Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for you and him. He's a little cutie. Glad to hear he will do better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dhmjr40:
Call from vet.  They dipped/bathed him for the scabies.  Does have the usual round/hook worms you could expect with this type of stray.  But that's about it.  Seizures probably coming from not getting regular meals and insulin being off.  So regular meals should take care of that.  Not quite old enough for shots so we're going back in a couple of weeks for that.  All in all,  thought it was best report we could get at this time   Probably taking off a little early this afternoon to pick him up.
View Quote

Hell yeah!!!! That's great news!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Defender3:

The best of news!

Good on ya OP and good health to Rudy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Defender3:
Call from vet.  They dipped/bathed him for the scabies.  Does have the usual round/hook worms you could expect with this type of stray.  But that's about it.  Seizures probably coming from not getting regular meals and insulin being off.  So regular meals should take care of that.  Not quite old enough for shots so we're going back in a couple of weeks for that.  All in all,  thought it was best report we could get at this time   Probably taking off a little early this afternoon to pick him up.

The best of news!

Good on ya OP and good health to Rudy.

This!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Your an awesome man op,praying for little Rudy .
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Lucky doggo!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That’s great to hear. Thanks for doing the right thing.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Good deal!

Glad to hear the little guy is doing pretty good!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
That dog hit the lottery

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#10]
YAY! Go get that pup and give your new dog a hug and a treat
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Outstanding news!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#13]

This is one cute pup. You are awesome OP with a huge heart and great guy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Great to hear he's doing well!! Enjoy your new dag, OP
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The little feller is already fighting to get back to you
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:

I live out in farm country and garbage people tend to dump their unwanted animals around here for whatever reason.  Those "people" are fucking monsters.

Someone dumped what looked to be a Lab/Boxer mix and it ended up in my yard while I was out deer hunting.  My wife put it in the kennel and said "surprise!" when I walked in for lunch.  We already had two elderly dogs and one puppy so we were NOT going to keep it.  I kept it in a crate in my garage as it was getting too cold out at night.  Couldn't bring it around the other dogs because it was clear he had worms and fleas.  Found someone to adopt him and he spent the rest of his life being a pampered member of their family and a great dog. I regret not keeping him for ourselves and also keeping him segregated like i did.  That last part still bothers me 10 years later.
View Quote

I get it, but you did great and were responsible for his best life possible.

Can't wait to see the pup, great job OP!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Alright alright!  Now we're talking!!  Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinMark] [#20]

Good looking pup!!  Kinda looks like my Sonny.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/429587427_10225249492210346_372394567717-3183245.JPG

View Quote

Great news on the new pup. Hope he comes through with no long-term issues.

Rex is a Golden/Husky breed mix, 125 pounds of super goofy doofus behavior in a timid package. Sonny looks to be a Golden of some sort?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By akethan:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akethan:

That is fantastic!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Thats great news.  Looks like a cute little bugger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Good job OP. Beautiful puppy too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JeepinMark:

Great new on the new pup. Hope he comes through with no long-term issues.

Rex is a Golden/Husky breed mix, 125 pounds of super goofy doofus behavior in a timid package. Sonny looks to be a Golden of some sort?
View Quote

They told me he is part Pyrenees and he does have the dual dew claws on the back legs.  At least two generations removed from pure blooded though.  Has the goofy doofus trait though
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Jasper is part Shepherd/Cattledog/Asshole mix, and I can honestly say he doesn’t give a shit about your puppy or any other dog based on how he treats other canines…

But I’m happy for you and the pup!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
GREAT NEWS! Thanks for letting us know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#31]
That is great news OP
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome news!

Gaaahhhh this thread is making me want a doggo in my life again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Rescue dogs are the best dogs.  We've got 6, 5 of them are rescues, in one way or another.  
1 Red Husky I got from a breeder who was getting out of it.  I think he's retarded.  Or doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together any more.  
1 Grey/Black husky that my wife found on the side of the road dragging a chain.  Chipped and Fixed.  But the chip was never registered. Best of the bunch
1 Akita we got from the SPCA shelter He'd been there for 6 months.  Looks like a pit and nobody wanted him for that.  Kinda dumb, but a sweetheart.  
1 Grey/white husky we got from the local kill shelter.   Likes to start fights, but runs away like a pussy when they fight back.  
1 coy dog (according to the vet) who just showed up one day and never left after I fed him.  Neurotic as hell.  But friendly as all get out, once he trusts you.
1 yellow lab we inherited from our son when he went off to college.  If anyone ever tries to hurt my wife, they will have to kill this dog and the Akita to get at her.  Myself included, I think.  We staged a fake fight in the front yard one night.  Yelling and play fighting.  They were not having it.  Would have been bit if I wasn't paying attention to them.    

