly enough, I was deer hunting on my property last night.  Just around dark I heard the unmistakable approach of a person walking.  Clearly not a four legged animal, and it walked toward me wit h evenly spaced, uncautious, strides.  

As it got closer, I rolled to my side, slowly, to see who was walking up.  Neighbor? Hunting buddy? Poacher?

I heard no talking, and the 'person' approaching began to sound like 2-3 people.  Distinct seperation between the location of the strides.  

No munching noises, no grunts, no pause in the stride.

I have heard alot of animals in teh woods, and my brain kept saying, "It's a person.  They are going to be surprised when I stand up and ask them WTF??"

It/they began to move down the creek near me, but hidden by brush.

I got up and walked quickly and quietly to the back of my property to cut them off.

It/they were now on my neighbor's property.  Too dark to see.

Never heard a peep of a human voice.  Still sounded like a person walking.  Hell, it sounded like a troop of Girl Scouts from teh noise it/they made.

Odd.

No glowing eyes though.

I'll go back in the daylight and look for tracks.

TRG

Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Ah its ok TRG its just some fairies that mistook your place for the rest stop on somethin about mary!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I used to love doing shit like that with my friends.  If there was a place someone said was haunted, we were there.  Like the abandoned (mental?) hospitial in Morrilton, AR.  I got a lot of pie in that place  

Now we know where you picked up that nasty eye herpe.
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just heard a report  of such an animal last week -- Inconcievable  Unbelievable!

"What's dat?"  "Yes, how did you know?"

Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The campout is just for the sake of being scared shitless.

Anyone want to shop this into The_Beer_Slayer Project and throw Cypher's head onto it?

Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#45]

MANBEARPIG!
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Good luck

Tag for the AAR or obituary.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Good luck

Tag for the AAR or obituary.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#48]
I used to do a lot of camping alone in my younger days. After personally having a

couple of "experiences" I've had to re-evaluate the possibility of Bigfoot and/or

the existence of demons (for lack of a better word). I was fortunate enough to have a

buddy with me on both occasions who had the same experience and feeling as me.

Both happened at night in Texas. Needless to say, I don't camp overnight alone

anymore.

All I can say is you've got some balls camping out there alone! Good luck and keep us updated.

Flushdraw
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Be careful. I have been reading the report over at BFRO.com and I don't know if I am brave enough to go it alone.
In one report from about 15 miles from where I live. Some ATV riders got the shit scared out of them and the next day they found one of the motorcycles thrown 30 yards from where they parked it.
I know that area and I don't go there alone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top