User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol this thread isn't suspicious at ALL
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If you compare where I'm at first day in office v. last day in office, it's heavily on the GOP side.

For the last republican, the small business tax breaks literally put near-six figures I was paying in taxes every year
back in my pocket, and that's been the case every single year since they passed. That one change over the past
few years pretty much wipes out anything the Dems could offer.

That's had a trickle down effect as well as a decent chunk of that savings went into investments and spending in
the local economy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scopedope:
Republicans for me,

Democrats want to tax the shit out of me.
View Quote

I would except Bill Clinton. As fucked up as he was on most things we all made at least decent money.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well we have millions of dollars tied up on a project the government put a halt on with the natural gas “review”  about 60 pieces of new yellow iron sitting idle in Louisiana
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

I would except Bill Clinton. As fucked up as he was on most things we all made at least decent money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fargo007:
Republicans for me,

Thank the other ass hat Bill for that. Bill Gates. Per my previous post, correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Remember too some policies take a few years to start having an impact.

So that can result in the wrong person getting the credit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
"All the sources on the net say the Democrats perform better with the economy"

All the LEFTISTS SOURCES.

Here is the thing - the economy sometimes may be better when a Democrat is president, but that is because of the Republican policies that were put in place by the prior administration.  For example, Clinton basically inherited the Reagan economy. And I assume you are talking about working people, not moochers....
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
First post can't be serious.

Rep
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:47:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#9]
I can't remember when was the last time we had a Republican president.

Wait. This is OP's first post?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Republicans for me,

View Quote

This.  Plus Republican leadership seems to have some semblance of logic and/or rational behind their moves.  Dems force things on the market that just create chaos
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#12]
I recall at least one underscore (or underscore adjacent) stating they lean Democrat since the economy does better.

Those who would sell their rights for a little better economy, deserve neither…

The Democrat policy of taxing the productive to pay for millions to do nothing, will eventually collapse the whole system.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#13]
In the recent past my 401K took a huge hit under Biden… slowly coming back
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Considering how both parties are tax and spend assholes to me it boils down to where the spending goes.
One investment guy I've talked to loves when defense spending goes up. Puts his money in defense industries.
He advises based on where our tax dollars go and has been pretty successful.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#16]
My wages went alot farther during 2016-2020 than 2021-present
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Red-Stater:
Anyone who says they do better financially under Democrats are lying, delusional, or on the government tit.
View Quote

Or knows how to set their investment portfolio up to take advantage of increased government spending.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#18]
My retirement funds did MUCH better under Trump than Biden or Obama. So much that I had to pay taxes on some of them so even the government benefitted.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm a capitalist. I make as much as I am willing to. Who sits in the white house has nothing to do with my work ethic or acquisition of skills.

As for investments, money can be made in any market.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I've done much better under Republican terms than Democrat.
I had to postpone my retirement for two years when the corrupt, senile, pedophile, Biden trashed the economy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#21]
My net worth has increased by about $1 million since Biden took Office, just through the passive appreciation of my real estate holdings. But those gains are illusory. I’m not going to sell off any of my real estate and pocket those increases. If I sold off my real estate and bought other real estate, those properties have increased in value to the same extent that mine have. I don’t believe the appreciation in real estate is directly tied to any of Biden‘s policies, meaning he didn’t set out to increase the value of real estate. It’s actually a side effect of some of his more destructive policies.

As I start to think about retirement, which is not on the horizon for me, I have to confront the reality that a lot of the appreciation I have experienced is going to go to helping my children by Homes because this market is going to be insane for quite a few years.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess I should have reworded my post to be more focused on the personal spending aspect of things, as in is your dollar more effective under R or D. Stocks do well and usually always go up, just have to keep the money in there regardless. But over the course of time.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Well...  how's Obama's 3rd presidency working for you?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#24]
i own a business.  take a guess...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top