Dinner time at our house is Interesting

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations on the new best friend.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Good on you, OP. Congratulations on your new pup.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Redneck_in_Texas:
Rescue dogs are the best dogs.  We've got 6, 5 of them are rescues, in one way or another.  
1 Red Husky I got from a breeder who was getting out of it.  I think he's retarded.  Or doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together any more.  
1 Grey/Black husky that my wife found on the side of the road dragging a chain.  Chipped and Fixed.  But the chip was never registered. Best of the bunch
1 Akita we got from the SPCA shelter He'd been there for 6 months.  Looks like a pit and nobody wanted him for that.  Kinda dumb, but a sweetheart.  
1 Grey/white husky we got from the local kill shelter.   Likes to start fights, but runs away like a pussy when they fight back.  
1 coy dog (according to the vet) who just showed up one day and never left after I fed him.  Neurotic as hell.  But friendly as all get out, once he trusts you.
1 yellow lab we inherited from our son when he went off to college.  If anyone ever tries to hurt my wife, they will have to kill this dog and the Akita to get at her.  Myself included, I think.  We staged a fake fight in the front yard one night.  Yelling and play fighting.  They were not having it.  Would have been bit if I wasn't paying attention to them.    

Dinner time at our house is Interesting

View Quote

I bet!!  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#37]
People who dump animals should be walked to the ditch they threw them in, chained and left for the vultures and coyotes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Erm muh gosh he’s so freaking cute. Good on you for rescuing him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Great news.  Friend for life no doubt.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#40]
OP you are a good person.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MilHouse-556] [#41]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
How anybody could abandon that little one.
View Quote

A piece of shit person (who don't deserve to live IMO) who just dumps an animal when it has a health issue they don't want to deal with/pay for.

These types of people are monsters and don't belong in society.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Go get your new dog OP, he's waiting for you!

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Great news. Thank you OP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Pulling for the little guy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:56:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#45]
Reluctantly clicked this “Roadside find last night” thread thinking there would be a funny hooker story involved but now it’s all dusty in here and my feels are all stirred up. Great job OP and congrats on your new buddy. Hope he makes a full recovery and lives a long and happy life.

So much better than a hooker story  🤜🏼💥🤛🏼
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#46]
View Quote

This is excellent news… today is a good day,

Thank you again OP, you have done a solid thing here.
Have you settled on a name yet?

And yes, I am requesting pics as soon as he gets back home..
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Love a happy ending... and good outcomes for abandoned pups as well!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad to hear and thanks for the update, OP.

I bet he makes out to be a great buddy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Good job OP! Definitely earned some good karma with that. I wish I could drop off some food for the little guy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By klinc:
Cat we picked up last year from the middle of the road. Thought it was a plastic bag at first then saw the legs splayed out when it was spinning. Surprised I missed it with the wheels and the 18 wheeler as well as car behind him missed it with their wheels. Car in front of us I suspect tagged him with his front lower spoiler as his mouth was bleeding a little bit.

I got turned around real quick in the parking lot to the right and the wife ran out and grabbed him still laying in the middle of the road.

The ferret and him terrorize each other in the house to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCjBhu4py4
View Quote

Funny.  Got our Stormy the same way.  Driving home from work one day, wind picking up, lightning off in the distance and up ahead of me by the cemetery I thought I saw piece of black plastic blowing around on the road.  Got closer and could tell it was a tiny black kitten.  I went right by it and it was spinning around in the opposite lane.  I pulled over in the grass, got out my car and it was gone.  Looked across the road and it was hunkered down behind a tuft of grass.  You know cats.  They think if they can't see you then you can't see them.  I ran across the road, grabbed her by the back of the neck and raised her up.  She had some blood on one foot and her cheek but didn't seem to be bleeding much.  I carried her over to the car and got in and laid her in the floor on the passenger side.  The rain and wind hit and it poured it down.  She climbed up on the seat and sat down to watch the windshield wipers go back and forth and I figured she must be alright.

Got her home and saw my wife's car was gone.  Called her and she'd driven herself and our youngest son to the grocery store.  I told her to pick up some kitten food and a small collar and she got all excited and wanted to hear where the cat came from.  I set the kitten down on the floor to talk and it disappeared on me.  I twisted some more and could see her tail stricking out from under the kitchen stove.  Had to get a wonder bar to pry the trim piece loose so I could get my hand in there and grab her to get her out.  Then my wife and son came home and the cuddling, hugging, nose rubbing, etc. commenced.

Not much feels as good as rescuing a lost hungry set baby animal from surely being killed in nature.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top